• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Pirate-ship-wreck-29001-1920x1080.jpg

Whether you are a hardy Adventurer or a wandering passerby, welcome! This is a Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition Play-By-Post campaign put together by the MafiEra community here on ResetEra. While sign-ups are currently closed, we would implore you to check out the D&D PBP community run by Mike here on the site. They have been a huge influence on getting us started on our own campaign and we recommend you check them out!

Current Players/Characters:
1. Blargonaut - Veyhat Am / Female Human / 3rd Level Rogue

2. Ynnek - 'Anchor' / Male Goliath / 3rd Level Paladin

3. Rynam - Borvik Domine / Male Aasimar Revenant / 2nd Level Artificer, 1st Level Mystic

4. Donna - Serene Sea / Female Tabaxi / 3rd Level Bard

5. Roy - Bakresh Wooldburth / Male Dragonborn / 3rd Level Cleric

Character Creation
- Starting attribute stats are 15,14,13,12,10, and 8, or you can do a point buy scheme as listed on page 13 of the PHB.
- Everyone starts at level 3. That should be just enough for everyone to start picking archetypes in their respective classes.
- You can choose to take either the starting equipment granted by class, or the average starting wealth.
- All alignments are acceptable
- All races and classes in the PHB and DMG are acceptable
- Races and classes from the campaign books, third party publishers, and various Unearthed Arcana supplements are probably acceptable, but subject to approval. Same with Monsters in the Monster Manual, within reason.
- For thematic fodder that I will likely utilize, I want everyone to provide what their character's biggest dream and what their greatest fear is.
- Continuing off of that, the more backstory you give me the more I can integrate your character into the world.
- Feats are in if players want to utilize them but are not necessary.

House and Variant Rules
- Since we are using a forum to play and can not use real dice, please use the Discord Bot in the #d&d_text room for any roles. Post the results here in OOC tags. I trust you guys, but it's easier to confirm this way.
- We will also be using OOC rules. OOC stands for 'Out of Character' and will be signified by using (( )) brackets. Everything not said in-character, or IC, will need to be in those brackets including dice rolls.
- Combat is Side Initiative. Everyone rolls, and whichever side of an encounter has the higher average initiative goes first.
- Rolling a 20 on an ability check or saving throw is an automatic critical success.
- On the reverse, rolling a 1 on an ability check, attack roll, or saving throw is an automatic critical failure. What this means will depend on the context (and mood of the DM :p)
- Characters may only have one Inspiration point at a time. But if you have one, you can give it to any character who does not if you are awarded another.
- Weapons/Armor/Shields +1, +2, and +3 will be treated as masterwork items of varying degrees of quality. Any given town of significant size will probably have a selection of various +1 items (Base price +500gp for weapons and shields, +5,000gp for armor), and a city might have a selection of +2 items (Base price +5,000gp for weapons and shields, +50,000gp for armor). +3 items are extremely rare and powerful gear, they won't be available by normal means.
- Weapons can undergo a process similar to silvering so that they deliver magical damage for 250gp.
- There are still magical armaments, but they have effects other than flat bonuses to attack or defense.
- All healing out of combat restores the maximum amount possible.
- Don't worry about food, rations, low-level spell components, or mundane ammo count. Special ammo will still need to be tracked. Food/water may nay to be tracked in certain situations but I will warn you of this.
- In the unlikely event that you get stuck, you can use a WIS or INT check for a hint, but the DC will go up after a few times.
- I reserve the right to use the Rule of Cool and fudge results and outcomes at least a little bit from time to time.

Campaign-Specific Details
- This is a homebrew setting, but shouldn't provide any limitations on character alignments, gods, backstory, or otherwise.
- Gunpowder and associated weapons exists, but are very rare and highly valued. It is extremely rare to have one.
- Vehicle Combat will be a major aspect of this Campaign. Teamwork will be needed for some of them and each will have specific rules employed that I will elaborate on when we get there.
- There are dungeons with maps but they will work with slightly different rules. I will elaborate when we get there.
- There will be non-combat encounters that also have special rules associated with them.
- I'm going to employ some variant rules that I happen to like over the base rule set, mostly to the players' advantage.
- Roleplay and player interaction is not only highly encouraged, but probably the best way to be awarded Inspiration points.

Helpful Links
- Check Discord for books
- http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/systems-reference-document-srd (A short version of the rules/classes/races)
- https://www.dndbeyond.com/ (The official D&D digital tool. Does cost money for anything above the basic tools)
- https://dicecloud.com/ (Free Character creator/tracker)
- http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/character_sheets (Character sheet PDFs here)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCwm4DAW_G4&feature=youtu.be (a video on how to create a character)
- https://www.dndbeyond.com/characters/builder#/ (Official D&D character builder. Turn on 'Show Help Text' when selecting Standard)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sawneeks

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Setting and World
VFUn7fr.jpg

Isolated from the main continents for miles around lay scattered islands that stretch far into the horizon and beyond. While most of these dozen or so islands are small and uninhabited with nature running free and untamed across their surface, there are a few that are much larger and boast the signs of civilization.

