• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, Lupe's been tweeting...

Remember, don't hurt Lupe's feelings, he's a disciple of the sword.

75fda8b6a1db407535774726e57bc381.jpg

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
I mean, one of his lyrics is literally "I am American mentally with Japanese tendencies", we should've seen this coming.

Deleted member 46958

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
"I am American mentally with Japanese tendencies..."

- Lupe, Gold Watch, 2007

Edit: beaten like The Cool

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
If you wanted to do a deep read, this would be a great response to "go back where you came from" bullshit directed at those with slave ancestry given the reach of Japanese culture and the severing of cultural roots visited upon most African-Americans.

Not that that's applicable here.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
This is just like one of my animes.

I dunno, guess this just seems weirder when it happens to African Americans vs caucasian Americans, but it's probably inevitable with how much we digest Japanese culture.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
You, a non visionary: Lupe can't be Japanese!

Me, someone streets ahead:

He made Food & Liquor and The Cool. Food & Liquor. The Cool.

9EIgw1b.jpg

Deleted member 32563

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Been tweeting....

This is almost a month old....

Y'all looking for controversy now....

And he said culturally.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
I don't care if you think you're culturally more Japanese, Irish or Aborigine; as long as you keep dropping great albums and truths, we good.

Biggavell

Banned
Dec 26, 2019
Love Food & Liquor and The Cool. After that, he turned into a weirdo whose music I can't vibe with. He's quintessentially smart dumb.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
lupe can say wild stuff like this and only get 400 likes / 200 replies?

damn he's washed

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"I am American mentally with Japanese tendencies."

Lupe Fiasco, Gold Watch
The Cool - 2007

KingM

Oct 28, 2017
Lupe tweets from a month ago that barely jostled hotep twitter. Must be a slow day.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
This is just like one of my animes.

I dunno, guess this just seems weirder when it happens to African Americans vs caucasian Americans, but it's probably inevitable with how much we digest Japanese culture.
"We" digest a lot? Give me some context that extends beyond common weeb shit like watching anime, old martial arts movies, video games and sushi?

Like what real, authentic cultural shit is your average person absorbing? I feel like I'm prob out of the loop here.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
"We" digest a lot? Give me some context that extends beyond common weeb shit like watching anime, old martial arts movies, video games and sushi?

Like what real, authentic cultural shit is your average person absorbing? I feel like I'm prob out of the loop here.

Weebification probably only requires an appreciation of Japanese culture on the superficial level that you describe. Young people get this idea of the country based on pop culture and just run with it.

It's cute seeing people get really into cosplay or cooking, not when someone starts making sweeping statements like "Japan has the perfect society and Japanese women are the world's ideal subservient broodmares."

Like, real Japanese people don't walk around everyday brandishing katanas but every weeb owns one.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
I like to think that the real Lupe went back to his home planet after Love Food & Liquor and The Cool were released, and everything after that never happened.