• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
hello am parrot and id like to add myself to the flux kill support train

reasoning being he is one of the soft stan votes and i was theorizing them being meanies

and he had his start what was kk i thought but then he did the vanish and hasn't been that much of voice

no capital letters because i am almost zzz at 7 pm that is weird indeed

i could add terra here too but that'd actually mean id have to read his posts again and think and nononono

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
rac is still here, have some respect.
that's a deep cut already and yet we're still in d1. Dang.

UGH the quotes I had selected when I was on my home computer stayed there, I guess. I wish I'd just taken notes instead. Damn.

And Monkey called me stubborn.
Panicked. CeeCee was panicked. That much was clear. Why is a bigger question.

What can you call CeeCee who killed the player who majority wanted to be the leader?
I laughed very hard at this, I can't lie.
y'all are wrong

I think I forgot to say hi to nin. Hi, nin!

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing as some people want to lynch me I will just say that I can prove that I'm town tomorrow.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
People I wouldn't want lynched just yet that I can justify at least a bit, kinda ordered:

Sorian
cabot
Dr. Monkey
Brazil
CeeCee
Sawneeks
Blargonaut

People I don't want lynched just yet because of gutfeels/I'd have to review previous posts and I don't have that time (not really ordered):

malus
Pirate Bae
TheChuggernaut
Kyanrute

People I can't decide on/null reads, also kinda ordered:

nin (Hi nin!)
Fandorin
Fantomas
Faddy
Natiko
Fran
AbsolutBro
rac
Geno

People I wouldn't mind to see lynched today, also kinda ordered:

Terraforce
Zubz
KetKat
FluxWaveZ
turmoil7

I might walk some of those back before day end but those are my feelings atm, I think. I feel surer about the first/last groups than the middle 2.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure what to make of terra really, would like him to clarify his comment about blaming others for spooking CeeCee.
I think I recall him doing so - it was something about how he was arguing Sophia wasn't scum and to not bother with CeeCee. Someone will find the quote.

that's a deep cut already and yet we're still in d1. Dang.

UGH the quotes I had selected when I was on my home computer stayed there, I guess. I wish I'd just taken notes instead. Damn.

y'all are wrong

I think I forgot to say hi to nin. Hi, nin!
Yes, nin has joined and been a bit of nothing after replacing Kawl who was nothing. There's better leads to go off today, but it's something to watch.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I see no reason to kill ceecee, I think he is likely town, the biggest pushes for killing him were from Geno and Fran, although I have more experience with Geno than Fran, I could see both town them doubling down on it for some reason. OTOH I have problems with Geno's reason, he goes "you never let them go(possible neutrals/scum)"(I don't recall the exact wording) when arguing with Sorian. That motive doesn't sit well with me, looks like pushing a revealed truth down our throats. Kind of forced. Makes me think Ceecee is town, he is scum and wants to kill a power who could swing the game towards town. Also, if he is so keen on best plays, why didn't he vote for Brazil or Stan? Town abdicating from voting gives more power to scum in taking the decision.

CeeCee

Oct 25, 2017
I've gone off a bit on my Terra scumread. Would be on board with Ketkat who seems to be one of the most floated lunches.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, actually have the time to sit down with this instead of giving passive comments.
Hey, I used it on a scum read. My scum read was wrong, but that doesn't make it bad play.
So this was the crux of CeeCee's decision.

People are arguing that lynching him now would be a policy lynch because of the nature of his power, right? Is there really any guarantee that a Day Vig. would be town aligned in a game like this?

He claims to have unused shots. Would we even want someone who is so bad at shooting to still be left alive after this? Basically:
1) Claims Stan is a scumread, which he never said before.
2) Shoots Stan blindly to preserve himself, instead of claiming which would have kept him alive
3) Still hasn't given me more reads despite asking twice.

I'm leaning towards a town alignment for Sawneeks (hey, btw), because I like her in-depth observations, and she's one of the few who has the right read on me. People like to talk about low hanging fruit for CeeCee and such, but I think some of the people latching onto lynching me fit into that. That goes all the way back to the nonsense of "How can you even SAY that you don't want to be leader??" early on in the game.

All this pearl-clutching (official resetera phrase of 2019), go sit down in the corner you two. You're arguing a policy lynch for a role that needs to be town most of the time for good balance. You're also buying that bill of goods pretty quickly on 3-shots which already sounds ridiculous for a game this size when the easier play here is to lie and say you have more shots to eat a scum kill after you've expended your powers.

