• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
No need to rush, just wondering if anything had caught your eye in particular I suppose. Looking forward whenever they come though!

i mean i got into the game shortly after cee cee did his thing. so that cought my eye, but in my opinion that horse has been beaten to death and it would be a waste of space if i would keep talking about it. I mean i gave out my thoughts on that matter prior in this day phase,

as for your read list, i am currently writing down summaries of each page ( 100ppp ) and then i wanted to go deep into each and every player, since there has also not been much interaction from my side with the rest of the bunch ( since i was at work ) i have not gotten a good feeling, will be here until day end though.
No need to worry Mr Live is not strange

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Some sort of bias in how he is picking his shot. I guess if he is town his reasoning makes sense but the fact he immediately went towards people who voted for Stan to be leader is kind of troubling. If he is scum then scum is more likely to have tried to vote for him as leader.

I didn't want to go down this rabbit hole today. Brazil shoots scum and I look dumb.
If I'm town what I did makes sense, but if I'm scum the same thing also makes sense. That sounds like a tunnel to me.

I brought up a lot of stuff over the past few hours and have ISOed 8 or 9 different targets. I brought the votes thing up first because it was something I'd already talked about, and because those votes, as meager as they are, are the only factual information we have in the game right now to analyze relative to the Stan flip.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
No need to worry Mr Live is not strange
XTWrHGs.gif

I already know you're going to sign up for LiS Mafia once it's ready, not because of the game, but because you love me too much to not play in my first game as the gamerunner. <3

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
He claimed it was his Scumread.

Neutral makes more sense in this case. Think of it, you're Neutral with shots and get placed into a spot already with some heat. You're gone for a while and can't get your footing and when you get back everyone is fine with your death. What would you do in that spot? Not take a shot and just slide into death? Never said it was a good Neutral play either, it's just the one that fits his anti-town play before and after the shot.

?r? y?? s?r? y?? w?nt th?t
I'm not arguing a neutral/scum CeeCee would have not taken a shot, I'm arguing he would not have taken THAT shot in the manner he did if he was actually working to survive. If you're neutral/scum and have this power and want credit for the kill why not claim it and pick someone that you think is less likely to get you heat for shooting? You can't use the excuse of Stan being his scumread as justification since that's the justification for a townie shooting, not neutral/scum.

Some sort of bias in how he is picking his shot. I guess if he is town his reasoning makes sense but the fact he immediately went towards people who voted for Stan to be leader is kind of troubling. If he is scum then scum is more likely to have tried to vote for him as leader.

I didn't want to go down this rabbit hole today. Brazil shoots scum and I look dumb.
I guess I can see the perspective, but the group you're talking about was a point that had been conversed prior to Brazil being made leader so it wasn't exactly a surprising area of pursuit. You're already on the record that you think CeeCee is town as well, so from your perspective it's not like scum manufactured this situation either.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil sorry, to bother but who is your prime target ?
who is going to bet blown to pieces by you ?

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
If you're neutral/scum and have this power and want credit for the kill why not claim it and pick someone that you think is less likely to get you heat for shooting?

With all the WIFOM crap people keep using as an excuse I think that it's working real well for him if he is scum or neutral.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
If I'm town what I did makes sense, but if I'm scum the same thing also makes sense. That sounds like a tunnel to me.

I brought up a lot of stuff over the past few hours and have ISOed 8 or 9 different targets. I brought the votes thing up first because it was something I'd already talked about, and because those votes, as meager as they are, are the only factual information we have in the game right now to analyze relative to the Stan flip.

Let me explain. If you are scum then it is more probable you have your scum mates voting for you and you are avoiding them.

If you are town, you know it is town/town between you and stan therefore scum were happy for Stan to win then scum are more likely to be on him or at least equally spread.

It isn't a tunnel, it is gut more than anything. My other top gut scum is Geno. And then a whole bunch of other people I wouldn't mind seeing flipped. Obviously if you shoot right this is all moot. Whatever happens there will be a lot more to evaluate tomorrow.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Faddy with more than 25 players atm, how is it even possible to determine who is avoing who ? i mean since its kinda "unavoidable" ( no pun intended ) to react to others, you also cannot pinch every single person that is.
What i am trying to explain rather poorly is "by what metric do you determine who is avoiding someone and who isnt.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Let me explain. If you are scum then it is more probable you have your scum mates voting for you and you are avoiding them.

If you are town, you know it is town/town between you and stan therefore scum were happy for Stan to win then scum are more likely to be on him or at least equally spread.

