• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 46103

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 22, 2018
US event to be in New York at 11AM EST. Other confirmed/rumored events to be held in UK, France, Germany and Japan.

Links to Live Stream:

Twitter

https://twitter.com/i/events/1046820267849179137

YouTube

606605-download.gif

Confirmed/Rumored Devices at the event. Pre-orders will likely start for the phones during the event.

Pixel 3 (5.5 in)
pixel-3.png

Pixel 3 XL (~6.2 in)
Rozetked-Pixel-3-XL-Leak.jpg

Pixel Wireless Charging Stand / Assistant Device
c645faa1c0.jpg

Google Home Hub
google-home-hub-leak-1000x563.jpg

Pixel Slate tablet
google_pixel_slate_leak_1.jpg

New Pixelbook Laptop (render from chromeunboxed)
pixelbook2googleblog.png

JBL Link Bar Android TV Soundbar (hands on video below)
JBL-Link-Bar-Features.jpg

Updated Chromecast
new-google-chromecast-660x330.jpg

Updated Pixel Buds (no image. src below)
https://twitter.com/evleaks/status/994585799235600384

Edits:
- Fixed Pixelbook/Tablet inaccuracies and added phone screen sizes.
- Added countdown timer. Updated name of Pixel tablet to Pixel Slate. Added pic of new chromecast at BB.
- Added new pics of Pixel Slate

Last edited:

baggage

Oct 25, 2017
as a Nexus 5X and Pixel 2 XL user, the notch has to go (that said, I just got the Pixel 2 XL and intend to keep it for a while)

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Because the entire device and everything about it has been leaked, I will be giving the keynote.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
THAT's the rumored new Pixelbook? Surely that's not right; that's hideous and massive step down from the current PB.

Oct 27, 2017
Ireland
Oh, a google home with a screen, tempting - although none of my existing Homes are able to play the radio station I like so I will hold off they they fix that issue.

Joshua

Oct 27, 2017
For reference, here is everything announced at the last 2 October Hardware events:

So this will give you a good idea of what hardware products Google usually shows at this event vs what they announce at I/O - usually Pixel and Home products.

I'm hoping for revamped Google WiFi personally but there hasn't been anything in rumor mill to suggest that's coming.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Not sure about the colour but I think that Pixelbook looks good. Squared design of current models is nice too though.

Sinfamy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can Google please stop making all their apps and UI blindingly white, when most phones are now OLED.
Jesus Christ.

PopsMaellard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Google fucking sucks at hardware design. They should have never let Motorola go.

Weirdly they'd been better about it until the Pixel 3. I think the Pixel 2 is decent looking, certainly better than the Galaxy S series, and the Google Home Moni and Max are both stunning. Daydream is very casually beautiful as well.

I'd love to know why so many of these Android devices have a notch and a chin though. Forehead and chin makes sense, and notch makes sense, but notch and chin is so ugly.

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
THAT's the rumored new Pixelbook? Surely that's not right; that's hideous and massive step down from the current PB.

No, it's a mistake in the op.

That's the tablet (codename Nocturne), docked in a third party keyboard (by Brydge).

The new PB (codename Atlas) looks effectively identical to the old one with a reduced bezel (and slightly tweaked keyboard). And a 4K screen.

Last edited:

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Jumped off the Nexus/Pixel bandwagon this go around after 5 continuous models. Still in to see anything interesting they might talk about (that hasn't leaked...).

Deleted member 4262

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I knew the phones would be ugly, but that laptop doesn't look any better. Why can't this damn company hire some good designers already? Jesus.

Jul 3, 2018
Nah fuck Google, especially how they're making a censored version of their search engine just for ol China.

On topic though, their Pixel 3 design is pretty bad. Very unappealing but people do buy these.

OP
OP

Deleted member 46103

Banned
Jul 22, 2018
Last edited:

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Curious for what the updated chrome cast is, hopefully they don't drop support for the 2nd gen. Pixel 3 is more beautiful than 3xl, and I hope the pixel book cost less than last year (spoiler: it won't)

Feb 1, 2018
Not sure how you guys can support, in good conscience, a company that's actively designing an Orwellian internet for China.

But regarding the Pixel- what's the point of a notch if a) there's still a chin and b) there's no 3D IR projector hardware (FaceID) that requires it? Is it just to look like an iPhone X?

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
Both have been rumored and that why I mentioned the devices confirmed/rumored.

I might be wrong but you may be as well.

