• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Oh boy! Override, huh? Am I already dead, or nah?

DING, DING, DING.

Now I'm Kawl, the overrider. Or how I like to call me "Monkey's worst nightmare".

Sure, If you somehow believe that scum could have an override.

I'm going to be really honest. I'm really tempted to shoot Chuggs because I believe he is scum or Sorian because .... he is Sorian really. But contrary to popular beliefs I wouldn't do that.

I plan to use my role today to prove that I'm not scum so I say that everyone posts who they think should be the lynch today. Near the EoD I will analyse everything and THEN I will shoot Chuggs.

Just kidding. I wouldn't do that.
But if I were you I would start writting my will Chuggs.

Besides the jokes I will use the override today so I want everyone to post during the day who they want lynched today and who you wouldn't lynched today and why. Final decision is mine and I'm taking 100% responsability for it.

I have some errands to run so I was going to wait to burn my first post for when I got back home but I need to ask the obvious. Why did you have to wait until today to prove this? Backups should receive their new roles instantly,

Because I got my role when Stan died so D1.5 and Grizzly told me that I was unable to use it in D1.5. I could have use it in D1 to change the leader but couldn't target myself.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well that's quite the modifier. Not very good for someone like me. I'll get my read list out and ramble for a little bit in my first post just to get the majority of my immediate thoughts into one post.

Ok here's my read list. Town and Scum is ordered from most to least (so bottom halves are more of a lean), Null is in no particular order.

Town:
cabot
CeeCee
Natiko
Faddy
Kyanrute
Sorian
Dr. Monkey

Null:
Zubz
Brazil
Blargonaut
Fran
Fireblend
FluxWaveZ
rac
malus
Fandorin
Sawneeks
AbsolutBro

Scum:
KetKat
TheChuggernaut
Pirate Bae
turmoil7
nin

I did have Geno at the bottom of my Scum list, but above Nin. Not too surprised to see him as the kill though I suppose, he seems like a generally low info kill target for Scum.

Right now, I would want to vote for Ketkat. The fact that this modifier is going to lock my first vote in for the rest of the day is giving me a little bit of pause from doing it right now, but I don't see a reason why I won't vote for Ketkat today because I wanted her gone yesterday.

Pirate Bae is on my Scum list now because I don't feel good about her. She's got some strange seemingly contradictory opinions over the course of D1 that don't add up well to me. I don't know if she's just out there winging it, or if she's trying to deliberately give obfuscated reads. Either way, she's definitely in my top Scum list now.

I gave a reread to Chuggernaut overnight and I still wasn't a fan of what I found. A lot of parroting, a lot of presenting other people's reads and agreeing with them but not coming up with his own reasoning.

I know this might sound a bit unreliable coming from me, but I really think you need to branch out and consider your other options a little more closely. Your reasons for voting for me are mainly that I'm fairly inactive, which while I can admit isn't great, isn't this end-all be-all scum tell that you're thinking that it is.

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland

I'm going to be really honest. I'm really tempted to shoot Chuggs because I believe he is scum or Sorian because .... he is Sorian really. But contrary to popular beliefs I wouldn't do that.

I plan to use my role today to prove that I'm not scum so I say that everyone posts who they think should be the lynch today. Near the EoD I will analyse everything and THEN I will shoot Chuggs.

Just kidding. I wouldn't do that.
But if I were you I would start writting my will Chuggs.

Besides the jokes I will use the override today so I want everyone to post during the day who they want lynched today and who you wouldn't lynched today and why. Final decision is mine and I'm taking 100% responsability for it.

Great, hijack a second day of useful voting.

Gee Fran, so useful.

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
I'm just going to go ahead and claim because I see where this is going. I'm town BP, Pedro. I'm only one shot which is why I was doubting Ceecee 3 shot thing and why I was thinking that a vig role might not make her town.

1) CeeCee is not a woman no matter how much he dreams he is.
2) Claiming BP as town is completely useless. You attract suspicion and non-town will no longer touch you. It'd have been better if you'd just flipped without claiming.

I better slow down.

