• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

rac

Oct 25, 2017
That's precisely why I don't want to vote him. Tells us nothing if beforehand he admits to going with the absolute most boring way of choosing a pick for lynch. Did you ever post a reads list, rac btw?

sure but at this point im willing to indulge
pretty hard to have a reads list when i have no grasp on the game

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry I took a nap

Top two town would probably be Fandorin and probably Kyanrute. I've explained a bit of my Fandorin read but Kyanrute stands out to me because he's been posting a lot of well thought out reads. His engagement with people seems sincere and he's been heavily problem solving and asking some good questions. It's a light read, and a gut one, but it's a town read all the same.

Top two scum right now would probably be Geno and Chuggs. Nothing Geno has posted so far has made me feel good about him. I don't really like his cagey attitude or his weak reads that seem kind of made up on the fly. Something feels off to me about Chugg's interactions so far; I find it hard to believe that town!Chuggs would focus so much on something so minor re: Malus. It's like he's trying to find an argument to latch onto and just go with it to make people feel like he's contributing.

I feel better about Fran today than I did yesterday.
What specifically has made you feel better about Fran today?

I feel like Turmoil has had a weird presence in the game so far. I actually expected to see him with more posts, but he only has 9. I get the feeling like his posts are very aware of everything going on in this very talkative game, but they're coming from someone with under 10 posts so far, and he hasn't really given us many reads at all. Just gives me some bad vibes overall I guess, especially because I remember giving him an easy Town read on D1 in our last game, and he was Town.

turmoil7, top two Town and Scum right now? You've made a few posts about who you would vote as leader, but not really about your overall reads.
Turmoil had an early exchange that gave me townie vibes but since then he hasn't impressed. I plan to give him a reread when I'm on a computer next. Also want to reread Fran but so many posts already😞

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Are you kidding me? Monkey was really, really explicit that she didn't wanted to vote for me.
Indeed, Fran was on my nope list. But I still love you, Fran.

I can't tell if Fran and Chuggs are town v town who are just rubbing each other the wrong way or if one of them is scum. It ain't both.

whats meta about it?

last game i played with fran he tried to kill me day one
he started this day by not wanting responsibility for picking the kill

guess thats all changed now though
Heyyyy, there's rac.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
It was a bit of a dog pile but that's what happens when someone does several scummy looking things in succession. It's not as if people were calling her scummy without warrant. From the perspective of not knowing how she will flip, assuming someone who "dog piled" on her is scum is presumptuous at best. The logic behind it from Faddy seems to imply the suspicion is lazy, but for all we know she could flip scum and thus said suspicions were called for. It's not as if several people calling someone scummy and all or most of them being town is unheard of. I don't believe that is the case here as I take issue with some players on his list, but I don't like his prime argument here.
Yeah, Sophia did some shady things. Whether or not it was scummy, who knows, but meta doesn't clear it. Even the most careful players can make mistakes. It was like the Blarg thing was a mistake that she had to justify, because it made no sense and she went right back without any real outside prompting.

Maybe there is a scum in there pointing the finger to capitalize or to blend in, who knows, but it doesn't make what Sophia did any less questionable or worthy of some attention, but again, without CeeCee, there's not much we can do with it.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I can't tell if Fran and Chuggs are town v town who are just rubbing each other the wrong way or if one of them is scum. It ain't both.
I'm conflicted on this too, because I believe I was one of the first people to float Chugg as a scum read, Fran didn't come in until later when he took issue with Chugg's read on Malus. I'm not sure how to read it all in that context, since it could be Scum Fran trying to appear like a Towny with his quick scum read on someone who was already starting to get some suspicion on them.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Turmoil has had a weird presence in the game so far. I actually expected to see him with more posts, but he only has 9. I get the feeling like his posts are very aware of everything going on in this very talkative game, but they're coming from someone with under 10 posts so far, and he hasn't really given us many reads at all. Just gives me some bad vibes overall I guess, especially because I remember giving him an easy Town read on D1 in our last game, and he was Town.
I've never found turmoil an easy read. Interesting.

I would agree with the townreads on Kyanrute so far, but he would not be a pick for leader for me. Stan is about as wild as I would go.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I've never found turmoil an easy read. Interesting.
On D1 in Brexit, I specifically called him "Town as Fuck" during my night chat with Zeke lol. There was just something about his posts, the way he was trying to suss things out, it read very Towny to me. I just couldn't see Scum in it. Very different vibes this time around though.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
On D1 in Brexit, I specifically called him "Town as Fuck" during my night chat with Zeke lol. There was just something about his posts, the way he was trying to suss things out, it read very Towny to me. I just couldn't see Scum in it. Very different vibes this time around though.
But I don't think that's always the case for him, so I'd grain-of-salt it. Meta reads in general, in fact.

