• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rotkehle

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Hamm, Germany
Sprinters are kinda all over the place even direct from Mercedes - they span the range from big tin crate on wheels to loaded soundproof 4wd limo.

If I could actually afford one I'd probably get a conversion of an AWD extended van - but the airstream version is the one that looks the most like it came out of the Benz factory.

If I lived in Europe there'd be more options - including the (IMO) awesome little VW California.

I always thought about buying a VW California. Awesome Maschine. You can get good used ones for about 50K€

Mar 21, 2018
stax009-side1.jpg

Stax SR-009 + a worthy amp/dac to accompany it

I'v got one of those. Love it. Treat yourself.

hwalker84

Oct 29, 2017
Pittsburgh
I'm thinking of buying a luxury car for my next purchase, but I continue to remind myself it's a waste of money. But I used to say that about buy new cars, and since buying one I'll never get a used one again.
I can't do used either. I hate used anything not just cars. I have a $2000 pistol (Mark 23 aka Solid Snakes Metal Gear Solid socom pistol). I bought it used and want to replace it just because it has wear that I would've done but it wasn't done by me. Lol

I'm thinking of trading my Hellcat for a Model 3.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
It's weird. I want a really fancy mechanical watch with intricate parts and shit, but I got a rolex I never wear, so I am torn.

Chan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a Tumi carry on that I never use because I prefer my Osprey Porter 46 for traveling.

Deleted member 16516

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
The MB&F Horological Machine N°6

hm6_face_preview_by_edmonddantes9285_ddi6zh4-pre.jpg

hm6_sv_top_rg_preview_by_edmonddantes9285_ddi6zha-pre.jpg

hm6_engine_02_preview_by_edmonddantes9285_ddi6zh8-pre.jpg

With its biomorphic curves, animated spheres, 'winking' eye and beating heart, HM6 is our most organic machine to date.

In each of the four corners of HM6's biomorphic case is a 360° sphere, capped top and bottom by transparent sapphire crystal domes. Up forward, two spheres rotate vertically respectively displaying hours and minutes. Back aft, the twin spherical turbines spin, regulating the automatic winding system to reduce stress and wear.

The transparent cupola on top houses a flying tourbillon and offers a tantalizing glimpse into the sophisticated engine inside. The sapphire crystal display portal on the back reveals more of the 475 finely finished components making up the highly complex movement, which required over three years of development. The sapphire crystal plates of the HM6-SV and Alien Nation editions offer even more comprehensive views − top and bottom − to the movement within.

Horological Machine N°6 Final Edition finishes a series started in 2014. With the 8 pieces of HM6 Final Edition, the number of pieces made in the Horological Machine N°6 series comes to a total of exactly 100.

There's a whole world of watchmaking above the traditional 'big three' of Patek Phillipe, Audemars Piguet and Vacheron Constantin, the likes of Jaeger-LeCoultre and A. Lange & Söhne nipping at the heels of those three and the mid-rangers like Rolex, Omega and Breitling.

Last edited:

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
I'd love an expensive hand-made mechanical watch.

But as someone who loves guitar - and owns several including a very nice Gibson Les Paul - I've realised the guitar I want is a fairly expensive (for me) ESP E-II Eclipse. Can't quite afford one right now, and it's not like I'm short of guitars already.

Oh and that levitating glass. Didn't know I need that until I saw it.

Inki

Oct 30, 2017
black-tesla-model-s-ts118-21-inch-forged-wheels-matte-black-2.jpg

Tesla S P100D w/ Ludicrous Mode. "Stock" from Tesla $112k (0-60 2.4s). But then some TLC mods to the body similiar to whats shown here.

Slim

Banned
Sep 24, 2018
Chiron.. even though it makes no sense driving those cars on norwegian roads.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The MB&F Horological Machine N°6

file

file

file

hm6_engine_02_preview_by_edmonddantes9285_ddi6zh8-pre.jpg

There's a whole world of watchmaking above the traditional 'big three' of Patek Phillipe, Audemars Piguet and Vacheron Constantin, the likes of Jaeger-LeCoultre and A. Lange & Söhne nipping at the heels of those three and the mid-rangers like Rolex, Omega and Breitling.

I just watched the Space Pirate one and it was stunningly beautiful craftsmanship but all I can think about is this scene playing out on a superyacht.

"Yo What time is it?"

Glances at spinning platinum turbines and orbital number globe.

"I have no fucking idea."

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I just watched the Space Pirate one and it was stunningly beautiful craftsmanship but all I can think about is this scene playing out on a superyacht.

"Yo What time is it?"

Glances at spinning platinum turbines and orbital number globe.

"I have no fucking idea."

But that's when you pull out your diamond-studded iPhone 11 Pro and confidently proclaim it's 3:52pm.

OptiveLink

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, after a few hours of thinking about the bass, I went back into the world of custom instruments and I THINK I'll be able to get what I wanted for a price I can actually see myself being able to pay. (While supporting small businesses)
So, uh, thanks for the thread. lol

Chris McQueen

Self-requested ban
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
London
ferrari-f40-douglas-pittman.jpg

Ferrari F40. Ever since I downloaded that NFS: Heat app, I've been creating my own custom cars. I can't even drive.