• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Sawneeks

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ynnek7

"That she does, that she does…" The Dragonborn chuckled as he grabbed the Walking Stick and sat back down on the small chair behind him, laying the wooden stick across his lap. With the rag in one hand he began to clean the Walking Stick down to the small crevices between each hand-craft scale.

"I think you for the kind words, traveler. And aye, that is correct. I've worked across a number of vessels over the year, where ever any Captain will take me and pay for my work. Just in town for the Festival and to find some new work after that." He paused for a moment and flipped over the staff, taking a moment to glance to his right where a small yellow tent sat next to his booth. Watching a lithe feline figure approach the older red Dragonborn he huffed and resumed his work.

"Ye got a vessel by chance? A man such as yerself surely doesn't hurt for work in these parts, folks always could use a strong hand who knows the Seas."

--
empressdonna

The Dragonborn woman shook her head, a soft tinkling noise of metal-against-metal as the rings adorned on her head rubbed against each other. Reaching out an upturned hand towards Serene she replied, "Nothing but your time and your hand."

((For the sake of speed and not needing a reply for something so small I'm going to assume Serene offers her hand. If she wouldn't I'll change it))

With furred hand in hers, the woman places her other hand lightly on top of Serene's and holds it there. She closes her eyes and tilts her head down, her face oddly tranquil amongst the hustle and bustle of the town around her. This goes on for what feels like an eternity as the woman sits there motionless, the only sign of movement from the slow rising and falling of her chest.

Very slowly she opens her mouth and speaks, though her words seem emotionless, distant: void of the pleasant undertones that carried her words but just a little while earlier.

"You...search. For something you lost some time ago as it slipped through your fingers unnoticed until it was too late. No…no. Not something, someone. Yes. Heartache, loss. A piece of you that is missing amongst the waves of society is what you search for. They search for you as well but….distant. It is not as clear. Not trapped but they are held back."

For a moment she pauses, her face contorting in seeming confusing before she continues.

"Yet there is a stronger pull. There is a brighter future, a brighter fire before you. A fire that scorches the waves and reaches into the horizon, burning the setting sun. You must stand against it, defiant. Yet you are not alone. Besides you is the strength of the mountain long lost yet not forgotten, now tied to the Gods. The other a heart broken and lost like yours, gleaming like the sun as they search for answers to loss. Next is a light covered in shadow, bristling with fury, a torn and beaten and ragged thing yet still standing against the odds in defiance."

Her form shudders for a moment before she opens her eyes and looks up at you, her clouded gaze holding yours with a fierce light. By this point her claws are digging into your hand and holding it there with a grip like steel. She still speaks in a hollow voice though now there is an edge to it, tinged with fear and urgency.

"There is a ship amongst the flames, sailing it like the sea. It searches for something, something in the islands. Lost to time, lost to mortals. Yet it searches still for one thing. A snake, coiled around an arm with a dagger in its hands, the fangs of the serpent upon a small neck. You must not let it find that."

Almost in the blink of an eye her demeanor changes. Her eyes lose the fierce light, her form softens and sags once more with the weight of years, and her hands cease clinging to Serene's so tightly. The female Dragonborn breathes heavily as she stares in your direction, suddenly freeing Serene's hands as if she only just remembered she was still holding them.

"I-I'm so sorry...I...I have no idea what came over me."

---

Roytheone

((That's fine. You can pick a place if you'd like and continue your conversation with Borvik in there, I'll probably hop in to fill out the tavern/inn details once you guys are there.))

This close to the stranger you give him a better look, hoping to discover who exactly this individual is that you just invited to drink and eat with. As you peer closer the sun pierces down the street and shines directly towards you, throwing the figure's face into deeper shadows. There are still features you can make out of this individual, some clearer than they were beforehand. If you had to guess it….they seem to have some Elfish features about them. Definitely not Human, or at least not totally Human, but nothing awfully out of the ordinary.

Ynnek7

Oct 25, 2017
"No, the ship I was planning on leaving with left about a week ago. Wasn't aware the Festival was going on when I made my plans, and figured I'd stick around a bit longer to see it. I figure I'll find a ship heading out once everything is over, though."

Anchor walked the short distance over to the booth, partially to look over the small carvings again, but mostly to rest his weight against it, "And I try to help out when I can, but I'm mostly just a passenger these days. Been making a tour of as many temples and libraries I can find among these Islands, and most Captains aren't willing to wait in port as long as I'd like to stay."

Anchor thought for a moment, "And how about yourself? Have your next journey planned yet?"

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Reliefed Bakresh lowers his hand. "Follow me stranger, the inn I have been staying may not be a culinary wonder, but it is run by fine people. I am sure we will be able to find a nice, quite place to talk there!" While passing the 2 dragonborn that seemed ready to come to his aid Bakresh waves a gesture of thanks towards them.