This game overall feels weird to me. The mechanic is good. It's got people talking. But it's also got us working to solve a problem related to our problem, so a lot of the discussion may actually end up being totally useless, or at least less useful, since I suspect a lot of it is just going to come down to style. But we're digging through all this content, so it feels like there should be something there, right? But I wonder if any of it's actually revealing.

Just idle thoughts, I guess. But it does feel like we're all going in circles a bit.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
Yes, dear, you rang?

Indulge me - if we did vote you leader, would you play it straight, or would you Blarg out?

I don't know if I trust the answer but I want it anyway.
If by "Blarg out" you are insinuating that I would ignore the majority in favour of my own reading, then I most definitely would not "Blarg out". Because that is not how I am

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, Sophia did some shady things. Whether or not it was scummy, who knows, but meta doesn't clear it. Even the most careful players can make mistakes. It was like the Blarg thing was a mistake that she had to justify, because it made no sense and she went right back without any real outside prompting.

Maybe there is a scum in there pointing the finger to capitalize or to blend in, who knows, but it doesn't make what Sophia did any less questionable or worthy of some attention, but again, without CeeCee, there's not much we can do with it.
Why did you quote me about that? What you said is precisely the point I was trying to make against Faddy.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I was agreeing with you.
Okay that makes more sense. I'm just out of it and was confused there for a sec. Sorry about that.

But anyway I'm clocking out for the night. Don't know if I got some stomach bug or something, but I've been vomiting up a storm. First time I recall throwing up in ages that wasn't a result of alcohol and it sucks.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
You guys post too much.im like 3 pages behind now. See y'all in the morning
Every action in mafia has its consequences, and as much as I'd love to have 100% accuracy who I choose to lynch, that simply isn't the case. This is an unpredictable game by nature, so we're taking a chance regardless. By giving the steering wheel to someone else I'm choosing to observe how their actions correlate with their preceding behavior and the game moving forward. I don't think as much information can be obtained with myself at the helm considering I know my own alignment. That's why I chose to vote someone who more or less straddles the line and I would trust as town, but I feel would be more revelatory as scum.
Do you know how hard it was to come up with a counter-argument to your own line of thinking? Good work carry on

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
What specifically has made you feel better about Fran today?

Turmoil had an early exchange that gave me townie vibes but since then he hasn't impressed. I plan to give him a reread when I'm on a computer next. Also want to reread Fran but so many posts already😞

Just feels like he's engaging more and isnt as defensive

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Oh snap, this election is actually ending fairly soon. I'll make some more meaningful comments before the end but, honestly, I dunno if I'm even that invested in who will be made leader. I wouldn't want CeeCee, Natiko, Geno, or Blarg to be the one, but that's pretty much it.

Hopefully there'll be a replacement for Giant Panda before it comes down to it.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't had a chance to use a computer yet to follow up on the couple of points I'd like to. I feel like outside of that it's mainly just a holding pattern until people actually start placing votes. Hopefully one of my preferred options pan out, but if not I'll evaluate the remaining candidates and go from there.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Right now, cabot, Fandorin, Brazil, Stan, Kyan, Sorian, Pirate Bae, Natiko all have votes (and a few have voted themselves. Myself, I think most of those are good choices, though I'm less invested in Kyanrute (wild card) and Sorian (I've talked about it) than the others. I don't feel super certain in my Stan vote, so I expect I'll start hammering out my decision after Stan's next appearance.

But I am concerned about the lower tier of activity. CeeCee, turmoil, malus, whomever replaces GP, and AbBro all have fewer than ten posts, too, btw. KetKat, Zubz, and Kawl don't have many posts and not much content. CeeCee's on a plane. Rest of y'all need to weigh in.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
That was a far longer day than I anticipated! Just caught up.

Is it any more cheating than voting for yourself to be leader?

Not gunna lie, I've had to do a few double takes already with "Fando" and "Fanto" being thrown around haha.

What about Blarg is reading scummy to you above all the other players, or is just the distrust from the Gif Mafia game settling in?
FluxWaveZ is someone I want to hear more from as well, so I can understand that.

Hmm, of course you can only trust yourself, but besides yourself, is there anyone else seeming Townie to you, or is just Monkey sticking out for now?

When Blarg shitposts this much, it's usually because he's trying to distract from something, at least to my knowledge. As I stated before, though, this is literally a Blargonaut themed game so his change in behavior is likely due to that.