Oct 25, 2017
If Fran is actually an override and I have no reason to doubt that, then I'm going to die today. 100%. I would be shocked if I convinced Fran not to kill me. There's really no point of keeping it secret anymore aside from maybe getting Ceecee to use her other shot if she has one.

I'm not going to waste another post on defending my claim. I'm going to reread some posts and see if I come out with any reads so I can leave you guys with something before I die, I guess.

5/30

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I will burn one of my precious posts to say PAY ATTENTION TO PRONOUNS, FOR THE SAKE OF FUCKS. IT IS NOT DIFFICULT AND IT IS INCREDIBLY DISRESPECTFUL TO NOT BOTHER LOOKING. STOP IT.

Nothing personal. But stop it.

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
I know this might sound a bit unreliable coming from me, but I really think you need to branch out and consider your other options a little more closely. Your reasons for voting for me are mainly that I'm fairly inactive, which while I can admit isn't great, isn't this end-all be-all scum tell that you're thinking that it is.

is your PR the ability to glean reads from others without them doing it themselves?

that's incredible.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Oh god there's no way I can stay under 30, holy shit, it's been real, peace out.
We'll get through this together, one long post at a time. Shit, I don't know what else to say in this one, let me quote some more people.
I'm just going to go ahead and claim because I see where this is going. I'm town BP, Pedro. I'm only one shot which is why I was doubting Ceecee 3 shot thing and why I was thinking that a vig role might not make her town.
Scummy claim, I saw Dr. Monkey use that claim when she was Scum as well. Not a very inspiring one. Gives us a reason to not be surprised when you don't die at night.
It's not though. I said it the last time we talked when you scumread me and didn't give me your two top Town. It's about how when you do show up, you don't give many good towny thoughts, or questions, or reads. I still barely know where you're coming from. The first thing you do today is come at me again for scum reading you. I need more content from you, of a towny nature, in order to not be so convinced of your scumminess.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
[3/30]

Maybe I missed it but Brazil who were your other targets, ISOs? And what did you find? Share plz

OK Dokey.

I feel okay on Brazil after going through his posts and his leader choice. I wouldn't have went for Terra but I understood his reasons and his read was consistent. I was a little disappointed with how the end worked out because he only really interrogated terra, the other targets didn't get as much pressure (i guess some of them weren't there) but alas.

Sawneeks, in rebuttal to your CeeCee case

a) balance is a reasonable argument. Even though we don't know the game much yet, day shots are fairly powerful, and unless theres some special roleblock in play, unblockable. Even if that's the case, day 1 essentially grants a free, untraceable, unblockable kill. A scum having that power is relatively mad. A neutral is possible, but onto point
b) You said CeeCee would bring WIFOM and this conversation with it. That's a really bad reason to claim if you're not Town. If he never said anything and just shot Stan, then No one would seriously be thinking about CeeCee, and as Brazil said, he may be under pressure since he was next in line to be leader. No way CeeCee is less suspicious by claiming instead of shooting and staying quiet. Makes no sense to do this as a non-town alignment.
c) Your Town Hooker example is bad and you should feel bad for it. Hooker is a direct scum counter to a Town role. Going by his claim at least, vigi is a relatively common Town role. It's not unheard of as scum, but again we go back into reason b) as regards to why it wouldn't be a scum play. These are not the same.

As for how long he lives, well we can see if hes lying about having more shots for one.

The modifier is supporting my own theory that they aren't going to be too wild with regards to shaking the game up. I know there was talk of insanifying roles and such before this, so that's a mild relief.

I'm still firmly against Ketkat, and looking over Brazil's posts and responses made me feel less confident in Pirate Bae and Monkey.

Nothing you say will make me feel bad, friendo.

Your point B is something I disagree on though. Say CeeCee shot Stan, he dies, and ends up not saying anything. CeeCee still has heat on him and still has no way to wave it away or anything to hide behind. Claiming the shot at least gives him the new benefit of the doubt and gives him a flimsy thing to try and shield himself behind. Again, never said it was a good plan.

Oh god there's no way I can stay under 30, holy shit, it's been real, peace out.

