• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Henderson, NV
Not interjecting commentary yet. I just want to see how different people interpret/react/process these images.

https://www.panafricanalliance.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Macys-Media-Manipulation-1170x568.jpg
svn12d

Last edited by a moderator:

Subba

Banned
Feb 23, 2018
Okay, so the gay couple? You see gay couples in ads all the time now. Literally just saw one in a Jared's commercial.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
The dog in the first image looks beyond embarassed - as well he should be for letting his owners put that ridiculous outfit on him.

And artificial white Christmas trees are disgusting.

Beyond that everything seems okay.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
the first couple traded two of their kids for a new one?

also swapped dogs.

siddx

Banned
Dec 25, 2017
I'm guessing you are upset that the black family is portrayed as having no father. I have absolutely no problem with it but I try not to read into shit just for the sake of outrage.

Edit: I shouldn't say "you" since that's assuming on my part. My bad.

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There are more pictures in the campaign, that show a """"nuclear""""" non white family.

Don't get your news from hoteps like Tariq Nasheed lol

Allforce

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The gay couple stole the single mom's son. Or she stole theirs. It is a Holiday Mystery at Macys.

OP
OP
Shola Akinnuso
Oct 27, 2017
Henderson, NV
I'm guessing you are upset that the black family is portrayed as having no father. I have absolutely no problem with it but I try not to read into shit just for the sake of outrage.

Edit: I shouldn't say "you" since that's assuming on my part. My bad.
I'm not outraged about anything. I'm observing and reading. I'm curious.

The only thing that outrages me are Pedophiles, Donald Trump, and littering. Everything else? It's just Monday.

Baroque

Oct 25, 2017
I can't abide by this. I don't care what people think. It's disgusting and sickening......Most of those pajamas are ugly and shouldn't be bought. Cute families tho.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I see a company that was trying to be nice and inclusive but probably didn't have many/any black people involved in thinking up the photos.

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
Caught the single black mother right away. I'm sure their intent was never to offend, but I feel that this could have been avoided with a little more thought.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Unforced error, though I am willing to forgive a company that is appearing to try to be inclusive and diverse. This just means you needed more diverse perspectives in your decision making process. You had some or else there wouldn't be an interracial gay couple.

Status
Not open for further replies.