It isn't a tunnel, it is gut more than anything. My other top gut scum is Geno. And then a whole bunch of other people I wouldn't mind seeing flipped. Obviously if you shoot right this is all moot. Whatever happens there will be a lot more to evaluate tomorrow.
I got that from your original post. I thought you were making an argument there, but if you're just trying to elaborate on a gut feeling, than I really can't really argue against it.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
I guess I can see the perspective, but the group you're talking about was a point that had been conversed prior to Brazil being made leader so it wasn't exactly a surprising area of pursuit. You're already on the record that you think CeeCee is town as well, so from your perspective it's not like scum manufactured this situation either.

I don't think CeeCee has much to do with it.

Stan's shootlist is public and he won. It says to me mafia are happy for him to shoot in there. Doesn't town stan winning say that he was probably mostly wrong?

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017

Stan's shootlist is public and he won. It says to me mafia are happy for him to shoot in there. Doesn't town stan winning say that he was probably mostly wrong?
Uhhh, this argument is contradictory and makes no sense. Stan voters and Stan's kill list are two different things that don't perfectly overlap.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Currently I am going for

1. Geno 2. Zubz 3. rac

Rac continues playing very jokingly, I think scum wouldn't try to get attention to themselves when they could be shot, but then again, some joke post in this huge thread can be forgotten fast if people are engaged on other discussions.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Let it be registered that Bae and absolutbro didn't answer the inquisition's enquiries in a timely manner.

Terraforce , you're up.

You made a lot of noise that led no one nowhere with Flux early on. As Sawneeks pointed out, you eventually dropped that whole line of thought down. When I called you out on it, you ignored me, but kept that in the back of your mind so you could accuse me of the same thing later. You never followed up on my answer to the question you asked at that time, which again indicates that you didn't really care about what came out of it.

You were constantly talking about scumreading Sophia/CeeCee, but then flipped to criticizing Flux for still having CeeCee as a big scumread at a seemingly arbitrary point.

You never mentioned Stan a single time in your posts before voting for him, but after I included you in my kill list, you voted for him nonetheless.

Your first posts after the Stan kill are very noncommittal towards CeeCee, and you only seemed to lean more towards townreading him after that became the widely-accepted stance.

You haven't been helpful, but instead very belligerent. Fantomas, whom I'm also suspecting, made a weird positive read of you in her big list that I really couldn't agree with at all, and then flip-flopped on it after confronted about it later (by someone I can't remember).

Please claim.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Not necessarily because A) they could both mostly be wrong or B) scum just couldn't swing the vote away or didn't think it was worth trying if he was mostly right. I think I actually appreciate that you randomly threw this out there though even if I did have to coax it out of you more than I should have.

——

Terra's not my favorite choice but it's something. At least I won't have to wonder about how defensive he was. Judging from his play though, I wonder if you even get the role claim in time.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Well, it's coming down to it. I'll give my final reads for whatever good that'll do, in case I bite it before D2. Right now, my town reads are:
  1. Brazil
  2. Dr. Monkey
  3. Sawneeks
Null on everyone else. Those I distrust the most out of those are CeeCee, Faddy, and Terraforce.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
He's not who I would pick, but I can understand the choice and he hits a few of the same points as Flux. Guess we wait now lol I'll be driving soon so it's up in the air if I'll get many more chances to post. Sorry for not getting the reads list out there - but generally I've made my scum and top town clear, other than that they're light town or nulls for the most part.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'll check back in right before I leave work in 20 minutes but i won't be here for day end, no reason for me to delay my commute since I have no active say on day end, only thing I'd comment on is a potential role claim.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Let it be registered that Bae and absolutbro didn't answer the inquisition's enquiries in a timely manner.

Terraforce , you're up.

You haven't been helpful, but instead very belligerent. Fantomas, whom I'm also suspecting, made a weird positive read of you in her big list that I really couldn't agree with at all, and then flip-flopped on it after confronted about it later (by someone I can't remember).

I remember. I asked Neeks to elaborate on her Terra scum lean and, when she did, Fantomas made note of it immediately and later changed his mind about his read.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Terraforce , you're up.

You made a lot of noise that led no one nowhere with Flux early on. As Sawneeks pointed out, you eventually dropped that whole line of thought down. When I called you out on it, you ignored me, but kept that in the back of your mind so you could accuse me of the same thing later. You never followed up on my answer to the question you asked at that time, which again indicates that you didn't really care about what came out of it.

You were constantly talking about scumreading Sophia/CeeCee, but then flipped to criticizing Flux for still having CeeCee as a big scumread at a seemingly arbitrary point.

You never mentioned Stan a single time in your posts before voting for him, but after I included you in my kill list, you voted for him nonetheless.

