• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Thank you, Brazil!

I totally forgot Ketkat's been holding out on Townreads. Call me simple, but she & Turmoil are my 2 main sources of suspicion currently.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Very close to locking in on CeeCee, but there's no real point to do it now. I'll wait.
What does this mean? I assume you wanted someone to ask you or you wouldn't have left this hanging.
And finally, Geno is a weird fucking pick. He's not the quiet no info kill because he played enough to get reads out on him. He peaced out for almost a full real life day because of a fight so he was missing actual read content near the end, and unless there was something super coded that I missed, he didnt even lightly hint at a claim. I can't see the justification at all and that's bothersome.
I have been chewing on this and my guess is protection avoidance. There were a lot of good potential targets for coverage last night but Geno wasn't one of them. Still weird though, because Geno was not particularly town read and and he was very shady at EoD.
@Fantomas What she is saying is you can totally, 110% always trust me. I would never, ever, ever backstab anyone.
You'd certainly never do it multiple times.
@Fantomas @Dr. Monkey @rac @Faddy @Pirate Bae @Brazil @malus

I want your guy's thoughts on these posts below.
Tricky. That first post, by Chuggs, feels to me like someone who doesn't know enough about game balance, which scans with the number of games Chuggs has played with us. Hell, I've designed games, and there are some calls on balance I couldn't make. So this is to say if you take it at face value, he's just probably wrong, and it's not really unusual for him to be wrong there. That post doesn't bother me much.

There's some weird inconsistencies in his other posts today, though, that I'm not sure how I feel about. Hard to read, though, because we've got yet another person who maybe claimed in an ill-advised way out of panic, panicking in response to the response, which is almost always going to seem scummy due to the self preservation aspect. Chuggs has the most posts so far today and I think every single one is about him - about how he should live, he should be killed, kill someone else specifically to protect him - that semi scum read on Fanto is only about Chuggs v Fran. And the claim only came about in response to demanding Fran prove himself.

It's a mess and I don't think Chuggs looks great, but the post you point out is the least of my worries on it.

As for the second post, by Febe, I don't know, to be honest. On the one hand, I like that Febe is going through and clearly explaining his thoughts, even if he knows they might not seem super palatable. On the other hand, I'm not sure about the directions he's going. I don't think he'd be my primary target today, or that I even scumread him at all, but he's someone I would watch here for the way he's thinking. Maybe he'll pull out some good conclusions. As yet, indeterminate.

My links probably don't work if you're suckers on 50ppp. I'm going to bed now, I think. I know I have a lot more to say tomorrow and some more quotes and things I have to respond to.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Town:
Brazil -
I'm still town reading him. He's been logical in his approach and consistently scum hunting. His kill didn't feel opportunistic, nor did it feel like he was just trying to appease the majority.
Fran - This is assuming we see the override. Generally speaking coming out with the power and voluntarily using it this early just screams town to me.
cabot - Nearly everything about his play Day 1 pinged my radar as town. The only issue I had was some of the way he was wording his approach to the leader and whatever kill they made. That being said those misgivings haven't really panned out today so I think it's a moot point. If I'm completely off base on my reads and one of Brazil or cabot is scum I could see a world in which they both are, but that's not anywhere near a likely scenario in my mind.
Fantomas - Pretty solid play all around, I like the consistent attempt to solve. I had a few moments of concern where it seemed like Terra and Fanto were overly defending each other, but given we know how that turned out on Terra's end it has made me feel better about my read on Fanto in turn. I also was concerned by Fanto's 180 on CeeCee but the explanation felt genuine.
Fireblend - I had very light town vibes from him early, but got a bit concerned when he faded into the background Day 1. As the day end approached though he came back and was actively prodding and trying to scum hunt. His stances were at times unique and he was paying good attention with some of the things he caught. I feel pretty good overall on him.

Lean Town:
CeeCee -
His play is a dumpster fire. That he lied in such a manner that set himself up for more additional scrutiny is baffling. But because of all those things, and because I find his play to go from "really bad" to "brazenly bold" if he's scum instead of town is why he's here. My confidence has slipped ever so slightly just because of the fake out, but unless we see even more excuses tomorrow I think he's fine here.

Dr. Monkey - I can't recall if I've ever actually played against a scum Monkey. I have played with a town Monkey that is overly concerned with nigh everything, and thus far this feels like that. My main point of concern was with some of the early hand wringing about not remembering how to play but that seems to have been more shitposting than anything.

Fandorin - Started a bit slower than I expected, but his play picked up some as the day went on. I'm hesitant to raise him too high frankly because after Marvel I'm well aware just how well he can fake being town. If we continue to see more solving from Fandorin (which I suspect/hope we will as we get to one day, maybe, hopefully have a normal lynch) then I'll feel more confident in my read here.

kyanrute - I actually liked his play Day 1 quite a bit. There was more of an attempt to solve than I recall from my early games with kyan (where he was always scum). Hoping to see more of him today (even restricted to a small sample size) to firm this read up more.

Null:
Sorian -
He hasn't done anything to ring my alarm bells, but frankly I'm not sure anything he's ever done has for me. Just going to leave him here until he dies or lives too long.

Sawneeks - Similar thoughts to Sorian in that I generally don't ever feel like I have a strong ability to read you. I've liked the consistent approach since Saw subbed in, but I feel that Scumneeks would have no problem faking that. I have had a couple things ping my radar like the overly strong argument for a non-town CeeCee even though the argument feels lacking and more recently the shade on fireblend. Just going to wait and see how my thoughts feel as we get further in.

malus - His play hasn't really given me much of anything thus far. I need more to work with honestly, plus he hasn't even shown up today. I do think he reacted fine to pressure Day 1, but at the same time he's generally picked easy topics to jump in on. I could see it going either way.

Blargonaut - You know, I was kinda feeling okay about Blarg at a few different points Day 1 when some glimmers of logic poked through the clouds of bullshit. Then Day 2 came and the forecast seems to be very, very cloudy. Need more time to chew through this one.

TheChuggernaut - I super, duper don't like the BP claim. Like - to the extent that it singlehandedly derailed my read on him. I actually was leaning town here but that claim is so bad and convenient as scum. Honestly we probably have to lynch here eventually now due to the claim, but he's better left alive for now since his claim is entirely possible to be town - just feels a bit rotten.

Pirate Bae - I actually don't think her play thus far has been particularly alignment indicative. Not to dive deep since it drifts into real life territory a bit too much, but I'm generally not surprised if she is too busy to truly dedicate much time to actively following the game. Wait and see here.

rac - I kind of hate everything about how he has played thus far, but I really can't peg what the reasoning behind it is. Feels too WIFOM to try and puzzle out if scum rac would be so blatantly flippant. For now null, honestly just not sure what to think.

Faddy - Am I the only one that feels like Faddy has been really reserved this game? I don't know if I'm just blinded from being the gamerunner on GOT, but his tone alone has me slightly concerned. It's not really something I noticed until I was reading back through the game, but once the thought entered my head it wouldn't go away. That said his actual points haven't concerned me too much. I don't agree with plenty of them, but I think I would actually be more alarmed if I did. Null, but inching towards scum. Definitely one to watch.

Zubz - Zubz falls into the group of players that I have the concern about between Stan voters/Brazil potential kills, but of the three remaining I just feel like they have the smallest presence. Zubz hasn't overtly concerned me the way turmoil and Flux have, but they also haven't done anything to make me town read them. Null, but trending towards scum.

Lean Scum:
nin -
I know this is going to sound weird - but I expect more from nin. He has been nearly a complete non-presence. Claims to have read and caught up, that he'd provide reads, etc. and provided literally nothing. His ghosting so far this phase isn't helping matters. Maybe he's just busy, but nothing about his play makes me feel good. Kawl didn't leave any good impressions either. The only thing keeping nin from being lower on this list is that my reasoning is basically just a shrug emoji since neither one of the players in this slot did fuck all.

AbsolutBro - About midway through Day 1 I felt alright on AB. He hadn't been much of a presence, but he seemed to be putting in work to catch up. He was posting some catch-up thoughts and overall while it didn't seem particularly useful, it felt like something scum wouldn't do when it wasn't gaining much of a response from other players. Where it falls apart though is he not only stopped that approach, but that time didn't get re-invested anywhere else. I've played with a scum AB before and this is starting to feel more and more like that.

Scum:
FluxWaveZ -
Same reasons as yesterday, nothing has really changed here. He's in that same group as turmoil, and pushed for CeeCee's death while simultaneously trying to justify it even if CeeCee was town. I was wrong on Geno, but just because the concept doesn't pan out 100% of the time doesn't mean it isn't a good rule of thumb.

turmoil7 - As I discussed yesterday turmoil fits the bill of a player that voted Stan with not much reasoning while appearing in Brazil's kill list which is a point of concern, but not conclusive. His posts feel generally lost and unsure at times which isn't strictly indicative of an alignment, but as I pointed out earlier coming out of the gates today with pointing out players he felt were softing PRs would imply the level of careful reading that he thus far had not really demonstrated. This alone raises him above the others that fall in that Stan/Brazil vote/kill group when you compare it to some of his posts Day 1 that were completely incorrect and seemed to come from someone not paying much attention.