Walking through the busy street towards the inn, Bakresh thinks back to the strange contraption that threatened his life only moments ago. What was that thing? Didn't he read about it in a book once? In order to help him remember, Bakresh mumbles the words and gestures the movements of the cantrip Guidance, like he has done a million times before in both his studies and his day to day life.

((I cast the cantrip guidance on myself))

Filled with the guiding light of the cantrip, Bakresh thinks hard about all the books he has read.

((Arcana roll:12 Guidance roll: 3 Total: 12+3+3=18))

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
((based on sawneeks reply on my roll I want to start a conversation with the stranger about the weapon, don't know if it is smart if rynam waits with his post on that or not))

empressdonna

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland, United Kingdom
((she would have 100% handed over her hand, there's no worries about that :D.))

The first lot of information Serene received almost brought the young Tabaxian to tears. She tried her best not to show it during her searches, but she really worried about Rain and a small voice in her head sometimes made her doubt that Rain was even still around. This small bite of information while minuscule in the grand scheme of things took away those doubts and for now at least she could feel relieved that she was doing the right thing and that she would find her eventually.

The next lot of information while interesting was also a little confusing. She couldn't tell if she knew the people the older woman was talking about or if they would be people she would meet in the future however she made a note to herself to keep what was said in mind and maybe it would come in handy later down the line.

However, the final piece of information was what intrigued Serene the most despite the fact the older woman's hold was a lot stronger and a lot more painful. Something that seemed important, something that had to stay hidden? Something that is being searched for.

When the older woman finally let go of her hand, Serene finally reacts to the pain, slowly opening and closing her hand over and over until it slowly ebbs away before looking over at the apologetic dragonborn.

"Please don't worry about it, I know you didn't mean it.", she gives a small smile trying her best to reassure the older woman. "Maybe the day has taken its toll on you and you need to rest."

She didn't really know if it was as simple as that, but she wasn't sure what else she could suggest that happened.

OP
OP
Sawneeks

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
((The other replies will come tomorrow, I promise! Things have been busy so I apologize for how long it is taking...))

Roytheone

With the aide of your spell you are able to recall bits and pieces of information regarding strange cylindrical weapons that have appeared throughout history from time to time. The exact workings behind these contraptions are well-guarded secrets by those who make them, most dying with the knowledge of how to build and maintain them without sharing it to another living person. Due to this there is little known beyond their appearance and some scraps of information on the individuals that wield them, though the deadly power that they can unleash and the amount of bloodshed they can create whenever they appear is well documented. From the books and tomes you have scoured over the years these objects seem to be of high demand for study, especially for the knowledge of how to make one.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
While walking through the busy streets, Bakresh remembered the tales he has read about these devices. He turns towards the stranger. "Excuse me sir, but I couldn't help notice the weapon you are carrying when you.....ehm....aimed it at me. I have read many accounts about these weapons and the destruction they can bring, but also have read that few wield them and even fewer can make them. If you don't mind asking, how have you come into possession of such a rare object?"

OP
OP
Sawneeks

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ynnek7

The Dragonborn absentmindedly nodded as Anchor spoke, most of his attention focus on the staff in his lap. Giving the wooden staff one finally look over he stood and turned, handing the finished piece to the Goliath with a tenderness that looked a bit out-of-place for a being of his size.

"And here you are, may she serve you well in your adventures and quest for knowledge."

Stuffing the rag back into his pouch he replied to the earlier question, "I have some Clanmates here for the Festival, might take off with 'em once the ceremonies are done. It's been some time since I was back home and I miss the sights n' smells. May just stay on land for a bit fore heading back out to the call of the sea. If its worship n' temples yer after I'd recommend Kaladan if ye haven't been there already. Biggest shrine to Kouvalu you'd ever lay eyes on, not to mention dozens of other Gods n' Godesses an such. For books that'd be with the Elves, though what Island of there's I can not say."

The Dragonborn looked up at the darkening sky and sniffed, muttering to himself about having to quickly close up shop so he wouldn't be late. Before turning and leaving Anchor the man extended his right hand in an open gesture to clasp the Goliath's and says, "Safe travels to you, sir. May the winds favor you."

--

empressdonna

"Rest, yes…" The woman muttered as her voice trailed off. She seemed as confused and bewildered as Serene was, having had little idea where such a prediction had come from. Taking a deep breath and shaking herself slightly the old Dragonborn put on a slight, but strained, smile.

Bowing her head low she again apologized. "I hope my words and actions did not detract from this wonderful festival. Perhaps you are right and it has simply been a long day. Maybe I shall turn in soon instead of staying out, the years have stolen much of the vigor of youth. Besides, the circus holds little for me anymore."

As she spoke the words and flash of recognition passed through her eyes and her face widened in surprise. "Oh! I hope I have not kept you too long, they say the circus is not something to miss ever since they introduced the Dorvalu clan! Please, go, enjoy the remainder of your time here. Now, if you will excuse me."