I wanted to vote LB but I'm gonna be real honest and say gunslinger CeeCee voting there made me nope out on that one. Guess it's good to do this one early but I'm sweating already. I've never posted so little. I'm scared, guys.
You can do it monkey. Channel the power of LP into your posts, I believe in you.

CeeCee

Oct 25, 2017
No worries, I don't mind being called different pronouns. I'm happy for everyone to visualise me as looking like Carly Rae :)

The rule should at least make catching up with the thread tomorrow morning easier.

Also, I know I'm a fine one to talk, but why is everyone suddenly roleclaiming left right and centre?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Fantomas

Override is a lynch not a shot. I'm dying at the end of the day
I understand how the role works, I'm talking in generalities about claiming as a 1-Shot BP.

Also, you don't know that. I would wager Fran does probably want to kill you, yes. But the day just started, and you decided to toss out that claim. It's suspicious, as fuck, and just added to the likelihood that he will Override you, it certainly didn't make you look good.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I expected Flux or Fran to die due to PR hints, probably they weren't because fear of a doc save?
On post #2054 fireblends kill list was Terra, Flux(PR hinted), me/turmoil, zubz

If flux is town I say we have to look at this
You're weirdly pre-occupied about Flux apparently hinting at a PR. I never did this.

I'd normally wait for a reply before elaborating, but we're at a limit, so I think I know what you're talking about. But you know how each of us has a role name of another person? Well, yeah...

If Fran has an override then I'm probably dead today. Might as well get it out of the way now.
I guess I must have overlooked that Fran apparently wanted you dead the most last phase...? I'm not sure how I would have glossed over this.

2/30

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Pirate Bae is on my Scum list now because I don't feel good about her. She's got some strange seemingly contradictory opinions over the course of D1 that don't add up well to me. I don't know if she's just out there winging it, or if she's trying to deliberately give obfuscated reads. Either way, she's definitely in my top Scum list now.

I'm winging it.

Haven't had time to be as thorough as I usually am.

Oct 25, 2017
I understand how the role works, I'm talking in generalities about claiming as a 1-Shot BP.

Also, you don't know that. I would wager Fran does probably want to kill you, yes. But the day just started, and you decided to toss out that claim. It's suspicious, as fuck, and just added to the likelihood that he will Override you, it certainly didn't make you look good.

It's Fran. He's stubborn. I'm going to die. Keep scum reading until I die if you want, I'm not going to defend myself from scum reads anymore.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
[4/30]

Also, I know I'm a fine one to talk, but why is everyone suddenly roleclaiming left right and centre?

Fran said he could prove he was Town the last Day Phase and opened up by claiming. Chuggs got scared because Fran has been out for his blood and claimed to try and dissuade Fran (i think).

I'd normally wait for a reply before elaborating, but we're at a limit, so I think I know what you're talking about. But you know how each of us has a role name of another person? Well, yeah...

Are we just all roleclaiming/hinting today or

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
[3/30]
Your point B is something I disagree on though. Say CeeCee shot Stan, he dies, and ends up not saying anything. CeeCee still has heat on him and still has no way to wave it away or anything to hide behind. Claiming the shot at least gives him the new benefit of the doubt and gives him a flimsy thing to try and shield himself behind. Again, never said it was a good plan.

I really doubt CeeCee becomes a focal point of discussion if stan mysteriously dies with no one claiming the shot. He wasn't even on Brazil's kill list:

I guess it's time to build my platform, huh.

My kill list right now would probably be:

Fran - He's felt inconsistent and artificial throughout the phase. The malus/turmoil thing sticks out to me as it made it seem like he was just commenting on stuff from a position of someone who didn't really care about any of it.
Terraforce - A lot of noise over nothing when arguing with Flux, some projecting in his posts, very belligerent.
Flux - I'm willing to give Terra's counterpart in that argument a look as well. He put a lot of effort into not backing down from that discussion, but then vanished as soon as it dissipated.
turmoil - He seems to have fumbled the landing in this game. Most of his posts give the air of someone who's weirdly disoriented. Like here - Fand was being "[consolidated] as a natural option and then deflated"? That train never got past 3 votes. And what does that vote movement even say? He never explained. It just feels like he's searching for stuff to comment on without saying much.
Zubz - Low activity, can't seem to commit to his opinions.
Ketkat - I'm not sure about the arguments that put her in the spotlight in the first place, but the way she blended into the darkness after that happened is definitely noteworthy.