Ketkat - Still sticking by Ketkat as my biggest scum read. She has been elusive all game. She started out with some weird stances, caught flak, and since then has been in a perpetual state of either MIA or defense. I've noticed very, very little attempt to solve. Feels to me like a player that wants to be out of the limelight and is hoping others will draw attention off of her. Today has only reinforced that.

TLDR:

Town:
Brazil
Fran
cabot
Fantomas
Fireblend

Lean Town:
CeeCee
Dr. Monkey
Fandorin
kyanrute

Null:
Sorian
Sawneeks
malus
Blargonaut
TheChuggernaut
Pirate Bae
rac
Faddy
Zubz

Lean Scum:
nin
AbsolutBro

Scum:
FluxWaveZ
turmoil7
Ketkat

Overall my vote is still keying in on Ketkat, but I'm not placing it yet due to the restriction (not that it'll actually do anything given the Fran situation)

Post #5

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland

cause Ketkat is right over there! *points dramatically*

Fran really went with a curious angle with the override. I don't necessarily buy that your first instinct of having such a role is to scream "that's me town, then!".

Also really hate his (and others) suggestion of testing CeeCee's shot on Chuggs. The most obvious glaring flaw being that there's no fucking way to prove it outside of a flip, because theres no public feedback and we have to rely on two not exactly reliable parties. Screw your dumb idea, Fran. Screw it in the nuts.

Fandorin was there a pasting error or did your reads list intentionally just have no description of your read on me compared to everyone else? hurt a bit.

Does that mean you're not sure on a town read and you want to talk to Fanto, or you're town reading him?

I'm town reading him currently.

[7/30]

Fantomas Dr. Monkey rac Faddy Pirate Bae Brazil malus

I'll get in on this. My take on Chuggs is roundabout Monkey's take, which is I think he's wrong but the argument doesn't feel like it's coming from a scum place. To be honest, I don't feel he's done anything to warrant changing Fran's mind so I'm expecting to see his flip, but today's posts make me lean town with a bit of doubt.

I can buy Fireblend's take to be honest. I had the same thing. I went through all of Brazil's posts overnight expecting to be very uncertain of him, but i came out town reading and feeling mostly good about him. So considering scenarios where Brazil is also Town makes sense currently. Like I said earlier, just wish the final hours of Day 1.5 were handled a little better for trying to question his options.

I'm townreading malus mostly, but I guess it should be asked malus , why didn't you vote for a modifier?

Waiting for more info from CeeCee, fairly frustrating but I figured there was a lie in his claim (not this particular lie though).

Can't even have a chance of a scum read of mine being killed today. What a damned mess.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
cabot He mentioned yesterday he had not played in any of them and wouldn't be voting. Source: My reread for that long ass post everyone on 50ppp is doomed to see numerous times for a bit. It was one of his last posts.

Are you referring to a specific scum read or just in general thinking Fran won't go in a direction that aligns with your thoughts?

Post #6

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
cabot He mentioned yesterday he had not played in any of them and wouldn't be voting. Source: My reread for that long ass post everyone on 50ppp is doomed to see numerous times for a bit. It was one of his last posts.

Are you referring to a specific scum read or just in general thinking Fran won't go in a direction that aligns with your thoughts?

Post #6

Ah, thanks for that.

So far, Fran has stated he'd shoot Chuggs with maybe a very slight chance of Sorian. I don't scumread either of these players currently.

Honestly, Ketkat, Pirate Bae are my current scum reads.

Wouldn't begrudge a shot on my uncertain reads, like Sawneeks.

I will say that Flux is giving me El Topo-style vibes in playstyle for me, which is he reads very scummy, but always flips Town.

Like a lot of his points are forgettable when its not about defending himself, but then there's stuff like not paying attention to Fran vs Chuggs that make me think he just doesn't have much of an investment in this game. It's not something I can see ignoring as scum.

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
I'm still not even sure Why Fran keeps assuring us he's town. We've all seen his claim and he's said he's using his override for his own target.

Is there even a point to reading Fran today when there's fuck all to do?

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Also really hate his (and others) suggestion of testing CeeCee's shot on Chuggs. The most obvious glaring flaw being that there's no fucking way to prove it outside of a flip, because theres no public feedback and we have to rely on two not exactly reliable parties. Screw your dumb idea, Fran. Screw it in the nuts.

I said the exact opposite thing. That it would be useless to try it:

I was thinking that CeeCee could shoot Chuggs today and we could clear if CeeCee and Chuggs claims are true, but CeeCee's shoots being untraceables would mean that we have no way to confirm anything if both of them are scum partners. So that would be a no go.

So far, Fran has stated he'd shoot Chuggs with maybe a very slight chance of Sorian. I don't scumread either of these players currently.

It was a joke. I even said that after the spoiler. I don't have a fixed target. It's true that there are some people that I want to lynch more than others but I'm not so stubborn that I won't listen what everyone have to say before taking a decision.

And you made me waste a post answering things that I already said before. Dammit, Cabot!!!

I will post some sort of a read list when I have more time in front of a PC.

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Argh. Ok, I'll take the hit on that. I read that first sentence but ignored the end.

I'll suggest Ketkat.

As I was praying for CeeCee to deliver pain on.

CeeCee still waiting for your post. More details please, perhaps some up to date top town/top scum reads.

CeeCee

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so:

I'm not sure I buy Fran's claim, but at least it's a fairly easily provable one either way so I won't dwell on that too much right now.

I always seem to read Dr Monkey as town regardless of whether or not they actually are, so the fact that they're one of my strong town reads is probably fairly meaningless but for what it's worth that's one.

I'm feeling fairly good about Cab being town.

Continue to have doubts about KetKat, and I'm leaning scum on Chugger. I wonder if the BP claim is an attempt to get out ahead of the fact that they seemed to be on a fair few people's scum lists.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
That's my kind of modifier.
I was going to try and fly below on this for a bit longer, but it seems that it'll derail the game too much since people are strategising about how to use my shot.

I can't shoot today.
Honestly this post makes me want to lynch CeeCee. He shot a town member in cold blood, and now that it's time to prove he's town he's suddenly unable to shoot. I guess an odd day vigilante could make sense, but still I wouldn't be surprised if he finds some other excuse in the next day phase to not have to shoot someone (Probably that he's actually 1-shot or something).

[7/30]

Fantomas Dr. Monkey rac Faddy Pirate Bae Brazil malus

Sawneeks and whoever wanted to know. If town has a 1 shot bullet proof then I feel like a day vig with three shots is kind of OP. I'm bad at balancing though so what the hell do I know. For what it's worth, I'm still leaning town for Ceecee which is why I wasn't really pushing for a Ceecee lynch yesterday. I'm just not sure about the shots, but what he's said about how he can't use his shots today makes me feel like he was kind of telling the truth
I'm not sure how one town BP would much improve a day vigilante. With that many players it seem unlikely he would hit that one. A town vig is not necessarily bad for scum, since the chance he hits town are still pretty high. Makes me question a bit why he didn't bring this up yesterday, when it was still a hot topic, but I guess he didn't have much pressure on himself then to claim and he also says he still leans town CeeCee so I wouldn't particularly scum read this quote just yet.

I have to work based on some assumptions, Brazil being town being one of them for the time being, mostly because I could've seen myself lynching Terra for similar reasons than he did. I had initially suspected him yesterday and wanted Cabot or Stan over him as a leader, so if I was scum it'd probably be better for consistency's sake to still scumread him, even more so after the Terra mislynch, but I turned around on him fairly quickly afterwards.
Seems kind of strange to mention what you "should" do as scum to then say you did something different. Reads to me like "Scum would do this. I didn't do this therefore I can't be scum". But why even mention this at all if you're talking about yourself? Gives me a bit of a strange feeling about Fireblend.

Fran comes off as town to me today. He sounded pretty confident to have proven himself until Sorian brought up the idea of a scum universal backup. I guess if he's really an overrider now there's not much we can do about it today anyway.

Just as a side note, with Terra flipping vanilla my point from last day phase about SSWs vote is now void, which makes me feel much better about Fantomas.

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
I'm going to mega post now, because my numbers are dwindling and I'd like to go through the day phase so far with some questions. There will be blood name mentions.

RIP Geno/Faddy, at least no a PR

I expected Flux or Fran to die due to PR hints, probably they weren't because fear of a doc save?

Not sure if this is a curse or a blessing

absolutbro careful of not getting modkilled

As others have said, this is a weird one. It's a weird thing to specifically look for PRs (referring to both comments around Geno and Flux/Fran), and it's even weirder that you openly stated you think someone has a PR. I'm not really seeing much reason for a town-aligned person to do that as you have in this post.

turmoil7 do you want to expand on your thoughts here a little to try and walk me through?

