• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
Brazil, this is your chance to prove to everyone that YOU have Town's best interests at heart; that YOU, are Town.

0ODs9PI.gif

In the interest of full transparency we all need to know you got to where you are now sans subterfuge.

Succession damns you, this is not only your but OUR as in Town's only chance to bypass the majority towards getting a confirmed and confessed killer off the proverbial board.

Cee must go and Town benefits the MOST if its done by your hand

My liege

Oct 25, 2017
How would a scum day vig work balance wise, would town have to have a BP or something?

This isn't a PR fish, Zeke. Don't claim if you're BP

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
As reference, these were our kills lists from the last phase:
Plenty of difference between those two lists.
People in Brazil's but not in Stan's:

Terraforce
Flux
turmoil
Zubz

Presumably there might be scum there, all of them voted for Stan too (Zubz technically didn't because of a misspelling, but the intention was there), so it doesn't seem like we could prioritize anyone based on that.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think everyone chipped in, but since our Glorious Substitute Regent and most of the Inner Court is against lynching CeeCee for the moment, I think it's time we start debating our other candidates for today's lynch.

Personally I want to cover different bases and so I'd like to flip players a bit distanced from the CeeCee controversy, considering we are bound to get more information on that regardless of the result of today's lynch.

For that reason my main votes at the moment would be Terra and Ketkat.

I'll try to get a full reads list out before EoD, but unsure if I'll manage it.
I still strongly believe Ketkat is scum. Along with that you have the three players that are in Brazil's kill list but not Stan's as potentials (plus none of their play has been inspiring either) in Flux, Terra, and Turmoil. I'd also throw Geno in that pile since I think he overplayed his hand with CeeCee and showed his motives aren't genuine.

Quoting myself here, but I'd like for people to look this over now that we know Stan was town:
As reference, these were our kills lists from the last phase:
Also of note are Flux and Terra overlapping here. Generally though I think all three of the players not on Stan's list are worthy of suspicion so I don't think this absolves Turmoil.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How would a scum day vig work balance wise, would town have to have a BP or something?

This isn't a PR fish, Zeke. Don't claim if you're BP

Pretty much, yes. Or there would need to be more advanced roles like day doctors (what I did when I balanced the role.

——

Brazil i saw you mention him vaguely with some other people but I figured I should campaign a bit more because I feel like I'm one of very few pushing Flux and my other choice, Ket, already has a lot of people stannin for her death.

Is Flux on your radar? Or am I wasting my time?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
This is a really long post to say "please forget the part where I was calling for CeeCee's head before people started questioning those with that stance"
In my defense, I had woken up to that and was giving a lot of immediate reactions to the event. Once I had gotten the chance to settle down, as well as read through the things Sorian and Cabot were discussing, I felt like they had a good read on all of this, and I'm Town reading them a lot more than anyone concerned with killing CeeCee.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Brazil, this is your chance to prove to everyone that YOU have Town's best interests at heart; that YOU, are Town.

0ODs9PI.gif

In the interest of full transparency we all need to know you got to where you are now sans subterfuge.

Succession damns you, this is not only your but OUR as in Town's only chance to bypass the majority towards getting a confirmed and confessed killer off the proverbial board.

Cee must go and Town benefits the MOST if its done by your hand

My liege
From where I'm standing, there is no benefit in wasting a 100% town-controlled lynch - something you probably won't get another chance at in this game now that the overrider is dead - on someone who is most likely town.

Shooting CeeCee could maybe make you trust me more, but that's hardly what's in town's best interest. I'm in no hurry to prove that I'm town. I want to kill scum, and CeeCee isn't it.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Also, since Natiko is coming in with it hot. I disagree with with Geno 100% completely but I don't think that solidifies him as scum. He grew up in a different mafia community and he sees how specific things should go down differently. I don't think that is a clear cut case of overplaying a hand and being scum. It is however an easier position for him to take and hide in if he is scum.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
From where I'm standing, there is no benefit in wasting a 100% town-controlled lynch - something you probably won't get another chance at in this game now that the overrider is dead - on someone who is most likely town.