So it is agreed then.

We both do not agree.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
[5/30]

For the record I trust Chuggs, don't think he is Scum at this point.

I do find turmoil's post about roles and such suspicious though. Really odd thing to not only track but also to just open up with.

And now I'm going quiet. This limit is going to be so much harder than I thought oh god

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Are we just all roleclaiming/hinting today or
I haven't role claimed. And I'll end that line of discussion here, unless you want to fish for one.

I understand why the two in question have role claimed. Fran is going to use the override today and wants to make it the center of discussion. Almost like a repeat of Day 1 with him as the leader. Chuggernaut has role claimed because, apparently, he's the primary target and his death is almost a foregone conclusion, so that's an early role claim to fight against that. Makes sense.

3/30

Fran

Oct 25, 2017

Great, hijack a second day of useful voting.

Gee Fran, so useful.

I was in most people scum list D1. Unless you believe that Grizzly would give scum an Override that means I'm town. So we can move on, you have a semi-confirmed townie and can look at other targets.

You should vote anyway.

CeeCee can you make another kill today?

Pirate Bae

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Was totally wrong about my reads. Sorry, Geno.

I see no reason as to why Fran would lie. He seems confident that he'll be able to prove it today. Chuggs seems fine as well. I don't think he needed to claim just yet but it was probably an inevitability today, with Fran's claim and all (if it's true, which I think it is).

I'd like to hear more from rac today. He hasn't much of a presence in the thread. Turmoil, too. Both feel like they're just kind of coasting.

Fantomas, why do you want to lynch Ket today? She's playing as she normally does; I haven't seen anything particularly scummy from her.

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
I was in most people scum list D1. Unless you believe that Grizzly would give scum an Override that means I'm town. So we can move on, you have a semi-confirmed townie and can look at other targets.

You should vote anyway.

I really don't care with regards to your alignment. It's the two days of having voting agency thrown away with you being key to day 2 annoying me.

I guess I must have overlooked that Fran apparently wanted you dead the most last phase...? I'm not sure how I would have glossed over this.

2/30

giphy.gif

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
[2/30]

On post #2054 fireblends kill list was Terra, Flux(PR hinted), me/turmoil, zubz

If flux is town I say we have to look at this
I don't understand this post. Is it because Terra died? If so, I understand it, but it seems a bit forced.

You're weirdly pre-occupied about Flux apparently hinting at a PR. I never did this.

I don't understand this one either. No elaboration needed, just, I feel like people are shifty-eyes-ing one another here and I'm out of the loop.

I still think the list of "people who voted for Stan and where in Brazil's kill list" holds some water, although evidently Terra wasn't scum. Still willing to wager there's probably scum there and it'd be my first place to look.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I wanna see you shoot someone, CeeCee. Not me, though. I'd vote for you now if I could.
Hey, I'll look back on D1+1.5. There were about a million posts to wade through.

Btw, why did you guys even vote for this modifier? We didn't get anything out of it and, if anything, this benefits scum who can probably freely discuss whatever they want without restriction.

4/30

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not though. I said it the last time we talked when you scumread me and didn't give me your two top Town. It's about how when you do show up, you don't give many good towny thoughts, or questions, or reads. I still barely know where you're coming from. The first thing you do today is come at me again for scum reading you. I need more content from you, of a towny nature, in order to not be so convinced of your scumminess.

I didn't have a top two Town to be honest. I do think the way that you were scumreading me originally was suspicious. A lot of people do lean into meta reads pretty hard, but it's odd to see that meta read be from meta that doesn't exist. Like, I never ever think of my own posts as goofy in any of these games outside of the beginning of this one. I'm often overly serious if anything.