I'm unambiguously not wrong. There are code commits in Chrome for both. And the one you pictured is a tablet plugged into a Brydge keyboard. It was found on Brydge's website! You can buy the iOS version in Best Buy, right now.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
I've been waiting the longest for new chromebooks and my interest is kinda waning. The Pixelbook/tab wouldn't really be suitable for my usage as media consumption devices (looking for a screen ratio closer to 16:9) and pricewise also wouldn't be really interesting. Hoping other manufacturers grab the opportunity to announce some new chromebooks. If Asus could come with an iteration of the C302, slightly beefier, around €600....

Not really into the Pixels, fast updates are nice, but apart from that there really isn't something that warants the higher price for me. But still interested in any new features/capabilities that will be introduced and picked up by other phone manufacturers.

The new Chromecast most likely will be an updated version of the 2016 model, with added Bluetooth Low Energy (Ultra already has this,but I believe it's not yet enabled) and better Wi-Fi reception.

Most interesting thing probably will be if they will say anything about campfire.

Last edited:

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
I eagerly await Chromecast news, the charging stand, new Pixelbuds maybe (if it works with iOS), and lastly its not listed in the OP, the Pixel Smartwatch.

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
I have questions about the Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL:

Is the Pixel 3 screen size considerably larger than the iPhone 6 screen size, and are the bezels thinner than the iPhone 6 bezels?

I know that the Pixel 3 XL notch can be covered with a digital bezel. Does the digital bezel stay on at all times, regardless if you're watching a Youtube video or playing a game? Is there a risk of bezel burn-in by keeping it on at all times?

I may consider buying the Pixel 3 if it has a big enough screen compared to the iPhone 6 screen, and if not, I would also buy a Pixel 3 XL if the digital bezel stays on at all times, and has no risk of burn-in. I would like to stay in the Google Android ecosystem, and I could always use it as a trade-in for the Pixel 4.

Deleted member 14887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have questions about the Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL:

Is the Pixel 3 screen size considerably larger than the iPhone 6 screen size, and are the bezels thinner than the iPhone 6 bezels?

I know that the Pixel 3 XL notch can be covered with a digital bezel. Does the digital bezel stay on at all times, regardless if you're watching a Youtube video or playing a game? Is there a risk of bezel burn-in by keeping it on at all times?

I may consider buying the Pixel 3 if it has a big enough screen compared to the iPhone 6 screen, and if not, I would also buy a Pixel 3 XL if the digital bezel stays on at all times, and has no risk of burn-in. I would like to stay in the Google Android ecosystem, and I could always use it as a trade-in for the Pixel 4.
The pixel 3 screen size is 5.5 inches which is the size of a 6 plus screen.

Jazzy

Oct 25, 2017
In for new Pixelbook possibly as long as it's not a 2-in-1. Hopefully that leak is not what the new Pixelbook is.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
WTH with that Link Bar? It doesn't look like either a very good soundbar or Android TV box. So you end up with a half-assed version of both. I bet it runs an Amlogic S905, which is what Google uses for their reference Android TV hardware.

ReactionShot

Oct 25, 2017
Home Hub and Pixelbook 2 seem interesting. Will probably buy. Not sure about the Pixel 3 lineup though, the oversized notch looks really bad. I'm still hoping for a Pixel 3 Ultra, even though the rumor has been debunked

OP
OP

Deleted member 46103

Banned
Jul 22, 2018
WTH with that Link Bar? It doesn't look like either a very good soundbar or Android TV box. So you end up with a half-assed version of both. I bet it runs an Amlogic S905, which is what Google uses for their reference Android TV hardware.

Lots of assumptions here without any evidence.

I don't know about the internal hardware specs (no one does yet) but the software is entirely controlled by Google.

Google is providing a minimum of 3 additional OS version updates after the launch OS.

Deleted member 32374

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Woah, that pixel 3XL notch is yuuuuugggeeee.

The combo tablet/laptop could be cool if you can dual boot chrome and android. Its just a chrome book though.

Man... I hear their phones are good but nothing is inspiring me innovation-wise.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
Lots of assumptions here without any evidence.

I don't know about the internal hardware specs (no one does yet) but the software is entirely controlled by Google.

Google is providing a minimum of 3 additional OS version updates after the launch OS.
It's stereo. That's the only thing I need to know.

faceless

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
notched phones should count screen size at the edge perpendicular to the notch, not the corner.

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
In for new Pixelbook possibly as long as it's not a 2-in-1. Hopefully that leak is not what the new Pixelbook is.

The new Pixelbook is a convertible, but not a detachable, same as the old one.

You can see a photo of the new one here - https://www.blog.google/technology/safety-security/safety-center-helping-you-stay-safe-online/. It looks nigh identical to the old one.

The OP includes a picture of the Pixelbook tablet that's also launching, codename Nocturne.