Tribes of Kouvalu
To the east lay four medium to large size islands, a scattered array of mountains, jungles, caves and grasslands across their surfaces. Upon each of these are different native tribes of Dragonborn ranging from Brass, Bronze, Red, and Green scales alongside a myriad of beasts both small and large. While each island is home to one color of scales as the majority, there are no longer restrictions of travelling between the tribes and it is not uncommon to see Bronze and Green or Brass and Red mix. Though their pasts are marred with wars and bloodshed, these proud Dragonborn have since come together and become some of the rulers in this island chain. Under a council of Wise Men and Women, the Tribes of Kouvalu relatively keep to themselves unless provoked and are rather indifferent to outsiders. Although indifferent, they do take great pride in their mastery of the large beasts that roam their islands and are quick to defend them if any outsider provokes one.

• The main, and largest, island is called Kiritabi and is home to the Brass Dragonborn
  • The second island is called Kaladan, home of the Green Dragonborn
  • The third is Sethiur, home of the Red Dragonborn
  • The fourth is Sibataal, home of the Bronze Dragonborn

Kingdom of Ti'er
To the west are three large islands that ring one smaller island in between them. The three are of good size and boast of climates that range from cool forests to humid jungles, windswept cliffs to freezing mountain tops. Caves and untouched groves dot the sheer cliffs around much of these islands, their treasures secured and guarded by the tumultuous sea below them. The smallest island in the center is much less diverse, home to but one small mountain with scattered bits of forest at its' feet and grasslands that go beyond that and reach into the sea. This is the home of the native High Elves of these islands, staking their claim on the only viable islands not crawling with Dragonborn. Masters of seafaring, these Elves have began to make their claim in the World by offering protection for tradeships and claiming to be home of the world's fastest captains and crew. They also have a natural knack for the Arcane arts, one that has called forth further study from the Mainland's Schools of Magic and Arcana. While haughty, they are rather intrigued by outsiders and openly welcome them to their islands.

• The largest island is called Tla'oc
  • The second is called Luitl
  • The third is Effiti
  • The fourth and smallest of the islands is the main island of the Kingdom, home to the ruling family. The High Elves call if Mehi'li

The Surrounding Islands…
Outside of these are dozens of smaller islands that stretch out north, east, and west. Some of these are hospitable and some are not. The range of lifeforms, animals, and environments has not been catalogued by any major Kingdom or School and much of them remain a mystery or have only barely been explored. The natives of these islands speak of certain places in warning, some in tones of worship, and others in terms of abject fear and loathing. There are even claims of Pirates that roam these waters, others tell tall tales of a Kraken that has a lair underneath one of the northern isles, and there are even age old tales of spirits that wander the waves. However, despite these dangers, there have been those who have ventured out to explore them and some have returned with treasures and magics that have not been seen anywhere else in the World.

Only the brave venture here and not all of them come out of these islands alive...

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Oh, I am interested ~ but I'm not quite sure what this entails.

And the very first thing in the one link I read is 6 player max ~.~
How much activity, regular posts, reading etc. is needed?

OP
OP
Sawneeks

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I am interested ~ but I'm not quite sure what this entails.

And the very first thing in the one link I read is 6 player max ~.~
How much activity, regular posts, reading etc. is needed?
Activity is all dependent on Players. So far we don't have a 'you must post within x amount of time' rule yet since I figure we've all played Forum Mafia and will be fairly active (so, a post every 2 - 3 days or something) but I can put one in if the game slows down. Reading will also be based around that, though there isn't a rule on how long your reply has to be IC since some situations can be explained in depth and others only really need short answers/actions.

Think of this as writing an adventure/story with other people. I'm setting the stage, NPCs, villains, battles, etc. and you guys get to decide how your character reacts to these things and what they want to do in this world. And what they do is relatively up to you, it just has to fall within the rules. It's all around the rules system of D&D 5e so characters will have to be created, battle in, and roll abilities within that system. The other D&D game on Era is a good example of it if you want to get a 'feel' for it.

OP
OP
Sawneeks

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome!

And I'll repeat here what I said in the Discord; I hope to get this started around Sunday. It's not a hard date so if everyone doesn't have their character ready to go don't worry too much, we'll work something out.

Zookfoodle

Oct 25, 2017
I assume blarg is going to either:
1. Get everyone killed very quickly
Or
2. Become a literal deity
Or both

empressdonna

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland, United Kingdom
It's time to meet Serene!