Can we agree to not place votes at least for the first 24hs(if possible, if real life calls then no problem)

On post #2054 fireblends kill list was Terra, Flux(PR hinted), me/turmoil, zubz

If flux is town I say we have to look at this

I don't want to lynch flux at least for this day phase, we can work with his hint claim in the future, if he is scum he can't claim vanilla anymore so with more info on the setup we could work his alignment.

I'm still processing Fran's claim, so you are the Overrider now?

2/30

Why are you focusing on Fireblend's kill list here?

Also, why didn't you think CeeCee would die?

On Geno's kill, I initially thought low info. He was active and also scumread, but he was fairly detached from the game's inner meat and had very little real info to work with. His rather cautious approach to the leadership was very out of character, considering how headstrong he was in following through with the method. I guess I could see the scenario of scum suspecting Geno was a PR with this play, so possible PR hunting.

Fran looking at your joke post I'm afraid it isn't very clear you were actually joking about shooting Chuggs. It looks like you joked out then cancelled the joke with the two spoiler tags. What I find really weird is that Chuggs claimed before you confirmed your intention for how to play the override. I'm really not sure how to read that, but its reading to me as more negative than positive. There is no real reason to claim BP as town, and it shouldn't be a reason to hesitate flipping Chuggs.

Ketkat starts the day yet again defending herself from Fanto and not doing anything else.

You're weirdly pre-occupied about Flux apparently hinting at a PR. I never did this.

I'd normally wait for a reply before elaborating, but we're at a limit, so I think I know what you're talking about. But you know how each of us has a role name of another person? Well, yeah...

I guess I must have overlooked that Fran apparently wanted you dead the most last phase...? I'm not sure how I would have glossed over this.

2/30

I do townread this post. He picks up on the PR thing and again as I said, the ignorance of Fran/Chuggs is reading as uninvested to me, which I'd consider town more than scum.

Sawneeks what do you think of Chuggs prematurely claiming before Fran announced his plans? Can you expand on why this doesn't affect your town read of him?

Was totally wrong about my reads. Sorry, Geno.

I see no reason as to why Fran would lie. He seems confident that he'll be able to prove it today. Chuggs seems fine as well. I don't think he needed to claim just yet but it was probably an inevitability today, with Fran's claim and all (if it's true, which I think it is).

I'd like to hear more from rac today. He hasn't much of a presence in the thread. Turmoil, too. Both feel like they're just kind of coasting.

Fantomas, why do you want to lynch Ket today? She's playing as she normally does; I haven't seen anything particularly scummy from her.

This post is weird. First of all, I don't really think the argument on Fran is on whether he is lying or not. How many people currently doubt Fran has an override? It's about whether he's town and whether the case Fran makes about scum having an override makes any sense (subsequently debunked by Sorian because he was never an override. He is a backup). The complete avoidance of alignment speculation here is very strange.

Apologising for having a wrong read on Geno is something I think scum like to do more than Town, a little more speculative but in my opinion it seems more likely as a scum thing.

General comment on rac and turmoil on coasting. Considering what turmoil posted at the start of the phase, it feels particularly lazy.

Ends on a not-scum read on KetKat. I remember seeing Ketkat in a game previously where she was town and she was solving, asking questions and generally being pretty engaged and useful to the thread. She's done none of that here. It's been mostly defending and absence.

Her follow ups aren't anymore inspiring:

Did you ever explain your reads on Geno or Zubz? Geno is flipped now but I would still like to hear your thoughts.

3/30

I know it's a little amusing that I'm calling out people for benign questions, but I like to think I also offer something more with the odd bit of analysis etc. on top of it. These are boilerplate, and frankly feels like a waste of two limited posts.

As I caught up, I see this about Fran:

tbh I'm gonna have to go reread that whole argument because I didn't really read it and I don't remember much of it.

For the record, Fran, I think you're more likely to be town than anything else. I was just explaining Sorian's logic.

Pirate Bae , can you give me examples of Ketkat being town to you please. Can you also explain why you think Fran is town right now.

[2/30]

I don't understand this post. Is it because Terra died? If so, I understand it, but it seems a bit forced.

I don't understand this one either. No elaboration needed, just, I feel like people are shifty-eyes-ing one another here and I'm out of the loop.

I still think the list of "people who voted for Stan and where in Brazil's kill list" holds some water, although evidently Terra wasn't scum. Still willing to wager there's probably scum there and it'd be my first place to look.

Fireblend can you give me one example from Brazil's list with a deep dive of thoughts and reasons why you would lynch them please.

I didn't have a top two Town to be honest. I do think the way that you were scumreading me originally was suspicious. A lot of people do lean into meta reads pretty hard, but it's odd to see that meta read be from meta that doesn't exist. Like, I never ever think of my own posts as goofy in any of these games outside of the beginning of this one. I'm often overly serious if anything.

As of right now, I'm still mainly suspicious of both you and CeeCee. But, if CeeCee shoots someone today that we want, then that might help alleviate some concerns there. I think outside of you two, I want to look towards the Day 1 votes for leaders with the information that we have now. But, that's kind of hard to do since it's entirely possible that Brazil is town as well, and it was just scum voting wherever for fun. Geno's vote was just on himself early on in the day and never moved, so that doesn't tell us a whole lot there.

Fantomas specifically calls out KetKat for not knowing much of what she thinks because she doesn't give us much to work with, including a top two town. KetKat responds by saying she didn't have a top two town at that point, then never gives any other town read. Just throws shade at Fantomas (which right now feels like a barren OMGUS more than anything) and CeeCee, who I guess she is afraid she'll be shot by him?

CeeCee If you're planning on shooting someone, can you give a bit more of a heads up before you do it this time?

I guess I'll ask then. What exactly is your role? You said you would be happily leashed, but the reason some people avoided you is because they thought they could use that shot today.

So again, it's not a scumread made up of anything other than self preservation.

Most of this post is wishy washy with no hard stances taken, it's all theoretical 'well if x is town then y but…' and just feels really detached.

Ketkat , can we have that Top Two Town or a basic reads list.

Thought: We have a vig, we have a claimed BP. We can test the BP, and assuming TheChuggernaut survives we can be pretty sure TheChuggernaut is town (unless we think there are enough kill shots/powers to force a scum BP, which I find unlikely). It isn't the best use of BP or a vig shot, I admit, but it means we don't override to a town PR.

it's late, I'm going to finally feed myself after feeding all the animals. back in a bit

Ok, absolutbro was the one to suggest this idea. This is a bad idea AB and you should feel bad, sit in the bad corner with Sawneeks where you both feel bad please.

Alright I'm here and will post a bunch and I really like this weird ass modifier.

But I want to burn a post to be incisive about it cause this is really nagging me right now:

I believe Fran inherited Stan and now has a override, since like others have said who would lie about something like that? But why the hell did he claim so soon considering he was among the players doubting CeeCee's claim last phase? After all, if CeeCee ended being scum after all, he could've just shot Fran in the face and once again squandered yet another town override.

Quite a bit after Fran claimed, CeeCee inavertedly reveals that he can't shoot today and stops posting for RL reasons... I gotta say this is really working up my paranoia.

Of course, Fran's claim and excitedness is reading REALLY townie right now, plus why the hell would scum link themselves like this so soon into the game? But my god.

I kind of feel like Fandorin is quite eager to kill CeeCee, following up from his initial posts after his claim. Feels to me like he's just looking for a credible reason to hop back on that train.

Brazil, I don't have as much trust in your brother as you do.

[6/30]

????

Why would you look there now? This is entirely relying on Brazil being Town and we have no way of knowing that. Unless you know Brazil is Town because you're Scum.

Why? Neutral/Scum!CeeCee would have everything to gain by wasting a shot for us. Whether he follows us or not doesn't mean a thing about his alignment.

Fantomas What she is saying is you can totally, 110% always trust me. I would never, ever, ever backstab anyone.

Why are you dodging answering why you doubted the 3-shot claim if you were a 1-shot BP?

Testing the BP and confirming it doesn't mean anything for Chuggs. If (for some reason) CeeCee IS Town then Scum having a BP makes perfect sense and would highly implicate Chuggs.

:x

Myself and one other (may have been Fanto) noted how Geno was acting very sketchy the last Day Phase and how he may have been hiding something. With Scum knowing Geno wasn't one of them they could have easily interpreted that as him being a PR trying to stay alive.

I quite like this post from Sawneeks. It's probably the post I've liked the most from her in a while. Mainly around the questions for Chuggs, debunking the test CeeCee's shot on Chuggs theory and following my thoughts on Geno possibly being a scum PR hunting target.

I think she's dead wrong on CeeCee, but at least I have some good to go with that bad.

Why would you expect Flux or Fran to die over a proven day vig? Or someone with far more town cred than either of those two?

If they wanted a low info kill there were players like myself that would give literally 0 information about anything due to a lack of meaningful interactions. Geno had actual conversations.