Shakely and with great care the woman pushed herself up off the cushion she was sitting on, reaching inside the tent to grab a very ornate staff carved in the likeness of waves crashing onto share. Somewhat unsurprisingly she was not very tall when standing thanks to her hunched stature, making her rather smaller than the other Dragonborn around.

She turned her head to the left and spoke over the quickly quieting din of the street, "Surut, would you help me take down the tent before you leave?"

His hand still extended to shake Anchor's, the Dragonborn named Surut made a disgruntled and slightly angry face at the sound of his name coming from the old woman. Not making a sound to convey his discontent with such a request he simply replied, "Of course, Svrena. Give me a moment."

(( For both empressdonna and Ynnek7 since you are both right there. If either of you speak Draconic then you will know
that 'Svrena' is the Draconic word for 'Wise Woman' in a formal tone.
))

Ynnek7

Oct 25, 2017
"I'm sure that she'll be a true companion at my side." Anchor said, accepting the staff and handing the young man his three gold.

"Kaladan? I'll keep that in mind. Certainly sounds like a promising destination. Thank you, again." Anchor hadn't yet thought about the next leg of his journey, usually leaving it to where ever sounded best from the choices in port. He had a good feeling about Kaladan, though, especially after hearing about it by chance from another who respected the Sea like himself.

Anchor took the Dragonborn's hand, "And safe travels to you, as well."

Seeing the annoyance on his face at the woman's request, Anchor leaned in a bit and whispered, "Here, let me make up for the two gold I owe you."

Anchor walked over to the elderly woman's tent, with a bit more ease than before due to his new walking stick, and removed his hat. Greeting both the Dragonborn and the Tabaxi, "Good evening! If you would allow, could I offer my aid in taking your tent down? I was just chatting with Surut, and feel bad for keeping him from his work."

((At this point, Anchor's just thinking that this isn't the first time Surut's neighbor has bothered him. Let me know if you need any rolls for the whisper/persuasion for asking if I could help instead))

Last edited:

empressdonna

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland, United Kingdom
Serene does her best to try not show the confusion on her face when hearing the male dragonborn speak. Was that the name of the woman that she'd been talking to or was it a word she didn't know?

Regardless, she felt it better just to let it go rather than to question it. It was something she could figure out later after all.

Her focus then switched to the taller gentleman who approached towards them. She gives a courtesy smile before taking a small yarn ball out of her left pocket and starting to fidget with it a bit while she thought about what she should do now.

Despite the woman's insistence to go and enjoy the rest of the day, perhaps she should also offer to help alongside the gentleman? With the cane he was holding, she figured that he could maybe use her help and that it would be faster to work together rather than to leave them to it. The circus could wait just a bit longer, right?

"If you want, I could help as well", she speaks up, putting away the yarn ball for now. "I'm not in any rush."

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
While Following the Dragonborn to the next Inn, Borvik just answers on his Question of how i came into possession of my gun with. "Made it myself many years ago." After a bit of Silence afterwards, Borvik asks how far it is to the next inn.

OP
OP
Sawneeks

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
empressdonna Ynnek7

Though unable to see the Goliath's bravado herself, the old Dragonborn woman smiled at the sound of his voice and welcoming tone. Before answering such a request Serene also voiced her support of helping the old woman in the task of removing and folding up her tent. At this she smiled even wider, an almost...unsettling sight given her draconic features and rather sharp teeth. Despite this there was a glow about her that slowly erased the remaining blank of doubt she had looming over her since first breaking out of her trance with the Tabaxi.

"I am humbled you would bother offer your help to me. I have little to offer in return but my thanks and blessing." She bowed slightly towards Serene and then next to Anchor, finally turning towards where Surut still stood, who was looking incredibly relieved, and said, "These two should be able to help you make the work much faster. I will be inside resting, you know where the tent goes when it is down."

She slowly hobbled her way down the road, giving both of you nods as she passed.

Once she was far enough away Surut sighed, "Thanks for the help, both of ye. I have nothing but respect for the Svrena but they can be….demanding, at times. 'Tis why I prefer the Seas to get away from such nagging."

"But, let's get to work. This should go quickly with you both helpin' out."

Dexterity: 1d20 + 3 = 7

The young Dragonborn walked around to the back of the tent and began to undo the stakes that held the canvas in place. His work was slower than he'd like, grunting and muttering under his breath as he came across multiple stakes that had been placed too deeply into the ground and were refusing to come lose.

((You both can make Dexterity checks if you'd like but I'll take Strength or a Skill as well.))