She's mostly done, though I'll still be tweaking her backstory to add place names and maybe more details. If I do and it gets too long winded for dicecloud, I'll put the full version into a google doc.

OP
OP
Sawneeks

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
14916b7e6662b52ada66ba46425e64b8--princess-cruises-grenadines.jpg

In the folklore of the Island-bound Dragonborn, it's origins long lost to the waves of time, there is a tale of the Almighty Kouvalu. A proud and mighty dragon, Kouvalu is said to have been a mix of the Brass, Green, Red, and Bronze dragons, the scales shining and changing hues in the radiance of the sun. It was said the Dragon was the mightiest to have ever walked the Material Plane, their size surpassed by no other and sheer strength having no known equal. Yet this angered the Dragon Gods so, for they were to be the mightiest and strongest of the World and would have none challenge this truth. In a twister of fury and rage the Dragon Goddess Tiamat, her five heads spitting fire, lightning, and all manner of death, tore into the Material Plane, jealousy fueling her rage at the majesty that was Kouvalu. Though the Almighty Dragon was larger, they were of no match for the Goddess and her spiteful fury as the two dueled in the heavens. The battle was long and arduous but, in the end, the majesty that was Kouvalu fell into the great Sea below. In one last, defiant act against Tiamat and the Gods that had spited and envied them so, Kouvalu made a call to the Sea Gods and asked for assistance to live on and endure. As the body of the great dragon hit the waters of the ocean the Gods answered, transforming what was once flesh and scale into stone and earth and scattering it across the sea. It was from this that the Dragonborn of these islands claim to have hailed from, their different scales each signifying them as a part of the Almighty Kouvalu's soul that the Sea Gods allowed to live on in the newly-formed islands.

Though their past is marred with bloodshed and inter-tribal wars, the now unified Tribes of Kouvalu wish to move past their differences and grudges to achieve unity. As recognition for this harmony and the belief that the fire of Kouvalu lives in all Dragonborn, the Council of Elders have blessed the summer solstice and named it in honor of the Almighty Dragon. It is exact event and celebration, titled the Festival of Fire, that has brought in so many travelers from all around the various mainlands and scattered islands.

This festival is taking place on one of the larger Dragonborn islands, the island of Kiritabi, or 'The Great Claw'. It gained this name due to the shape and structure of the island itself as it looks like a mighty 4-taloned claw reaching out of the sea and into the sky above. The 4 sharpened peaks of Kiritabi are situated on the south-western end of the island which dip down and turn into a valley that stretches out north and to the east. Much of this part of the island is filled with lush greenery, scattered tribes and villages dotting different areas and various points of interest. Farther to the north-east the island condenscences and comes to a point which curves slightly northward, creating a hook of land that reaches out to sea.

It is at the port town of Mykanos on this hook of land that the Festival of Fire is currently taking place. The port town is modest at best, much of it clearly having been built or created within the last 50 or so years as more outsiders travel to the island. Buildings no more than one to two stories tall line the dirt streets of this town, each boasting to be the best at what they do on all the Islands. Peoples of different origins and species line the streets as they go from bar to bar, shop to shop, or simply going about to wonder at the sights. Though Kiritabi is home to the Brass Dragonborn there are various draconic folk walking about of the Green, Red, and Bronze variety, not to mention some of the scale colors that are not native to the islands. Humans, Elves, Dwarves, and even some Half-Orcs mingle in the crowds as well, though they are dwarfed by the sheer number of Dragonborn present. No one really seems to pay this much mind however, as most are in a joyful mood of celebration and revelry that would even make the most tavern-hardened Dwarf blush!

Docks filled with boats and vessels of various sizes, makes, and origins line both sides of the hook: the northernmost point kept clear of any vessels for the main event of the night. It is here that resides the town's main square, a good-sized patch of land that is raised above the rest on a small rocky hill. Though not ornate, this area is hard packed earth and stone and is ringed by slightly jagged rock that protect it from the wrath of the sea. For the event there have been dozens of multi-colored tents, huts, and temporary stalls set up for individuals to sell anything from beer to armor, weapons to jewelry, or even old soothsayers who claim to see into the future of any who approach. A myriad of items made on the islands can be found here, including oddities that may only exist in this area.

As the sun slowly makes its way down a maroon sky towards the horizon, the throngs of people begin to gather at this northernmost point. Excited chattering in a half a dozen different languages shows only a fraction of the excitement at the coming event as this is one of the reasons why individuals travel weeks at sea to come to such a remote part of the world. For the Circus Vapur is a mystery to many, only whispers in awe of their performances having made it to the mainlands. While their all-Dragonborn composition is already a rarity it is said they not only utilize great beasts and rare magic as part of the performance but it also takes place entirely on and around a magnificent ship!