Shooting CeeCee could maybe make you trust me more, but that's hardly what's in town's best interest. I'm in no hurry to prove that I'm town. I want to kill scum, and CeeCee isn't it.

First paragraph calling it a 100% town controlled lynch.

Second paragraph saying there no need to prove that it's a town controlled lynch.

I understand the perspective but still weird to talk about it in two different ways

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017

Very well.

I defer to your wisdom. My excellency

Oct 25, 2017
At the risk of getting shot in the face by Ceecee tomorrow, I think the best course of action is to leave him alive today also. I know we kind of moved on from that, but I just wanted to make my stance known

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Plenty of difference between those two lists.
People in Brazil's but not in Stan's:

Zubz

Presumably there might be scum there, all of them voted for Stan too (Zubz technically didn't because of a misspelling, but the intention was there), so it doesn't seem like we could prioritize anyone based on that.
That's a very good observation. I'd completely overlooked Zubz's vote on Stan due to the misspelling.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Did I read the list wrong? Where's the overlap and why only three players not on Stan list?
Whoops - I should have actually cross referenced it myself. Was going off of memory from when Brazil and I spoke about this yesterday. Throw Zubz in the pile too, who's play has also been generally uninspiring. The overlap is between the two posts I quoted in which Brazil had the kill lists (so the players on his and not on Stan's) and then the ones he showed the reasoning (or lack thereof) for voting for Stan.

In my defense, I had woken up to that and was giving a lot of immediate reactions to the event. Once I had gotten the chance to settle down, as well as read through the things Sorian and Cabot were discussing, I felt like they had a good read on all of this, and I'm Town reading them a lot more than anyone concerned with killing CeeCee.
Even your explanation amounts to parroting. Just something I'm making note of, it's not enough that I scumread you currently.

Also, since Natiko is coming in with it hot. I disagree with with Geno 100% completely but I don't think that solidifies him as scum. He grew up in a different mafia community and he sees how specific things should go down differently. I don't think that is a clear cut case of overplaying a hand and being scum. It is however an easier position for him to take and hide in if he is scum.
I suppose that's a fair point, but generally speaking most instances I have seen of this (outside of maybe a lynch all liars instance) the ones pushing for a lynch while simultaneously prepping everyone for a town flip are often scum.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Whoops - I should have actually cross referenced it myself. Was going off of memory from when Brazil and I spoke about this yesterday. Throw Zubz in the pile too, who's play has also been generally uninspiring. The overlap is between the two posts I quoted in which Brazil had the kill lists (so the players on his and not on Stan's) and then the ones he showed the reasoning (or lack thereof) for voting for Stan.

Even your explanation amounts to parroting. Just something I'm making note of, it's not enough that I scumread you currently.

I suppose that's a fair point, but generally speaking most instances I have seen of this (outside of maybe a lynch all liars instance) the ones pushing for a lynch while simultaneously prepping everyone for a town flip are often scum.

I agree, which is why I think Flux needs to be on the table. He did the same as Geno but ducked once him and I got into it but his stance was the same as far as I can tell.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
People like playing mafia. People fear dying D1. Feelings are not rocket science
^^^^^

I don't think CeeCee is scum. I think it's possible CeeCee could be town or neutral. I struggle with seeing town here because it's not what I would have done and I don't think it was a good choice at all, but that doesn't mean it wasn't just CeeCee panicking and wanting to stay alive. Town makes bad choices all the time.

I am fine with Brazil choosing someone else today. I am wary of CeeCee's shots because that was bad judgment but that's a separate issue and not much there is to do about it.

p.s. I'm still missing about a page but things are about to slow down here so I can catch up. I have some more thoughts swirling that I'll get to then.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I agree, which is why I think Flux needs to be on the table. He did the same as Geno but ducked once him and I got into it but his stance was the same as far as I can tell.
Was it as overt? I must have missed him arguing he thought Cee would flip town. If someone can point me in that direction then honestly Flux would probably jump to the top of my list. Between trying to justify a lynch he thinks will flip town AND being one of the four not on Stan's list AND being a Stan voter with shaky reasoning it's hard to see even Ketkat above that amount of evidence.