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Did....did he hear that right? Did this stranger really build the weapons himself? He may have been wrong about the stranger being some kind of exotic race, but this....this is even better! All the texts he has read about these weapons have all said that the skill to make the is EXTREMELY rare, and he can't recall a single book or scroll he has read that told about their creation. To think he will be able to talk to someone with a skill so rare! This is his chance to gather unique information nobody else has ever recorded! He will be hailed and respected as a scholar by everyone! Students will read his texts during their education! To think he would find such a chance is such an unlikely situation! In his enthusiasm he almost missed the stranger asking a question.

"It is not far now, we just go to the right h......no wait, maybe the left?" Bakresh realizes that by following the stranger, he is now in a part of town he doesn't recognize. He looks around for any distinguishable landmarks that may help him find out where they are.

((perception roll: 8+2=10))

OP
OP
Sawneeks

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
(( Praise be to the Elder God called E3: Bringer of Hype, Destroyer of Free Time. ))

Roytheone Rynam

Roll: 1d4 + 0 = 1

Bakresh takes in his surroundings as quickly as he can once he realizes he is offtrack of his original destination....very offtrack. He isn't entirely sure where he is in the town nor how he got there without realizing what he was doing. True he had a great research opportunity standing next to him, something that could leave his name to last through the echoes of time well after he was gone. But none of that was going to happen unless he found out where he was so he could take this stranger somewhere to talk.

The area around them was much more dilapidated than their previous local. Most of the structures were simply wooden in nature, most of them created with driftwood or other forms of lumber that had seen much better days. All of them seemed to be empty as well, their doors and windows shut tight as Bakresh looked up and down the short street they had ended up on. No passerbys are commonfolk were around this area, the only signs of life a dull hum of a crowd a few streets away.

Spinning around Bakresh notices that behind them, presumably where they had come from as it was the only way in and out of this small area, were the same large muscular Dragonborn from earlier with scars across their chest and arms. In their hands were the curved blades that earlier rested on their hips, both of their eyes darting between Borvik and Bakresh as they slowly approach.

The Bronze Dragonborn on the left raises his free hand and points it towards Bakresh, uttering in Draconic, "You there, Golden One. From where do you and your companion hail?"

Ynnek7

Oct 25, 2017
((Rolled a strength of 10+2 =12 to try to help pull up any stakes that Surut had to pass by and anything else Anchor can help with.))

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
The outburst of Draconic disturbs the relative quiet amidst this lane of shanties, but especially rustles the lean-to nearest.

It is a most makeshift shelter; a kayak flipped over and propped up onto its side by a stick, with a large quilt draped over the hollow as a privacy curtain. Now, the gruff noise awakens its occupant from an equally rough sleep.

Unkempt from her angled bed of sand, a bleary-eyed Veyhat Am peeks outside from under the quilt curtain; wincing, as she watches two burly armed Dragonborn sauntering up to a scrawnier third that stands beside a curious hooded figure. Although dying, the daylight still stings.

empressdonna

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland, United Kingdom
Serene pondered about maybe asking a question to the people that she was helping, however she decided that would probably cause the job of taking down the tent last longer than it probably needed to so she would focus on that instead.

((Dex roll: 10+3 = 13))

OP
OP
Sawneeks

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Blargonaut

Hearing a soft rustling behind and off to the side, the Red Dragonborn accompanying the one who just growled in Draconic straightened and glance around. It took him a moment but his eyes scanned over Veyhat's makeshift abode and locked onto hers. A harshness radiated from his amber gaze as he flicked his sword his her direction, ushering her to come forward.

Noticing your Human features, in a very rough and thick accent he spoke in Common, "Come. Our Captain only wishes to speak to these two but you are now a witness. You must come with us."

---

Ynnek7 empressdonna

At a reasonable pace the combined work of Serene, Anchor, and Surut make taking down the tent a very simple task. With Anchor and Surut pulling out the stakes and Serene making quick work of taking down the canvas itself and folding it into a more compact and portable size, it takes the group only a few minutes to complete their work. Placing the group of wooden stakes on top of the folded canvas the Dragonborn sighs in relief and gives a small, toothy smile.

"Ye really didn't have to do this, but it is greatly appreciated." He paused for a moment and bent down to pick up the now-folded canvas and wooden stakes despite their combined weight. "If either of ye find your travels taking you to the Isle of Sibataal, tell any Bronze there that ye know Surut and are a friend. My Clanmates will help ye with anythin' ye may need."

Shifting the bundle in his arms to get a better grip, he nods to you both and utters a "Safe to travels to ye both!" before beginning to walk off in the same direction the elderly Dragonborn woman went.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Bakresh looks at the intimidating duo wielding their swords. He quickly realizes that he may have misjudged their intent back in the main street, but he sees no reason to escalate the situation.....yet. Barkesh beings to speak in a calm, friendly tone, well...for as far that is possible in draconic. "Greetings friends! I appreciate the concern, but that ordeal back there was just a silly misunderstanding, me and my new companion here have no more quarrel! As for your question: I come from a small village quite far from here on the mainland. It is not something of note so I will spare you the boring details!"