I'm suddenly having Batman Mafia flashbacks, to a sniper that took days to set up a shot that never came, because it was all a lie... granted, Stan did die so that's at least something. But a day vig that can't shoot twice in a day, can't shoot consecutive days and doesn't claim in thread? crazy

Thank you. I'm glad I'm not the only one questioning the Geno pick instead of being all "that makes sense". No, it doesn't. I'm going to be the one to say it: It makes me wonder if Geno was the actual target.

absolutbro I don't agree on Geno and I've stated why above, but to answer your question regarding why didn't they kill you as a low info kill:

Scum need to get a balance between low info and good kills. Frankly, scum need to keep players alive who they can mislynch. I'd categorise you and a few others as easy mislynches as opposed to useful Night Kills.

Geno is a sort of low info kill, though I still think it was likely PR hunting.

Well, I was thinking of a scenario where he doesn't waste a shot. For instance, he offered to be leashed and go along with what the group wants. If the group picks someone, and then CeeCee goes against the group, there is possible information to be gained there when either of them flips. If CeeCee ends up being scum, there's a possibility that he was avoiding a teammate or something like that. If he just hits scum, then I would have a better feeling about him in general because that would be a huge jerk move to shoot a teammate like that.

It's not the most solid stuff to glean from it, but there is information to gain besides just whoever is flipped from the shot. Although at this point, I don't think he's a 3-shot DayVig at all.

This is the most invested Ketkat has been in this game, and it's over someone who may or may not have the ability to instantly kill her.

[2/30]

Good point on possibly Scum! BP Chuggs. That totally slipped my mind but it's a very simples conclusion. Point is moot thought since we wouldn't know if CeeCee took a shot or not anyway.

But I wonder if Scum! Neeks would be this cheeky and outright explain her team's (flawed) reasoning for killing Geno so soon like this. Definitely not a good idea to go down this WIFOM road, so I'll leave it at that.

Nah man, that Sawneeks comment is a waste right now. It's not alignment indicative to speculate how all sides of the game play out a scene.

I don't think Ceecee's Scum, but I do think he's a liability. And I think Fran may be Scum. Admittedly, I've never seen Universal Backup in action, but also, we have no proof going for us outside of Fran killing The Chuggernaut... which is also bad, as I don't think Chugg's Scum. The fact that Fantomas is triangulated in all of this is intriguing, though.

2/30

Zubz can you expand on this proof bit, why does Fran have to kill Chuggs?

Why is it interesting that Fantomas is triangulated in? Expand.

I don't think Chuggs is lying about being a BP (see post to Fanto below). This means one of two things:

1. CeeCee is lying about being an X-shot, or even whatever condition he has placed on him where he can't shoot today. So Chuggs is just shit out of luck if Cee decides to shoot him, and then scum try to kill him, or he gets lynched, or whatever. One side would be stronger than the other, and I don't think Grizzly likes to be unbalanced. All of his games have been fair.

2. Chuggs is lying about the nature of his role. I do believe that he's a BP, but if CeeCee isn't lying, it's likely that Chuggs is. Either he has to choose to activate his BP, or it's an X-shot (which I think is unlikely, because that would be stupid OP). Or, he has some kind of condition that activates his power. I'm not sure what that would be, but it would have to offset such a strong role as a day vig.

Either way, we don't have enough information without flipping either one of them. I'd pick Chuggs between the two of them.

This post is fairly meaty from Pirate Bae, though I don't agree with most of it. I just want to point out how advantageous it is to scum to lynch between a Town BP or a Town Vigi.

how many people in this game are like this?

why aren't you scum reading me?

Not to answer for Fantomas, but you've been at least giving your thoughts through this game, and in this very post. I have a rough idea where you sit in most of the big situations that have happened so far. Not so for Ketkat, aside from she is quite interested in CeeCee.

This is the end of my megapost. Please destroy it once you have read it.

(you guys thought 30 posts would save you. How I laugh)

CeeCee , are you just going to skate by details of why you can't shoot? You did promise information...

malus

Oct 30, 2017
Also just so it doesn't get lost:
Geno's scum list was Fireblend and Zubz
Zubz or Fireblend for me, although you probably won't shoot Fireblend.

He also had some suspicion on Kawl/Nin/???
Firstly, I think you are reading stuff I never wrote. Secondly, my thoughts have changed, but not enough for me to definitively say if someone is scum or town. Right now Fireblend and Kawl is all I need.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
[8/30]
Thanks for getting those thoughts out, guys. Appreciate it <3

Sawneeks and whoever wanted to know. If town has a 1 shot bullet proof then I feel like a day vig with three shots is kind of OP. I'm bad at balancing though so what the hell do I know. For what it's worth, I'm still leaning town for Ceecee which is why I wasn't really pushing for a Ceecee lynch yesterday. I'm just not sure about the shots, but what he's said about how he can't use his shots today makes me feel like he was kind of telling the truth
So...hang on. You feel like a DayVig with 3-shots is too much and are unsure about whether CeeCee was telling the truth about his shot count. Despite that you feel he is Town - why? Wouldn't an overly powerful Vig claim on top of what you feel is a lie lead you to think he is NOT Town?

I have to work based on some assumptions, Brazil being town being one of them for the time being, mostly because I could've seen myself lynching Terra for similar reasons than he did. I had initially suspected him yesterday and wanted Cabot or Stan over him as a leader, so if I was scum it'd probably be better for consistency's sake to still scumread him, even more so after the Terra mislynch, but I turned around on him fairly quickly afterwards.
So your entire defense here is, 'it would've been easier for Scum!Febe to just keep scum reading him'?

That's….not much of a defense. And if that's your reasoning for doing a 180 on Brazil then your insistence on him being Town in order to look at those two lists is scummy as heck.

Well, I was thinking of a scenario where he doesn't waste a shot. For instance, he offered to be leashed and go along with what the group wants. If the group picks someone, and then CeeCee goes against the group, there is possible information to be gained there when either of them flips. If CeeCee ends up being scum, there's a possibility that he was avoiding a teammate or something like that. If he just hits scum, then I would have a better feeling about him in general because that would be a huge jerk move to shoot a teammate like that.

It's not the most solid stuff to glean from it, but there is information to gain besides just whoever is flipped from the shot. Although at this point, I don't think he's a 3-shot DayVig at all.
As Scum denying a shot that is picked by the community would seal not only the shooter's fate but the person they refused to shoot as well. It would be much more beneficial at that point to take a shot at a teammate and use that positive credit to ride out the game. They'd have to survive an eventual 'CeeCee shot Scum why aren't they dead yet?' point but it's a much easier bargain than just throwing it away like that.

If he's not a 3-shot DayVig what do you think he is?
I don't love this bit of shade from you, especially given I know you're a strong enough player to recognize that you can't operate in this game assuming every non-confirmed player is scum. Sure the possibility should always be considered, but early on especially you have to try and work with what you believe to be the most likely situation until you get more facts.
And I'm not necessarily disagreeing with that sentiment but there's two problems with Febe's argument.

1) He wasn't even sold on Brazil being Town on Day 1, something he admitted himself. The only reason he flipped is because he took a shot he would have done (killing a townie) and going against his initial Scumread would've been 'a lot easier' if he was Scum. Now if Febe came out and had been Townreading Brazil since Day 1 I would say this is different but he essentially did a 180 with a strong enough conviction to take Brazil out as a possible Scum player. That's a big change for little reason.

2) I get you can't operate in this game assuming everyone is out to get you but there is a big difference between Town reading someone and sort of trusting them enough and giving them space to trusting someone so much you think that players who were against them are Scum. The former you can keep in your peripherals as you play while the latter is resting on a lot of trust for someone you aren't 100% sure of.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
These make no sense

Why would you expect Flux or Fran to die over a proven day vig? Or someone with far more town cred than either of those two?

If they wanted a low info kill there were players like myself that would give literally 0 information about anything due to a lack of meaningful interactions. Geno had actual conversations.

I voted for this one because on Wednesday night's I'm playing in a Call of Cthulhu game. My character died last week, eaten by a Hunter in the Sky. Good a reason as any, right? Right.

There is 0 indication of what each modifier is based on game title, so I'm not sure why you're discussing it like it is.

Yes, I would have seen that without you wasting a post...

I'm suddenly having Batman Mafia flashbacks, to a sniper that took days to set up a shot that never came, because it was all a lie... granted, Stan did die so that's at least something. But a day vig that can't shoot twice in a day, can't shoot consecutive days and doesn't claim in thread? crazy

I did say it wasn't a great use of BP or a day vig shot.

Thank you. I'm glad I'm not the only one questioning the Geno pick instead of being all "that makes sense". No, it doesn't. I'm going to be the one to say it: It makes me wonder if Geno was the actual target.

I wasn't jumping straight to switch shenanigans but yes, its on the list. The other weird possibilities are scum saw something as a PR claim that no one else seems to have seen (someone else said he was playing "guarded" or "safe" or something and they might have went for that, I think that's too tenuous) or Geno was just right about a large amount of what he wanted to lynch. CeeCee obviously was the big one but it feels like such WIFOM to go down any of these roads. I noticed that Monkey said maybe they were trying to protection dodge, I feel like there were better choices easily but I think all this is to say, we should keep in mind this kill was weird but that doesn't really matter right this second on only day 2 of the game.