Set to begin their performance at the sun's last light has called people out of the bars and shops and into the streets, slowly making their way north. Though there is still some time away until the sun has fully set this has not stopped people from bringing the celebration out into the cooling air of the setting sun. For this is the Festival of Fire, a celebration of life and all of its' joys!

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
((Let's do thisthsihis!!!
I come from the southern lands on my own to these islands, so I at least have yet to meet the rest of the characters.))

It's been almost two weeks since I boarded the Queen Kilwa. An exception was allowed, due to the festival, for her to set sail earlier than the normal schedule, and I was lucky to not wait any longer until I could start my journey.

She stopped plenty of times on the harbors on the coast of Cumbe as she headed northward, and quickly the ship was crowded with beautifully diverse families, with different races, genders, and origins. Inevitably I became friends with some of them, company until we arrived at our destination, but now we all went our separate ways as we finally arrived in Kiritabi.

We had to wait for almost an hour until our ship could find a place to dock, so now I only have time to search for the most affordable inn nearby and then find my way to this "circus" I hear people talking about. Whatever performances I may encounter, I wouldn't want to miss this once-in-a-lifetime event.

empressdonna

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland, United Kingdom
A relatively slim feline figure makes their way towards the entrance of the port town. She stands at 5'5 and has short red-orange fur with stripes that are mostly hidden under her dark brown leather armour apart from a few stripes on her paws, tail and ears that are uncovered. On her back, she has a light brown backpack which seems to be a bit looser than it should be but she hasn't noticed yet. Her long tail which is curly at the end is poking out of a hole that she had made especially for her armour.

Having heard excited chattering about the upcoming festival, Serene had made a mental note to herself to check it out - after all, what was better than a big festival to gain the chance to maybe make a little coin and find out rumours about the general area?

But seeing the sight in person was something different entirely! Her bright amber eyes kept darting left and right, trying to decide where she was going to go first but in the end, she decided to go towards the stalls and browse their wares - in particular, she was looking for a notebook or at least a stack of paper of some kind and perhaps a few more arrows, just to be safe.

After that, she figured it would be worth checking out the circus then maybe hitting a bar or something for rumours followed by a bit of pan flute playing later in the day. Once she mulled over all these decisions, she readjusts her light brown backpack and lets out a small sigh of annoyance - it had been slipping more often than not recently, next time she gets a break she really needed to fixed the straps. But for now, she would just keep a good grip on it and begin to wander towards the stalls.

Ynnek7

Oct 25, 2017
The large, grey Goliath known as Anchor slowly made his way through the crowds of party goers. Clad in a dark blue peacoat and matching pants, he walked with a minor, yet noticeable, limp. On his left leg he wore a knee brace, the remnants of a past injury that never quite healed right. On his back was a dark brown backpack, with a round, wooden shield attached. Looking around at the sights before him, he smiled, and took another bite of his "Deep Fried Hydra Steak". He wasn't sure if it was actually hydra, or just the booths festive branding, but it was delicious all the same.

It was by luck, or fate, that Anchor found himself in Kiritabi during the Festival of Fire. He arrived a couple weeks before the preparations began, planning to visit some of the local temples while on his journey of self discovery. He had actually planned on leaving before now, but after hearing about the upcoming festival he knew he had to stay.

Noticing that the crowds had begun moving northward towards where the Circus would soon be starting, Anchor followed suit. He made sure to keep his eyes open for two things:
First, a trust-worthy fortune-teller or soothsayer. He had visited a couple today in hopes of finding answers that the temples could not provide, but either Anchor was the great-great-great-nephew of Kouvala itself, or they were just trying to tell a big tale for a better tip.

Second, a booth that sold walking sticks. He'd usually just use his trident to lean on, but decided better on bringing a weapon into the busy streets, opting to leave it at the temple he was staying in.

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
((Everyone's having these big texts. :( ))

It's been almost 3 months since I last visited a settlement, and my dirty and at parts broken Clothing is proof of that. I wear my Dark Coat with its hood far into my Face so nobody can see my eyes and my ashen white Hair. Hidden under my Coat are my gun and my bag of holding.

I came to the City because i hoped to find some Infos about the people that killed my whole Tribe around 10 years ago. I still need to find them and bring them to justice so they never can do something like that again. While wandering the City I hide in the masses of People and try to Pickpocket some money from them so i can buy myself some new Clothes and afford a Place to sleep for the night.