As of right now, I'm still mainly suspicious of both you and CeeCee. But, if CeeCee shoots someone today that we want, then that might help alleviate some concerns there. I think outside of you two, I want to look towards the Day 1 votes for leaders with the information that we have now. But, that's kind of hard to do since it's entirely possible that Brazil is town as well, and it was just scum voting wherever for fun. Geno's vote was just on himself early on in the day and never moved, so that doesn't tell us a whole lot there.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a reason you generally show up and just not bother sharing more detailed thoughts and reads? Do you just not have many orrr..?

Fantomas

Override is a lynch not a shot. I'm dying at the end of the day
Did you not give any consideration to your claim making your role useless if true? It's not like the day was going to end in five minutes.

[3/30]

Maybe I missed it but Brazil who were your other targets, ISOs? And what did you find? Share plz

Nothing you say will make me feel bad, friendo.

You can do it monkey. Channel the power of LP into your posts, I believe in you.
Still not seeing why CeeCee kills such an awful target if he's doing so for the sake of survival only. It simply doesn't make sense.

2/30
Is it a scum tell to talk about yourself in the third person? Someone help.

Post #2

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
best modifier eu

Fran, why the instant claim?

And the argument that "Bear wouldn't give scum an override" is not a valid defense. You yourself said that you are a Backup, not an Override. There is a difference there, this outcome was not guaranteed and in some parallel universe you were a Fruit Vendor. Though I don't think that you are scum.

zzz

1/30

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
3/30, probably last from me for a while since I'm gonna try to think carefully and use my few posts with great care. Plus I have work to do and then podcast tonight.

KetKat, at least for me, I have you on the low end of the list not for inactivity alone, but for lack of attempts to solve. Mostly you've posted in self defense. That could be a townie trait, especially day one. But disappearing when pressured, not engaging... those combine to be less likely to be town. The best defense is always trying to move the game forward.
why would you doubt the 3 shot claim if you're a 1 shot BP?
I don't understand this either.
Just realizing when putting it together that this is my first game playing with you, as well as Fandorin, and I don't trust myself to just hand out town reads like that, even if they are just lean towns based on post content. Nothing super scummy about either of you, so it's more just that I need more to go off of to feel more confident in those immediate D1 feelings I had.
Fanto, I don't really understand why you put so much into meta reads or the lack of meta reads. I'll warn you anyway that Sneeks is a tough read game to game so it doesn't matter. I'm not addressing your read itself - I'm not ready to fully read Sneeks yet - just, I dunno, offering a thought.
I... are you joking? I'm really asking. The Fran-Chuggs argument was a significant portion of d1. How did you miss it?
I really doubt CeeCee becomes a focal point of discussion if stan mysteriously dies with no one claiming the shot. He wasn't even on Brazil's kill list:
I agree here. And, again, as I said yesterday, if the goal was to claim for cred, the best way would have been to shoot a suspect though in retrospect I guess it's even odds - one's gone and was town and another, Fran, is almost certainly town. It worked out okay. I'm less inclined to doubt CeeCee's claim today, but I still shake my head over the event. RIP Stan.
I do find turmoil's post about roles and such suspicious though. Really odd thing to not only track but also to just open up with.
Also even if he did notice a breadcrumb, calling it out like that is not so great. Just offers up targets.
I really don't care with regards to your alignment. It's the two days of having voting agency thrown away with you being key to day 2 annoying me.
I'm gonna cosign this. In GoT, we-scum were thrilled to have discussions half taken out of the hands of the majority of players. It's not in service to town. Cat's out of the bag, though, so I'm not sure how best to handle that. I get wanting to prove your alignment, though.

cabot, if you can fit it in, please tell me why I am on your suspect list.

Flux: no one knew this would be the modifier. I just figured it would be weird and I wanted to get it out of the way before the Price is Right, though I wanted Power Rangers. WHY COULDN'T WE HAVE POWER RANGERS. Also d1.5 had far fewer posts than d1, just for the record.

I apologize in advance for my 27 future mega posts. Please forward all complaints to the bear.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

You should vote anyway.

