• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
care to expand on your malus read, Stan?
Calling it a read is pretty generous, its more that i dont have much good i remember from him,
i think the only things were the bit about pointing the new guys (sword something? i dont fuckin kknow) vote on terra, which just kinda seemed like 'i wanna look like im helping without actually providing anything', and then just discussion about managing the leader vote because sure we really need more fucking discussion about that shit dont we?!?!

that last bit might just be me still frustrated by that last 10 pages.

But again this isnt so much a 'i wanna killem right fuckin now' and more of a 'yeah i wouldn't flinch if it was me and him alone in a room with a gun with one bullet left'

...im not sure what that last analogy was but i think my point is clear either way.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm fine with Stan or Brazil being leader, so I'll leave my vote here for now.

My kill list at the moment, with Terra as the most likely:

Terra
Ketkat
Fran
Flux
Zubz
CeeCee

I'd be fine with a few others, but these are the names that I can come up with initially.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
And an extra note in giving me unlimted, unrestrained, and frankly unethical power is that i should actually be much free'er tomorrow (D1.5 starts immediately after this day phase right?).
these last 2 days have actually just been particularly unlucky in regards to work being stupid busy.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
I'm fine with Stan or Brazil being leader, so I'll leave my vote here for now.

My kill list at the moment, with Terra as the most likely:

Terra
Ketkat
Fran
Flux
Zubz
CeeCee

I'd be fine with a few others, but these are the names that I can come up with initially.
Can you elaborate on your position on terra?

(or show me to where you already have because i totally read and remember it i swear)

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If I had to pick now I'd say Fran is more likely to be scum between him and Chugg, however Chugg's latest giant post felt like a forced tunnel.
I'd prefer to avoid this discussion for the time being.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Can you elaborate on your position on terra?

(or show me to where you already have because i totally read and remember it i swear)
On mobile (and lazy) to back after my posts, but besides playing too passively so far, he defended himself weirdly when malus brought attention to Shadow's weird vote for him right before subbing out, saying that a competent scum team would've told a newcomer to avoid making instant connections with another scummate. Later he also had a misunderstanding with Geno that read to me like he just trying to pad the conversation with fake content. Seems he's trying to lay low during D1 and I wouldn't be surprised if he flipped scum for it.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
oh yeah.

vote: StanleyPalmtree

On mobile (and lazy) to back after my posts, but besides playing too passively so far, he defended himself weirdly when malus brought attention to Shadow's weird vote for him right before subbing out, saying that a competent scum team would've told a newcomer to avoid making instant connections with another scummate. Later he also had a misunderstanding with Geno that read to me like he just trying to pad the conversation with fake content. Seems he's trying to lay low during D1 and I wouldn't be surprised if he flipped scum for it.
Cheers boss.

God its nice to actually be present for conversations.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
Kawl has dropped out of the game

I'm looking for a replacement.
IOhokK0.gif

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I think Stan's kill list is reasonable. Don't fully agree or have same order, if that was ordered, but some fair shots. But StanleyPalmtree, if elected, when can you be here for 1.5??

More later - got a busy morning. I will compile my list.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Fantomas I've got the feeling of it being a little unfair comparison to put my middle of d1 me on this game against the n1 me of Brexit. For those who didn't play/spec Brexit, we got scum on D1 there and I was one of the breaking votes for getting the scum player lynched. Your easy town read was pure luck, I could have chosen to lynch coolest over ET and would had been your top scum on n1.

This said, I thought you were saying this from a place of dishonesty, but then realized maybe it's me being self conscious

Remind me again why are you supporting Bae? The most I remember of you saying about her is that both are friends and LiS fans

You know what, let's see where that goes

VOTE:Pirate Bae

As for reads I'm leaning town on malus and ketkat because it feels like they are easy targets, scum on rac and zubz.
My read on you wasn't only based on your vote that game, so that's not true, it was based on a number of posts you made during D1. But either way, it's just a meta read, and Monkey is right that I shouldn't hold much to it.

There are a few reasons why I am voting for Pirate Bae. Mostly it's a selfish reason where I feel like that is the one player I am going to personally have some problems trying to read, so getting an extra bit from putting her in as the leader would probably help me in the long run. Also, she has gone on record as saying she would treat the leader position the way that I also agree it should be treated. On top of that, I don't have a problem with any of the scum reads she has shared so far either.