((
[url=http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=204985]1. Roll : Sleigh of Hand, 2. Roll Stealth: 1D20+2 = [18]+2 = 20
1D20+2 = [10]+2 = 12
[/URL]
))

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
The streets of Mykanos are breeming with activity. Many people are walking through it's streets, most of them dragonborn. In this mess of people, one of the dragonborn clearly isn't as native to this spectacle as the others. He has a combination of brown and golden scales that point backward, giving him a kind of aerodynamic look. He wears cleric cloths made of brown cloth and a pendant donning the icon of the dragon god Bahamut is clear visible over his clothing. His yellow eyes are filled with wonder and dart all around, taking in as much of his surroundings as he can. In his hand he grasps a big, sturdy book that clearly caries great meaning to him.

This is the 3rd day Bakresh has been in Mykanos, but the wonder of it all has not seized to amaze him. Never in his life he has seen so many of his own kin in one place! Since his earlies memory, all he can remember is being seen as the "weird one out", the weird dragonborn people talk about behind his back when he passes. This feeling of anonymity, being able to be completely unremarkable in this crowd, is a totally new feeling to him. It almost makes him forget he came to this festival with a mission. On his search to clues about his brother's whereabouts, a festival drawing people from far and wide seemed like the perfect place to visit! His interest in the many myths the locals had about the supposedly "Almighty Kouvalu" also had a sizable impact on his decision. Many supporters of the great Bahamut would instantly have discarded these stories as nonsense at best, sacrilege at worst. But Bakresh has always been told by his parents that even the most out there of stories have a core of truth in them, and his endless fascination with all things magical pushed him toward learning as much about it as possible.

His conversations with the locals have been of....mixed succes. It was nice to have conversations in his native tongue again, and most dragonborn where more that willing to talk about their beliefs and past. Often a waterfall of the most amazing and crazy myths and stories came out of these conversations. He has probably heard many of them at least 30 times, and every time the details are slightly different. He makes sure to make note of them as best as he can. In the end though, the inevitable question about his history and clan always comes up. And when it does, Bakresh quickly mubles "wooldburth" while avoiding eye contact, hoping to avoid follow up questions. For Bakresh grew up without a clan, and wooldburth is a name he and his brother made up. Whenever one of the dragonborn tells about his clan full of passion and devotion, Bakresh can't help but to get a little sad inside. He then quickly gives a description of his brother, which has led to no successful recognition yet, and then quickly leaves before his clann-less birth is discovered.

This third day has been no different. A few conversations has led to some interesting variants of the myth, but nobody has seen a hint of his brother. With the sun setting, Bakresh notices the crowd moving north, to the place that will soon be the stage of the famous Circus Vapur. A crowd this huge, somebody would have seen a glimpse of his brother....right?

OP
OP
Sawneeks

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Pedro

Taking in your surroundings you notice about 2 or 3 Inns along the rows of wooden buildings, though perhaps to your dismay you notice they are bustling with far too many people than they would reasonably hold. You figure your best bet would be to try to find an Inn closer inland or even somewhere farther away from the docks as this is where the most foot traffic is for travelling individuals. With the sun only just beginning to set you figure you will have enough time to find an Inn and then make your way towards where this Circus is being held.

((Give me a Perception check to see if you can find an open Inn))

-----

empressdonna Ynnek7

Serene, as you make your way forward with the path of the crowd you find the group taking a right up ahead towards a side street and follow suit. Opening up before you is a street much wider than the one you were just previously on and yet somehow bustling with just as many people as before, except now there was more breathing room. Yet this isn't the first thing that catches your eye as lined between the intervals of doorways are booths and stalls of fabulous makes, craftsmanship, and colors.

Being towards the end of this street you see that this row of shops continues on Northward, in the direction that the crowds seem to be moving towards. Taking a quick look at what's around to try and find a notebook or some ream of paper, plus maybe some arrows, you don't quite find what you are looking for immediately. Most of the stalls this far down the path seem to be based around food, including a rather peculiar green and blue stall that claims to sell 'Deep Fried Sea Oddities' and a very large grey man standing next to it with a content smile on his face.

Before you are able to even think about continuing along and looking over the myriad of stalls that create a rainbow down the sides of this street, your ears prick up as you catch a voice above the rumble of the crowd.

"...yes! You, young lady! Please, come over here and humor me for a moment if you would."

The voice was soft and shaky, the words spoken in the Common tongue but heavy with the thick Draconic accent you had come to hear from the residents of the island. Eyes darting around to find the source you at first eye a wooden booth covered in all manner of carved creations. Small wooden dragons, boats, bowls, fishing poles, oars, and walking sticks all looking like they were made from pieces of driftwood and some other sort of wood that seems a bit foreign to you.

Yet immediately next to it is a small faded yellow tent where a tiny (by Dragonborn standards) Red hand pokes out and starts to wave in your direction. Though this far back it is impossible to see who the hand belongs to, it looks almost faded and like it's missing some scales.

