• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Excited to see it. Shame about it's delay as I wanted to play it before Avengers.

KOfLegend

Jun 17, 2019
It feels like this game had 15 reveals. I swear to God, news about a reveal pops up every other day.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
god damn this is solid, they're serious about this being faithful so my worries have been put to rest

visuals look insane too

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
honestly still can't believe this is actually happening

2020 has been pretty shit but i did not expect a (what looks to be a faithful) remake of one of my favourite games of all time coming into the year

shout out to hangar 13

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
The ambiance they captured fucking perfectly in A Trip to the County! Look at this rain! The shooting mechanics look so heavy and meaty! And we got new collectibles - this is the remake of absolute dreams. Oh my God, I'm legit amazed ! Cloth physics looking phenomenal and that Mafia III combat looks super well integrated. I don't think they've captured Paulie's voice but it'll grow on me.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Looks so fucking great.

And to make it even better this isn't even a full-priced release for some reason. Getting this for sure.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Casting needs to be pretty good for this game. Still not sold on new Tommy, but then again I have so much love and nostalgia for the original.
At the same time, a lot of the original cast are much older and more popular, so doubt they'd be as easy to hire again

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like they're doing a great job on everything except maybe the gunplay. Would like to see that scaled down a tad, brought back to the more realistic style of Mafia 1.

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
I had almost no faith in any Mafia remake, but that developer gameplay gave me some much needed confidence. I still have the original boxed copy with the CDs back in 2002.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
They absolutely undersold how much work was going into this by calling it "the definitive edition." They could've just called it "Mafia" and no one would've had an issue.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
honestly i'm still not feeling tommy and paulie's new voices but eh, not that big of a deal i'll get used to it

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
This is absolutely nuts. This one 14 minute trailer has put the game on the map for me in a way I was unprepared for. Is this a $60 release?

BrucCLea13k87

Oct 27, 2017
Are you saying that Mafia 2 DE's version received the same work as this one, which is a full remake? What?

I'm really liking what I saw, so I also want to see Mafia 2 getting the same treatment someday. This updated H13 engine looks gorgeous

No it's not the same as this one. Mafia: DE is a full remake. Mafia 2 is a remaster and the current consensus on it is that it isn't the best remaster.

RNG

Oct 25, 2017
Looks pretty good although I kind of wish it had the original voice actors and faces.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
Ah shit I missed it lol
Bssed on impressions I imagine it looks incredible. I never played a Mafia game so I'm interested in this.

OP
OP
Milennia

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, all got taken down.
I guess tomorrow it is then, the gameplay was great, was really satisfied with that.

City 17

Oct 25, 2017
I hope the driving will be in a similar vein to the original, any of that arcade-y stuff as in GTAV, and it'll be a pass from me. This video was a good sign though.

aember

Oct 26, 2017
I really dislike the new voices for the characters, but other than that - fantastic. Looks better than my childhood memories! :)

SeeingeyeDug

Oct 28, 2017
I bought Mafia 1 for PC. A Fry's Guy (TM) said I should try GTA III. I did. Bought a PS2 for Vice City exclusive timeframe.

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
Very nice. They already said they are using a new lighting engine for this, along with other engine improvements, gameplay look like Mafia 3, which is good. Can't wait for this.