Geno, you like to pretend you're good at this but you follow a beginner's script.
Actually being able to think it through now instead of just calling it by impulse, this is still fully assuming that CeeCee is town-aligned "for good balance." It's already been brought up in this thread that there were scum-aligned Day Vigs in previous games. I'm not as experienced, but this strikes me as a dangerous assumption.

[Still catching up but wanted to post this here, damn is there a lot of talk]

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Alright, actually have the time to sit down with this instead of giving passive comments.

People are arguing that lynching him now would be a policy lynch because of the nature of his power, right? Is there really any guarantee that a Day Vig. would be town aligned in a game like this?

He claims to have unused shots. Would we even want someone who is so bad at shooting to still be left alive after this? Basically:

I'm leaning towards a town alignment for Sawneeks (hey, btw), because I like her in-depth observations, and she's one of the few who has the right read on me. People like to talk about low hanging fruit for CeeCee and such, but I think some of the people latching onto lynching me fit into that. That goes all the way back to the nonsense of "How can you even SAY that you don't want to be leader??" early on in the game.

Actually being able to think it through now instead of just calling it by impulse, this is still fully assuming that CeeCee is town-aligned "for good balance." It's already been brought up in this thread that there were scum-aligned Day Vigs in previous games. I'm not as experienced, but this strikes me as a dangerous assumption.

I understand you're still catching up, but there are way more reasons to think CeeCee is not scum than just balance. Either way Brazil already said he won't consider CeeCee today so you're just spinning your wheels here.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I just had the awful crawling suspicion that Sorian is a neutral, which is why he might argue for CeeCee as town for balance reasons, and why he's been so willing to make jokes about his scumminess (like the gut thing, like winking at me over our points of agreement) rather than just kinda half-bitterly commenting on the meme of Scummy Sorian as he's done in the past as town and scum. Sorian likes playing neutrals, iirc, that's his element. It would put him in a good mood. It would also give him knowledge that CeeCee is less likely to be neutral, since the game's not that big or wild.

There's nothing concrete to base this on but as I was ordering my list it was just a horrible thought.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
you seemed to have skimmed a couple of reasons other than balance as to why CeeCee isn't scum.
I understand you're still catching up, but there are way more reasons to think CeeCee is not scum than just balance. Either way Brazil already said he won't consider CeeCee today so you're just spinning your wheels here.
Still catching up, hold on. I'd rather say things as I see/think them at this point, since there's just a ton of stuff to wade through. If only to have my own personal trail I can check out.

Here are a couple of replies I was doing before I saw these:
Another thing to note: CeeCee didn't need to claim at all. His actions weren't revealed to the thread. He could of shot Stan, said nothing about it, and then left the rest of us scratching our heads.

By saying something, it tells me that he's at least trying to be somewhat transparent, and that makes me lean town.
This is the one thing that makes me think CeeCee could be Town.
For record keeping: who here is comfortable, at this point, letting CeeCee both live and do as he wishes with his shots. Many people wish to see him live but I am unsure if that wish has the condition of following orders or not.
I'm sure as hell not comfortable with it, but it's better than a mislynch for two town-aligned players dead on D1. I don't trust this "leaching" idea, either, unless it was formally treated as a secondary vote for subsequent days.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure what to make of terra really, would like him to clarify his comment about blaming others for spooking CeeCee.

The only thing Terra pinged on me is how defensive he got yesterday. How he reacted to the whole CeeCee thing didn't register with me at all.

Seeing as some people want to lynch me I will just say that I can prove that I'm town tomorrow.

Sure, at this point I don't think you were getting lynched anyway so I'm fine with you hanging yourself if this is a ploy.

They existed once in this game over here doesn't mean anything in a vaccuum. I already said what needs to happen for a scum day vig to exist and also already pointed out that them being able to shoot D1 means there would need to be some weird shit in this game and I just don't see it.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Still catching up, hold on. I'd rather say things as I see/think them at this point, since there's just a ton of stuff to wade through. If only to have my own personal trail I can check out.
???? Why do you need your own personal trail to check out?

I don't know if it's phrasing or what but that strikes me as a really odd thing to say.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I just had the awful crawling suspicion that Sorian is a neutral, which is why he might argue for CeeCee as town for balance reasons, and why he's been so willing to make jokes about his scumminess (like the gut thing, like winking at me over our points of agreement) rather than just kinda half-bitterly commenting on the meme of Scummy Sorian as he's done in the past as town and scum. Sorian likes playing neutrals, iirc, that's his element. It would put him in a good mood. It would also give him knowledge that CeeCee is less likely to be neutral, since the game's not that big or wild.

