• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
header.jpg

Release Date: June 26th 2018
Platforms: XB1, PC, PS4, Switch
Developer: Resonair
Publisher: Enhance

LUMINES REMASTERED brings minimalism to the puzzle genre where the fusion of light and sound sets the stage for a two-color falling block experience in HD and 4K. Groove to electronic jams while strategically dropping blocks before the BPM bar sweeps combos clean after each measure.

20180501_shinin.jpg

GAME FEATURES
===============
  • Feel the sound: Play over 40 skins with electronic atmospheres from chill to upbeat. Shuffle skins (like a music playlist) as more are unlocked in a new Shuffle mode.
  • Feel the challenge: Faster tempos means less time to make combos, but slower songs can mean uncleared stacks. You'll get hooked.
  • Feel the fun: Take the challenge to unlock all skins and avatars, play against friends in local VS 2-player mode, or climb the ranks to the top of the online leaderboards.
  • Feel the vibration: Turn on Trance Vibration and sync multiple rumble-enabled controllers to feel the bass across your body.
Store Links
===============
*PS4 Launch Only Special
- SPECIAL OFFER: Buy LUMINES REMASTERED on PS4 and get all digital goods free for two weeks!
- A groovy Lumines "Block Droppin' Beats" PS4 Dynamic Theme
- 20-song soundtrack sampler with original music (.mp3 files you can copy to any device via USB storage)!
- 5 Lumines-themed PS4 avatars

Song List & How to Unlock
===============
45 Degrees: Complete All Puzzles
Aback: Reach Level 40 In Challenge Mode
Auto Mobile Industry: Complete Level 2 In VS. CPU Mode
Big Elpaso: Reach Level 70 In Challenge Mode
Brash: Complete Level 8 In VS. CPU Mode
Chinese Restaurant: Complete Level 9 In VS. CPU Mode
Da-Di-Do: Reach Level 52 In Challenge Mode
Darkside Beside the River: Reach Level 36 In Challenge Mode
Fly into the Sky: Reach Level 95 In Challenge Mode
Get Up and Go: Reach Level 90 In Challenge Mode
Holiday in Summer: Reach Level 60 In Challenge Mode
I hear the Music in my Soul: Reach Level 32 In Challenge Mode
Japanese Form: Complete Level 1 In VS. CPU Mode
Just... :Reach Level 28 In Challenge Mode
Lights: Reach Level 100 In Challenge Mode
Meguro: Reach Level 80 In Challenge Mode
Mekong: Complete Level 5 In VS. CPU Mode
Moon Beam: Complete Level 10 In VS. CPU Mode
Morning Beats: Play Basic Challenge Mode
My Generation: Reach Level 75 In Challenge Mode
Please Return My CD: Complete Level 3 In VS. CPU Mode
Prime Factor: Win on all stages playing against the CPU
Rodent: Complete all missions
Round About: Reach Level 8 In Challenge Mode
Shake Ya Body: Reach Level 16 In Challenge Mode
Sister Walk: Reach Level 48 In Challenge Mode
Slipping: Reach Level 12 In Challenge Mode
Spirits: Reach Level 85 In Challenge Mode
Square Dance: Reach Level 20 In Challenge Mode
Strangers: Reach Level 56 In Challenge Mode
Take a Dog Out a Walk: Reach Level 65 In Challenge Mode
Talk 2 You: Reach Level 24 In Challenge Mode
The Bird Singing in the Night: Complete Level 4 In VS. CPU Mode
The Spy Loves Me: Complete Level 7 In VS. CPU Mode
Tintoy: Play Basic Challenge Mode
Urbanization: Reach Level 4 In Challenge Mode
Water, Flower & Lights: Reach Level 100 in Basic Challenge Mode
Whoop-De-Do: Complete Level 6 In VS. CPU Mode
Working in the Hole: Reach Level 44 In Challenge Mode

Questions & Answers
===============
Q: Where are the reviews?
A: Here

Q: Is Heavenly Star in this?

A: This is Lumines Remastered

Q: Are the songs from the Vita game in this?

Q: Are the songs from Rez in this one?

Q: Is Shinin' in this?
A: This is Lumines Remastered....so yes.

Q: What's changed visually in this remaster?
A: 4K upgrade on XB1, PS4, and PC. Still 60fps across all versions

Q: What's changed about the gameplay?
A: Lumines 2's playlist mode has been added. It allows you to choose 10 skins from any of the unlocked skins and play them in any order you want. Endlessly in a loop or one-time through to achieve a high score

Q: What else changed?
Apparently the chain mechanic adopts the Lumines Electronic Symphony method in that you dont have to create a full square with the chain block to set it off. Just drop it and any similarly colored block attached to it in the chain will be removed.

