• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I legitimately don't know how someone could fuck up a perfectly functional and enjoyable PS3 game like this but here we are. In the last hour I've experienced so many bugs and technical issues that I flat out refuse to keep playing it until 2K or d3t fixes it. Here are some examples that I've experienced just today;

JPEG_20200520_214915.jpg

Alongside the horrific audio issues and that stupid 2K account link icon that refuses to go away (DESPITE THE FACT I'M LINKED IN), the game is also ripe with frame rate drops and a really annoying walking bug. Literally how was this released like it is. Shame on 2K and d3t for releasing this 'Definitive' edition and butchering an amazing game.

Last edited:

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Mafia and Broken, name a more iconic duo. Even after all the patches Mafia 3 is still super glitchy.

May 18, 2018
The second tweet has been deleted. That first tweet though: same thing happened to Avoiding The Puddle which is hilarious because that means it's just part of the game. He also encountred the piano playing guy "playing" it backwards and leaving and reentering the bar did not fix it.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The second tweet has been deleted. That first tweet though: same thing happened to Avoiding The Puddle which is hilarious because that means it's just part of the game. He also encountred the piano playing guy "playing" it backwards and leaving and reentering the bar did not fix it.

Yeah the second tweet for some reason didnt carry over the awful audio quality. Gonna try and upload via YT.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
It's my first time experiencing the game and this shit feels 12 years old 100%
Driving is the worst I've experienced in an open world game thus far and some of the controls are archaic

visuals are believable for12-13 years ago for pc and this is supposed to be at least a light remaster

OP
OP

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok so for some reason the audio issues are cleared up when you upload the clip onto Twitter or YT so basically imagine the most blown out, distorted audio imaginable and you'll have an idea of what it's like.

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
You ever heard about Silent Hill HD Collection? Surely it can't be worse than that travesty.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
It's my first time experiencing the game and this shit feels 12 years old 100%
Driving is the worst I've experienced in an open world game thus far and some of the controls are archaic

Disagree about the driving, it's much better than majority of open world games.
It's even better on "simulation", which actually feels very close to how Mafia 1 drove. The cars actually feel realistic, which fits the tone and style of the game well. The snow driving especially.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Disagree about the driving, it's much better than majority of open world games.
It's even better on "simulation", which actually feels very close to how Mafia 1 drove. The cars actually feel realistic, which fits the tone and style of the game well. The snow driving especially.
HARD disagree, I've played pretty much every AAA open world game in existence and this is my most hated by a significant margin, even more than WD1 driving
Like driving a tank on skates, LA Noire is set in nearly the same time period and doesn't have shit driving and feels realistic just fine
I can try fucking with settings to see what that does, didn't even know there was an option to change the feel, if that's what you mean by simulation mode

OP
OP

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy crap, it's running at like 5-10fps when driving around 1:40 and the sky is like really glitching out.

Is the whole game like this? I saw driving in another thread would bring fps down a lot.

I've never experienced that but theres a ton of frame rate drops throughout the game. I got to chapter 10 just now and the game is just a mess now.

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, and it sucks because I paid full price for it purely out of my love for the game, but it's just fundamentally broken to the point of disbelief - all I can do is wait for a patch, that theres no guarantee is even coming. Surely this deserves some form of acknowledgement by the devs ?

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Kind of surprised by this though. A bunch of friends are playing on PC at the moment and the worst they've seen is the odd flickering texture, but only in several hours of play, nothing so crazy.

But clearly people are finding issues.

I'll be playing it in a few days, but if there too many problems I suppose I can't complain since it was free and I got the original still. Sucks for everyone else. Curious if it is rushed out or if d3t are just not so good

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Kind of surprised by this though. A bunch of friends are playing on PC at the moment and the worst they've seen is the odd flickering texture, but only in several hours of play, nothing so crazy.

But clearly people are finding issues.

I'll be playing it in a few days, but if there too many problems I suppose I can't complain since it was free and I got the original still. Sucks for everyone else. Curious if it is rushed out or if d3t are just not so good

Yea maybe it's on console or something? I've played a few hours and I've had absolutely no issues whatsoever on PC.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Yea maybe it's on console or something? I've played a few hours and I've had absolutely no issues whatsoever on PC.

Well I did show in the other thread, I got at least one of the bugs in the original PC version of Mafia 2, 5 years ago. This happened literally once, and I couldn't figure out how to recreate it. Lasted just till I got in a car I think

A7274DD441D723D82C27F1AA162F1ADF4D1B8A9F

cyklisten

Nov 12, 2017
It´s been a long time since I last played I and II, but I don´t remember any substantial bugs in either game during several playthroughs.
This trend of just shitting out horrible "remasters" needs to stop. Mafia III and this collection is just tainting the entire franchise.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Well I did show in the other thread, I got at least one of the bugs in the original PC version of Mafia 2, 5 years ago. This happened literally once, and I couldn't figure out how to recreate it. Lasted just till I got in a car I think

A7274DD441D723D82C27F1AA162F1ADF4D1B8A9F
Is this the Big boobs and buttz mod? Where can I get this? Asking for friend.

Iceternal

Oct 28, 2017
How come all remasters I've tried are crap ? Isn't the point to have the game look/play better ?

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
The bugs the OP is pointing out are bugs that I believe existed in the original game. I can't speak for the PS4 version but the game is just fine on Xbox. Performance is great, the visual upgrades look good and the HDR definitely adds to the experience. The only problem I've encountered are voices only coming out of one speaker during in-game cutscenes which should easily be fixed in a patch. There is a lot of hyperbole surrounding the discourse of this remaster.

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I gave up after the first mission. Might genuinely be the worst performing game I've ever played, shame because it looks pretty good visually too.

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
HARD disagree, I've played pretty much every AAA open world game in existence and this is my most hated by a significant margin, even more than WD1 driving
Like driving a tank on skates, LA Noire is set in nearly the same time period and doesn't have shit driving and feels realistic just fine
I can try fucking with settings to see what that does, didn't even know there was an option to change the feel, if that's what you mean by simulation mode
Lol

The driving in mafia 2 is perfect, among the best driving physiscs out there