Nobody else is screaming town, sadly. Maybe Sorian, but I haven't played enough games with Sorian to know any tells, & just know that Sorian's the towniest townie to ever town according to past conversations that I may or may not be misremembering.. I want to hear more from the quiet ones who just jumped in, since I'm assuming they're taking over from players who were idle because they were busy & not because they were Scum skirting by. I will say I find you trusting Pirate Bae so readily as odd, but I can understand how real life biases can play into who we vote for/against. That's how they get ya, though...

With Sorian & Dr. Monkey voting for Stanley Palmtree, I'm going to hesitantly trust their judgment.

VOTE: Stanley Palmtree

You know what add Zubz to the people I would shoot.

<3 you too!

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
gyNIJ2C.jpg

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I suddenly regret this decision.

I suddenly no longer regret this decision.
I was feeling some kind of way about you, Zubz, but this made me chuckle. Sensibly.

I put in a good word for you early in the phase for meta reasons, but I find your admitted sheeping a little off-putting. Part of me wants to give it a pass because you're at least self aware (and again, admitting), but I'm still not sure it sits right.

Explain this one, would you? Are you referring to the replacements? We don't know if they were busy or why they dropped. Neither was idle. Just GP a little. So what do you mean?
I want to hear more from the quiet ones who just jumped in, since I'm assuming they're taking over from players who were idle because they were busy & not because they were Scum skirting by.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
When Blarg shitposts this much, it's usually because he's trying to distract from something, at least to my knowledge. As I stated before, though, this is literally a Blargonaut themed game so his change in behavior is likely due to that.

Nobody else is screaming town, sadly. Maybe Sorian, but I haven't played enough games with Sorian to know any tells, & just know that Sorian's the towniest townie to ever town according to past conversations that I may or may not be misremembering.. I want to hear more from the quiet ones who just jumped in, since I'm assuming they're taking over from players who were idle because they were busy & not because they were Scum skirting by. I will say I find you trusting Pirate Bae so readily as odd, but I can understand how real life biases can play into who we vote for/against. That's how they get ya, though...
I've seen Blarg as Town and Scum, and he's a shitpost master regardless of alignment.

I've never seen the fabled Scum Sorian, so at the least I'm trying to keep some distance, but yes he does naturally read pretty Towny to me.

I don't trust Pirate Bae, but she is reading rather townish to me here. I especially liked her reasoning on her town read on Kyan. I figure if she were to end up as the Leader, I'd get a better read on her through that process.

------------------------------------------------------

On a side note, what's up with these sudden Stan votes? Is it just because people are Town reading the people voting for him?

Zubz, you had mentioned FluxWave as a scum read of yours alongside Blarg, right? What do you make of him voting for Stan now with you and Blarg all of a sudden?

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
I was feeling some kind of way about you, Zubz, but this made me chuckle. Sensibly.

I put in a good word for you early in the phase for meta reasons, but I find your admitted sheeping a little off-putting. Part of me wants to give it a pass because you're at least self aware (and again, admitting), but I'm still not sure it sits right.

Explain this one, would you? Are you referring to the replacements? We don't know if they were busy or why they dropped. Neither was idle. Just GP a little. So what do you mean?

That's fair. I usually don't have any good takes until we get to D2, admittedly, so I don't really have too much to contribute until we get a flip, but I deserve any & all call-outs for it.

And I was referring to the replacements, & wanting to hear/see more from them; I thought a few more of the replaced were idle but I may have been mistaken.

I've seen Blarg as Town and Scum, and he's a shitpost master regardless of alignment.

I've never seen the fabled Scum Sorian, so at the least I'm trying to keep some distance, but yes he does naturally read pretty Towny to me.

I don't trust Pirate Bae, but she is reading rather townish to me here. I especially liked her reasoning on her town read on Kyan. I figure if she were to end up as the Leader, I'd get a better read on her through that process.

------------------------------------------------------

On a side note, what's up with these sudden Stan votes? Is it just because people are Town reading the people voting for him?

Zubz, you had mentioned FluxWave as a scum read of yours alongside Blarg, right? What do you make of him voting for Stan now with you and Blarg all of a sudden?

That's fair, but Blarg just wipes pages out with shitposts when he's Scum. In games where he's town, Blarg usually has some sort of end game.

I'll admit my Stan vote was because I had no better leads & 2 people I Town leaned were for him. As or Blarg or Flux following, however, it's suspicious, to say the least. The fact Flux joined in kind of makes me want to back out in case they're Scum & are trying to set me up as part of their cabal, but it's also D1, so I have no major reason to be too suspicious yet.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
Talking about modifiers:

I think we should decide during the day phase what modifier we will select during the night phase. Lest risk of getting something that could screw us over.