I'm yelling at my phone because you said this twice and I said I'd wait until I get home to do a big post but you are playing at something. You are not an overrider. You are a backup. Cross faction backups are not uncommon at all. You're right, I do believe Bear would never give scum an override naturally but the possibility of attaining it by luck? Yeah, I could see that. Stop pretending this clears you in anyway, all this claim so far tells me is you do have an override now because only a mad man would lie about that when it's so easy to test.

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
I wanna see you shoot someone, CeeCee. Not me, though. I'd vote for you now if I could.

Hey, I'll look back on D1+1.5. There were about a million posts to wade through.

Btw, why did you guys even vote for this modifier? We didn't get anything out of it and, if anything, this benefits scum who can probably freely discuss whatever they want without restriction.

4/30

I like how you imply we all knew what would happen by choosing this modifier.

I chose Cthulhu because I like Cthulhu. Everyone needs cthulhu in their lives. It was also a neat test bed for my theory on how unwacky the modifiers would be, because if this one was relatively tame, I can't imagine most others being worse.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I'm yelling at my phone because you said this twice and I said I'd wait until I get home to do a big post but you are playing at something. You are not an overrider. You are a backup. Cross faction backups are not uncommon at all. You're right, I do believe Bear would never give scum an override naturally but the possibility of attaining it by luck? Yeah, I could see that. Stop pretending this clears you in anyway, all this claim so far tells me is you do have an override now because only a mad man would lie about that when it's so easy to test.
fuck I'm spending a post but this literally did not occur to me - would a backup really inherit whatever from the first person to die, regardless of alignment?

4/30 jfc

Pirate Bae

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Currently I am going for

1. Geno 2. Zubz 3. rac

Rac continues playing very jokingly, I think scum wouldn't try to get attention to themselves when they could be shot, but then again, some joke post in this huge thread can be forgotten fast if people are engaged on other discussions.

Did you ever explain your reads on Geno or Zubz? Geno is flipped now but I would still like to hear your thoughts.

3/30

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Frankly how hard you've been selling me as a town read has me alarmed, Monkey.

I feel like you're trying to pocket me exactly as I pocketed you in Anime. This is your sick revenge. Just sick.

giphy.gif

that's pretty sick. Revolting. Grim. Sick.

giphy.gif

sick.

1/3 done. I'll sign off until tomorrow at some point.

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 2 VOTES ====
Day Start

No votes have been cast!

Post Counts:
cabot: 10 thechuggernaut: 8 sawneeks: 5 fluxwavez: 4 fantomas: 4 dr. monkey: 4 ketkat: 3 fran: 3 pirate bae: 3 grizzly: 2 sorian: 2 ceecee: 2 fireblend: 2 faddy: 2 turmoil7: 2 natiko: 2 kyanrute: 1 geno: 1 rac: 1

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Flux: no one knew this would be the modifier. I just figured it would be weird and I wanted to get it out of the way before the Price is Right, though I wanted Power Rangers. WHY COULDN'T WE HAVE POWER RANGERS. Also d1.5 had far fewer posts than d1, just for the record.
I like how you imply we all knew what would happen by choosing this modifier.

I chose Cthulhu because I like Cthulhu. Everyone needs cthulhu in their lives. It was also a neat test bed for my theory on how unwacky the modifiers would be, because if this one was relatively tame, I can't imagine most others being worse.
Well, then that begets the question: are we voting for modifiers which will potentially help us, or for wacky modifiers which might throw the game into disarray?

That justification works, though.
I... are you joking? I'm really asking. The Fran-Chuggs argument was a significant portion of d1. How did you miss it?
I didn't miss it (though I also paid half attention to it), but I just went back and what I had missed were the lines about Fran wanting to 100% lynch Chuggs and wanting to vote for whoever would lynch him.

5/30

Oct 25, 2017
Fran could still be scum, but my feeling on that was starting to go away and this had made it vanish completely. If you want to kill anyone from this exchange, I would strongly recommend killing Fanto before Fran because I'm now convinced he was playing the both of us this whole time.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017

You are the genious game balancer? Who would give scum an override. An override for scum means that they gain 2 kills with little to no effort. Even less when they could be electer as a leader D1. That would mean that scum could control D1 lynch, Nk, control D2 lynch, NK again. 4 kills for free. Does that make sense?