Now to catch up with some posts in here. I'm trying to limit myself because I want to be able to get a lot of quotes into one and save as many of these precious posts as I can.

The reason it feels to me like you're winging it is that you're opinions generally feel like they are coming from someone who is only half paying attention to the game. Otherwise, if I think of you as Scum, they also kind of feel purposely misleading/confusing, so I'd rather like to test that out in my mind instead of continuing to give you the benefit of the doubt. Since this unique day phase is obviously going to keep things from getting up to 2000+ posts again, I would hope you can find the time to be as thorough as you usually are, because I'd like to see it.

I responded to her earlier, assuming you probably saw it by now, but just in case you didn't this is the crux of my read on her:

Basically, I'd say that the content of Ketkat's posts are easily less towny than anyone in the game, so I see her as the scummiest person in the room.

I don't want to go down the meta hole too much, but "goofy" probably wasn't the right word, I'll agree to that. I honestly don't think I can sum up what it is with one word without busting out a thesaurus though, so it's whatever.

Do you have a top two Town now?

What do you think of CeeCee now that he has revealed that he cannot shoot someone else today?

When you get the chance, I'd like to hear why if you don't mind, or at least link me back to a spot where you went over him before if you don't have any new reasons.

hmcYuZ2.gif

I don't know shit about balance either, so I don't have much to say about the first part.

From what I remember while rereading Chugg last night, he was initially thinking that CeeCee was Town, later on he made a post saying he was feeling worse about CeeCee, then far later he came back and made a note that he was on the side of people who wanted to keep CeeCee alive.

I think in the last part of the post he is saying that he believes that CeeCee does have more shots but is being restricted from using them, and that this makes the face-value claim of X-Shot Day-Vig more believable to him. I'd agree, yeah, I hadn't considered the idea of an odd-day modifier on it like Sorian mentioned above, so that would make sense to me.

D4Ue8fS.gif

I think he's saying that he had been scum reading Brazil, but that now he is Town reading him because he could see himself having picked Terra as well, and that if he (FB) was Scum he would stick with scum reading Brazil for consistency's sake instead? That was kind of a hard post to parse, but I think that's what he's saying. It reads a bit self conscious perhaps, and I don't really know if he needed to try justifying that as hard as he did to you.

Flux has been sheeping a lot of people's opinions throughout the game and kind of leaving the ideas hanging when there's no one talking about them anymore. The Sophia stuff right before she replaced is what put her on my radar but he's done it with a few things like some of the leader votes that were put forwards. Flip flopping back and forth with the wind on CeeCee's claim and how to handle him. Even today feeding a soft PR and/or name claim (which I still think no one followed up on when I asked about it) which is less since there's a post count today but it certainly doesn't make me feel better.

------

Read the other posts but not a whole lot going on, just people getting a lot of reads out. I went back and took a look at Fireblend since so many brought him up and I'll admit I was mostly giving him a pass for now because I'm used to him having spurts of activity in between lots of inactivity but I do notice that hasn't really happened and the content he has put forth hasn't been much so I see where those are coming from.

I also see Pirate Bae being brought up a few times, she's seemed.....fine? Fine seems like the best I can say. Not a lynch I would stop but she is playing within her normal range to me. It's hard to tell if she is being inconsistent or just going through the thread a lot and re-evaluating so that's kind of my only hiccup.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
4/30

Just replying to these, not catching up with other stuff yet:

D4Ue8fS.gif

I think he's saying that he had been scum reading Brazil, but that now he is Town reading him because he could see himself having picked Terra as well, and that if he (FB) was Scum he would stick with scum reading Brazil for consistency's sake instead? That was kind of a hard post to parse, but I think that's what he's saying. It reads a bit self conscious perhaps, and I don't really know if he needed to try justifying that as hard as he did to you.
That's what I said. I feel like the "hard justification" was just a followup to Sneek's assertion of "scum would know Brazil's town", with me replying with the way I'd think scum would do with that knowledge. Obviously that's projected into me in my reply because I'm the one replying.
Seems kind of strange to mention what you "should" do as scum to then say you did something different. Reads to me like "Scum would do this. I didn't do this therefore I can't be scum". But why even mention this at all if you're talking about yourself? Gives me a bit of a strange feeling about Fireblend.
Read above. Maybe I overdid it because of the post constraint and I wanted Sawneeks to take my idea seriously - I do think there's merit on working based on assumptions until we get better ones or they're disproved, in this case those 3 players I'll keep an eye on.
So your entire defense here is, 'it would've been easier for Scum!Febe to just keep scum reading him'?

That's….not much of a defense. And if that's your reasoning for doing a 180 on Brazil then your insistence on him being Town in order to look at those two lists is scummy as heck.
Yes. Not only Scum!Fireblend, but Scum!anyone, if they were in my shoes and had made the posts I made. I'm not even sure it's a defense, I was just playing along with your Scum!Fireblend-would-know-Brazil-is-town scenario. Seems unfair to lead me down that road and then harp on me when I play along with the hypothetical. And again, insistence is a bit of an exaggeration. I said I'd like to keep an eye on them and still found them worth "not letting go", you asked me about it and I replied saying that obviously some assumptions were needed because this is not a perfect information game.

cabot, your post formatting sucks, I'm not quoting it and chopping it up so I can reply to a one-line question. Anyway, I think I still suspect Turmoil above all. Today's posts doesn't sit right with me if, as I suspected, it's based entirely on Terra flipping town. Then there's what I pointed out yesterday after I made the list; Turmoil voted for Stan shortly after their lists had been posted, and I stay by my theory that people voted for Stan either out of self-preservation or because they wanted to see someone on their list killed. And the timing of turmoil's vote screams self-preservation to me.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Sawneeks

I was reading through Monkeys post and mostly nodding along with it.

I havent got scum from chugs at all in his play. Day 1 I was reading him town due to his tone and aggressive stances. I was surprised Fantomas was pushing a scum read on him.

Fireblend taking a hard stance that Brazil is town just for the shot, it is a weird take because scum Brazil had many options and could easily find a town to hit. The fact that Brazil did not really threaten anyone else or show signs of pressuring elsewhere makes his claim he was evaluating other shots dubious. Remember he held it until the end of day and only questioned Terra, like he had made up his mind before Terra responded so nothing he said perhaps outside of claiming a PR was going to change his mind.

Fireblend has been quite elusive the whole game, throwing in comments here or there. He isn't where I would push today but I don't have him in my top town.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sucks to see nin go like that. He even said he was keeping notes about everyone too. I confess I now have thoughts that both Kawl and nin couldn't keep up with the thread and scum chat at the same time, but I'll try and suppress these until we see something from the replacement.

This either means that we'll beat scum together, or that I'll get killed just as I'm about to realize his true alignment, and then he'll get caught as the last remaining scum.
That's a good breakdown of what can happen when we're playing together haha.
Good read on me too and I don't see Scum! Brazil coming up with a town read on me in such a roundabout way.

I totally forgot Ketkat's been holding out on Townreads. Call me simple, but she & Turmoil are my 2 main sources of suspicion currently.

This post is so weirdly phrased. Saying you "forgot" that KetKat was "holding out reads" makes it sound like a objective fact. And that is the main reason for your scum read too? Did you interact with her on this matter previously?

cabot I wouldn't quote that post with a ten-inch pole. Not sure why you think I'm fixated on killing CeeCee. The post you quoted is much more about Fran than it is about CeeCee, since he's the one that claimed a dangerous role for scum with a suposely still armed Day Vig. alive. I have no qualms with keeping CeeCee alive this phase, even if he doesn't give us a good explanation on why he can't shoot today.

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
you think you can all mock my formatting without retort because of a silly post limit?

y'all wrong, and ya basic.

That's my kind of modifier.
Honestly this post makes me want to lynch CeeCee. He shot a town member in cold blood, and now that it's time to prove he's town he's suddenly unable to shoot. I guess an odd day vigilante could make sense, but still I wouldn't be surprised if he finds some other excuse in the next day phase to not have to shoot someone (Probably that he's actually 1-shot or something).

So are you lynching him because you cant trust him or do you think he could be scum/neutral

If the latter, have you thought of an explanation for his D1 play?

Faddy's point on Brazil is pretty good. I never thought of it like that.

uhhhh

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sawneeks

I was reading through Monkeys post and mostly nodding along with it.

I havent got scum from chugs at all in his play. Day 1 I was reading him town due to his tone and aggressive stances. I was surprised Fantomas was pushing a scum read on him.

Fireblend taking a hard stance that Brazil is town just for the shot, it is a weird take because scum Brazil had many options and could easily find a town to hit. The fact that Brazil did not really threaten anyone else or show signs of pressuring elsewhere makes his claim he was evaluating other shots dubious. Remember he held it until the end of day and only questioned Terra, like he had made up his mind before Terra responded so nothing he said perhaps outside of claiming a PR was going to change his mind.