Even tho Ketkat is probably also scum.

Oct 25, 2017
I saw a list a while back. I don't know if it was Brazil's kill list or not, but Turmoil was on it. Turmoil has basically zero presence in this game and that concerns me because I don't remember him being so far in the background before

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Brazil i saw you mention him vaguely with some other people but I figured I should campaign a bit more because I feel like I'm one of very few pushing Flux and my other choice, Ket, already has a lot of people stannin for her death.

Is Flux on your radar? Or am I wasting my time?
He is. Following the "voted for Stan out of nowhere" trail, he's probably the one that comes out of it looking the worst. His reaction when Monkey dared to imply that he was sheeping her was way out there.

You keep talking about "people that followed you." Don't pat yourself on the back too hard. I hadn't even remembered who you voted on until you started talking about this. My vote was made because I saw Zubz' and Blarg's red letters, and decided to go along.

It took over 300 posts until someone else put a vote on Stanley. That's not called "following." People are going to vote on the person you vote for; doesn't make you special.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Quoting this because yeah. Fanto backed far away from that stance
I'm allowed to change my mind in this game. Make a note of it, call it parroting, I don't really care. I've never seen a situation like this before. I'll give my immediate hot take reactions if I want to, and I'll gladly rescind them if people that read Towny to me are making sense to me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For what it's worth, I agree about Flux. His comment read as the most scummy to me about wanting CeeCee dead because it came without any reasoning behind it if I remember right.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
For what it's worth, I agree about Flux. His comment read as the most scummy to me about wanting CeeCee dead because it came without any reasoning behind it if I remember right.
Here were his two posts about the incident:
Okay. Well, nevermind that then. I'm honestly going to find time to really catch up later today before the deadline. I'd appreciate it if you didn't lay down the kill long before the day's deadline, new leader, so I could at least see everything that's going on properly.

But I think the CeeCee kill should be cemented, either way.
Again, "inactive player" doesn't make aby sense when they were preceded by Sophia, who was very active.

And here we have them killing someone in broad daylight that many people considered town enough to vote as the leader. And now you're going all "both sides," like we're to blame for CeeCee killing him.
The second one was in response to Terra, but it still has some thoughts on the kill in there. There really isn't much there about why to kill CeeCee though.

rac

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like rac wouldn't give us anything right now. But I'm all ears.
keep seeing stuff like this and i have to say its most likely that most of the arguments on day one are town v town right? and most of the screw ups are also probably by town right?

if you think im scum than kill me, who cares it leads

Oct 25, 2017
I'm allowed to change my mind in this game. Make a note of it, call it parroting, I don't really care. I've never seen a situation like this before. I'll give my immediate hot take reactions if I want to, and I'll gladly rescind them if people that read Towny to me are making sense to me.

This is basically the reason you scum read me at first. Just throwing that out there. I will note as well as your weird defensiveness here and earlier in this game.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
A caution to you: scum can argue pretty, too, so be careful.
A caution for you: you are allowed, but people will often read someone shifting to the preferred mood of the day as mafia.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
keep seeing stuff like this and i have to say its most likely that most of the arguments on day one are town v town right? and most of the screw ups are also probably by town right?

if you think im scum than kill me, who cares it leads
If I had strong feelings about you being scum I wouldn't make that point. I don't.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Was it as overt? I must have missed him arguing he thought Cee would flip town. If someone can point me in that direction then honestly Flux would probably jump to the top of my list. Between trying to justify a lynch he thinks will flip town AND being one of the four not on Stan's list AND being a Stan voter with shaky reasoning it's hard to see even Ketkat above that amount of evidence.

Even tho Ketkat is probably also scum.

