• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
SDLRWd4.png

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
You deserve every bit of credit that monkey gets for all this. I was starting to turn a bit on Monkey possibly being Scum but it was mostly thanks to Sorian in the Cult Chat being pretty dead set on it. When it came to reading you I was fairly certain you were Town and the only little nitpick was your tunnel read on me that I felt was off. Post-death I was really surprised to see you were Scum, you did a great job.

same. being able to have a day that wasn't 372634 pages long was nice

Glad you enjoyed it! We're going to be doing our Review Thread soon where we discuss about some things we may need to change but after that we will be starting sign ups for 2 games. Just keep an eye on our OT. :>
I mean specifically for the Sorian kill. Monkey pushed it, and while I did push us back towards it instead of rac, Monkey deserves the credit for the argument. I wasn't fully convinced but knew better than to fight that hard to keep Sorian around lol

The way I understood in the modchat, the commuter mistake happened because "it was in the design sheet", that's why I assumed the priority list for that game was incorrect. Grizz can correct me on that if I'm saying nonsense.

You're right on the kill/recruit thing, though; I thought I was right when I shared you that link on the spec chat, but thinking about it more I realized what you were saying.
Well, at least the stickier points went both ways in that one was a successful recruit that maybe shouldn't have occurred and the other was an unsuccessful one that should have occurred.

i just ghosted the thread, sorry town

didnt expect to post again in here tbh
I know it probably doesn't mean anything but sorry if me pushing back on you in the thread played a role in that.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
nah it's more about me than it is you

i don't think i can play mafia anymore honestly
the fuck imma supposed to do if i role scum just get lynched

I think you'd do great as scum, no one will lynch you even if you beg for it.

That sounds like a snarky comment but that's actually a legit gift that few have around here

rac

Oct 25, 2017
so what just join every game and say hey guys might as well kill me now because me being scum is 50/50 and in endgame im just a liability

feels p bad

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

What's up rac?

Your play this last phase had me incredibly hyped and you single handily made me think Town still had and got back to spectating the game. I really enjoy seeing you engaged dropping cool "no bullshit" reads on everyone, and your endgame play is always on point, even if I'm on the receiving end of it like on Marvel haha.

rac

Oct 25, 2017
thanks fando but if i do that at endgame without doing any work no one is gonna hear me and rightfully so

if i wasn't me id lunch myself every time

now put that on a tombstone sorian you filthy cult 😂

how's it feel to get used by monkey??

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017

Nah, I think you actually were nailing it at the end but at that point a majority of the players were non-town so it was really easy for everyone to downplay your points. Your voice did get lost at times, but it was a big game and that's going to happen sometimes.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
thanks fando but if i do that at endgame without doing any work no one is gonna hear me and rightfully so

if i wasn't me id lunch myself every time

now put that on a tombstone sorian you filthy cult 😂

how's it feel to get used by monkey??

I'm not going to lie, I read this the first time and thought you called me a filthy cunt and I started busting out laughing.

And I used Monkey just as much, feels good.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017

"And so it was that my progeny would carry my name forward unto the Seasons.

The old records were soaked until they were illegible, ragged scraps of former glories.

I won Cthulhu Island...

I won Love Boat...

I won Volcano Island...

I won Star Wars...

What I had never intended to finish, I failed to stop. With my dying gasps, I watched my Blargonauts deliver my message unto the thread(s) of fate; the CAPS, the '90s clip-art GIF, and the running avatar joke.

But as I lay broken upon the steps, I wept for the surface. For I knew there would be no nuance, no reference.

No puzzlement.

Movement caught my fading eye; Fireblend, clutching a book. In the shadowed corner he hid unseen from my zealots, but from my vantage I could see him, dimly lit. And he, I.

And to my passing surprise, I watched Febe mouth the very words the world owed me. And I smiled a bloody smile.

'You're not (the) original,'* he mimed."

KinROjq.png

*Original text: "Pineapple pizza!"

rac

Oct 25, 2017
how the fuck am i supposed to vote for mvp if i still dont understand shit

Dr. Monkey thanks for getting revenge for anime or w/e
much appreciated
take that cabot

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Blarg is too beautiful for this world. It had to be me that slipped the dagger into his back. I wanted to carry that weight on my shoulders.

rac

Oct 25, 2017
nah im just paralyzed when it comes to early game and then my reads become based on who trusted me who keeps waffling on there read of me and who tries to save me

and i don't share anything in the thread, really terrible

but i will play with you guys again, such an amazing community

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
In any case:

DO8jMi0.gif

I'd like to sincerely thank everyone for their participation during this touchstone milestone. None of this would've been impossible with me and I very much appreciate you all for going back in time off my behalf.

Kindly expect my rolling dev commentary as I notice people now I should've then. Nothing too fancy, maybe some casual snipes. I tell you when I first saw my Role PM for this game I was like, "Great, now I have to over-compensate," and look what you've achieved

A special thank you to everybody else and the host(s) for refereeing. With regards to what is surely on the mind, it is my opinion that balance comes from the players first, and mechanics. If you feel the game is unbalanced you are just a bad liar and that goes for this opinion as well.

Merry endgame everyone! Now we can have fun

w9c3mUh.png

zDhIJ9m.gif
pQ4q7Jx.gif

f4VPu5H.gif
boRzOQ7.gif

rac

Oct 25, 2017
i feel like this is a life changing revelation

like a weight has been lifted

i.... i lost with cabot

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
This and spec thread shows why I love this community so much. No matter what happens in the game, we can all be <3 after the games are over.

rac

Oct 25, 2017
cabot i need to take my revenge for anime any way i can get it

i ain't ever gonna outplay you

malus

Oct 30, 2017
This was probably the most fun I've had in a game of mafia so far, both as player and as spectator. Congrats to the scum team for keeping it together in the face of seemingly stacked odds and for taking the victory.

One day I will suspect Zeke and he will flip scum. One day...

Fantomas: Don't be too hard on yourself. I always enjoy playing with you and admire the energy you bring into the game. Maybe you're a bit too trusting sometimes, but it is hard to scum read someone that agrees with everything you say. If you look back, Monkey had pretty much the whole town in her pocket (including me).

Also I'm just going to echo TheChuggernaut from the spec thread. You all are quite okay in my book. <3

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
MAFIERA MAFIA MVP AWARDS – THE VOTE

That's right! We are having a MVP Awards vote for this game!

RULES

This is not a popularity contest. Think about who you think played the game best, put in most work and tried hardest to help their side to win. It doesn't matter what faction won in the end, but the overall player performance.

In order to make your vote count, submit to me next format via PM:

1. Player X
2. Player Y
3. Player Z

First on your list will receive three points, second will receive two points, and third will receive one point.

You can vote any player who played in this game, and didn't replace out during the early day phases. So anyone except those who subbed out. You cannot self-vote.

Who can vote?
All players, including everyone who subbed out.
All people who were in the spectator chat.
All people in the modchat.

The Top 5 will be revealed after vote ends. The Top 3 will receive prizes from me!

The Vote Ends In:
u9m3tqvh3y

Quoting for the page - you can still vote!

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
Someone needs to explain to me what the Town Hooker phenomenon is

I've heard it was Sorian's doing but never really delved