Town leans on Malus and Ketkat? I'll admit that I'm fine with Malus's catch up post, but I don't think Ketkat has done a whole lot since the spotlight got put on her. She has also kind of faded out of discussions of who is looking scummy lately. Hiding in the shadows is one of the things Scum Ketkat is best at doing in my experience in being on a team with her.
Fran's in a sort of portal where I can see arguments for his lynch but considering how active he is, he can be found out with more day phases under our belt. It's a bigger risk to off him on day 1 and I'm not completely convinced he's scum.
I think this is basically where I am on Fran too. Sorry Chugg, I did read through your big post, but for now I'd probably take out Chugg first out of those two.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

As for our current leader votes, I'm fine with either Brazil or Stan if Pirate Bae doesn't catch more votes. I see both as being pretty Towny so far. I'd probably personally want to see Brazil just because I feel like it's harder for me to read him over Stan, so I'd like to see what he does with the power.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
I don't trust Pirate Bae, but she is reading rather townish to me here. I especially liked her reasoning on her town read on Kyan. I figure if she were to end up as the Leader, I'd get a better read on her through that process.

If you don't trust Pirate Bae, why are you voting for her?

and only had a cameo in Heroes vs. Villains but won that game anyway

Geno robbed me.

Why?

This is Fran saying he can change his mind on some of his reads from that list, but I'm thinking it's more of an excuse for when they start giving reads that Fran isn't down with.

This was less than 24hs into the game. Of course it can change. This is barely an excuse.

Some players are good at giving reads early game with no info. Fran doesn't think he's one of them.

Fran, who is afraid of being leader because he doesn't think he makes good decisions early day is now completely confident that I'm scum.

This is the same bullshit that Sorian tried to use. Even if I don't think I'm good making reads D1 If I spot someone making a slip I'm going to go after it. It doesn't matter if it's D1, D2 or D10. You gave a read based on a false argument after being called out because you were parroting other players. Do I let it slip because it's D1?

Then we have some scum reading of Malus. Brazil already did a good job at pointing out some issues here, so I'll just quote him.

I never gave scum reads of Malus. Show me where I did that? I though that his plan was shit but never said that I scumreaded him.

Fran, who is afraid of being leader because he doesn't think he makes good decisions early day is now completely confident that I'm scum.

Again this is first grade bullshit.

So what was the best case scenario, Fran? Have someone not you pull the trigger on killing me and then let them take the fall after I flipped?[/QUOTE]

I have been very explicit that I want to lynch you, how could I not be responsable either way you flip?. But sure, I changed my mind. If everyone vote for me I will lynch Chugger and will take 100% for it. That sure I am that I have a good

Your point on Fran going from very wary of choosing a d1 target to hardening on you is a good one and is taken on board though.

Did you looked at Chugger town read on Malus? What do you think about it?

I've been leaning scum on Fran this entire game.

But you post doesn't read as you see me as scum. It's just a meta read but after that you said that you felt better about me after some posts. You gave the most middle ground read possible so you could use it for anything.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
The whole Sophia thing is a mess. So much pearl-clutching over what amounts essentially to a bunch of meta reads. Her posts around Blarg are weird, and the amount of people who jumped at that shade/vote combo smells of people grasping at low-hanging fruits. That's it. Going beyond that in an argument after Sophia was replaced and CeeCee clearly said he wouldn't be around seems like straight-up busy work.

Nobody else is screaming town, sadly. Maybe Sorian, but I haven't played enough games with Sorian to know any tells, & just know that Sorian's the towniest townie to ever town according to past conversations that I may or may not be misremembering.. I want to hear more from the quiet ones who just jumped in, since I'm assuming they're taking over from players who were idle because they were busy & not because they were Scum skirting by. I will say I find you trusting Pirate Bae so readily as odd, but I can understand how real life biases can play into who we vote for/against. That's how they get ya, though...

With Sorian & Dr. Monkey voting for Stanley Palmtree, I'm going to hesitantly trust their judgment.