---

Rynam

Having been gone from society for so long these masses of people seem almost stifling in how close and loud they are. Luckily for you, this also provides a wonderful opportunity for relieving people of some of their belongings without a huge threat of being caught doing so. While their money will be going to a good cause, meaning your stomach, you've found people don't take too kindly to losing money in such a fashion.

Eyeing the crowd you find your target; a hulking Half-Orc with arms bigger than your head and twin swords hanging from his side…..and absolutely drunk off his mind.

It was easy enough to get close to him in, considering he was stumbling and weaving about without much speed or direction, and to dart your hand out to quickly grab the coin purse that was just hanging openly from the pack on the man's back. Gripping it tightly you quickly give the Half-Orc some space before he realizes he is now much more broke than he originally was, though something tells you he might not realize that until morning (plus with a terrible hangover).

((Gold Found: 1d12 + 4 = 9))

Taking a second to glance inside the small leather pouch you find 9 pieces of Gold. Not much, but still a hearty amount for such little work. And you seem to have pulled it off without a hitch!

((Perception: 1d20 + 0 = 13))

With new gold in hand you had plenty of options before you: go find an Inn and maybe a shower or track down some new clothes.

---

Roytheone

As you gaze across the crowd before you, you keep an eye out for any sign of Gold scales amongst the rivers of Bronze, Brass, Green and Red. Here and there you catch a glimpse of something gold or golden in nature, though the longer you stare it becomes apparent that it's just golden hair or some sort of golden clothing rather than scales. With the sun setting and the bright light of the fading sun casting warmth over the town streets, you hold up a hand to block the rays as you keep looking about and just taking in the sights.

There are so many Dragonborn! And all of different scale colors! Some are tall and lean, others are more squat and closely built. Some have arrowdynamic scales like you while others have a more interlocked look to their scales where it's less of a pattern and more of an uneven mix. Not to mention the horns! Curved inwards like a rams, some curve up , and yet others are barely visible at all. The sheer volume here is amazing and….wait.

You focus your eyes a bit more, tearing yourself out of the wonder that still grips you even days later. Is that…? Yes it is! You watch as an individual, shorter than all the other Dragonborn around, creeps up behind a very imposing Half-Orc and snatch something from the back of their bag before darting off. No one else you see seems to notice this interaction….

((Bakresh's Passive Perception is 12. Ry's roll for stealth was 12, so he does see it by being in the same relative area.))

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Bakresh shakes his head. Its always sad to him to see someone straying from the path and turn to criminality. Sure, he realizes he doesn't know the full story and what pushed this individual from the path, but it is still unfortunate. He thought about warning the half-orc about the theft, but he seems to not really be in a......speaking state. And from experience he knows that dealings with a drunken half-orc often leads to multiple severed body parts flying around. Bakresh shrugs. Lucky for that halflin....wait, no, the thief was clearly not a halfling. A dwarf maybe? No, the body size didn't match that of a dwarf. Elf? half-elf? Tiefling? Bakresh realized he had no idea what the thief even was. Pushed by his curiosity, he decided to follow the thief............

Ynnek7

Oct 25, 2017
Anchor finished the last few bites of his snack and threw the parchment wrapping away in a nearby bin. Glancing about once more, he spotted the wooden booth selling just what he was looking for.

Making his way through the crowd toward the booth, Anchor looked over the woodworkers large selection. Various bowls and trinkets caught his eye, and he considered picking up a small carving of Kouvalu as a souvenir before spotting something just as nice, but also useful.

Sitting in a barrel with about 15 other walking sticks, Anchor spotted a stick just the right height for him. Not only that, but the head of the stick was carved into the shape of Kouvalu's head, and a carved pattern of scales covered roughly half of the length.

Anchor picked it up, tested his weight on it, took a few practice steps, and once satisfied with his find walked over to the proprietor of the booth.

((Assuming he's not interrupting another sale))

"My friend! How much for this fine piece of craftsmanship here?"

empressdonna

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland, United Kingdom
Serene stopped after the voice called out to her and paused for a second to think about what she was going to do.

Following strange voices into tents didn't seem like the best idea in the world to her but on the other hand, there was no way that anyone would try anything with the city this busy... right?

If needs be, she could cry out or use force – after all, she did have her weapons on her. Maybe even just threaten them a little with her claws? That might not work though as she wasn't really the threatening type but it was something to keep in mind though it could all be for nought and this could end up being completely 100% innocent.

It was worth taking the chance, it could end up working out for her in the end.

With her mind all made up, she makes her way further towards the tent with a majority of confidence and a very small amount of suspicion; enough to at least keep a small check around for anything that could happen before she made it to the tent at least after which she'll try to figure out what to do.