Your first posts after the Stan kill are very noncommittal towards CeeCee, and you only seemed to lean more towards townreading him after that became the widely-accepted stance.

Please claim.
Looks like I arrived just in time.

The altercation with Flux did not amount to nothing. I don't know how that wasn't made clear when I extrapolated each time you used that accusation, but as I've said time and time again that you continue to ignore. Flux's claim of not wanting to be leader came across to me as flawed, and thus I pressed him further as to me that was a very easy out as scum in order to avoid the spotlight and influence the vote from a secondary perspective instead. When pressed Flux seemingly fumbled with his responses and the end of it was that he was predicting based on the first couple of hours in the game that he wouldn't be prepared to be leader even though in the same breath he claimed to have played mafia enough to have a solid conviction in his reads, which read to me as contradictory. Thus that was the leading reasons to me scum reading him, so you of all people shouldn't be saying "nothing" came of that, because unlike you I went from no read to scumread as opposed to scumread to scumread as you claimed about Fran.

As I brought up and YOU seemingly ignored, Sawneeks brought up something incorrectly. Her reference was me not responding when I was not even here to respond. Some of us have less opportunity to play than the rest of you, thus I don't see how you observe someone not posting whatsoever as "avoiding" anything. I clearly just wasn't present to respond, and first thing I did when I returned was respond. Also for some reason I'm not sure how you ignore that I was ignored by the people I made sure to respond to (Fran and Flux). And I did respond to you, TWICE so you seem to be the one overlooking it.

I did NOT flip on Soph/CeeCee. I specifically made a long winded post (or two? I forget if I ended up deleting the second) on how I changed stances, and that was before the Flux situation. And no, it wasn't arbitrary. I was calling out Flux for seemingly lazy reads that weren't elaborated upon and seemed rather random by comparison.

I explained the Stan situation. If you don't believe me then not much I can do about that.

I would also disagree to being helpful. Well, as helpful as one could be on day one without claiming or performing an action. Less helpful than a lot of others for sure considering my lack of post count, but don't act as if I've been coasting this game doing nothing. Not sure why you're trying to act all high and mighty on day one of all moments. We don't know how ""helpful"" any of us have been considering all we can do at this stage in the game is pressure people, provide thoughts and reads, and use meta among other things which I have all contributed towards. I'm not claiming to be one of the most helpful players here to begin with, so that's some random ass snark there.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'll try to catch up with what I missed but I'm not sure I can cover everything before the end of the day.

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
I'n here, let's talk modifiers.
I say let's not vote any not based on existing games, meaning mc donald, bar and rng, especially rng, are out.
After that I say let's not vote ones that can potentially screw us over, Love Boat by creating lover pairs because I don't think it's worth the risk, and Power Rangers which is DEFINITELY not worth the risk. I don't think there will be a problem with the other ones.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
even though in the same breath he claimed to have played mafia enough to have a solid conviction in his reads
Haha, I definitely never said this. Don't conflate having a clear goal in mind with being convinced that my read is correct.

Honestly, that whole debate was such a waste of time. It was simply supposed to be a passing statement that I didn't want in on the running, and then you just blew it up into nothingness. Occupying a whole lot of space with a topic that was really just weak. Same goes for the people who targeted Fran for the same thing.

This is part of why I voted for Stanley. He at least understood this, instead of wasting his time with the whole debate:
About yhe only thing i cam say at this point is the constant bickering at the people that voiced an unwillingness to be leader is fruitless, it all seems to be born of people who tend towards confidence in thier play being unable to see this situation from the perspective of people who are not.

If a scum player actually wanted to stay under the radar on this topic they are far more likly to have tried that by just not saying much about it rather than broadcasting somthing that would obviously be a controversial opinion.

Fucking mobile

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Going back to this, I think this would be interesting information for CeeCee to divulge. It should be innocuous enough that it'd be fine.

I'd rather not to be honest, I don't see what good it does in this game since there's nothing to really glean from the PR to role name connection and as with many games, there is always the possibility of a lyncher or hunter scenario

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'n here, let's talk modifiers.
I say let's not vote any not based on existing games, meaning mc donald, bar and rng, especially rng, are out.
After that I say let's not vote ones that can potentially screw us over, Love Boat by creating lover pairs because I don't think it's worth the risk, and Power Rangers which is DEFINITELY not worth the risk. I don't think there will be a problem with the other ones.
We can't just avoid everything. It's better to get the bad ones out the way sooner than later imo. Rather than getting into mylo/lylo and that being the end of it depending on what we roll towards the end.