Fantomas quoted the ones I'm thinking of a few posts up. He doesn't overtly say he thinks CeeCee might flip town so that's one step better but his posts read as if it's something we have to check as opposed to an actual read to me.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
A caution for you: you are allowed, but people will often read someone shifting to the preferred mood of the day as mafia.
Fine by me. If it's my preferred mood upon further reflection, then I'd rather agree with my Town reads then argue against them simply to prevent myself from being scum read for changing my mind. Read that however you want.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Just a heads up: when the clock hits 1h30 left, I'll have to leave for about an hour. I'll be back with around 30 minutes left to read through stuff and put the final word down. That way everyone can get in here and say their piece.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Here were his two posts about the incident:

The second one was in response to Terra, but it still has some thoughts on the kill in there. There really isn't much there about why to kill CeeCee though.
Definitely not the same issue as I have with Geno. This more reads to me closer to Fanto's reaction in that it presumes CeeCee should be lynched due to the shot. There's plenty of other points against Flux, bu
Fantomas quoted the ones I'm thinking of a few posts up. He doesn't overtly say he thinks CeeCee might flip town so that's one step better but his posts read as if it's something we have to check as opposed to an actual read to me.
Yeah, I mean it's not a great look - just doesn't ping my radar as high as Geno's did. Flux has enough points against him that I'd be fine with seeing him flipped because I think odds are he's scum. Personally I think my top three right now would be something like:
1. Ketkat
2. Flux
3. Geno
(since Brazil is asking for them ordered)

Oct 25, 2017
Scum
You, fantomas. There's something off about the way that you've been spreading doubt around on others. You are right that this is how I played conspiracy, but before when I was acting goofier, you were already talking about how similar it was. It feels like you've been throwing out a lot of reasons and seeing what others will latch onto. And I'm not sure I like it.

Quoting this also because I feel like no one really paid attention with it. Fanto was giving me some weird vibes throughout this game. I wasn't really sure of them because I've only ever played with scum Fanto and I didn't want it to come across as OMGUS, but he's been really aggressive and defensive for this whole game and it feels off. My one major concern about my Fran read actually was Fanto being the scum egging on a town vs town. Fanto throwing himself in me vs Fran has given me pause. If Fanto knew it was town vs town then he could latch onto to one side (Fran) and if Fran flips town first, he could just use that as an excuse to go after me harder. And if it goes the other way, Fanto can just say he messed up and go after Fran. I think Fanto even made a post about how he would change his opinion on Fran depending on flips.

I'm not going back on my Fran read. I still think he's scum. But Fanto has been giving me weird vibes, and I just wanted to get this post down in case I get iced today.

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
I'm generally ok with Faddy and malus, but Fran and Ketkat were also on my list. A I said in the last phase, I'm always treading the fine line when it comes to Geno, and I feel like rac wouldn't give us anything right now. But I'm all ears.

rac is still here, have some respect.

I'd personally be down for Ketkat, and after today I have come across as scum leaning again on Geno, so hes good. I see nothing good in Flux, so also a good choice.

I know that turmoil is in this game but thats it, I have no other memory of useful stuff.

I'm out for the last 3 hours of the phase, I've started the badminton back and I'll dominate it.

Winning

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Quoting this also because I feel like no one really paid attention with it. Fanto was giving me some weird vibes throughout this game. I wasn't really sure of them because I've only ever played with scum Fanto and I didn't want it to come across as OMGUS, but he's been really aggressive and defensive for this whole game and it feels off. My one major concern about my Fran read actually was Fanto being the scum egging on a town vs town. Fanto throwing himself in me vs Fran has given me pause. If Fanto knew it was town vs town then he could latch onto to one side (Fran) and if Fran flips town first, he could just use that as an excuse to go after me harder. And if it goes the other way, Fanto can just say he messed up and go after Fran. I think Fanto even made a post about how he would change his opinion on Fran depending on flips.

I'm not going back on my Fran read. I still think he's scum. But Fanto has been giving me weird vibes, and I just wanted to get this post down in case I get iced today.

I quite like Fanto. He's the Bill to my Ted.

giphy.gif

Admittedly he tends to agree with a lot of my thoughts. It's probably an ego thing.

Oct 25, 2017
I quite like Fanto. He's the Bill to my Ted.

giphy.gif

Admittedly he tends to agree with a lot of my thoughts. It's probably an ego thing.

I don't really think he's the way to go today. If I was townie that wasn't one of us three, I would want to flip Fran and me before Fanto tbh. But if both of us flip town, I really want town to take a closer look at Fanto.