VOTE: Stanley Palmtree
This post is supposed to be where you take a stand, but it feels like a collection of random observations with no weight to them. It seems like you can't commit to anything. Maybe you trust Sorian, but maybe not. You want to hear from people who haven't said much, maybe because they're just catching up or maybe because they're scum. You find your Fantomas' reason for a vote weird, but you also understand it. You'll follow Sorian and Monkey, but hesitantly.

Show your face, Zubz.

Ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to the Thunderdome
Please don't force things down people's throats.

Fucking hell why do my biggest reads drop out?
Are your biggest reads really only people who were barely posting? Are you gonna post that list you said you were going to, or does this post cover it?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
If you don't trust Pirate Bae, why are you voting for her?
There are a few reasons why I am voting for Pirate Bae. Mostly it's a selfish reason where I feel like that is the one player I am going to personally have some problems trying to read, so getting an extra bit from putting her in as the leader would probably help me in the long run. Also, she has gone on record as saying she would treat the leader position the way that I also agree it should be treated. On top of that, I don't have a problem with any of the scum reads she has shared so far either.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Vote: Cabot

Not a definitive vote. But I feel slighty better about Cabot than Brazil and Stan.

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Eh, evolving your playstyle isn't exactly something that is specific to alignment, so he can genuinely evolve whilst being town, scum or neutral.

It's not a good reason to townread.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I guess it's time to build my platform, huh.

My kill list right now would probably be:

Fran - He's felt inconsistent and artificial throughout the phase. The malus/turmoil thing sticks out to me as it made it seem like he was just commenting on stuff from a position of someone who didn't really care about any of it.
Terraforce - A lot of noise over nothing when arguing with Flux, some projecting in his posts, very belligerent.
Flux - I'm willing to give Terra's counterpart in that argument a look as well. He put a lot of effort into not backing down from that discussion, but then vanished as soon as it dissipated.
turmoil - He seems to have fumbled the landing in this game. Most of his posts give the air of someone who's weirdly disoriented. Like here - Fand was being "[consolidated] as a natural option and then deflated"? That train never got past 3 votes. And what does that vote movement even say? He never explained. It just feels like he's searching for stuff to comment on without saying much.
Zubz - Low activity, can't seem to commit to his opinions.
Ketkat - I'm not sure about the arguments that put her in the spotlight in the first place, but the way she blended into the darkness after that happened is definitely noteworthy.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Where'd you stand on Geno again, Brazil?
I'd typed his name down while coming up with the list above, but ended up deleting it. He's the next up, I guess, but I want to see what he comes up, since he's promised a read list before the end of the phase. He's made a lot of posts posturing over how he wants to go about the leader thing, and hasn't let up despite no one wanting to go for it. He's not cooperating. It doesn't feel good, but, frankly, Geno never feels good on D1.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus fuck i feel like Odysseus catching up on this thread, except instead of exciting dangers thrown at me by the god i just have you fucks harping on about fucking nothing holy shit like 10 pages and not a meaningful point was made.
That said i do suddenly have many supporters in my leadership campaign so i guess thats kinda like coming home to my loyal wife and son.
now to kill me some fuckin suitors

I had a few quotes collected but most of it has been resolved already so fuck that noise.

This is a fucking "NZ is full of sheep" joke aint it?

I do have more to say but its still too hot and my chair is still broken so imma need icecream before you get em.

No, it's me saying that if Flux is anything to go by, people are going to hop on the vote for you with little to no reasoning.

The whole Sophia thing is a mess. So much pearl-clutching over what amounts essentially to a bunch of meta reads. Her posts around Blarg are weird, and the amount of people who jumped at that shade/vote combo smells of people grasping at low-hanging fruits. That's it. Going beyond that in an argument after Sophia was replaced and CeeCee clearly said he wouldn't be around seems like straight-up busy work.

This post is supposed to be where you take a stand, but it feels like a collection of random observations with no weight to them. It seems like you can't commit to anything. Maybe you trust Sorian, but maybe not. You want to hear from people who haven't said much, maybe because they're just catching up or maybe because they're scum. You find your Fantomas' reason for a vote weird, but you also understand it. You'll follow Sorian and Monkey, but hesitantly.

Show your face, Zubz.

Please don't force things down people's throats.