Fireblend has been quite elusive the whole game, throwing in comments here or there. He isn't where I would push today but I don't have him in my top town.

I disagree, about half way through that's final real life day I was very confident that Brazil was doing a lot of work and he was asking a lot of probing questions to people he was reading, if you only look at the second half of the day then I'd say your argument holds water but then it was also clear that he frontloaded because he knew he'd be absent from the thread for a time.

I do agree that his mind was made up on Terra barring some extraordinary claim but what is the alternative with about an hour left? Let Terra off and swing to someone else that has even less time to answer? On my phone so can't check to see if you said anything at the time but Terra wasn't exactly getting any hard defenders.

Sucks to see nin go like that. He even said he was keeping notes about everyone too. I confess I now have thoughts that both Kawl and nin couldn't keep up with the thread and scum chat at the same time, but I'll try and suppress these until we see something from the replacement.

That's a good breakdown of what can happen when we're playing together haha.
Good read on me too and I don't see Scum! Brazil coming up with a town read on me in such a roundabout way.

This post is so weirdly phrased. Saying you "forgot" that KetKat was "holding out reads" makes it sound like a objective fact. And that is the main reason for your scum read too? Did you interact with her on this matter previously?

cabot I wouldn't quote that post with a ten-inch pole. Not sure why you think I'm fixated on killing CeeCee. The post you quoted is much more about Fran than it is about CeeCee, since he's the one that claimed a dangerous role for scum with a suposely still armed Day Vig. alive. I have no qualms with keeping CeeCee alive this phase, even if he doesn't give us a good explanation on why he can't shoot today.

*Author's note: nin was not keeping notes

So yeah, Brazil's read on you was too specific for any of us to really comment on. You think he's town because the logic was toundabout but does the logic actually make sense to you? Has he used logic like this before to read you?

——

cabot Add me to the list of your formatting sucks.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
you think you can all mock my formatting without retort because of a silly post limit?

y'all wrong, and ya basic.

So are you lynching him because you cant trust him or do you think he could be scum/neutral

If the latter, have you thought of an explanation for his D1 play?

I don't see why a neutral would only have one shot or be restricted in his shots unless it's some strange win condition. I still think scum!CeeCee is unlikely but if he can't shoot next day phase and doesn't give a satisfactory explanation I'll definitely advocate for his lynch.
Could be one of those "so scummy it can't possibly be scum" actions that scum came up with.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica

I find it funny how "I'm working under a set of assumptions to ground my thoughts and who I give my attention to" turned somehow into me having a "pro-Brazil hard stance". Plenty of people seem to be town-reading him, why is me working off that seemingly so alarming?

And I've got bad news about the elusiveness, because next week I'm on a business trip and I'll barely be able to post.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
cabot's formatting is fine if you're on desktop/laptop and can easily grab small sections to quote. If you're on mobile, you suffer. Such is the 30 post cap life. (Thanks, I hate It.)

I have a very busy morning so a few things now and then much more later when my schedule opens up.

This is... weird and feels kinda forced. Like who ever has to keep up with scumchat? If you miss something, people will tell you. If you'd been scumreading nin (and there's plenty of reason to look hard at an inactive Kawl/nin game), I don't think I'd have given this a second thought, but in #2472 you said you had no feelings whatsoever. I don't know, maybe this is in line with your mod joke with Sophia and all your jokes are falling flat this week.

Okay, so:

I'm not sure I buy Fran's claim, but at least it's a fairly easily provable one either way so I won't dwell on that too much right now.

CeeCee, booboo, my love, my friend, best wearer of CRJ avatars, you bounced yesterday with a promise that you did not fulfill here. I understand you don't really want to put yourself all the way out there, but you already did when you killed (my anointed godking) Stan, so let it be known that your avoidance sticks out like a sore thumb.

More later. Probably giant posts so y'all can all complain about the formatting. I have so many fucking tabs open. It's gross.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
As I promised here are some reads based in how I'm leaning today (in not particular order):

Don't want to lynch (unless someone makes a really good case why I should):

Sorian: Honestly I always see red when I'm playing with Sorian but the way that he came with a theory about why I could be scum with an override seems townie. I think that if he were scum and knew that I'm town and not lying he will just roll with it. Why try to antagonize someone who can lynch you? Even more when it's me, and he knows that nothing would give me us much joy as lynching him. I agree with some post from him and don't like others but I don't think he has a hidden agenda this time (and now that I finished writing this I feel really dirty).
Cabot: He may be my top town right now. To me it seems that Cabot is really trying to solve the game.
Natiko: Like Cabot, seems to be trying to solve the game. I find myself agreeing with several of his posts.
Kyanrute: Kyan is a weird case. Not much activity but I liked his posts. Is not a great read but I don't want to lynch him yet. Mostly a gut feeling.
Dr. Monkey: Like Sorian I always lean to scum read Monkey and (instead of Sorian) I'm usually wrong. Monkey right now would be a null to me but it's still wouldn't lynch her today.
Fandorin: I find most of his posts honest. Like Kyan, this would be a gut feeling but I'm feeling good about Fando.
Sawneeks: I liked Sawneeks read list D1.5. I think that she is really trying to scumhunt. Not the greatest of the town reads but I still fine.
Malus: I don't have much on Malus but he didn't voting during the night phase gave me town feels. Like a townie with no night action who just forgot that he could do a vote during the night.

Could lynch (but still have doubts):

Fantomas: Unsure about Fanto. I think that he is playing too much in the middle ground trying to play really safe.
Brazil: Mostly a gut feeling. There is something that I feel bad about Brazil and I still don't know what it is.
Blargonaut: Blarg is doing nothing right now. I know that's how Blarg usually plays but he is just noise right now. Scum Blarg likes the noise.
Fireblend: Honestly I have no idea. Nothing about Fireblend caught my attention and I keep forgetting that he is playing. When I was writing this I wanted to do an ISO but it seems that he has freaking 90 posts already!! When did that happen??!! I'm planning to reread Fireblend when I have more time.
rac: Rac is coasting like there is no tomorrow. My concern is that Town Rac is usually like that. So unsure. Would like to see more reads from him.
Faddy: Faddy is all over the place to me. His meta defence of Sophia/CeeCee is more like how I meta expect Town Faddy to play but I don't agree with his read so I'm still unsure.
AbsolutBro: Almost nothing to work with here. But the few post he did weren't really bad. Not good, but not bad.

Seems like a good lynch:

Pirate Bae: I think that Pirate Bae is all over the place. None of her post make me think that she is actually scumhunting but instead is just going with the flow.
FluxWaveZ: Another one all over the place. Like Pirate Bae I don't think he is really scumhunting.
nin: Kawl didn't do much. Nin did even less.
KetKat: I don't like several of her posts. It's like she is going with the flow and trying to fly under the radar.
CeeCee: I don't believe that CeeCee is a 3-shot town vig and how he is trying to avoid sharing specifics about his role is suspicious. I still believe that he is a scum JOAT with a day shot.
TheChuggernaut: I don't believe his claim. A bp is an easy claim by scum as it's difficult for town to prove and he can just say that scum don't kill him because they wouldn't waste a shot. Most of D1 was him parroting another players read and when he was called out for it he decided to make a really forced read that seemed as he was afraid to have attention on him.
Zubz: They are all over the place. Really low content.
turmoil7: Has a really weird read on Rac, and then a really weird read on Fireblend. Has Geno as town and a couple of post later have him as top scum. All over the place.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

So yeah, Brazil's read on you was too specific for any of us to really comment on. You think he's town because the logic was toundabout but does the logic actually make sense to you? Has he used logic like this before to read you?
I believe he has a taste for testing players he wants to trust to see if his expectations align with the response he is given, and I've seen him do that with me.

What I meant is that, if he was scum and wanted to pass off a town read on me, he wouldn't need to go to such lengths and consider what sort of answer I'd give if I was playing my usual methodical and careful scum. Seems too convoluted to me for an artificial read on a player he'd know is town.

This is... weird and feels kinda forced. Like who ever has to keep up with scumchat? If you miss something, people will tell you. If you'd been scumreading nin (and there's plenty of reason to look hard at an inactive Kawl/nin game), I don't think I'd have given this a second thought, but in #2472 you said you had no feelings whatsoever. I don't know, maybe this is in line with your mod joke with Sophia and all your jokes are falling flat this week.
Not a joke at all haha. I don't even try making jokes in English anymore since I know I suck at writing.

I really didn't scum read nin. I was actually looking forward for his entry in the game and he did say he was keeping notes about each and every player that was coming up for his big catch up post, but he subbed out before sharing any of that with us.
RL happens and there could be a million other things that made him and Kawl seek a replacement, but I know I've struggled in the past keeping up with both the thread and the scum chat in the past, so I had that thought in the back of my head. Like I said, I don't think this point is worth discussing about and when Bear finds a replacement we will have other topics to talk about.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
As I promised here are some reads based in how I'm leaning today (in not particular order):

Don't want to lynch (unless someone makes a really good case why I should):

Sorian: Honestly I always see red when I'm playing with Sorian but the way that he came with a theory about why I could be scum with an override seems townie. I think that if he were scum and knew that I'm town and not lying he will just roll with it. Why try to antagonize someone who can lynch you? Even more when it's me, and he knows that nothing would give me us much joy as lynching him. I agree with some post from him and don't like others but I don't think he has a hidden agenda this time (and now that I finished writing this I feel really dirty).