((I think this might be passive but if not here is my roll - Perception: 8+3 = 11))

OP
OP
Sawneeks

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Pedro

Scanning around the immediate area you don't see too many inns that look like they would have any space left to be accommodating to a new traveller such as yourself. Making your way through the slowly dispersing crowds you travel through the streets, both taking in the sights of this interesting port-town and it's citizens as well as looking for a good place to rest come sundown.

After some time you are able to find such a place, tucked away between two larger weather-worn buildings a bit of a way closer towards inland and away from the coast itself. Here there are still some folks in the streets, though most don't seem to be tourists or travellers and are congregated around shop-fronts or overhangs out of the sun. The looks they give you don't seem entirely...friendly, but it's hard to tell if it's overly hostile either. They seem more curious as to why someone such as you had come the opposite way of the crowds, waiting to see what you do before they act.

Yet as you approach the small wooden building many of them turn their gaze away and back to whatever they had been doing previously, deciding that whatever you were here for is worth none of their business. As you enter the building you catch the sign above the door that reads, in both Draconic and Common, The Sleepy Dragon Inn, a very stylized Red Dragon sleeping just above the letters. True to its' name, as you enter the Inn you notice that the atmosphere inside is very relaxed and leisurely, thanks in no part to the two other Dragonborn patrons drunkenly sleeping on tables and one sitting quietly at the bartop playing some sort of card game by themselves.

Behind the bar top, clad in leather and cloth dyed Red, stands a male Bronze Dragonborn who looks like they have seen more than their fair share of life. No scars adorn their body but the effects of time and a life in the harshness of the sun has made scales and skin alike fragile and weather-worn. Tired eyes watch you walk in, though the Dragonborn says nothing and simply watches you, waiting for you to act first.

-----
Ynnek7

Sitting besides the booth is a young Bronze Dragonborn male clad in nothing but loose cloth trousers and a small leather satchel around their waist holding various woodworking tools. Looking up from the small piece of wood he was whittling down, the Dragonborn places the small half-carved boat on the table of other trinkets and stands. Barely reaching the middle of your chest at full height, the young man gives a toothy grin and replies,

"That right there will cost ye 5 gold pieces….but ye got a look to ya' like you know the Sea and her whims well. For a fellow brother of the seas, I'll make it 3 gold."

He gives the walking stick a quick look over and nods to himself, seemingly satisfied for whatever he was looking for. Reaching into the pouch around his waist he pulls out a small rag, reaching his other hand out for the item.

"If ye accept, let me polish her up for ya first. Can't let one of my works walk away without bein' perfect."

----

empressdonna

Keeping an eye out as you make your way towards the small tent you don't notice anything dangerous or out of the ordinary. Most other people nearby seem to be busy with their own duties or activities, in fact none seem to have noticed the voice call out to you at all. Odd...but it is a busy street after all.

Making your way up to the tent you noticed that it isn't very large at all and has clearly seen much better days. Most of its' color is faded, patches of sloth cover apparent holes or tears from years of use. Yet what is striking to you is the small figure sitting cross legged near the entrance of the tent. A small, frail Red Dragonborn woman of countless years sits on a small mat, her hand still outstretched towards you. She is clothed in a variety of fabrics and pieces of simple jewelry, the frills and horns on her head covered in gold and silver rings or small chains of intricately woven metals. Her clouded eyes stare in your direction as a small smile warms her face at your approach.

"Thank you, young lady. It pleases me that you would humble on old creature such as me with my request. I have something to ask of you if you would let me, if you would be so kind as to hear my tale."

"In my Clan I was a healer and wisewoman, watching scores of young hatchlings grow and become wise before my eyes. But as you can see, the years have been unkind to me in these later years. In the fading of my sight the Great God blessed me with the ability to sense great potential in people and a bit of their futures as well. Some come here with strong auras that I can sense some distance away, but yours...is something else."

She pauses a moment, closing her eyes and taking a deep breath before opening them again with another soft smile.

"Please, allow me this opportunity to see what the future after my time holds. It will not cost you anything, just your time."

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Happy that the Pickpocketing was this easy Borvik quickly puts the extra money into his bags. Now that I'm a bit richer i can wander the Marketplace and lookout for a Place that sells me some clean Clothes which are not to expensive.
((Perception: 1D20 = [5] = 5
))

Afterwards he tries to find a stall the sells some food.