As Bakresh spins to his side to translate the question into common for the stranger, he hears the bouldering voice of one of the dragonborn again, this time in common.

"Come. Our Captain only wishes to speak to these two but you are now a witness. You must come with us." The dragonborn points his sword aggressively towards a figure under what looks to be a flipped kayak.

Well....thats not good. While the duo clearly didn't posses any of the equipment that would normally signify their membership of the local peacekeepers, Bakresh still had a bit of hope they were part of some kind of undercover group. However, if they were, there would have been no need to take this complete stranger just because she was a witness to the current happenings. The duo was clearly also not just some drunk ruffians looking for a fight, judging from them speaking about a captain.

Bakresh moves his hands closer to his mace he always keeps hidden in his clothes. "Excuse me, but may I ask who you guys are?"

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
((oh shit))

As the red one sharply beckons, Veyhat shuts her eyes for a long moment before sighing back behind the drape. Yet another such moment, before she drags herself out from underneath the overturned boat, tugging a broad strap. It is a battered grey rucksack she heaves with a puff across the ground, kneeling to swing it firm onto her shoulder. Sand billows off her as she staggers off a crouch to her moccasined feet.

Standing now, a bit off to the side but behind the two pushy Dragonborn, she finds herself behind both duos... with an apparently clear run out of this dead end.

Facing all four of them, Veyhat slowly raises her hands above her head to stretch. The pack's sheer weight imbalances her arching; she wobbles on her toes, but catches herself as her arms flop back down to a drowsy akimbo.

Tucked into the patterned scarf tied around her waist, are a coil of pale rope and a flaxen pouch. The sunny orange of her long-sleeved blouse is faded near to the beige of her breeches. And, adorning her neck in the form of a braided choker, is a dark gem against her tanned skin. She has the build of a strong swimmer.

With a slight turn of head at the latest speaker, Veyhat then looks past to regard the yellow-ish Dragonborn and the hooded figure beside him, silently squinting through her dishevelled long hair at the pair.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
With sudden speed the hooded one brandishes a... staff? Out from under their cloak, and she sees it pointed at the two bruisers before her with a sibilant yell; alarmed by the assumption of imminent magic, Veyhat starts to inch backwards towards the alley's far exit.

empressdonna

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland, United Kingdom
A flash of recognition crosses Serene's face once she hears the island's name though she desperately tries to hold back anything else from showing apart from that. Despite the amount of time that had passed, it was still hard for her to hear the name of the island though she thought she could handle herself a lot better now compared to how she was nearer the time.

She gives a quiet nod in response before watching Surut walk off into the distance. Turning back towards the goliath stranger she says, "I'll be on my way as well. I'm going to see what this circus is all about unless you are also walking that way of course?"

It wasn't that she didn't mind travelling alone of course, it would just be silly for her to start walking in that direction if they were also going that way as well!

Ynnek7

Oct 25, 2017
"Safe travels, friend!" Anchor replied with a wave as Surut walked away.

Turning to face the Tabaxi, he said, "With all I've been hearing about this circus, it would be a shame to miss it. I'll be heading that way as well, if you don't mind the company?"

He put his hand forward, "The names Anchor."

OP
OP
Sawneeks

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Roytheone Rynam Blargonaut

The Bronze Dragonborn nods as Bakresh finishes speaking, opening his mouth to utter a reply before it is cut off by Borvik's sudden brandishing of his weapon and threat in Draconic, causing him to stop his advance. Shocked at both the sudden ferocity of this stranger and his apparent knowledge of the Draconic language he cast a glance to his red-scaled partner who was still calmly watching Veyhat. Catching his partner's gaze out of the corner of his eye the Red Dragonborn grunted and gave a sharp nod, his gaze not once leaving that of Veyhat's.

Raising his free hand in a gesture of peace the Bronze replies in Draconic, "We mean you no harm, Hooded One. 'Tis a precaution we must take during these times, you understand." Turning his gaze slightly to meet Bakresh's, with the occasional glance back at Borvik, he continued, "We are Kivvar" - he motions to himself and then to his partner - "and Levak, here at the command of our Captain. She believes you can be of service to us if you accept her offer. You will be rewarded well, of course. She wishes to have your presence before her to discuss the details, somewhere much safer where no unwanted passerbys may report on our location. Do you accept?"

At this, Kivvar glanced once more to his red-scaled partner. Lowering his blade to his side, Levak began to take a few steps towards Veyhat, his body tensed and ready to spring if necessary. In the same guttural growl as before he asked in rough Common, "Do understand Draconic, Small One?"

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
To Red who approaches with a tongue she understands, her stare replies. His each step forward urges her to spin to bolt further; but as she continues to backstep away, Veyhat maintains their distance unabated, along with her resolve.