There's nothing concrete to base this on but as I was ordering my list it was just a horrible thought.

giphy.gif

I think CeeCee is less likely to be neutral because revealing your shot like that is a bit much even for someone impulsive like that but you do you

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica

Here are a couple of replies I was doing before I saw these:

This is the one thing that makes me think CeeCee could be Town.

I'm sure as hell not comfortable with it, but it's better than a mislynch for two town-aligned players dead on D1. I don't trust this "leaching" idea, either, unless it was formally treated as a secondary vote for subsequent days.
I don't think this "post while catching up" method is very effective or making you look good, specially with the odd swerve on CeeCee's towniness you seem to be doing here?

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
???? Why do you need your own personal trail to check out?

I don't know if it's phrasing or what but that strikes me as a really odd thing to say.
So I can get all of my fabricated stories straight and make sure I'm in line with my scum buddies in the scum chat.

Or because I like referring to what I was thinking at a given point in time, and relating my own view points to others as theirs update as well.
I don't think this "post while catching up" method is very effective or making you look good, specially with the odd swerve on CeeCee's towniness you seem to be doing here?
Alright, then I'll just make a post (or not) once I've gone through the rest.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
I think CeeCee is less likely to be neutral because revealing your shot like that is a bit much even for someone impulsive like that but you do you

He has done it before, revealed his neutral powers in Quarantine. And by not revealing all he does is set himself up for a lynch in the next day.

If Stan dies there and CeeCee doesn't claim it there are very few people who would actually believe him. This would be like Melon's thunderdome in Marvel, the timing ruled out a whole bunch of people because they would be asleep.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Guess we'll see what Fran's on about tomorrow. Flux's reappearance so far hasn't done anything for me.

I might see your point if the situation itself didn't indicate CeeCee is town anyways. Realistically I've never deigned to think I'm any good at reading Sorian. If he lives too long then he's probably not town-aligned. It's a rule of thumb that more often than not pans out.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, caught up. For now, I'll just say that it'll be pretty funny if I'm the one who gets lynched today.
It wasn't so much advice as a statement of fact. I don't feel good about your delayed reactions because it feels like you're trying to insert yourself into a conversation after the fact. One that I'd say isn't even relevant atm.
Yep, which is why I replied as such. Won't make a comment on anything that happened or was discussed while I was gone, then. What's the relevant discussion now?

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

You're killing me, dude. I'm already all frazzled and like OH GOD I DON'T REMEMBER HOW TO PLAY MAFIA and you are just feeding my paranoia.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
He has done it before, revealed his neutral powers in Quarantine. And by not revealing all he does is set himself up for a lynch in the next day.

If Stan dies there and CeeCee doesn't claim it there are very few people who would actually believe him. This would be like Melon's thunderdome in Marvel, the timing ruled out a whole bunch of people because they would be asleep.

I see what you are trying to say but the shot doesn't need to happen right then. CeeCee sparked that himself. He hit the hornet's nest himself and then fired when Stan didn't actually back down. He made the noise unlike melon in your example who had to act when she did.

I don't know much about quarantine so I can't really say much in that regard. I can say that not revealing now and claiming later means nothing, no one was going to take credit or counter claim because that just sets the liar up for a lynch (so Blarg maybe)

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You're killing me, dude. I'm already all frazzled and like OH GOD I DON'T REMEMBER HOW TO PLAY MAFIA and you are just feeding my paranoia.

