• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome. I know it was controversial to not press a disc but I love my Garegga box set that only came with a code and wish they were doing similar for each release.

Dambrosi

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome. I know it was controversial to not press a disc but I love my Garegga box set that only came with a code and wish they were doing similar for each release.
I have that too, one of the best limited editions I've ever bought. I just wish I didn't have to double-dip just to play the game in English.

Back on-topic, is this Sorcer Striker or Kingdom Grand Prix? I know it isn't Dimahoo. It's Sorcer Striker. Oh well, back to the hunt for KGP on Saturn.

Last edited:

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
True to form with the M2 Shot Triggers series, they announce a CAVE port and then go silent. Then announce something else that releases first. GG

OP
OP
Agent Unknown

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
Really hoping M2 eventually ports Batrider and Bakraid.

The Garegga LE box is amazing, well worth the price despite the lack of a disc.

danbo

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah has Ketsui even gotten a release date yet? Really wish they had ported something else by Cave like EspRrade.

An ESP Ra.De. port would be dope. My favourite of the first generation Cave games.

But what would they do about the scoring? It's not really played for score because you can milk bosses for chip points for an insanely boring length of time...

Mantrox

Oct 27, 2017
There was also a Schoolgirl tutorial RPG of sorts they were releasing to teach players how to play Dangun.
Does that come out before or after Ketsui?
The schedule is all over the place but i am happy they are working on these titles; so far they look and play like a dream.

Oct 27, 2017
But what would they do about the scoring? It's not really played for score because you can milk bosses for chip points for an insanely boring length of time...

what? lol. then in that case armed police batrider and battle garegga aren't played for score because the bosses can be endlessly milkable until time out.

but ironically new world garegga records have been set in the last few years.

danbo

Oct 27, 2017
what? lol. then in that case armed police batrider and battle garegga aren't played for score because the bosses can be endlessly milkable until time out.

but ironically new world garegga records have been set in the last few years.

A large part of the problem is that ESP Ra.De's bosses don't have a time out mechanic.

Oct 27, 2017
A large part of the problem is that ESP Ra.De's bosses don't have a time out mechanic.
Ah see, I thought you were referring to milking the bosses in ketsui for chips and not the tokens in esprade.

I sold my esprade board a few years ago so I havent played it much since then, but I remember the boss milking not being worth it. So yea... I doubt anyone is trying to beat clover-tac haha

OP
OP
Agent Unknown

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
NA Shottriggers when

It took about ten months before Garegga finally got a North American release, who knows how long it could take with other ShotTrigger releases like Mahou and Dangeron assuming they even get NA releases. Why not purchase some PSN yen credit and just get the game now? Creating a Japanese PSN account is super easy. I played Garegga day one after getting the LE last winter. I don't even have to be logged into my Japanese profile in order to play the game, it launches from my NA account and even the trophies get saved in English to my U.S. profile, the beauty of region free.

Last edited:

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
It took about ten months before Garegga finally got a North American release, who knows how long it could take with other ShotTrigger releases like Mahou and Dangeron assuming they even get NA releases. Why not purchase some PSN yen credit and just get the game now? Creating a Japanese PSN account is super easy. I played Garegga day 1, it launches from my NA account and even the trophies get saved in English to my U.S. profile, the beauty of region free.

Damn, I didn't even realize Garegga was finally out here...

Type VII

Oct 31, 2017
So, the list of these M2 releases is:

Battle Garegga
Dangun Feveron
Ketsui
Sorcer Striker
Mahou Daisakusen

With only Battle Garegga out in the West (but not Europe). Is that right?

Dynamite Cop

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
The arranged music in ShotTriggers releases is really good. The West needs to catch up with the releases so as many people as possible can play them.

OP
OP
Agent Unknown

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
Here is the Japanese PSN store link to the game:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/ja-jp/ゲーム/魔法大作戦/cid=JP0092-CUSA09063_00-MAHOUDAISAKUSPS4

So, the list of these M2 releases is:

Battle Garegga
Dangun Feveron
Ketsui
Sorcer Striker
Mahou Daisakusen

With only Battle Garegga out in the West (but not Europe). Is that right?

Battle Garegga is currently the only M2 ShotTriggers release with a North American release, no European release. Just to clarify, Ketsui does not have a release date at all yet and Sorcer Striker is actually Mahou's other name, not a separate game.

Last edited:

Type VII

Oct 31, 2017
Battle Garegga is currently the only M2 ShotTriggers release with a North American release, no European release. Just to clarify, Ketsui does not have a release date at all yet and Sorcer Striker is actually Mahou's other name, not a separate game.

Ah, thanks. I was wondering why I had made a note of Sorcer Striker coming out today and there was apparently another one too.

Oct 27, 2017
M2 posted a video showing off dual mode which I came across trying to find if there's any hidden modes that you can trigger in dual mode like you can in other m2 arrange modes. I gave it a go yesterday and it was super easy. I think you can spawn additional mobs like you can in dangun feveron but quickly clearing enemies off of the screen.

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
Dual Mode definitely has a max rank trigger, just like Battle Garegga Premium and Dangun Feveron Fever, and it's probably triggered in a similar way (do x in the first stage and don't die/bomb).