Q: Will there be any downloadable skins?
A: In an interview late last week Mizuguchi was asked if there will be DLC. He responded that there isn't any and that he views Lumines' playlist to be a cultivated soundtrack that he doesn't want to alter. Yesterday on Twitter he said he will pass along requests for DLC he was getting to the development team. So there may or may not be DLC. As a reminder, Lumines Electronic Symphony had DLC planned and was summarily canceled when the game bombed. So if you want DLC, buy 30 copies of the game.

Q: Will there be online leaderboards?
A: Yes
Screenshots
===============

Special Thanks to Lord Brady for the Q&A and Song Unlock Sections
Special Thank to shade for updating some of the song unlocks

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
thanks for the OT, looking to jump back in since I have such fond memories of the PSP version
Anyone played on Switch got impressions?

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Nice OT!

I've never played a Lumines game before but always been curious about them. I'm more than likely going to pick this up on Switch this afternoon, should fit nicely right next to Picross S as a good chill-and-play puzzler to zone out with.

PedroRVD

Oct 25, 2017
Ecuador
How is the switch version?

I've been debating all night with myself:

4K / achievements

or

Portability

I can't decide! :(

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Will get on Switch after I finish Octo xp and Kingdom Battle DK xp. Can't wait, though!

Nov 8, 2017
Nice OT!

Has anyone from Enhance mentioned the possibility of DLC for this game if it does well? Would love to see Heavenly Star and some other tracks from the more recent games.

neufel

Oct 29, 2017
Switzerland
Happy with it on Switch, but damn that dynamic theme is good.

And beyond portability, the Switch offers orgasmic HD Rumble. Damn.
I just hope someone will upload a video of HD rumble for the game soon, otherwise, I'll do it tomorrow. It's insane.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe I'll finally be able to just double click an icon on my desktop and play Lumines. I've been waiting for a PC version for over 10 years.

blalala

Oct 27, 2017
played a bit on xbox, some of the ui seems very low res, but looks good overall. Not sure how I feel about the rumble, it's a bit too much and I hope I can turn it down in the settings (haven't checked if it's possible yet)

elektrixx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'll look into this game again. I couldn't get into the 360 version, but that was so long ago.

Mutagenic

Oct 30, 2017
Did the backgrounds always used to move left and right when moving the cursor? It's annoying as hell.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
Yikes. Like it for portable, but the d-pad position isn't that great. Wish we could get some ergonomic joycons.

This HD rumble is something else though.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
FUCK ME HD RUMBLE

People weren't kidding, it's insane

Loading times are awful though, I'm not even sure why the game would need them

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was playing it last night on PS4 and it's sooooooo good! Pretty much the perfect game for Switch - kinda makes me wish I had one so that I could sneak a few games in here and there.

Simone

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Would you recommend this game on ps4? I mostly play puzzle games on portables, but in this case, I don't have a Switch.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna have to buy this for both PC and PS4. This and Puyo Puyo Tetris are clearly games of the generation.

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
Yikes. Like it for portable, but the d-pad position isn't that great. Wish we could get some ergonomic joycons.

This HD rumble is something else though.
Couple adjustments you can try, if it helps. Make sure you're not holding the system with your palms, this forces your thumb to bend in an unnatural way. Rest the weight of the system on your fingers, you can create a sort of cradle with your finger knuckles (worst description ever I realize but best I can do)

My thumb is pretty much always flat, if I notice I am bending it down it is because I am squeezing the system to secure it with my palms rather than letting it rest back on my fingers which feels a million times better.

Last edited:

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's great so far. My only gripe is that the main menu music isn't that good
Yes, I dont understand the choice of menu music. I can only assume it was inspired by House66 from Lumines 2/Lumines Live:

Did the backgrounds always used to move left and right when moving the cursor? It's annoying as hell.

It was static in the past due to size limitations. I like it better this way, but for people who the backgrounds and flashing colors bother them when playing Lumines, this game is going to annoy the shit outa them. When Shake Ya Body started I nearly went blind. But I love it. It's all part of the Lumines experience.

Played it briefly on PS4 and then on Switch. It's as great on a big TV as it is on a handheld. Load times are an issue on both platforms.

How is resolution/framerate in portable mode?

Native res, 60fps.

I recommend people get a grip case of some kind to play on Switch. I have a Mumba Rugged case and it makes holding it and using the dpad very comfortable.

Enforcer

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Switch portable thoughts:

Actual gameplay feels smooth so far. (There are some hiccups when loading).
Would like some kind of AA. There are some noticeable aliasing in the menus.
The loading times could be improved

Enjoying my time with it. Had some good memories playing Lumines on the Vita

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Buying this on Switch ASAP (waiting on gamestop to release a hold I have on trade credit from a botched order on their end :/).