• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm. To roughly sum up my thoughts of the last 30+ pages without lamenting how much some of you talk I'd say that there's a bit too much concern being placed on the elected Godking. For a while there was a general talk of, 'well, what if Scum influences it or busses a teammate, etc., etc.' and honestly with the amount of attention this election gets I extremely doubt Scum would try to underhand it. At worst I think Scum are going to throw out their picks for who they want to sacrifice and try and influence it there.

That said I expect Emperor Stan to explain who he sacrifices and why with detailed notes, charts, and so on.

I mentioned this before, but I was thinking this was the case. This is basically why I was over the election talk in the later parts of the day.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Between Fran and Geno for me.

I'm less sure Fran is scum but he has more interactions.

Geno has felt different than he usually does and I am pretty decent at finding him town.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Games have a lot less shit posting than they used to. How many gifs have even been posted? That is where CeeCee excelled.
But normal, care free CeeCee would start the shit posting normally. Instead it's just a void. Bit of a red flag, but it's mostly an argument built on meta and coasting.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sawneeks has replaced Giant Panda

Please welcome Sawneeks.
3b0Vdgc.gif

'sup dudes. who is ready to party

Ok, I have a confession to make. Saw and I are actually lovers. We're also a special type of roleblocker.

Only Stanley is allowed to vote. Please unvote.

Can we really not vote just to have a concise place to look at people's prime thoughts?

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mentioned this before, but I was thinking this was the case. This is basically why I was over the election talk in the later parts of the day.
Yeah. :x

Do you think it's scum motivating that talk or no? I've been debating it in my head and I'm not sure how underhanded the conversation is.
Sneeks! Welcome.

I'm out at dinner. Back after!
<3

Monkey we're good friends you have to tell me truthfully if you are scum or not.
Between Fran and Geno for me.

Geno has felt different than he usually does and I am pretty decent at finding him town.
I agree with this but I'm not sure yet if I'd ping him as scum. That may sound odd but he acts like he's hiding something but I'm unsure if it's in a malicious way.

He would be someone I'd keep an extremely close eye on if he continues to live. Dunno if I'd say kill him now.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. :x

Do you think it's scum motivating that talk or no? I've been debating it in my head and I'm not sure how underhanded the conversation is.

About who is voting for who and who has a good reason or whatever? I'm actually not sure. I think once we get some flips it would be a good thing to go look at, but I'm not super sure if they were egging it on or just sitting back and watching

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Monkey we're good friends you have to tell me truthfully if you are scum or not.
If I am, that sure threw your theory (below) in the trash (I'm not, though).
At worst I think Scum are going to throw out their picks for who they want to sacrifice and try and influence it there.
I mean, yes. I think this is probably the standard approach to the day. It's why I'm a little concerned at everyone having approximately the same pool. I doub the suspicions started with scum, but I'm sure scum cultivated a few here and there.
I'm voting Love Boat or HvV for tonight. Get the crazy ones done first before the game dwindles.
I agree on LB. I'm never voting HvV. Fight me.
Ok, I have a confession to make. Saw and I are actually lovers. We're also a special type of roleblocker.
have I mentioned in the last 100 posts that I hate you

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
But normal, care free CeeCee would start the shit posting normally. Instead it's just a void. Bit of a red flag, but it's mostly an argument built on meta and coasting.
Hmm, I'm pretty torn here. I think CeeCee coming in after Sophia is a tough spot regardless. I do wonder if mafiaCeeCee would try just a bit more, but then that becomes its own red flag and we go in circles.

CeeCee would be a good flip, mechanically, because something was sure up with Sophia, but more than that, lots of people commented on it. But I also wonder if another day, when CeeCee himself was more active, would reveal something.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm. To roughly sum up my thoughts of the last 30+ pages without lamenting how much some of you talk I'd say that there's a bit too much concern being placed on the elected Godking. For a while there was a general talk of, 'well, what if Scum influences it or busses a teammate, etc., etc.' and honestly with the amount of attention this election gets I extremely doubt Scum would try to underhand it. At worst I think Scum are going to throw out their picks for who they want to sacrifice and try and influence it there.

That said I expect Emperor Stan to explain who he sacrifices and why with detailed notes, charts, and so on.

Hrm. What else.

CeeCee is definitely up there on my suspicion list and not simply because of Sophia. His actions since joining have done nothing to ease any worries and he is more-or-less coasting.

There were some weird connections I saw a few pages back I can try to find but it was 2 separate groups semi-defending each other. I think one was Sorian waffling on someone and the other was Febe backing down. Worth noting if they flip Scum. Will grab evidence.

