• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
According to Tomohiro Tokoro (Luminous 3D Character Model Lead Artist) linkedin:

UvqCvpJ.png

https://jp.linkedin.com/in/tomohiro-tokoro-942a3457/ja

Edit: A Information provided by Strings: Square had already confirmed that they were developing a game for the next generation:

I don't understand why this is news? They straight up told us it was a next-gen game when they rebranded division 2.

Nah, they provided an update to Eurogamer that reaffirms it's a new IP:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...ts-square-enix-final-fantasy-15-dlc-cancelled

Last edited:

kennyamr

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY, USA
First time a big developer actually calls it "PS5"?

#PlayStationMeeting2019inFebruary
#Believe

Edit: Oh I see, it's from LinkedIn, gotcha.

Last edited:

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
Probably they don't even know the final name. Developers know the codename and are assuming it will be PS5.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
I thought they made it clear they were working on a new IP for next-gen systems a long time ago.

II JumPeR I

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Germany
is best for business really terrible behavior?
if they dont sell so well on xbox why would you keep expecting support?
Can we stop with this nonsense?
Games like FF15 and Nier sold very well on XboxOne. Stop bringing up that terrible PSP FF remaster nobody asked for. Its history.

"terrible behaviour"?

What do you even mean by this?
Best case example.. Kingdom Hearts franchise...

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
RG0BS1U.gif

We knew the console was coming and games being made for it too kind of

but now pure confirmation of the console itself

Holiday 2020 is my bet for release

Last edited:

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
Thank god it's ps5, I was concerned they're gonna call ot PS V
Come on now. Giving their home consoles sensible names has been the best marketing move from them. There was no way they are going to mess up that. Remember when everyone though that they will not name the successor to PS3, PS4, because Japanese word for four sounds to much like Japanese word for devil, or something like that...

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
damn, so we'll probably see it on the ps6 if we're going by SE's word

So we finally have the first ps6 game announced

Here we go again. 2028 release date.

Yeah we won't see this for another 7 years or so

Yeah... like DQXI, Nier Automata, Octopath Traveler, Dragon Quest Builders, Dissidia and so many other games didn't came in a reasonable timeframe. lol

lol...they really have to fix their image. Don't worry SE. I'm in your corner. You say PS5 and I'll believe PS5.

It's ridiculous considering that pretty much only FFXV and now FF7R had such problems while their other 40+ titles on the last years hadn't it.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
You won't get guaranteed Japanese support for a multiplatform title ?
well yeah unless you're Nintendo or Sony

I mean how many Japanese titles came to the PS4 this gen not because Sony published them, not because Sony funded them, not because Sony secured an exclusive but because the Xbox doesn't have a market in Japan

you now have compared to the 360 gen, Japanese titles being more likely coming out on Steam/PC then the Xbox as one dropped and the other rose

that can change in the future though and have it release on their platform too around the same time frame, etc...

but that is up to MS and no one else

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Man....the anticipation of next gen is always so exciting...

still, i am okay with the ps4 if it can go on for another 2 years before the PS5.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I wonder what happens to the FFXV mobile game that was supposed to be launched in China.
The one mentioned in the posting was probably it and it got canned maybe?

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
OHWb7TC.gif

Please let FFXVI be a medieval fantasy, please let FFXVI be a medieval fantasy, please let FFXVI be a medieval fantasy, please let FFXVI be a medieval fantasy, please let FFXVI be a medieval fantasy, please let FFXVI be a medieval fantasy, please let FFXVI be a medieval fantasy, please let FFXVI be a medieval fantasy, please let FFXVI be a medieval fantasy, please let FFXVI be a medieval fantasy, please let FFXVI be a medieval fantasy, please let FFXVI be a medieval fantasy, please let FFXVI be a medieval fantasy, please let FFXVI be a medieval fantasy, please let FFXVI be a medieval fantasy, please let FFXVI be a medieval fantasy, please let FFXVI be a medieval fantasy.