• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

legacyzero

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Offshorers Demand: No Taxes, No Risk
https://medium.com/@USWBlogger/offshorers-demand-no-taxes-no-risk-1c6a85183dfe

Ford hit Michigan and its auto workers with some crappy holiday news. Instead of building a $700 million electric vehicle factory in Michigan as promised in January, Ford will construct the plant in Mexico.

Ford reneged on its promise to Michigan workers just days after the Senate passed a tax plan intended to end levies on corporate profits made at factories offshore — in places like Mexico. News of the letdown also arrived just days before new negotiations on a revised North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) are to begin in Washington, D.C.

Trump administration officials don't sound like they're buying the corporate line, however. And they shouldn't. NAFTA has cost Americans nearly a million jobsas thousands of factoriesmigrated to Mexico. As he campaigned, President Trump promised untold numbers of factory workers and their families across the nation's industrial belt that he would fix or end NAFTA to keep jobs and industry in America. He needs to keep that promise.

The Rust Belt's gonna have some serious voters remorse in the coming few years. BUT HER EMAILS.

Abstrusity

Oct 27, 2017
If he keeps that promise, the jobs won't come back any time soon, but we will lose millions of jobs near instantly.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
That Senate tax plan is going to wind up helping Dems win next year.

It has so many stupid loopholes in it.

Gennady

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
The only logical step is to disband NAFTA or at least the ISDS, did the senate pass this out of spite against the executive branch?

BlinkBlank

Oct 27, 2017
And now have Apple on the verge of bringing back 47 billion to the US due to another looming corporate handout from the government in reduction of taxes to re-patriot. I understand that we want to help out American companies to succeed, but do you really think the majority of the Bay Area will feel their success, or even the majority of Apples employees.

Ford never was bound to this statement. Like everything in this day and age, no one is being held accountable.

Charsace

Chicken Chaser
Nov 22, 2017
LOL this is some good news to wake up to. They can just frack the hell out of all of Michigan if they aren't bringing the promised plants. Don't worry Trump will get them paid some way, some how.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
Ford has absolutely no loyalty towards its factory workers in Michigan. It despised the UAW and uses this cycle of moving plants to other countries and then moving them back to continually cut UAW membership and worker benefits. All the while the Ford family profits like crazy.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
Deserved. Stuff like this was obvious to anyone with a lick of sense something 60+ million people seem to be lacking.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
It'd be wonderful if the people affected by this in factory towns in Michigan and Ohio remember this come November and 2020. They won't, but it'd be nice.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
I want "gave a 100% tax break to encourage companies to ship jobs overseas" to be on the screen in every political ad in every state in 2018.

OP
OP
legacyzero

legacyzero

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I want "gave a 100% tax break to encourage companies to ship jobs overseas" to be on the screen in every political ad in every state in 2018.
You may not need to. When Trump voters see their taxes raise, their healthcare taken away, and their jobs destroyed, Perhaps maybe they'll wake up. Note: I'm talking Trump voters, not supporters. I tend to differentiate. Trump has a base that will ride this mother fucker till the wheels fall off because "MAGA!", but white econo voters who didn't like Hillary- If the dems dont go after their asses in the next year, there's no hope for us.

PatMan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully this translate to MI going blue in 2018 for the Gov and 2020 in the electoral college.

Oct 25, 2017
You may not need to. When Trump voters see their taxes raise, their healthcare taken away, and their jobs destroyed, Perhaps maybe they'll wake up. Note: I'm talking Trump voters, not supporters. I tend to differentiate. Trump has a base that will ride this mother fucker till the wheels fall off because "MAGA!", but white econo voters who didn't like Hillary- If the dems dont go after their asses in the next year, there's no hope for us.
Please give me a reason to believe these people won't just say "what's bad is actually good" and vote R anyway? If people took an honest look at the aftermath of these things, I don't even know how the modern GOP would exist.

Did average Americans ever take stock of what Reagan's tax cuts did and change their beliefs accordingly? I bet over 90% of Trump voters with any opinion on Reagan's cuts would tell you they were great for everyone.

ahoyhoy

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully poor white people in Michigan of all places will finally realize that corporations are not their friend.

I mean, how many times do you need to get fucked by them to realize it.

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully poor white people in Michigan of all places will finally realize that corporations are not their friend.

Many more times. Nothing is forgotten more quickly than being fucked.