Predictions:

Star Wars – This was a pretty normal game. Scum were separated into 2 teams but I don't see that as a modifier. Blarg played some games so could be that or I think someone had a gun and had a vote for who will get it. Any of those 2.

Archer – Easy: Mission mechanic. I think we should keep this one until game end as it could help us separate scum from town.

Call of Cthulhu – I don't remember much about this one. I think it had a cult?

NX –This was pretty normal but Grizzly saying that D1 had a lot of activity makes me think that it's related to activity.

Love Boat –Easy: Pair game. Could be a good idea to select it early in the game.

Disney Princess – I don't remember anything about this one so I don't have a clue.

The Price is Right – Easy: Price is right minigame for items. Another one to use early.

Pineapple Pizza – I don't remember anything that could be used as a modifier for this one. The only unusual thing is that it had a beloved princess so maybe that. I would avoid this one.

Dark Souls – This was an open setup with no flips. Likely that we have a no janitor lynch. Another that I would avoid.

Heroes vs Villains – This is tricky because it had a lot of things going on. It could be the seven dragons, pokemon battles or bullshit RNG auto win but I will go with the chest mechanic. This is a really good one to use early in the game.

Power Rangers – Another easy one: Costume day.

Conspiracy – I'm surprised this one is here. The game was only a couple of months ago and Grizzly didn't saw the design until a couple of day before the game started so it's a last minute addition. It's likely the map mechanic but the game had a secret vote so it could be that too.

McDonalds Treasure Land Adventure – No clue as it's based in a non existant game.

Bar 2: Even More Booze – No clue but as it's not Bar 1 I think it's not related to it. Wild guess: everyone is drunk during the night phase and targets randomly.

RNG Mafia - Another not based in any game but the name points to some RNG modifiers.
oh what a good idea

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Bit of a mixed bag so far. You're presenting more thoughts than you have in certain other games, but some of those thoughts include comments like how you won't be providing reads because they're garbage so I'm not sure what to make of it. Unlike Sorian though I won't profess to have a strong ability to read you. If I absolutely had to choose I'd probably land on scum reading you just due to the sheer noise:content ratio.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
I think most of these guesses are right although the only game I played in is Power Rangers and that is the one I think is wrong.

Unless there has been a change in ERA policies or the game moves completely to Outer I don't think it will be costume. The other mechanic in Power Rangers was my role where I had to find a specific person. i think that is more likely with the way this game is set up.

I reviewed a McDonald's game but I don't think I am allowed to talk about it.

Love Boat or Price is Right would be my pick for the next phases. Either get early items to help or have good pairs reads.

Was Blarg in all these games btw?
Nope. I wasn't in Archer, Disney Princess, Dark Souls, Power Rangers and only had a cameo in Heroes vs. Villains but won that game anyway. Dunno why I would have an interest in games I didn't appear in but that's fanfiction for you

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
But
Bit of a mixed bag so far. You're presenting more thoughts than you have in certain other games, but some of those thoughts include comments like how you won't be providing reads because they're garbage so I'm not sure what to make of it. Unlike Sorian though I won't profess to have a strong ability to read you. If I absolutely had to choose I'd probably land on scum reading you just due to the sheer noise:content ratio.
But can I be king though

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Heading to bed. Tuesday's usually my busiest day but I'lltry to check in a bit more before we elect a leader.

Pirate Bae

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
What's with these stan votes? Zubz, why are you so ready to follow Monkey and Sorian on the train?

Same for flux, blarg.

Not sure if I'll be around for day end, but I at least will do this for now:

Vote: Zubz

I don't like their sudden stan vote, and I have been watching them for a few pages now. They seem hesitant to commit and follow their own reads, instead opting to jump on stan with the excuse of trusting well-known players. I want them to stand on their own two feet. I want to see what they do when their feet are held to the fire.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
[...] I don't like their sudden stan vote, and I have been watching them for a few pages now. They seem hesitant to commit and follow their own reads, instead opting to jump on stan with the excuse of trusting well-known players. I want them to stand on their own two feet. I want to see what they do when their feet are held to the fire.
I've done everything he's done, as described, and yet you vote for Zubz over the protagonist? It's okay

CeeCee

Oct 25, 2017
Terra is either scum or lazy town.

Evidence? Saying that it's suspicious that I posted some jokes and nothing since. Means that either he didn't read my posts and yet is still scumreading me, or he did read my posts and is choosing to ignore parts of them to make a case.

Pirate Bae

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Other people I would vote for:

Terra
Kawl
Blarg (mainly for the lols)

I voted for zubz over these because he has piqued my curiosity the most he past few pages. I have never played with Terra before and kawl barely has a presence so I would vote them to learn more about them.

Blarg is a shot in the dark for me, tbh. I never understand him.