Are your biggest reads really only people who were barely posting? Are you gonna post that list you said you were going to, or does this post cover it?

I'd like to once again point out that the biggest issue with Sophia isn't the shade and then vote about face, that happened so quickly and is whatever because people like to do dumb shit for reactions. What was off was what she said with that shade. She knows better and pretending Blarg is scummy was a ridiculous pull for right there and that's some real busy work, I'm waiting for CeeCee but sub ins don't immediately make me just ignore what happened before.

——

Since all the cool kids are making kill lists, here's who I am pushing for the leader to kill(don't vote me at this point, the "wahh wahh Sorian is scary!" crowd will be too whiny about it)

In no particular order I'd like to see Sophia, Fran, Fantomas, Flux, or Ket go. I will say that Fran and Fantomas are for the same reason and Fantomas came out of that better IMO so Fran first between those two. I'm also fine with inactives but honestly what the fuck are we doing if the leader goes for an inactive when so much bullshit has been in today.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Also Fandorin had you brought up that Terra read before this morning? I don't remember it and it stuck out to me on reading

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I'd like to once again point out that the biggest issue with Sophia isn't the shade and then vote about face, that happened so quickly and is whatever because people like to do dumb shit for reactions. What was off was what she said with that shade. She knows better and pretending Blarg is scummy was a ridiculous pull for right there and that's some real busy work, I'm waiting for CeeCee but sub ins don't immediately make me just ignore what happened before.
That's fair, and noted. My problem, however, was with how people went on and on about it at a time when we simply couldn't possibly get any answers with content like "My meta read invalidates your opposite meta read".

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That's fair, and noted. My problem, however, was with how people went on and on about it at a time when we simply couldn't possibly get any answers with content like "My meta read invalidates your opposite meta read".

That's a Faddy issue more than anything to be honest. If Sophia is town, scum absolutely sheeped in there unless none of them happened to be around since it was such an easy thing to scrutinize but Faddy coming in hot with that hot take "expert opinion" because he had been scum with her before was a bit much and has me wondering if a scum Faddy would really expose himself that completely for a teammate, my gut says no but then my deeper gut also says I like to definitively call people town when I know they are so that I can have the "told you so" moment later which is why Faddy is in the back of my mind but he isn't today

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
I'd typed his name down while coming up with the list above, but ended up deleting it. He's the next up, I guess, but I want to see what he comes up, since he's promised a read list before the end of the phase. He's made a lot of posts posturing over how he wants to go about the leader thing, and hasn't let up despite no one wanting to go for it. He's not cooperating. It doesn't feel good, but, frankly, Geno never feels good on D1.
Not no one, I have rac's vote too. It's the fairest way to solve this.
Well, I'm all ears as for why I'm a bad candidate as well.
I'm neutral on you rn, not good but not bad either. Of course this is all hypothetical, I'm not voting anyone other than myself or anyone not willing to do my method.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Ok I'm all caught up. Luckily that was a whole bunch or nothing, other than a bunch of kill lists and the Chugger-Fran stuff, in which I think Chugger comes out looking better because his arguments really remind me of whenever I also become fixated on someone on D1. I don't completely buy the tunnel, but it's a decent argument.

As for votes, I'm gonna keep mine on Cabot at the moment but wouldn't have any issue with Stan ultimately taking it. I think Geno is a big omission in Brazil's list though, but I can kinda see where he's coming from with the "he always feels bad" thing, I think I may just dislike how stubbornly he plays regardless of alignment, but still, wouldn't mind to see him go today :P

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Not no one, I have rac's vote too. It's the fairest way to solve this.

I'm neutral on you rn, not good but not bad either. Of course this is all hypothetical, I'm not voting anyone other than myself or anyone not willing to do my method.
Right, rac is still there. But while others have been weighing the possibilities left and right, you seem unwilling to budge. Which, to be fair, isn't uncharacteristic.

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
Right, rac is still there. But while others have been weighing the possibilities left and right, you seem unwilling to budge. Which, to be fair, isn't uncharacteristic.
A leader who changes their mind often is not a good leader. A leader needs to have a goal they want to accomplish, and try their hardest to do that.