((Perception: 1D20 = [4] = 4
))

((why am i this unlucky with rolls right now. :( ))

OP
OP
Sawneeks

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
(( Roytheone Are you blatantly following Borvik or are you trying to be sneaky about it? If you are being sneaky, could you roll me a stealth check real fast. ))

OP
OP
Sawneeks

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
(( Roy's rolls are Stealth: 1d20 + 0 = 5. Perception: 1d20 + 2 = 16. Since he didn't post them :p ))

Rynam Roytheone

Borvik, as you wander through the streets, coat held tightly against your form, you keep an eye out for any shop or booth that would have clothing to fit your frame. Unfortunately the only booths you do run across that aren't closed for the upcoming event or only selling food have leather armor made for creatures with a body size much larger than yourself. Belts, gloves, and leather vests can be found plenty in your search yet even the smallest size would do you little good as they were still much too large to use without trouble.

Yet as you wander through the streets and stop at the various stalls, you begin to notice that someone keeps reappearing whenever you look behind you. While Dragonborn are aplenty in this area, a Gold Dragonborn stands out starkly between the mix of Red, Green, and Bronze scales. While intent is unclear, they seem to be rather intently studying you though they aren't doing a very good job at hiding it.

Bakresh, as you follow this individual through the streets as they stop from stall to stall, shop to shop, you try and take in every detail that you can to figure out who they might be. Besides the raggedness about them, you notice that their clothing and visible equipment show signs of long use. They seem to have some sort of equipment or something metallic hidden under their cloak, something much stockier than a simple sword might betray. You'd wager a strong guess that they might be some sort of traveller or even adventurer, perhaps? Hard to say, but even at this distance you can tell they probably need a good shower. Or three.

As the figure turns away from a stall you catch a glimpse of their face with your keen eye, something they seem to be rather adamant about trying to hide given the deep hood. They have shockingly white hair and what seems to be some form of scar on the left side of their face. What is most intriguing is that, for a brief second, you could swear that their eyes glowed with a light of their own.

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Thinking someone is Following him, Borvik takes his gun into his hand, loads it, and confronts that Person to find out what they're planning.

OP
OP
Sawneeks

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Rynam Roytheone

As Borvik approaches with gun in hand and body taught and ready to strike, one or two of the nearby Dragonborn keep a cold eye on what is, potentially, about to take place. They are large, imposing figures: both with curved blades hanging from their hip and old wounds scattered across their bare chests and face. No insignia or crest adorns them to mark any service towards the city as guards or peacekeepers, though they still both reach for their weapons almost instinctively as they watch. And wait.

The rest seemingly go about their business either distracted, drunk, or just completely unaware that the odd metal and wooden contraption that Borvik now wields is a weapon.

Ynnek7

Oct 25, 2017
Anchor gives a nod of acknowledgement to the Bronze dragonborn and hands him the walking stick.

"I'd say that I know Her whims just about as well as any of us can claim to." He replies with a chuckle. "No matter how sure you are of yer heading, She always has a way of taking you where She wants you to be..."

Anchor begins to dig through his coin purse for the three gold and glances again over the collection of crafts.

"Again, this is all fine work. I take it that you're a ship's carpenter when not in port?"

empressdonna

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland, United Kingdom
Intrigued by the older woman's words, Serene nods enthusiastically.

"Of course! Is there anything special you need me to do other than listen?", she mostly just asks this for confirmation more than anything else – after all, she wanted to make sure everything worked out and it could give her tons of new future information to work on!

To her, everything and anything was worth learning about if she can, so her ears prick up to make sure that once the older dragonborn woman started to speak that she could hear everything she was going to say.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
"Sigh, when do you learn Bakresh, to not let your curiosity get you into trouble? Did you already forget about the cow incident" Bakresh thinks to himself when looking at the odd wooden contraption the stranger now wields. Well, at least he is on a busy street, and that thing looks like it makes enough noise to alert the whole city. You will be fine! Bakresh thinks in an attempt to convince himself nothing bad is happening. He raises his hand and tries to speaks in a friendly tone, doing a relatively poor job at hiding his nerves. "My apologies stranger, I mean you no harm. If I did, I wouldn't be standing here but instead a very big, very strong, very angry and also very drunk half orc. Well....at least attempt to stand. I just wanted to ask you some questions. How about we will continue this in a nearby inn and I will buy you a drink? I think that would be a preferable option compared to the alternative for the both of us!"

((I assume I do not need to search for an inn since I have been in the city for 3 days now?))

During this exchange, Bakresh keeps trying to make out the race of the stranger.

((perception roll: 1+2=3))

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
((That perception roll to find out my race. :D Neeks better gives you some funny answer with that natural 1. :D Even if i think thats not the right skill to find out someones Race))

Feeling that the Person before him doesn't have any evil thoughts Borvik lowers his Gun. "You're lucky that I'm not interested in a fight with these imbeciles there right now. *Points to the Dragonborn that reach for their weapons*. but don't think wrong, If you do anything suspicious i'll gladly shoot you and add you to my list. But for the moment your idea to get something to Drink, and maybe something to eat, sound like a good alternative. Show me the way Dragonborn."