• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
d495FiZ.gif

You will be ashamed of your words & deeds.

I wanted this to be a game so much

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Oh.

Then... Err, please be medieval fantasy? With dragons and magic, maybe?
Well, bad news/good news on this front.

The New IP was basically supposed to just be a follow up to FFXV, but as a New IP so it could continue on as a series.

However, that means that's probably not what they were aiming for with FFXVI, going back to your original request, so at least that is unlikely to be a "fantasy meets reality" title.

peppersky

Banned
Mar 9, 2018
In developing FFXV, we meticulously pursued the potential of games, from the open world system to the application of emotion-filled AI.

What the fuck are they smoking over there?

Seriously, after the mess that was FFXV they shouldn't just jump straight into another way too ambitious AAA game.

Guildenstern

Oct 29, 2017
FF15 and FF16 from the same team? In the last Final Fantasy there has always been an alternation of teams to differentiate the setting, story and gameplay. FF16 is most likely of BD 5 perhaps Luminus is on FF17.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
FF15 and FF16 from the same team? In the last Final Fantasy there has always been an alternation of teams to differentiate the setting, story and gameplay. FF16 is most likely of BD 5 perhaps Luminus is on FF17.
Officially they still reiterated that Luminous is working on the same new IP they were working on under Tabata since last year.

BWZZ0Y2.jpg

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How has this gen been a shitshow? They've released several critically acclaimed titles, lots of smaller gems and there hasn't been anything anywhere near of the level of FFXIV 1.0 & ARR distrubting all other development. FFVII Remake was arguably announced too early for the impatient masses but otherwise there haven't been many big blunders. Luminous was almost put to task too early but they didn't get too hung up on it in the same way that they did with Crystal Tools, and began with or quickly moved projects to UE4 to keep them going forward.

Yeah, I wonder in what world those people live when DQ Heroes, DQ Builders, DQ11, Bravely Default, KH3, KHDDD, Octopath Traveler, Nier Automata and other games released on this gen and that's not counting the western branch.

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
OHWb7TC.gif

Please let FFXVI be a medieval fantasy, please let FFXVI be a medieval fantasy, please let FFXVI be a medieval fantasy, please let FFXVI be a medieval fantasy, please let FFXVI be a medieval fantasy, please let FFXVI be a medieval fantasy, please let FFXVI be a medieval fantasy, please let FFXVI be a medieval fantasy, please let FFXVI be a medieval fantasy, please let FFXVI be a medieval fantasy, please let FFXVI be a medieval fantasy, please let FFXVI be a medieval fantasy, please let FFXVI be a medieval fantasy, please let FFXVI be a medieval fantasy, please let FFXVI be a medieval fantasy, please let FFXVI be a medieval fantasy, please let FFXVI be a medieval fantasy.
Why? The best FFs: 6, 7, 9 are not medieval fantasy. Half of CRPG and a forth of JRPG genre are medieval fantasy, why on earth should FF16 be medieval fantasy? It should be anything but.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Last time se announced working ina game for a un-announced console... well, we are still waiting for it to release, actually.

Oct 31, 2017
I think that might actually be what FFXVI could be especially if it's indeed developed by BD5 (the FFXIV/FFXII/TLR team) like some things been hinting at. It's just speculation for now, but BD5 (FFXIV/FFXII/TLR team) has been hiring for a new project since at least early 2016 and some of the FFXIV leads were taken off during Heavensward's development in 2015. See:

Mmmm... I like that team quite a lot.

Watch the screen captures in the OP, then follow the LinkedIn link (no pun intended) and you will see... there's nothing left to see. :-D

Yeah, I just saw that :D

Is it the first time "PS5" was mentioned by a third party ?

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Why? The best FFs: 6, 7, 9 are not medieval fantasy. Half of CRPG and a forth of JRPG genre are medieval fantasy, why on earth should FF16 be medieval fantasy? It should be anything but.
Ehhh, I think it's pretty obvious what people mean by "medieval" - namely FFI-VI, FFIX, FFXII (regardless of some of them technically having Steampunk or even Sci-Fi elements).

Is it the first time "PS5" was mentioned by a third party ?
Technically the FFXV devs even mentioned the PS6 and PS7 already in an interview a few months ago :D
That's all right! So the team originally worked very closely with the Kingsglaive team during the initial stages of development. Did you ever think about using their expertise for the PC version, or are we still a way off Kingsglaive level graphics on a PC?

HT: I'll show you something here [plays the Nvidia GTC 2017 Kingsglaive demo on his phone]. This is Nvidia's GTC conference in May last year. So we really tried to make the real-time rendering for the CG in the game to be as high as possible, but also this was possible because of the pre-rendered CG as well, so we worked on both simultaneously.

AT: We actually used the same engine to make the [GTC trailer] as we did for the PC version.

HT: The graphics are probably a PlayStation 7 thing, though, I think!

KS: Maybe PS6!

[everyone laughs]

KS: I think that's the big strength of our team within the company though. We've got this technical base that covers such a huge range of different levels and capacities going right down from the smartphone content games through to consoles and PCs, right up to this pre-rendered CG technology we have, and I think this really makes our team very strong.

Source.

Oct 31, 2017
OHWb7TC.gif

Please let FFXVI be a medieval fantasy, please let FFXVI be a medieval fantasy, please let FFXVI be a medieval fantasy, please let FFXVI be a medieval fantasy, please let FFXVI be a medieval fantasy, please let FFXVI be a medieval fantasy, please let FFXVI be a medieval fantasy, please let FFXVI be a medieval fantasy, please let FFXVI be a medieval fantasy, please let FFXVI be a medieval fantasy, please let FFXVI be a medieval fantasy, please let FFXVI be a medieval fantasy, please let FFXVI be a medieval fantasy, please let FFXVI be a medieval fantasy, please let FFXVI be a medieval fantasy, please let FFXVI be a medieval fantasy, please let FFXVI be a medieval fantasy.

no. Steampunk or sci-fi period

Jktpnymonorel

Banned
Jan 19, 2018
I see winter 2022 title

if SE doesnt let Nomura near this, me gucci (apart from being character designer. thats ok)