Slow feet, quick pulse; in Common, Veyhat says, "Best not stray too far from your partner."

She glances at the growing gap of ground between Red and Bronze, then at Yellowish and Hoodwink.

empressdonna

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland, United Kingdom
"Of course I don't!", Serene responds happily before putting out a paw towards his hand and giving it a small shake, "I'm Serene. It's nice to meet you Anchor."

She reaches with her other paw towards her backpack strap and makes sure it is still sitting correctly on her back. It seemed to be fine for now, so she decides to leave it be.

"So, shall we?", she pipes up again giving Anchor a big smile.

Ynnek7

Oct 25, 2017
"It's nice to meet you, too, Serene!" Anchor responds, returning the smile. "Lead the way!"

After the work of putting the tent away, Anchor adjusts his coat and makes sure his hat is firmly on before heading in the direction that the dwindling crowd is going.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Bakresh looks at Kivvar and Levak. He wants to believe that the 2 mean them no harm, but he isn't sure. He can understand being careful in these streets, the figure now standing at the opposite side of the street could very well be a bandit that was ready to rob or stab them. or both! Still, why does their captain wants to speak to the both of them? They only just met, hell he doesn't even know his new companions name yet! Yet somehow this captains specifically asked for the both of them? And why did they want to be absolutely sure to have no witnesses around? A confusing, yet at the same time very intriguing turn of events. He thinks back at the words and actions of the 2 dragonborn, and with the help of his trusted guidance cantrip he tries to figure out if they are speaking the truth or not.

((insight: 16+2+4=22))

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Thinking these 2 Dragonborn don't have evil intentions Borvik lowers his gun a bit but still gripping it to shoot at a moments notice, and nods to the idea to follow them for now.

((Sent an insight roll to sawneeks))

OP
OP
Sawneeks

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Roytheone

Taking a moment and focusing on the divine energy that permeates all things, Bakresh mutters under his breath a quick prayer and focuses the energy towards himself to heighten his senses for a brief moment. Clarity and certainty fills his mind in a rush as the divine magic blessed to him by his God flows through him. Refocusing on the Dragonborn before him, Bakresh reflects on their previous appearance in the street and their current demands now. He had noticed then but simply attributed it to his situation with this hooded stranger but these two Dragonborn did seem tense and their weapons at the ready to be drawn back then. Perhaps instead of aiming to protect Bakresh they had some other intent back in the street? But that action does little to explain the situation now except for the continuation of their tense attitude and body language. The lead man, Kivvar, also seems to be on high alert as he darts his eyes around at any sudden noise, creak, or gust of wind and tightens his hand on his blade.

Despite this high level of stress and wariness that comes off of these two Dragonborn...Bakresh does not feel like they are trying to cause him ill will. They seem earnest in their request and there is no sign of any deviousness to their approach even if it was suspicious to start. Though it definitely feels like there is much more that is not being said, something that is likely the cause of their heightened and alert states. There is also a feeling, however faint through the assistance of the divine energy, that these two do not quite understand the request they were given and are just dutifully following orders.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Bakresh calls down and removes his hands from his mace. He is relieved to see his companion also calming down next to him, seemingly agreeing with following the 2 dragonborn. "My name is Bakresh" he introduces himself in draconic, accompanied by what was supposed to be an elegant, friendly bow but ended up looking more like he almost lost his balance and fell forward. "I sense that you mean us no harm and are telling the truth, lead the way and we will follow" .

Bakresh looks at the end of the street where Levak and the mysterious figure seem to be having a staring contest. He is too far away to see who is winning.

"A word of warning though, if you or your partner were to harm someone unprovoked, I may have to reconsider my agreement to follow you".

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
Looking on, Veyhat frowns as Hoodwink lowers the staff, and Yellowish... bows?

She turns and bolts down the alley, towards its exit.

((Assuming that Levak is within 5ft range of me as I turn and sprint away, I'm calling my Skirmisher feature into play; if he's within 5ft of me, as a reaction I can move up to 15ft away without provoking an opportunity attack from him.

...assuming that I'm understanding how to use this feature, of course. If I've misunderstood, then I just plain turn and start to run like hell, without being all slippery about it))

OP
OP
Sawneeks

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Roytheone Rynam Blargonaut

((Typically yes, that would be the move to use if we were in combat. Since we're not in combat (yet??) and he was more than 5 feet away it wouldn't trigger. You're still booking it though. ))

Seeing Bakresh mysteriously mutter under his breath the Dragonborn shifts his weight, ready to dart out of the way if there were any sudden signs of an attack. However, the tension left him as the Golden Dragonborn answered his request with a formal bow and the hooded figure beside him lowering the strange object clutched in its hands with a nod of acceptance. Slowly exhaling through his nose, Kivvar relaxes his body somewhat and eases the tension in his sword arm though he does not yet sheath his weapon.