I'm voting Love Boat or HvV for tonight. Get the crazy ones done first before the game dwindles.

i'm sure there's more but that's all I got for now
Kind of surprised to see you not mention Ketkat in here, considering she has been floated out by a few of us as being a good target today. Any thoughts on her?

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I am ok with lynching rac or zubz, but zubz hasn't posted since some time, if they don't come back I wouldn't want to lynch someone who can't defend themself.

How do the others who want the zubz lynch feel about that? Bae why didn't you move your vote from zubz?

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I am ok with lynching rac or zubz, but zubz hasn't posted since some time, if they don't come back I wouldn't want to lynch someone who can't defend themself.

How do the others who want the zubz lynch feel about that? Bae why didn't you move your vote from zubz?
It's not my preferred lynch but I wouldn't complain. For me the difference is that Zubz has been in the game the whole time and opted to not contribute compared to someone that subbed in part way through. I also would surely hope that they will show back up at some point before day end.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If I am, that sure threw your theory (below) in the trash (I'm not, though).

I mean, yes. I think this is probably the standard approach to the day. It's why I'm a little concerned at everyone having approximately the same pool. I doub the suspicions started with scum, but I'm sure scum cultivated a few here and there.

I agree on LB. I'm never voting HvV. Fight me.
So are you at a point where people having the same pool means we've messed up and scum are getting away or?

also if you don't vote HvV would you vote Power Rangers with me???
Kind of surprised to see you not mention Ketkat in here, considering she has been floated out by a few of us as being a good target today. Any thoughts on her?
She's one of the people I keep forgetting are in this game because of how quiet they are. Kyan, Fireblend, rac, and Kawl (though he dropped) are some of the others that strike me this way as well.

As for Ket I'm not sure where I land yet. I would need to reread her posts to get a better view but from what I remember there is nothing much there. I almost want to say there is more discussion around her than her own posts? Nothing from her posts that I remember stood out in a positive or negative way, she's just kinda there.
And do you have a top two Town and Scum, Saw?
These will say Town/Scum for simplicity but I'm not confident on a lot of these. Most players right now would fall into a middle group with small leans.

Town:
Stan
Chuggs or cabot

Scum:
CeeCee
Terra?

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
So are you at a point where people having the same pool means we've messed up and scum are getting away or?

also if you don't vote HvV would you vote Power Rangers with me???
Um, hell yes.

To the first: that's the concern, yeah. But the pool isn't universal. I think it just feels that way because a lot of loud people have overlapping choices, not even the same, and they aren't ordered the same. But I think it's something to keep an eye on.

Personally, I think I would flip Flux, KetKat, and one of Chuggs or Fran, though there's an argument to be made for keeping them both alive a bit to see how their fight goes. I think I'm most curious to see what people say this partial phase, though, about kills. Not just the same people. The others. And I'm curious to hear from Geno in particular. I too think he's hiding something, but I'm not sure what.

i don't see a huge reason to keep him alive either. please elaborate

sorry rac
Not having a reason to keep someone alive is not the same as a reason to lynch them. rac often kinda skirts the edges of things, which definitely means we don't really have much to connect him to with a d1 lynch, and here he seems a little grumpier/more disaffected than usual. I would think a scum rac would just try to blend. Maybe I'm wrong there, but I still don't think he'd be a good d1 lynch. Either we're really lucky and he's scum (yay) or we get nothing but a dead rac, whereas a town rac engages more as the game goes on.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Anyway, I think I'm gonna go relax. First two days of semester tired me out and I don't think my needle's gonna move much until we hear from more than the usual suspects.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
These will say Town/Scum for simplicity but I'm not confident on a lot of these. Most players right now would fall into a middle group with small leans.

Town:
Stan
Chuggs or cabot

Scum:
CeeCee
Terra?
Since you mentioned Chuggs, he has basically become inextricably linked with Fran, so I must ask for your thoughts on Fran as well haha.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why do you want to vote Power Ranger?

One of the worse things we can do now is have a costume game with so many people.
Bias. Melon and I made that game and we were honestly pretty proud of it so i'm curious to see what Bear does with it.

Um, hell yes.

To the first: that's the concern, yeah. But the pool isn't universal. I think it just feels that way because a lot of loud people have overlapping choices, not even the same, and they aren't ordered the same. But I think it's something to keep an eye on.

Personally, I think I would flip Flux, KetKat, and one of Chuggs or Fran, though there's an argument to be made for keeping them both alive a bit to see how their fight goes. I think I'm most curious to see what people say this partial phase, though, about kills. Not just the same people. The others. And I'm curious to hear from Geno in particular. I too think he's hiding something, but I'm not sure what.