I town read him as well, but I just want to point out that Scum! Sorian pestering town players is right up his alley. He himself admitted this game that he "defends" Townies when they are under heat so he can brag about it later when said townie flips, and I see the opposite - giving flak to trusted Townies - happening just as well.

Other than that, good list. I think I need to go back and ISO Chuggs as well, since recent reads on him are giving me doubts.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
I find it funny how "I'm working under a set of assumptions to ground my thoughts and who I give my attention to" turned somehow into me having a "pro-Brazil hard stance". Plenty of people seem to be town-reading him, why is me working off that seemingly so alarming?

And I've got bad news about the elusiveness, because next week I'm on a business trip and I'll barely be able to post.

I don't think Brazil deserves town cred for the shot, particularly due to the way he handled it.

I was going to push on Rac but reading through his posts he was the person who was most against Brazil. Although he was very dramatic about it.

man the one thing that sucks about a day like today is that if there is scum in the running to get lunched the rest of the team are probably gonna just go with whatever and hope the leader does their dirty work for them
how the fuck did you guys have brazil as the second choice after a post like this
you are all suspect

Reading that I found a Ketkat post I like
Scum
You, fantomas. There's something off about the way that you've been spreading doubt around on others. You are right that this is how I played conspiracy, but before when I was acting goofier, you were already talking about how similar it was. It feels like you've been throwing out a lot of reasons and seeing what others will latch onto. And I'm not sure I like it.
Ceecee - same sentiments as others here, I don't know how ceecee plays though so this might just be strange normal plays

I have similar thoughts about Fantomas. I don't believe the amount of reads they have is genuine. I think this game is particularly tough to get a view on because of the lack of meaningful votes. I know there is part OMGUS there but I like the actual read.

I think there are lots of people in this game that are coasting by doing very little. KetKat is still in that bunch. Zubz, kyan, malus, AB.

I have stronginsh town reads in FRan, Chugs CeeCee for the claims and how they happened. Cabot is my top pure town read, I still like Fandorin. Add Sorian and Natiko to round it out. I would have said Blarg but he is on a nonsense spree today.

Scum are in the coasting group. Then Fluxwavez is my top scum read. I like Sorian's pint that he has been sheeping reads. He also has a weird tone in a lot of his posts that feel defensive but also sort of mocking.

Alright, caught up. For now, I'll just say that it'll be pretty funny if I'm the one who gets lynched today.

Yep, which is why I replied as such. Won't make a comment on anything that happened or was discussed while I was gone, then. What's the relevant discussion now?

Obviously, but Fireblend is the one who told me to drop the topic. But now he wants me to continue with the topic. Mixed messages.

This is just nitpicking for the sake of it. Trying to divert. He never says what the mixed messages mean.
Going back to this, I think this would be interesting information for CeeCee to divulge. It should be innocuous enough that it'd be fine.

I don't necessarily think names are important just standard issue for these game, but they could be. And asking for it seems like busy work rather than getting some info.
What was the point of both of you claiming right now?

1/30

I think this is an expression of annoyance for no reason. I think this is the most scummy post. I think it is typicl for mafia to be annoyed that town just openly claim and are believed.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
As others have said, this is a weird one. It's a weird thing to specifically look for PRs (referring to both comments around Geno and Flux/Fran), and it's even weirder that you openly stated you think someone has a PR. I'm not really seeing much reason for a town-aligned person to do that as you have in this post.

@turmoil7 do you want to expand on your thoughts here a little to try and walk me through?

I freaked out after realizing a potential consequence of the modifier and Fran's claim: I had the horrible thought of people quickly placing votes for their top scum reads as a way of getting a head start on those lynches, and galactic brain Fran incentivizing voting until the point where he can't be lynched anymore because there aren't enough players with their votes not cast. It lead me to be hasty and tell my read ASAP, the delivery could had been better I admit.

Take into account at that time it wasn't clear that Fran would use the Override and I at the time I doubted anyone would had voted for him so even as town he could had gotten away with.

Why are you focusing on Fireblend's kill list here?

Also, why didn't you think CeeCee would die?

Right now I'm leaning town on Flux so from my POV that list doen't look good, also zubz is last, who I don't have reasons to trust.

Early game vig isn't very pro town, I think scum would had gambited on keeping ceecee despite the risks.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
good divine being

kill cee

two days of lying, obfuscation and a bunch of nothing in between

"not trying to cop out" and next post does not even bother to explain the whole whoops where did my shots go did anyone see my shots HALP! -bit

2/30

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
And the longer Cee lives, the deeper the paranoia about a Fran-Brazil-Cee-whoknows -scum team keep on going.

Who is protecting who and why? Is Cee a neutral and Chuggs' scum BP?

Geno wanted to kill Cee. Geno is dead. And this wine in front of me is yumyum.

in our next episode, less #hottakes and more reading

malus

Oct 30, 2017
Malus: I don't have much on Malus but he didn't voting during the night phase gave me town feels. Like a townie with no night action who just forgot that he could do a vote during the night.
I should probably comment a bit on why I didn't vote during the night. I didn't forget that I could vote, but I really didn't have a preference for a game. I briefly considered voting for Price is Right because Cthulhu seemed a bit strange to pick early, but then I thought seeing everyone go insane would be hilarious as well.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
Personally, Fran gets full cleared only if he kills a scum who ain't right now on everyone's mind as a candidate already. I am bothered about the instant claim, especially seeing how Cee's D1 claim went: if he does that again, it'd be bye bye for Carly. Illogical self-preservation before all else, what is strange. And then the balance argument with false terms. Whyyyyyyy.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
nin has dropped out of the game

I'm looking for a replacement.
Honestly, whoever ends up in this slot better bring the heat because it's starting to feel like a liability if this level of play continues.

I do townread this post. He picks up on the PR thing and again as I said, the ignorance of Fran/Chuggs is reading as uninvested to me, which I'd consider town more than scum.
I'm not sure how notable this is when it had already been pointed out by several other players to be honest.

Also just so it doesn't get lost:
Geno's scum list was Fireblend and Zubz

He also had some suspicion on Kawl/Nin/???
So are you thinking Geno was killed for his reads or is this more just a general observation?

And I'm not necessarily disagreeing with that sentiment but there's two problems with Febe's argument.

1) He wasn't even sold on Brazil being Town on Day 1, something he admitted himself. The only reason he flipped is because he took a shot he would have done (killing a townie) and going against his initial Scumread would've been 'a lot easier' if he was Scum. Now if Febe came out and had been Townreading Brazil since Day 1 I would say this is different but he essentially did a 180 with a strong enough conviction to take Brazil out as a possible Scum player. That's a big change for little reason.

2) I get you can't operate in this game assuming everyone is out to get you but there is a big difference between Town reading someone and sort of trusting them enough and giving them space to trusting someone so much you think that players who were against them are Scum. The former you can keep in your peripherals as you play while the latter is resting on a lot of trust for someone you aren't 100% sure of.
1) I guess if the crux of your issue is the swing from Fire then sure, that at least makes more sense. It's a valid point I hadn't really considered.
2) It's not that being against him makes them potential scum, it's the overlap between those that pushed Stan ahead and those that were on Brazil's kill list but not Stan's. I don't think a townie player would care all that much but scum may. It's not the biggest mark against someone in the world but personally I think it's worth noting.

Post #7?

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
good divine being

kill cee

two days of lying, obfuscation and a bunch of nothing in between

"not trying to cop out" and next post does not even bother to explain the whole whoops where did my shots go did anyone see my shots HALP! -bit

2/30
And the longer Cee lives, the deeper the paranoia about a Fran-Brazil-Cee-whoknows -scum team keep on going.

Geno wanted to kill Cee. Geno is dead. And this wine in front of me is yumyum.

in our next episode, less #hottakes and more reading

Too #hottake for me. I still don't see how a CeeCee lynch is going to do anything other than quell people's fears. For all the work people have put in to try and explain why CeeCee just had to claim credit before taking that Stan shot, none of them actually make any sense. Of course the answer could just be he made a bad play and that's all but the other stuff around the role still smells like neutral is the worst case here and sue me but I'm not caring about neutrals right now especially one that can kill.

Also the Geno stuff is whatever, I doubt scum went out of their way to kill Geno just because he was so on board with lynching CeeCee, that's a weak kill to just protect someone that a lot of people in this game want dead anyway.

——

2019 goals is that maybe someone will say something nice about me without adding a qualifier on, just once.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
I should probably comment a bit on why I didn't vote during the night. I didn't forget that I could vote, but I really didn't have a preference for a game. I briefly considered voting for Price is Right because Cthulhu seemed a bit strange to pick early, but then I thought seeing everyone go insane would be hilarious as well.