Oct 25, 2017

There are families in WV that have mined coal for generations, and know just about everything about the state of the industry that a worker could, probably getting a Coal Monthly magazine, and yet still think coal can come back. Sometimes first hand experience can't save people from having a profoundly stupid belief.

ahoyhoy

Oct 25, 2017
There are families in WV that have mined coal for generations, and know just about everything about the state of the industry that a worker could, probably getting a Coal Monthly magazine, and yet still think coal can come back. Sometimes first hand experience can't save people from having a profoundly stupid belief.

It's an awful race to the bottom and they don't realize it. Coal companies will want to continue cutting back regulations to squeeze those last pennies out of those communities and will jump ship as soon as some other energy form is more profitable. They've been doing this for decades and they're fucking gaslighted so hard they think it's actually the fault of the people that want to keep them from getting maimed in mines or their water sources from giving their kids developmental problems. It's so so fucked up.

Fuck Supply Side Jesus.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It's going to go something like "Well I might end NAFTA, I just might, so Ford will have to think very hard about it, very hard, and if they make that decision I think they'll lose a lot of money. They'll lose a lot because if they move it to Mexico and can't sell their cars in the US without paying a big fee, they won't be making any money. It will be a big fat fee. It's not complicated, it really isn't, believe me; you make it here, or you don't sell it here!"

*applauses and woos"

SK4TE

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
He did the polar opposite of what he promised. How can his supporters stand by him?

Deleted member 13628

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They're not smart enough to realize simple cause and effect or to question how anything works. I'm not joking. These backwater rednecks are barely sentient. They will accept whatever they are told. Republican media will blame tax hikes and medicare cuts on democrats and that will be all they need to hear.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
He did the polar opposite of what he promised. How can his supporters stand by him?

They're still trying to go after minorities, LGBT and non-Christians. That makes everything else tolerable, it seems. People will undergo an impressive amount of humiliation and suffering if they believe the people they don't like are getting it worse.

Oct 25, 2017
The UAW said roughly 28% of it's membership voted Trump.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/bu...10/uaw-believes-members-voted-trump/93606668/

You have to wonder how many have the mental capacity to realize what a mistake that was vs. how many are happy simply because the libtards are mad.
A bunch of dudes in their 40s and 50s are more worried about living paycheck to paycheck than sticking it to the "libtards". Regardless of the UAW explicitly supporting and endorsing Clinton, these people aren't really all that well educated. The number is about what I'd expect it to be
Ford has absolutely no loyalty towards its factory workers in Michigan. It despised the UAW and uses this cycle of moving plants to other countries and then moving them back to continually cut UAW membership and worker benefits. All the while the Ford family profits like crazy.
Yeah Ford and the other manufacturers have pretty much destroyed the state economy to avoid treating their workers fairly
It'd be wonderful if the people affected by this in factory towns in Michigan and Ohio remember this come November and 2020. They won't, but it'd be nice.
Hopefully this translate to MI going blue in 2018 for the Gov and 2020 in the electoral college.
Most of the people affected aren't enough to turn over the state. The heavy industrial areas surrounding Detroit already vote blue as is. I can see the Gov vote changing only because fucking nobody likes Snyder, but the rest is a hat toss.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Hey trump! Look at that! even if your stupid wall ever got built, or could stop anything, mexicans will still steal all those jobs you promised, sucker!

RedValkyrie

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Shitty article with an obvious agenda gives half the story.

Sherif Marakby, Ford's vice president for autonomous vehicles and electrification, said Thursday that the company had altered its plans for the Michigan plant — in Flat Rock, 25 miles southwest of Detroit — because it now expected the market for self-driving cars for taxis and delivery fleets to grow rapidly after it rolls out its first model in 2021.

"We want to make sure we have the capacity at Flat Rock when we launch," he said in an interview. "We are very optimistic that we will grow the volume in the autonomous business."

Ford now plans to invest $900 million in the Flat Rock location, up from $700 million. The company said the retooling for autonomous vehicles would create 850 jobs there, 150 more than it previously expected.
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/12/07/business/ford-plant-electric.html?referer=

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017

They voted for Trump because they thought he was a billionaire that was just like poor people, which is an amazing conclusion to reach about him. He might be as uneducated as they are, but that's about it for the comparison.

Because he's not a liberal, so that's all that really matters to them. It's like sports to them, as they don't care if they lose if the other team suffers greatly for what "win" they might get.