Not having a reason to keep someone alive is not the same as a reason to lynch them. rac often kinda skirts the edges of things, which definitely means we don't really have much to connect him to with a d1 lynch, and here he seems a little grumpier/more disaffected than usual. I would think a scum rac would just try to blend. Maybe I'm wrong there, but I still don't think he'd be a good d1 lynch. Either we're really lucky and he's scum (yay) or we get nothing but a dead rac, whereas a town rac engages more as the game goes on.

For the top part we'll retread that later if we're both still around. Feel like we've done this song and dance before so i'll have you put your money where your mouth is later. :p

Thank you for expanding on the thoughts about rac. I have no real leanings on him one way or another so seeing a defense of him sparked me as a bit odd but I get your reasoning for it now.
I highly doubt we'll all be moved to OM for a costume game though.
Crazier things have happened in this community. :x

enjoy your rest o/

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Since you mentioned Chuggs, he has basically become inextricably linked with Fran, so I must ask for your thoughts on Fran as well haha.
Without looking back I can tell you this: I remember Fran and Chuggs had a bit of a fight but I don't remember what it was about? Think it was Chuggs arguing against Fran in some way and I remember reading it feeling more positively about Chuggs but not any worse about Fran. I don't want to call it Town v Town fight but it didn't really stick with me either. I'll look back at some point.

On his own Fran is interesting. I know he's been picking/ending up in minor fights with people and is getting hung up on details during these times and it's not something I find terribly alignment indicative of him. He likely has far more substance in his posts than what I'm saying here but from a pure reflection standpoint he doesn't seem scummy to me.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, let me rethink Flux. I just remembered there was something earlier that pinged me as town but I'll have to dig for it and that's probably not happening until morning.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Sneeks, my hell yes was to voting PR. but while we're talking about alignment, you gonna swear to me you're not scum? You sure hit the ground running. :P

good night (maybe/we'll see if I can actually not post, lol) (remember to always keep sorian as a backup option for death)

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Sorry about today; work's been wildly busy & soul crushing. I hope that slows down soon, but I may have to tag out if it keeps up like this.

3b0Vdgc.gif

'sup dudes. who is ready to party

Me, I guess!

Okay for real how the fuck did i win this, i barely tried and just petulantly yelled a lot.

.....if that aint a take on modern polotics then i dont know what is.

Dr. Monkey & Sorian trusted you, I trusted them, others followed suit, & odds are Scum all tagged in to vote for you when it became an easy way to hide. And hopefully not because you're one of them & they know it.

If this was a regular day, I'd probably vote for someone advocating for a No Kill, get suspected of being Scum, prod vote a low activity player, then switch to someone who was acting needlessly aggressive during the final countdown. We don't have any No Kill votes today, obviously, but that would mean I'd vote Turmoil7, then eventually someone like Geno.

That said, we actually have a unique opportunity presented to us today. We held a vote, & we're not all dead yet. That way, we can look at things I normally reserve for the following day, like odd Bandwagon posts! For instance, Kyanrute, AbsolutBro, & Turmoil7 all have low vote counts, & tagged in just to vote for StanleyPalmtree, so I'm suspicious of them. Kind of an shameful guilt for AbsolutBro, since his posts are basically nothing & there was some wishiwashiness with Cabot, but at the same time, he's reporting he's the only one "on the farm," so I'm assuming he's also having a nightmare of a week & his low activity may be a result of that.

So honestly, I'd say Turmoil7'd get my vote if we were murderin' the old fashioned way.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Without looking back I can tell you this: I remember Fran and Chuggs had a bit of a fight but I don't remember what it was about? Think it was Chuggs arguing against Fran in some way and I remember reading it feeling more positively about Chuggs but not any worse about Fran. I don't want to call it Town v Town fight but it didn't really stick with me either. I'll look back at some point.

On his own Fran is interesting. I know he's been picking/ending up in minor fights with people and is getting hung up on details during these times and it's not something I find terribly alignment indicative of him. He likely has far more substance in his posts than what I'm saying here but from a pure reflection standpoint he doesn't seem scummy to me.
Yeah, Fran and Chuggs are scum reading each other and would like to see the other die today. I've done some exploring today on when and how that all started since I'm scum reading Chuggs and don't have the best thoughts about Fran either necessarily, though I'm not really scum reading him, I have him at a null.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sneeks, my hell yes was to voting PR. but while we're talking about alignment, you gonna swear to me you're not scum? You sure hit the ground running. :P

good night (maybe/we'll see if I can actually not post, lol) (remember to always keep sorian as a backup option for death)
I swear upon the Old Gods and the New that I am not Scum, I'm just really excited to finally have time to play again before school starts :<

Yeah, Fran and Chuggs are scum reading each other and would like to see the other die today. I've done some exploring today on when and how that all started since I'm scum reading Chuggs and don't have the best thoughts about Fran either necessarily, though I'm not really scum reading him, I have him at a null.
Do you have the post where that whole thing started on hand? It would save me some time having to track it all down.