I was thinking that CeeCee could shoot Chuggs today and we could clear if CeeCee and Chuggs claims are true, but CeeCee's shoots being untraceables would mean that we have no way to confirm anything if both of them are scum partners. So that would be a no go.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017

At the same time I don't know why Fran would tell us this if he were mafia unless he is scared of getting shot today. If he is mafia he just keeps it until they need to use it. This is the same line you took when I made a shady claim in Conspiracy. I don't think it helps to try and say Fran is scum because even you admit he almost certainly has the power so we aren't lynching him today.

The confidence to just open up and clear himself feels town to me. Even if it isn't fully mechanical clear if we bend our minds enough I believe Fran thinks the role clears him.

[5/30]

For the record I trust Chuggs, don't think he is Scum at this point.

And now I'm going quiet. This limit is going to be so much harder than I thought oh god

Chuggs opening up with a role claim in response to Fran also feels town. Maybe he is bulletproof mafia and knows he can be "verified" by CeeCee and waste one of his shots but it seems pretty unlikely and more that he just reacted in the moment. Also he was kind of half claiming on day 1 too.

This is confirmation bias but it really makes Brazil seems scummier. Trying to throw himself into a town/town spat and make himself look good. I can't criticise his Terra shot because he was on my list and had lots of other people calling him scummy but I think that is how Brazil would play that role as mafia.

Pirate Bae

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
You are the genious game balancer? Who would give scum an override. An override for scum means that they gain 2 kills with little to no effort. Even less when they could be electer as a leader D1. That would mean that scum could control D1 lynch, Nk, control D2 lynch, NK again. 4 kills for free. Does that make sense?

I was thinking that CeeCee could shoot Chuggs today and we could clear if CeeCee and Chuggs claims are true, but CeeCee's shoots being untraceables would mean that we have no way to confirm anything if both of them are scum partners. So that would be a no go.

The point is that you are not an override. You are a backup. Meaning it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility for you to be scum who just got lucky that the first person killed was the town override.

Or you could be a neutral. Same logic applies. GoT had a similar role where Arya could steal abilities and use them once the target was dead.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
post one:

Why the hell did we select Cthulu?

Ok, claiming time.

Hi, I'm Kawl, town universal backup.

WTF does that mean you ask? Well, that would mean that I gain the role of the first town PR that dies.

Someone want to guess what my new role is?
No regrets with this modifier. It means I can actually keep up instead of reading through 20 fucking pages of posts, half of which are sniping at each other.

WRT: the claim, I buy it. The irony will be if TheChuggernaut flips scum and you two have reversed teams from TMBG. I hope this isn't just a case of falling into the same routine you two fell into in that game. TheChuggernaut was town in Brexit2, and he had a similar back and forth with scum there. While I want to believe this is just two town going at each other, I'm also forced to admit he could just be using the same MO to appear town.

absolutbro careful of not getting modkilled
I tried to find an image of an ashamed nod, but google failed me. I was reading and following the game last day phase, I just didn't post much. I rarely do D1.

Well, that makes up slightly for my legendarily bad shot I guess.
It really, really doesn't.

No worries, I don't mind being called different pronouns. I'm happy for everyone to visualise me as looking like Carly Rae :)
Holy shit that's who that is, I am bad with faces and names.

-------------------------

Thought: We have a vig, we have a claimed BP. We can test the BP, and assuming TheChuggernaut survives we can be pretty sure TheChuggernaut is town (unless we think there are enough kill shots/powers to force a scum BP, which I find unlikely). It isn't the best use of BP or a vig shot, I admit, but it means we don't override to a town PR.

it's late, I'm going to finally feed myself after feeding all the animals. back in a bit

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Thought: We have a vig, we have a claimed BP. We can test the BP, and assuming TheChuggernaut survives we can be pretty sure TheChuggernaut is town (unless we think there are enough kill shots/powers to force a scum BP, which I find unlikely). It isn't the best use of BP or a vig shot, I admit, but it means we don't override to a town PR.
Like Fran said, we wouldn't even know CeeCee took the shot.

6/30