I'm neutral and Grizzly just wrote my win con as "drive monkey into a paranoid stupor" I asked for clarification and he said to use my imagination. This is all I've got.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Who would you like Brazil to lynch?
In no order:
  • CeeCee: Screw it. Too many variables, was suspicious of Sophia/CeeCee from the start. Potential to hit a neutral (or scum), or otherwise reduces the risk of hitting a town PR (unless we are supposed to believe that CeeCee has 2 shots left). Sure, there's the play that scum will want to NK CeeCee because of the risk of having more shots or not, but after how today went down? Not sure that'd be their target.
  • Terraforce: Brazil and Sawneeks have put it better than I have, but it comes down to the fruitless confrontations and this weird attachment to making sure no one doubts CeeCee under any circumstances.
  • FluxWaveZ: For the sake of humor.
That's it.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't know what to make of that very blatant flip flopping on your CeeCee stance. You're self aware enough that none of it was a slip.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
In no order:
  • CeeCee: Screw it. Too many variables, was suspicious of Sophia/CeeCee from the start. Potential to hit a neutral (or scum), or otherwise reduces the risk of hitting a town PR (unless we are supposed to believe that CeeCee has 2 shots left). Sure, there's the play that scum will want to NK CeeCee because of the risk of having more shots or not, but after how today went down? Not sure that'd be their target.
  • Terraforce: Brazil and Sawneeks have put it better than I have, but it comes down to the fruitless confrontations and this weird attachment to making sure no one doubts CeeCee under any circumstances.
  • FluxWaveZ: For the sake of humor.
That's it.

CeeCee is your biggest scum read despite your second catch-up post? What do you feel after that whole discussion you inserted yourself into with seemingly no conclusion? Your previous suspicion overrides the arguments made in their favor?

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't know what to make of that very blatant flip flopping on your CeeCee stance. You're self aware enough that none of it was a slip.
Again, I was literally catching up with people's arguments and points. I woke up, saw that CeeCee had shot Stanley, went "wtf, we should kill him." Then left to do my real life thing, came back, and was able to properly process what went down and people's reasons behind it. So I could see everyone's stances, and why CeeCee even did it in the first place. Obviously, that'll make me think about what happened, and earlier I was just making quote trees in real time.

My final stance on that is what I described above. Town or not, I kinda don't even care, though a mislynch for 2 townies dying today would suck.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
CeeCee is your biggest scum read despite your second catch-up post? What do you feel after that whole discussion you inserted yourself into with seemingly no conclusion? Your previous suspicion overrides the arguments made in their favor?
"In no order"

And yes. But why are you continuing to harp on this? You yourself said that this is a moot and redundant topic because Brazil isn't going to lynch CeeCee.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Again, I was literally catching up with people's arguments and points. I woke up, saw that CeeCee had shot Stanley, went "wtf, we should kill him." Then left to do my real life thing, came back, and was able to properly process what went down and people's reasons behind it. So I could see everyone's stances, and why CeeCee even did it in the first place. Obviously, that'll make me think about what happened, and earlier I was just making quote trees in real time.

My final stance on that is what I described above. Town or not, I kinda don't even care, though a mislynch for 2 townies dying today would suck.

Well at least my read that this was policy more than anything was right.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
I see what you are trying to say but the shot doesn't need to happen right then. CeeCee sparked that himself. He hit the hornet's nest himself and then fired when Stan didn't actually back down. He made the noise unlike melon in your example who had to act when she did.

I don't know much about quarantine so I can't really say much in that regard. I can say that not revealing now and claiming later means nothing, no one was going to take credit or counter claim because that just sets the liar up for a lynch (so Blarg maybe)

I'm saying it is not an off the rails suggestion that CeeCee would do this as neutral but that is paranoia. I'm still pretty sure he is town. And if you want some more Sophia reads I thinks she is more likely to feel under pressure to use that role well as town and replaced out because she couldn't give her all. If she were neutral I think she would be more relaxed about the whole thing.

While Brazil is mulling over his options I looked at the game list. I still think Price is Right or Love Boat are good choices this early but Cthulu peaked my interest.

Call of Cthulhu – Season 3 game with unusual roles and unusual mechanics. Players could be turned insane by Lovecraftian monsters. Theme was Cthulu mythos.

If we are turning people Insane is it better to do it now rather than later? Or is this likely just to fuck with cop checks and best avoided.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017

Oh okay lol

Revised order:
1. Flux
2. Ketkat
3. Geno

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
While Brazil is mulling over his options I looked at the game list. I still think Price is Right or Love Boat are good choices this early but Cthulu peaked my interest.

Call of Cthulhu – Season 3 game with unusual roles and unusual mechanics. Players could be turned insane by Lovecraftian monsters. Theme was Cthulu mythos.

If we are turning people Insane is it better to do it now rather than later? Or is this likely just to fuck with cop checks and best avoided.

I don't remember Cthulhu. The insanity modifier was permanent? Because I wouldn't vote for that.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm saying it is not an off the rails suggestion that CeeCee would do this as neutral but that is paranoia. I'm still pretty sure he is town. And if you want some more Sophia reads I thinks she is more likely to feel under pressure to use that role well as town and replaced out because she couldn't give her all. If she were neutral I think she would be more relaxed about the whole thing.