"Understood, Bakresh. Know that is not our intent...but we will protect our own if it came to it. Now, come. We have much to discuss and very little ti-"

The sounds of scuffling of feet and a growled curse from Levvak cut the other's sentence off as he spun around just in time to see the slender figure of Veyhat dart towards the street's exit. Despite his imposing size Levvak was surprisingly agile for a Dragonborn as he immediately took off in pursuit to stop her. In a split second decision and not trusting himself to take a ranged show of force to stop her, the Dragonborn thundered down the street after her and took a leaping dive to try and catch her.

((Roll me either a straight Dexterity check or Athletics/Acrobatics to try and dodge the catch if you want.))

Seeing his partner dash after Veyhat, Kivvar growled under his breath and spat out a string of curses in Draconic that would make a Dwarf blush. He glanced back to Bakresh and Borvik to make sure they had not tried anything in the sudden split-second of distraction and threw out a quick, "Stay here!" before dashing towards his partner.

---

empressdonna Ynnek7

With the streets now relatively clear of people the way towards the apparent site of the circus was easy enough to follow and make way towards. Both Anchor and Serene notice that the closer they get to shore the more elaborate the buildings lining this area become. A vast majority are made with finer wood and even some mingle with stone of various origins.

Approaching the northern point of the Town the outlying streets begin to end and merge together as the land itself becomes narrower, eventually becoming one single street. Before both Serene and Anchor the buildings here give way to rocky outcroppings; a natural surf break protecting the buildings this close to the sea. Hidden in the shadows cast by the setting sun the main road narrows and curves around a sharp outcropping of rocks, a single jutting piece roughly as tall as Anchor sitting in the middle of the road's path. Adorned all around this rock are hanging drapes made of a combination of brilliantly vibrant flowers, seashells and sand-polished stones, as well as intricately carved bleached bones of uncertain origin. A massive driftwood replica of what could only be guessed as the head of Kouvalu rests on to of it, the Dragon's maw opened in a great snarl towards all who approach.

Rounding the corner around this great rock leads to a small winding pathway in the surf break that gently begins to rise in elevation. Lit torches line the pathway at regular intervals to give light to the shadowed path.

Continuing upwards along the path the rumbling sound of a crowd grows larger with an occasional muffled crash of a nearby wave breaking up the sound. Before Anchor and Serene stands two more jutting rocks out of the surrounding piles at the end of the pathway, these ones much thinner and taller than the one at the entrance. Hanging between them are dozens of blue flowers strung together and tied close to the tips of the rocks. Sitting on the tops of these rocks, similar to the entrance, are two masterfully carved Dragons out of driftwood. One of them is significantly larger than the other, its' wings spread in an upward arc as it stands on its hind legs and roars at the heavens. The other is smaller both in size and given to the creature standing on all fours, though instead of one snarling head it has five.

Approaching the entrance guarded by the dance of Kouvalu and Tiamat the two travellers stand before the scene that unfolds before them.

The surf break here dips down slightly and curves towards the setting sun, the majority of it wide before quickly narrowing and tapering off towards the end of the curve and ending shortly after that. It was here that someone or some Clan must have tirelessly worked to break away the jagged rocks and smooth the rocky floor to create this meeting place that was now crowded with life. A massive pear-shaped section of the rocks had been removed, the wider end towards the entrance and the narrower rounded section being close to the narrowing curve of the break. All around the edges of this smoothed area still stand the original jagged stones creating this surf break, protecting the crowds from either falling into the ocean or from the sea's waves causing havoc. Though these rocky edges still stood they were only four to five feet tall at the most, some significantly smaller allowing view out into the horizon and blaze of the setting sun.

There are no structures here outside of a raised stone platform a handful of feet away to the right of the entrance, a sturdy wooden covering constructed atop it. Standing in front of it are several Dragonborn with something glittering across their chests, though it's difficult to see at this angle what exactly it is.

Yet despite the crowds of Dragonborn and other humanoids, there are still pockets of spaces here and there to catch a view out towards the horizon. The sun is half buried into the sea at this point, allowing maybe twenty or so minutes before dusk ends and the night begins.

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
While Both Dragonborn seem to be distracted i start Focusing on my Disciple of Iron Durability, increasing my AC by 1

((Takes 1 turn to change my focus, think there's enough time for it right now.))

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
((gonna go for an Athletics check, so that's 1d20 roll plus my skill bonus, sooo via Discord

Athletics: 14 (+6) = 20 ))

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Bakresh rolls his eyes. He can't say he particularly cares for being commanded like this, but he assumes it is a result of the 2 dragonborn clear inexperience with being friendly. He hopes their captain is more versed in the skill of.....not coming over like a total jackass.

He turns to his companion.

