• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

16bits

Apr 26, 2019
People will defend this child abuser and rapist, no evidence will change their minds.

this happens with other celebrities who are rapists.

some get a free pass, others do not. It depends if you have a personal connection to them, or their sport, music, art, politics etc

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Seems quite a sensible answer: he doesn't tear down other accusers, but simply states that he doesn't have those experiences and that he doesn't have a reason to hold them back if he did. And yes, I also wouldn't want to watch/talk about the accusations too much when it was about a close friend, and especially not when the instigator of the conversation is Franco who has now been accused by ten women or so?

Deleted member 862

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
he's not defending him he just said he never did anything to him and he never saw anything.

16bits

Apr 26, 2019
he's not defending him he just said he never did anything to him and he never saw anything.

people seem to see this as evidence that Jackson didn't do anything that he has been accused of

its fine that culkin says this, but I'm not sure that if a friend of mine was accused of such crimes, I would purposely ignore and not look at the evidence.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Uhhh, yea I wouldn't classify that as "defending" anyone. He simply says his anecdotal experience doesn't reflect abuse. If it did, he would speak up and even could be said to encourage people to do so. He just doesn't have anything to share as it wasn't his experience. The title should say.

"Macaulay Culkin says he didn't suffer, nor see abuse by MJ"

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Perhaps a better title would be 'Macaulay Culkin asked if he was abused or saw any abuse by Michael Jackson and says no but he would speak up if he knew about it.'

This ridiculous attempt to try and paint it as though he's saying I don't believe he abused anyone is disgusting.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
If he never witnessed or experienced any inappropriate behavior, I don't get why people here want to jump down his throat for not publicly calling for his head.

He also is godfather to Paris, who has had a history of... issues. Even if he is lying-- and you have no proof that he is-- maybe he doesn't want to potentially send her spiraling by throwing her father (whom she obviously cared for) under a bus.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Mack is entitled to his personal experience. His response has been level and fair each time he has spoken up about it.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
He's consistently said that Jackson did nothing to him and I believe it. Jackson wouldn't molest a famous celebrity, it would be way too risky. Much safer for him to molest unknown kids.

16bits

Apr 26, 2019
He's consistently said that Jackson did nothing to him and I believe it. Jackson wouldn't molest a famous celebrity, it would be way too risky. Much safer for him to molest unknown kids.

correct, that kid had power

infact it was a very wise move to have Calkin as a friend

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
That seems awful to say considering Culkin was abused by his father, even if not sexually, because his famousness.

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
Both Corey Feldman and Culkin have said MJ didn't do anything to them, and I take them at their word and believe them.

From watching the HBO documentary it seems MJ targeted families that were wowed and awed by his celebrity. Perhaps he feared techniques wouldn't work as well on families where their own kid were a celebrity. Or maybe he just wanted some famous kids to be able to defend him, who knows.

However what he did to James and Wade and perhaps countless other boys was truly sickening, and it's a shame he managed to stay out of prison while he was alive.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Did you read my 2nd post?
The one where you try to spin and defend your first 'only read the thread title' post?
Yes sir

I'm only trying to point out how dangerous and quickly people come to a judgement just reading a title (here and everywhere else on the internet) and forming opinions on titles and not just actual meat of said story.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Unrelated, but I'm so glad that he looks good now.

He went through a tough period.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Errr, I didn't hear him defend anyone. The "he never did anything" quote is Culkin talking about his own experiences with MJ. What a fucking clickbait.

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
The framing of the thread does not seem accurate to the video, so the thread is locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.