Thanks for that.

Moving Malus for "Could lynch" then.

Did you preferred that I kept that to myself and just surprised everyone near EoD?

I was planning to use the role today anyway so why would I keep quiet about it? I thought that best course of action was sharing what would happen today.

2019 goals is that maybe someone will say something nice about me without adding a qualifier on, just once.

Your avatar is fine.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Recent catch-ups and then going back to hit things I missed.

Not a joke at all haha. I don't even try making jokes in English anymore since I know I suck at writing.

I really didn't scum read nin. I was actually looking forward for his entry in the game and he did say he was keeping notes about each and every player that was coming up for his big catch up post, but he subbed out before sharing any of that with us.
RL happens and there could be a million other things that made him and Kawl seek a replacement, but I know I've struggled in the past keeping up with both the thread and the scum chat in the past, so I had that thought in the back of my head. Like I said, I don't think this point is worth discussing about and when Bear finds a replacement we will have other topics to talk about.
man, okay, Fando, I'm about to be Pedantic Monkey, Queen of Nitpicks here (but also your English is more than fine from all the times I've played with you, btw). nin often says he's going to have big catchup posts; sometimes they happen, sometimes they don't. You also post a lot more than nin, usually, in terms of volume-in-post and volume-by-post, so your struggles aren't nin's struggles. That's fine, though; I get what you're saying and I'd write it off here but then you basically say JK IT WAS USELESS WE'LL GET A REPLACEMENT LA LA LA which begs the question: if what you were saying doesn't matter, why say it at all?

side-eye engaged.

Right now I'm leaning town on Flux so from my POV that list doen't look good, also zubz is last, who I don't have reasons to trust.
Please tell me why Flux is town. Draw a picture, something. I have plenty of ideas on both sides but if you're gonna say this I wanna see more support.

This is interesting but that would be a lot of wide open powerwolfing and I don't know if I see that.
Can we keep malus? I like him.
Honestly, whoever ends up in this slot better bring the heat because it's starting to feel like a liability if this level of play continues.
I'm hoping for Zeke. ZEKE ZEKE ZEKE
I think you are a pretty okay dude, Sorian.
I'm such a natural qualifier that this was really difficult for me, for the record.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
So are you thinking Geno was killed for his reads or is this more just a general observation?
Right now I think the more likely explanation is power role hunting or a low info kill, but I feel reads from mafia killed players are often forgotten too quickly. This early in the game it's more a general observation than an accusation however.

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 2 VOTES ====
Day Start

No votes have been cast!

Post Counts:
cabot: 18 thechuggernaut: 13 dr. monkey: 8 fran: 8 brazil: 8 sorian: 8 sawneeks: 8 rac: 7 pirate bae: 7 fantomas: 7 fluxwavez: 7 natiko: 7 ceecee: 6 ketkat: 6 fandorin: 6 blargonaut: 6 fireblend: 5 faddy: 5 malus: 5 grizzly: 4 zubz: 4 kyanrute: 4 turmoil7: 4 absolutbro: 2 geno: 1

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

CeeCee

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, pure 100% God's honest truth.

I am town day vig, that's all true. However, I only had the one shot.

The stuff about having 3 shots was to try and bait scum to NK me rather than someone valuable.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
Too #hottake for me. I still don't see how a CeeCee lynch is going to do anything other than quell people's fears. For all the work people have put in to try and explain why CeeCee just had to claim credit before taking that Stan shot, none of them actually make any sense. Of course the answer could just be he made a bad play and that's all but the other stuff around the role still smells like neutral is the worst case here and sue me but I'm not caring about neutrals right now especially one that can kill.

Also the Geno stuff is whatever, I doubt scum went out of their way to kill Geno just because he was so on board with lynching CeeCee, that's a weak kill to just protect someone that a lot of people in this game want dead anyway.

——

With town like this, who even needs truth. We could try wringing the truth out of him but nooo. Hugs and kisses only here. Geno was the one strong voice for Cee's death and why few experiences with him give me the feeling that he would not have given it up any time soon either.

Can we try to solve this game pls. I know seeing a Cee lynch is at least a moderate longshot but it ain't exactly helping when nobody is trying to offer an alternative to it. It is hard to be the bad cop when the suspect is protected by an eternal hugbox.

But yeah, more serious conclusion: Cee is neutral or something. Geno could be a juke to get us to kill Cee, as scum would be afraid of a three-shot vigi, unbeknownst that he is not even that. Still, squeeze the truth out of Cee instead of letting him just be around.

5/30

Fran

Oct 25, 2017

The stuff about having 3 shots was to try and bait scum to NK me rather than someone valuable.

Why would scum kill a 3 shot vig when you already used your first shot to kill the most trusted townie?

With those credentials they would let you live so you keep doing their work for them.

Between us, you are a scum JOAT, right?

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017

if you listen closely, you can hear Stan yelling all the way from the spec chat

the sweet sound of fucks on the wind

I am gonna have to agree with GodKing Fran here - shooting Stan probably was not the best move if you wanted to bait a night kill, though I can certainly buy this reasoning. Will you give us your name? (ftr, I don't think everyone should, but I want to know who CeeCee is to see if he will just answer).

Anyway, Fran and my opinion aside, that does make me wonder - if CeeCee is telling the truth - if scum had a concrete reason to think CeeCee would be more likely to shoot town (numbers? the scum pool?). But that gets into a lot of speculation.

CeeCee

Oct 25, 2017
For clarity, I didn't shoot Stan to bait a NK. Claiming more shots I didn't actually have was to bait a night kill.

Shooting Stan was just a poor decision made because I was grouchy early in the morning.

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
CeeCee sit in the bad corner with sawneeks and absolutbro.

Look at the wall.

Be ashamed.

Would like to see the flip now, if ceecee is what he says he is then there must be more killing powers.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
CeeCee sit in the bad corner with sawneeks and absolutbro.

Look at the wall.

Be ashamed.

Would like to see the flip now, if ceecee is what he says he is then there must be more killing powers.

Yeah. Maybe we actually got a save last night because I have no idea why scum would kill Geno rather than someone more high profile.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, another big post. And also, you guys are being too mean to cabot for his formatting, give him a break!
Flux has been sheeping a lot of people's opinions throughout the game and kind of leaving the ideas hanging when there's no one talking about them anymore. The Sophia stuff right before she replaced is what put her on my radar but he's done it with a few things like some of the leader votes that were put forwards. Flip flopping back and forth with the wind on CeeCee's claim and how to handle him. Even today feeding a soft PR and/or name claim (which I still think no one followed up on when I asked about it) which is less since there's a post count today but it certainly doesn't make me feel better.
Thank you, those are some good points, and I'm definitely going to ISO Flux today. Luckily with how slow the thread is going I think I should be able to do a few good rereads and get some new thoughts down before I get an updated read list out based on today.
That's what I said. I feel like the "hard justification" was just a followup to Sneek's assertion of "scum would know Brazil's town", with me replying with the way I'd think scum would do with that knowledge. Obviously that's projected into me in my reply because I'm the one replying.
Yeah fair enough, I suppose what I meant was that it just felt a bit over the top of an explanation when you could have just said "Eh, I'm town reading Brazil now".
Am sad to see Nin go too. However,
This is true.
I've gotten the feeling a couple of times now that Zubz is kind of sheeping me a bit. I'm going to ISO them and get those thoughts out later, but that's the feeling I've gotten when they show up and I'm around.
Fantomas: Unsure about Fanto. I think that he is playing too much in the middle ground trying to play really safe.
I have similar thoughts about Fantomas. I don't believe the amount of reads they have is genuine. I think this game is particularly tough to get a view on because of the lack of meaningful votes.
I just wanted to point out that these are the reads on me that I agree with the most right now. Not Ketkat's, she's Scum and that's just OMGUS, but Faddy's own observation on me there I like. I have been playing things safe, mainly because when I look around the room I see a lot of veteran players and a lot of situations I have not found myself in yet, so I'm trying to lean on my Town reads a lot more than I normally would, especially this early.
I think there are lots of people in this game that are coasting by doing very little. KetKat is still in that bunch. Zubz, kyan, malus, AB.

I have stronginsh town reads in FRan, Chugs CeeCee for the claims and how they happened. Cabot is my top pure town read, I still like Fandorin. Add Sorian and Natiko to round it out. I would have said Blarg but he is on a nonsense spree today.

Scum are in the coasting group. Then Fluxwavez is my top scum read. I like Sorian's pint that he has been sheeping reads. He also has a weird tone in a lot of his posts that feel defensive but also sort of mocking.
Other than Chugg being Town for the claim, I agree with a lot of this. As mentioned above, Flux and Zubz are definitely ISO targets for me, so I'll get plenty of thoughts on them down later. I'll maybe add Kyan to that list too just because I've been town leaning on him for a while and want to see why I feel that way for sure.
I briefly considered voting for Price is Right
And you should have!
I'm hoping for Zeke. ZEKE ZEKE ZEKE
Who do I need to bribe to make this happen?