"Our conversation with these 2....ehm...lets call them "gentlemen" made me realize I never introduced myself. My name is Bakresh Wooldurth" Bakresh sticks his hand out in a gesture of greeting.

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Borvik takes the Hand the strange Dragonborn extends to him as a Greeting and says. "Hello Bakresh, my name is of no importance here. Let's just wait silently until the others come back."

empressdonna

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland, United Kingdom
Serene's eyes are darting all over to take in everything - it really looked amazing especially with the way that the rocks were formed to make this area what it was.

Not to mention the view! Even with the large crowd, just the brief glimpses that she caught looked stunning.

"It's really something, isn't it?", she says almost giddy with excitement over this whole scene.

Ynnek7

Oct 25, 2017
"It truly is an amazing place", Anchor replied as he took in the sights. "The work they have put into creating this amphitheater must have been tremendous."

"I wonder if this is usually a place of worship towards Kouvalu? An outdoor temple of sorts. It certainly looks grander than some of the temples I've visited!", he finished with a small laugh.

For a moment he closed his eyes and tried to listen for the occasional crashing wave that rose above the sound of the crowd, before continuing on to find a decent spot to stop.

empressdonna

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland, United Kingdom
"I can't imagine how hard it would have been," she responds before looking once more towards the view before turning around and noticing that her fellow circus buddy had moved on, Serene tries her best to keep up with him to get to a good viewing place.

She didn't want to miss a thing which she probably would if she kept gawking at everything else like a complete tourist.

OP
OP
Sawneeks

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Blargonaut

Hearing the loud footfalls of the approaching Dragonborn, Veyhat glances over her shoulder just in time to see Levvak take a dive directly at her. In a quick motion she leaps up into the air and just misses the man's grip as he reaches to grab her and only catches air. Crashing to the ground the Dragonborn curses and begins to scramble to his feet as Veyhat quickly leaves him behind, the leap hardly slowing her down.

Skidding to a halt besides his partner, Kivvar drops his sword and reaches behind his back to pull out a dagger he kept hidden in the lining of his pants. Using the momentum of his run he turns and throws the dagger directly at Veyhat's legs in the aims of tripping her or slowing her down.

((Rolled an attack at Disadvantage because it's targeted. First was a 20, second was a 12. Total of 13 against your AC.))
((Damage: 1d4 + 1 = 5.))

Seeing the attack strike home the Dragonborn grunts in satisfaction and dashes down the street towards the now-wound Veyhat.

---
empressdonna Ynnek7

With Anchor having a good head or two of height above most Dragonborn, traversing this crowd was of little issue to the Giant. People parted when they saw him approach and the small avenues of open space stayed relatively clear when he walked through them. Serene had little issue keeping up with the man as well given he kinda stuck out of the crowd a bit even if she did have to squeeze by a few people who reformed their group after he had walked by.

It did not take long for Anchor to find a good spot. Situated close to the rocky edge of this meeting area where the space began to curve and dip down slightly, it provided a perfect vantage point above the crowd and out towards the ocean. The sun herself was continuing to set below the sea, the last of her rays of light piercing a quickly darkening sky.

Against the backdrop of the brilliance of the setting sun to the west was a rapidly approaching ship that caught the attention of the murmuring crowd. Even at this distance it was easy to tell that this was a massive vessel, though the exact details of the craft were still unclear. Whatever the exact nature of it is, the Dragonborn members of the crowd reacted in excitement at the sight of it.

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Borvik sits on one of the nearby Barrels, getting some Rations out of his Bag of Holding and starts to eat it while watching the nearby scene unfold.

OP
OP
Sawneeks

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
(( Here is the current map of Mykanos with Player locations:

l3CKW3o.jpg
))

Ynnek7

Oct 25, 2017
"Ah, sorry if I almost lost you back there." Anchor said to Serene, as he came to a stop again. "I don't usually travel with others, and it's been even longer since I've been in a crowd this large."

"Does this seem okay to you? I think we should have a good view once that boat gets closer to shore."

empressdonna

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland, United Kingdom
"Oh no, that's okay! It was partly my fault as well," Serene replies as calmly as can muster though she seems a little nervous about it. The urge to reach into her pocket to grab out her yarn ball to fidget with was extremely tempting, however, she put that thought to the back of her mind for now.

'Later', she thought to herself, 'I'll use it later'

After a few minutes of looking to her left and right, she nods affirmatively in response to the question "This seems to be a perfect spot to me"

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
Pain sears her calf, Veyhat yelps; but as her foot falls running, the leg doesn't buckle. Adrenaline drives her out of the alley into a wider street, where she whirls to glance back and sees Red and Bronze chasing a streak of crimson up to her bleeding leg, from which a knife protrudes. Gritting her teeth, she turns to hobble in a half-run towards the far dock that stretches from the waterside, going yelling, "Help! Fire! There's a fire! Help!"

((I'm going towards the dock on the left of the map))