• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
twistedvoxel.com

Mafia 2 Rated For PS4, Xbox One, and Google Stadia

Brazil Rating Board has an updated rating for Mafia 2 for PS4, Xbox One, and Google Stadia. This further adds to a previous rumor regarding a potential remaster.

"Brazil Rating Board has an updated rating for Mafia 2 for PS4, Xbox One, and Google Stadia. This further adds to a previous rumor regarding a potential remaster.

Brazil Rating Board has updated its rating classification to add three new versions of Mafia 2. They are for the PS4, Xbox One, and Google Stadia. This comes after the game was rated by the Taiwan and Korea Game Rating Board as well. The rating appears to refer to Mafia 2: Definitive Edition which could point towards a remaster for the game."

mafia-2-google-stadia.png

stn

Oct 28, 2017
I started it on 360 but stopped early on due to backlog, but this is cool to hear. Still, I would have thought they would remaster Mafia 1 first, as it is much older and much more can be done. A remake of Mafia 1 would be great.

Deleted member 18944

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Great game, happy to return to it. Hopefully free roam is built into it.

Also:

When Henry was killed by the attack where he was basically fucking chopped up with butcher knives, I legit balled my eyes out. That scene was so graphic and unexpected.

OP
OP

Deleted member 59955

Banned
Sep 14, 2019
Jason Schreier said Hangar 13 is working on a new IP so I guess we shouldn't expect Mafia IV any time soon.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Man, I'm so glad this is coming out! Loved Mafia 2. I hope they do away with that DLC trophy requiring the player to drive 1000 miles.

Also:

When Henry was killed by the attack where he was basically fucking chopped up with butcher knives, I legit balled my eyes out. That scene was so graphic and unexpected.
This was indeed shocking, unexpected, and fucked up.

Deleted member 11421

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
why do you have to say this ? Let people who enjoy stadia enjoy it. No need to bash people who play on stadia...

anyways OT: Mafia 2 remastered sounds awesome if true

Something had to take up the mantle of punching bag that the Vita used to hold!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this, though it'd be even more interesting if the new engine rumor aspect was also true.

HaremKing

Banned
Dec 20, 2018
In many respects, Mafia II was a much more ambitious game than Mafia III. I'm curious to see how a remaster shakes out.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017

Also:

I didn't cry or anything, but I was completely stunned. I don't remember if it was "pulled off well," but it was certainly unexpected.

I really enjoyed the game and enough time has passed that I would be happy replaying it. Another really welcome surprise this game has that most open world games lack is the season change. It's a small thing but I loved it.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
They will probably never even get close to Mafia 1 and 2 levels... golden czech hands with this mafia stories... how come no one could write and execute thrilling mafia story since the first/second one came out?

Mafia and war setting offer so much potential for epic and deep stories with a lot of emotional impact... yet we are waiting 12 years for next BiA game and more than a decade for true sequel to first two mafia games...

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
To people who've missed this game but are interested - I suggest you to wait for some reviews, because for having completed it recently I am surprised by the gap between my experience and what players share about it. I usually enjoy b-movie and eurojank but here it was really too much for me.

Deleted member 5028

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A Stadia version before a Switch version is funny to me
www.resetera.com

Mafia 2: Definitive Edition (unknown platforms) and SNK Gals' Fighters (NGPC?) for Switch rated in Korea

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/04/mafia-ii-definitive-edition-snk-gals-fighters-for-switch-rated-in-korea It's that time again! Man, 2K is going HAM on Switch aren't they? Bioshock, Borderlands, XCOM 2, now Mafia 2. Wonder what else they have on the table (except GTA because for whatever reason...
The only new news is Stadia really.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
They will probably never even get close to Mafia 1 and 2 levels... golden czech hands with this mafia stories... how come no one could write and execute thrilling mafia story since the first/second one came out?

Mafia and war setting offer so much potential for epic and deep stories with a lot of emotional impact... yet we are waiting 12 years for next BiA game and more than a decade for true sequel to first two mafia games...
Valiant Hearts and 11-11 both were great war stories (and also literally Great War stories), but not what you'd be looking for if you're talking combat-focused war game stories

I am surprised that mafia/mob games have been so underserved.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
No Switch is very bizarre especially since they just made a big show of support with remasters of other older games. Maybe this was just in development before they started doing a lot of stuff. Odd, though, but that's par the course for Switch support I guess.

I vaguely recall this game, but not a lot else about it. Didn't like Mafia 3 at all, but have heard 2 was superior.

www.resetera.com

Mafia 2: Definitive Edition (unknown platforms) and SNK Gals' Fighters (NGPC?) for Switch rated in Korea

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/04/mafia-ii-definitive-edition-snk-gals-fighters-for-switch-rated-in-korea It's that time again! Man, 2K is going HAM on Switch aren't they? Bioshock, Borderlands, XCOM 2, now Mafia 2. Wonder what else they have on the table (except GTA because for whatever reason...
The only new news is Stadia really.

I don't know what the context you're trying to quote this is since you didn't comment, but if you're using this as evidence for a Switch port you may want to read the updates.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
Valiant Hearts and 11-11 both were great war stories (and also literally Great War stories), but not what you'd be looking for if you're talking combat-focused war game stories

I am surprised that mafia/mob games have been so underserved.

I finished both, 11-11 was cool, but forgetable imho, while Valiant Hearts was really great... but yeah, I meant more AAA, 3rd person "sony" game, if you know what I mean

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
No Switch is very bizarre especially since they just made a big show of support with remasters of other older games. Maybe this was just in development before they started doing a lot of stuff. Odd, though, but that's par the course for Switch support I guess.

I vaguely recall this game, but not a lot else about it. Didn't like Mafia 3 at all, but have heard 2 was superior.

Haven't played 3, but 2 was fine.

The best thing I remember about it was how it tied its story to the first game.

Deleted member 5028

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I don't know what the context you're trying to quote this is since you didn't comment, but if you're using this as evidence for a Switch port you may want to read the updates.
More that we knew this was coming that really the only surprise is Stadia getting a port

Madrugador

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
This thread reminded me that Mafia 2 has the best collectibles of any game. Ever.

ClydeBonFrog

Apr 17, 2018
Played through this the summer it came out, I remember enjoying it a lot, but I don't really remember anything about the game.
Seems to be happening a lot as I get older, same with movies.

BlackLagoon

Oct 25, 2017
They are very different games. Mafia 3 suffers from endless open-world copy paste filler activities. Mafia 2 is a linear narrative game, when the "open world" is mostly just a background for you to admire while you drive to the next mission. The narrative is pretty solid and well told though, even if it's not groundbreaking as far as mafia stories go.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
They are very different games. Mafia 3 suffers from endless open-world copy paste filler activities. Mafia 2 is a linear narrative game, when the "open world" is mostly just a background for you to admire while you drive to the next mission. The narrative is pretty solid and well told though, even if it's not groundbreaking as far as mafia stories go.

Sounds very similar to how LA Noire is set up

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Never played a Mafia game. Is it like GTA?

Also is it an anthology series or are all the games interconnected?

Mafia 2 is like GTA in that it's a open world crime game, but Mafia 2's open world is really just a backdrop that has very little to do, it's otherwise very linear and takes itself very serious.
Mafia 3's open world is very bloated on the flipside and makes it a lot more repetitive. Good story outside of that, but you have to go through the bloat.

They are connected too, but Mafia 2 and 3 are around 2 decades apart, so it's not a direct sequel, but has some cross-over characters.