I also read your readslist and your read on Chuggs. I have a good chunk of my list done but there are some people I want to look at first before posting it. Should have it done in a few hours.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no

That's fair. Fran's seemed pretty aggro, but I don't know Fran's playstyle well enough to know if that's unusual or not.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Stan, please just kill Sorian, thx.
Charizard.gif

Sorry about today; work's been wildly busy & soul crushing. I hope that slows down soon, but I may have to tag out if it keeps up like this.

Me, I guess!

Dr. Monkey & Sorian trusted you, I trusted them, others followed suit, & odds are Scum all tagged in to vote for you when it became an easy way to hide. And hopefully not because you're one of them & they know it.

If this was a regular day, I'd probably vote for someone advocating for a No Kill, get suspected of being Scum, prod vote a low activity player, then switch to someone who was acting needlessly aggressive during the final countdown. We don't have any No Kill votes today, obviously, but that would mean I'd vote Turmoil7, then eventually someone like Geno.

That said, we actually have a unique opportunity presented to us today. We held a vote, & we're not all dead yet. That way, we can look at things I normally reserve for the following day, like odd Bandwagon posts! For instance, Kyanrute, AbsolutBro, & Turmoil7 all have low vote counts, & tagged in just to vote for StanleyPalmtree, so I'm suspicious of them. Kind of an shameful guilt for AbsolutBro, since his posts are basically nothing & there was some wishiwashiness with Cabot, but at the same time, he's reporting he's the only one "on the farm," so I'm assuming he's also having a nightmare of a week & his low activity may be a result of that.

So honestly, I'd say Turmoil7'd get my vote if we were murderin' the old fashioned way.
It was a retorical question, im well aware that i was elected thanks to my mountain of posts, reliabiltu, trustworthy face, and above all my calm and clear headed demeanor.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Do you have the post where that whole thing started on hand? It would save me some time having to track it all down.
Yeah, here's the first real mention that Chuggs made of Fran being Scummish in his mind, which was when I came in as a replacement and was talking to him. He had made a brief mention earlier, but it was not anywhere near what came with this post.
Fran concerns me right now, but it's purely meta. The one game I played with him he was scum and kind of took up the role of town leader so I'm a bit weary of him trying to steer town in one way or another. I feel a bit better about him after my interactions with him, but I'm not ready to say he's town yet. He's someone I think should keep and eye on, but I also think town Fran would be really useful for scum hunting later so I would rather keep him around until we get some more info.

Aside from that, and at the risk of sounding like I'm copying your read, ketkat sticks out to me as someone I would for if I could vote for similar reasons that you listed.
Then he was interested later in Brazil's read on some of Fran's interactions and seemed to start scum reading him more, starting here when he quoted Brazil, and there's posts that follow.
Okay, this all is real intresting
Then Fran started to Scum read Chugg starting here I believe (correct me if I'm wrong and you were on him before this Fran, but I think this was the first time).
What stats do you expect to post during D1?

This seems like a force read to me.
And then just because I already compiled these ones for Pirate Bae earlier, if you go back to this post it has quotes from later on where they continue to go at it a bit more, starting with Chugg posting a big scum read on Fran after a while of silence between the two.
Here's Chugg's big scum read post about Fran, and then Fran's response:

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Do you have the post where that whole thing started on hand?

Here you have them:

Malus strikes me as town. He's been called out as posting a lot of stats and not much else as both scum and town, and his play here comes across as a genuine attempt to evolve his play style.

What stats do you expect to post during D1?

This seems like a force read to me.

Do you know why people were calling Malus out posting stats? Because he was posting analysis for previous day end votes.

So by Chuggs logic he is leaning for a towny Malus because he isn't posting votes analysis .... during D1.

Now tell me how that makes sense.

rac

Oct 25, 2017
can anyone post where all the arguments begin and explain each one?

it would help saw a lot, thanks

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Side note im also down for a suicide pac- i mean voting for PR mafia,

I missed it the first time round and wanna see what all the fuss is about

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
So what's the over/under on what percentage of rac's posts this game will be serious or even just generally relevant?

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alrighty then, who would i be okay with murdering you ask?

uhhh.

Fran
Kawl (wait shit no he literally just dropped out)
rac
Malus
KetKat
CeeCee
Faddy
Geno

Who do i want to kill you ask?
I dont really know,
these are just the weidnesses that stuck out in a stuttered and feverously hot attempt to catch up.

So, now that you're in the leadership position and deciding all of our fates, how are you feeling about this list? Is there any particular way that you're leaning?

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Stan fact: you can yell when im posting on mobile because there will be at least one typo in every sentence.