• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
Beyond saying empty comments like 'ACAB', it seems to me the real issue is the lack of accountability and hierarchy in the police organization. And being a public employment, Tney don't have the feeling of you have to do your job right or having the risk of being fired.

Who decides where and what a policeman does? Because it seems here he mostly decides for himself, like he is his own boss. It has to be more like a real work, with managers and supervisors. A person needs to decide what a cop has to do or not, not leave it at the cop's discretion, and once that person communicates to the cop, he has to do it or face consequences.

Imagine you receive a task to do in your office work, like redesigning a website, and you could say "uhh no. I don't want to". It's what's happening here. crazy.

Aldo

Mar 19, 2019
It has to be more like a real work, with managers and supervisors. A person needs to decide what a cop has to do or not, not leave it at the cop's discretion, and once that person communicates to the cop, he has to do it or face consequences.
This is exactly how it's supposed to work, they have superiors. It's just that in general, the consequences for not doing your job are not that severe, if they are even applied.

giraffereyn

Banned
Jan 20, 2019
User Banned (permanent): Inflammatory Generalizations and Trolling Over Multiple Posts in this Thread; Previous infractions for Trolling and Hostility
ACAB

Clearly more uncomfortable than the police refusing to do their job, neglecting their duty of care, and putting a vulnerable individual at risk.
all things that I didn't say or even imply but that is exactly why these threads and the people who post in them make me uncomfortable. These situation seem to be co-opted by crypto-commies to push an economic agenda of which I find wildly inappropriate.

You are literally doing it to me right now. Just because I don't believe in ACAB you applied a bunch of stuff to a person who doesn't share your agenda. Like a facist. Just like a crypto-facist.

This situation is shit and police have a lot of responsibility across the world for an abuse of a lot of power. Police abolishement is exactly what would excarcebate this issue, not fix it.

The person on the call is literally asking for help, from the police.

Bonafide

Oct 11, 2018
imagine seeing repeated abuses of power of police worldwide and being upset at the people calling out this trend just to stan for an economic and political system that encourages this behavior

'both sides' eh

acab, directly or indirectly

Buzzman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
what does 1312 1312 mean
See, the numbers correspond to letters in the alphabet.
A=1, B=2 etc.
So 1312 would be ACAB which generally stands for All Cops Are Bastards. It is a way of expressing dissatisfaction for the severe problems and injustices that are seen as being prevalent in law enforcement.
Hope that helps.

lazygecko

Oct 25, 2017
How do you say all cops are bad in French?

By9zCvG.jpg

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
it seems to me the real issue is the lack of accountability and hierarchy in the police organization.
There's plenty of hierarchy, we've just reached the point where everyone in the hierarchy sustains the culture. Even the justice system helps maintain it and so does public perception. It's a quis custodiet ipsos custodes problem.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
He's a cop. It wouldn't matter to him if god was listening.
Don't be so cold, he might miss a raise or something. Imagine how devastating that could be to someone who is used to getting everything handed to him.
That cop is the real victim in this story, aside from the lady getting threatened by her husband or whatever.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Not really tbh. A huge number of Finnish cops had a private FB group where they were being racist shits and laughing at women being raped etc. Cops are shit everywhere.
There was 50 confirmed people who work for the police in that group (not all of them participating in the problematic content), overall it had almost 3000 members (who don't work for the police). I don't know if it's exactly a huge number of officers (50 out of 7000), but of course even one racist cop is too much. Also I'd appreciate a source for that "laughing at women being raped" bit. I haven't seen any mentions of that anywhere, even when trying to search for it specifically. Have I missed it, everything problematic at the group seemed to just be racist.

Police is the most trusted institution in Finland, even after the Aarnio case. People trust police more than they trust education system, media and health care etc. Most vocal critics of the police in recent years have been far right figures. Let's not bring ACAB mentality to Finland as it doesn't fit here, it's ridiculous and embarrassing to even suggest that. Especially really tasteless right now when two officers were just shot, even after that they took the perperators into custody alive. Police in Finland has a good reputation for a reason, not all are good but majority definitely aren't bad either. It's a privilege, let's not forget that.

Sorry for the thread bump, but I just couldn't get this post out of my head during the weekend so I had to reply.

Edit: Found something that you might have been referring to, comment about the priest Marjaana Toiviainen. "Marjaana on viety savimajan taakse ja saa siellä isosta patukasta kurinpalautusta", yeah it seems likely that the "iso patukka" doesn't mean a baton but refers to sexual violence. It's definitely unacceptable comment to fantasize about rape towards another person, person like that shouldn't be allowed to work as a police. Of course it would be unacceptable to wish any violence towards another person too, sexual violence or not.

Last edited:

STech

Sep 24, 2018
ACAB

It's interesting that police in western nations seem to see serve and protect as serving themselves and protecting themselves.
ACAB, Western or Eastern doesn't matter they all suck.

I would say I'm surprised by this development but I'd be lying.
ACAB, literally everywhere.
ACAB

Clearly more uncomfortable than the police refusing to do their job, neglecting their duty of care, and putting a vulnerable individual at risk.

Can we insult now in this forum?
Is it right to make generalisation and call a group bastards freely?.

I mean, this guy is, at least, a fucking lazy, but there are a looooong road to think everyone is the same

Deleted member 42102

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Can we insult now in this forum?
Is it right to make generalisation and call a group bastards freely?.

I mean, this guy is, at least, a fucking lazy, but there are a looooong road to think everyone is the same
No one is saying everyone is the same, the idea is that cops always claim it's just some bad apples but they often never speak out against their fellow officers wrong doings and as a result are complacent so yes ACAB bub.

I've had a cop pull a gun on me when I was 7 and almost witnessed one kill my uncle so please spare me the the niceties that cops can't seem to afford me.

105635__85304.1449041246.500.750.jpg