If the thought is that it will mess up cop checks then no, it's better to do it later because then the cops might be dead but I don't think any of the normal games will be a mechanic that can only help one side. I think a lot (all) will be like this election mechanic where both sides could potentially benefit. The only one that gives me mild worry are those fake games like RNG mafia.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
[...] Another thing to note: CeeCee didn't need to claim at all. His actions weren't revealed to the thread. He could of shot Stan, said nothing about it, and then left the rest of us scratching our heads.

By saying something, it tells me that he's at least trying to be somewhat transparent, and that makes me lean town. [...]
A pertinent point

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Yikes, my actual town reads got much smaller as I was doing this list.
Town
cabot
Sorian (oh god)
Fantomas?
Sawneeks?
Kyanrute?

Don't lynch, no good reason to (these are in orderish from most to least certain):
AbBro
rac
Natiko
tumoil7
Pirate Bae
Fireblend
Fandorin
malus
Faddy
CeeCee
Blargonaut
Chuggernaut
Terra

Flux tier of uncertainty - will talk about this in a bit

Would lynch:
KetKat - KetKat isn't always super active, but this pattern of appearing and melting away when there's heat is concerning, but this flip also gives us reasons to explore why others did or did not support it, depending on result - I mean, always, but I think moreso with this one than others
nin - Kawl was inactive and I am a fan of lynching inactive Kawl. nin hasn't done much either. Problem is that this gives us very little. Would not be my first choice, but would not be a bad choice, either.
Geno - Geno has been super cagey and not exactly forthcoming with attempts to solve or more the game forward, which just compounds the first.
Fran - In the Great Fran/Chuggernaut War, I think Chuggs is more likely to be town. I had advocated leaving these two, but Fran has been pretty aggro. Would not mind the flip just for Fran's sake and also think it would be illuminating.
Zubz - I've really gone a long way from my initial Zubz consideration, but Zubz is a nonentity and I'm getting the sense of doing just enough to be apparent without making waves. I feel also like Zubz giving minor lip service to the idea of a no lynch reads like a cover - like look, I'm town Zubz, really!

I am salty because I felt very good about my Stan town read and his death has really destabilized the game for me. I reserve the right to change any and all of these tomorrow, pending today's events and reactions. -.-

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't remember Cthulhu. The insanity modifier was permanent? Because I wouldn't vote for that.

I believe the only actual insanity mechanic was that whole always post in haikus thing and I think it only lasted a day but Rats got targeted multiple times.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yikes, my actual town reads got much smaller as I was doing this list.
Town
cabot
Sorian (oh god)
Fantomas?
Sawneeks?
Kyanrute?

Don't lynch, no good reason to (these are in orderish from most to least certain):
AbBro
rac
Natiko
tumoil7
Pirate Bae
Fireblend
Fandorin
malus
Faddy
CeeCee
Blargonaut
Chuggernaut
Terra

Flux tier of uncertainty - will talk about this in a bit

Would lynch:
KetKat - KetKat isn't always super active, but this pattern of appearing and melting away when there's heat is concerning, but this flip also gives us reasons to explore why others did or did not support it, depending on result - I mean, always, but I think moreso with this one than others
nin - Kawl was inactive and I am a fan of lynching inactive Kawl. nin hasn't done much either. Problem is that this gives us very little. Would not be my first choice, but would not be a bad choice, either.
Geno - Geno has been super cagey and not exactly forthcoming with attempts to solve or more the game forward, which just compounds the first.
Fran - In the Great Fran/Chuggernaut War, I think Chuggs is more likely to be town. I had advocated leaving these two, but Fran has been pretty aggro. Would not mind the flip just for Fran's sake and also think it would be illuminating.
Zubz - I've really gone a long way from my initial Zubz consideration, but Zubz is a nonentity and I'm getting the sense of doing just enough to be apparent without making waves. I feel also like Zubz giving minor lip service to the idea of a no lynch reads like a cover - like look, I'm town Zubz, really!

I am salty because I felt very good about my Stan town read and his death has really destabilized the game for me. I reserve the right to change any and all of these tomorrow, pending today's events and reactions. -.-

Why does Stan flipping what you expected destabilize your list?

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
if CeeCee ends up not Town I'm holding up a big 'i told you so' sign. You can't stop me.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017

This is from before or after I said that I could prove my aligment?