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
Please answer this when you can, though, Geno:
I never said it was a big list or anything, I don't know where you people are reading stuff I never wrote, I said I'd give you reads and I gave you my top scum a while ago, if you really want top town I'd go with Sorian, Stan and Fandorin.

Also Zubz, I don't know how voting for yourself is the same as putting yourself in a list of reads. I've been thinking about that comment all day now and I don't like it at all.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Why does everyone want to vote Brazil? Am I missing something? He doesn't seem like a good candidate imo.
At the risk of skating full-tilt into pedantry here, "doesn't seem like a good candidate" is not a neutral stance. For once I understand folks' issues with wishy-washy posts - you have avoided taking a stance on anything and if pressed you walk things back to this gray space of ambiguity and maybe.

If you have issue with Brazil, make a case. If you don't, then why say it? You had said earlier that you didn't think anyone was supporting your style for the vote - so if that's all the Brazil post was, what was the point of it?

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I never said it was a big list or anything, I don't know where you people are reading stuff I never wrote, I said I'd give you reads and I gave you my top scum a while ago, if you really want top town I'd go with Sorian, Stan and Fandorin.

Also Zubz, I don't know how voting for yourself is the same as putting yourself in a list of reads. I've been thinking about that comment all day now and I don't like it at all.
Okay, here at least is sort of a stance on something.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
No, it's me saying that if Flux is anything to go by, people are going to hop on the vote for you with little to no reasoning.
I've been chewing over those Stan votes all night and I'm feeling like they are probably inoffensive. I don't like the sheeping for no good reason, but I don't think it's a terrible bad thing. I don't think mafia would do it if Stan was also mafia, at least, so it feels... grimy but fine? I dunno. But I'd like to hear more about what you think.
His kill list above is good, I'm just not convinced he's town so that's where my hang up is, he's not a bad candidate though.
Sudden aggro Brazil has me thinking hard but I don't know how to read it yet, so I'd say I'm the same here.

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
At the risk of skating full-tilt into pedantry here, "doesn't seem like a good candidate" is not a neutral stance. For once I understand folks' issues with wishy-washy posts - you have avoided taking a stance on anything and if pressed you walk things back to this gray space of ambiguity and maybe.

If you have issue with Brazil, make a case. If you don't, then why say it? You had said earlier that you didn't think anyone was supporting your style for the vote - so if that's all the Brazil post was, what was the point of it?
I have taken a lot of stances actually, but you don't want to see them because you would rather focus on my other posts, but whatever. When someone says you are not a good candidate it means 2 things, either they are a bad candidate, or they are simply not good while not being bad either. I have no issue with Brazil currently, but I see a lot of people putting him in their lists and I wanted to see some explanations, a lot of people throw him out there without reasoning? Isn't it fair that I want to see why?

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Between Stan and Brazil I'd much rather vote for Brazil since I feel he's a lot harder to read.

That being said, I think announcing your kill list kind of defeats the purpose of "let's see what they do" and have them act on the fly since we already have some idea of how things will turn out. I get it, but I don't necessarily agree with the tactic. I don't think it's a bad move, I'd just rather see something different if I had to choose.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Pirate Bae you still around?

I believe you said Geno and Chugg were your top two Scum reads right now, right?

What do you make of the Chugg vs. Fran posts lately?

And then your thoughts on the latest batch of Geno posts?

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
cabot - Stan - Brazil, hmm. Of the three, I think I'd be fine with cabot or Stan; I'm less certain of Brazil as leader, and that's not just an alignment question, but a question of not feeling like I could get a good grasp of what he would do. cabot is unpredictable at times, but I think I could suss out his logic and thought from his posts, and same with Stan. Brazil and I have clashed a lot in the past on how we see things, so I feel like I should factor that into where I put my vote. Push for Pirate Bae is interesting. I don't know if I can accurately read her either, but I'm also not sure how I feel about the "put a hard read into leader" position. As I said before, I wouldn't want to put someone I'm uncertain of or scum reading at all into that position because I think instead of being revealing, it might give them extra cred. I see that potentially backfiring.

So cabot-Stan I'm fine with, and Bae and Fando on the next tier seem okay also. Mostly I think I'm ready to see the replacements, hear a bit from them, and then move on to 1.5.