• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
Monaco Anime Game International Conferences (Aka MAGIC Monaco) is having its press conference right now and, thanks to Gameblog Editor Romain Mahut, we learn some interesting things about the 2018 edition (that will occur the 24th of February):

- The guests this year are Yu Suzuki (Shenmue III), Yoji Shinkawa (Kojima Productions), Oskar Guilbert (DONTNOD CEO), Philippe Moreau (Vampyr's Game Director)
- The Nintendo PlayStation will be present and playable
- New screenshots and gameplay details on Shenmue III are expected
- DONTNOD's Vampyr will be demoed live
- A game creation contest will be hold with a 100.000 € investment prize for the winner's project. The jury: Jordan Mechner (Prince of Persia), Philippe Moreau (Vampyr) and Maxence Devoghelaere (last year winner)

That's all I got for now. Well, two screenshots branded as "exclusives" for Shenmue III also (haven't check if they're truly new so sorry in advance if that's not the case):

CWOhkjV.jpg

gKvU6Hz.jpg

I'll update if new informations arrive.

Molto

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really happy with the progress they're making on the visuals. Those character models seem to be a big step up from what they've showed in the past.

Sexy Fish

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Every time I see Shenmue 3 screens it looks like a weird graphics benchmark test from 3 years ago.

I need it in my veins.

lcap

Oct 27, 2017
The saddest takeaway from this is that Vampyr probably won't be released by then. Was hoping for a February release.

seiki

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Something about that picture with Ryo and Shenhua make me feel like they're in love... and that's not right.

OP
OP
Maxime

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
The saddest takeaway from this is that Vampyr probably won't be released by then. Was hoping for a February release.

Don't expect a release before April. Focus Home (the publisher) is moving its fiscal year in 2018 form 31.12 to 31.03 and I really doubt they'll release their biggest title "between" two fiscal years.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Once again, the environments are gorgeous and show loads of promise, but the character models fail to convince. All this time and they still haven't come close to nailing how Ryo looked in the earlier games. Or Shenhua for that matter.

Something about that picture with Ryo and Shenhua make me feel like they're in love... and that's not right.

You still batting for Team Nozomi? Forget it, it's over. She's in Canada now.

Deleted member 34788

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Looking better with each update. The game has come a long way since 2015.

Indeed, the faces are of the artistic design shemue has embraced since the original, but they look a lot lot better then we have seen in the last year. Eyes look much more lively.

It looks like the body proportions and better too.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Characters look fine.

We've seen what Ryo's render looks like and there's been little complaints. This is just another angle. Shenhua looks wayyyyy better than before.

The most important thing to take away is that progress is being made and that these screenshots will already be months old by now. It already looks better than this.

Looking forward to seeing gameplay.

Spaghetti

Dec 2, 2017
I wasn't that bugged by the Gamescom models, but these are coming closer and closer to Kenji Miyawaki's original 2D designs for the characters and I'm 100% okay with that.

2JXGXwF.jpg

seiki

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just nitpicking but the thread title says "gameplay of Shenmue 3" but they are just screens. It is a bit inaccurate to describe it as that, it should be retitled somehow mentioning it is just the press conference but apart from that it seems fine.

@ShenmueGuru

Nov 7, 2017
Models look great! If you think they are still not quite there yet, look at each stage of progression over the past 2 years. They will be perfect. Trust in Yu-san.

Great images! This game is starting to come around very nicely!

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The faces look good in screenshots now. Perhaps their animation actually will end up decent, here's hoping.

seiki

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You still batting for Team Nozomi? Forget it, it's over. She's in Canada now.
It still seems strange that they are forming some sort of love interest in each other. It shouldn't really be that way but instead just in a "friends" type of way. It's very likely he ends up with Nozomi in the end he can't mix with other girls. We know Shenhua is the mostly the heroine of the series but surely her closest attatchment to Ryo is being a helpful ally.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It still seems strange that they are forming some sort of love interest in each other. It shouldn't really be that way but instead just in a "friends" type of way. It's very likely he ends up with Nozomi in the end he can't mix with other girls. We know Shenhua is the mostly the heroine of the series but surely her closest attatchment to Ryo is being a helpful ally.

Ryo will field phone calls from Nozomi throughout Shenmue III.

seiki

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ryo will field phone calls from Nozomi throughout Shenmue III.
I know that. I hope these phone calls aren't backer exclusive I'm not a backer unfortunately! :( so it could end up as DLC or included in the main game for everyone anyway. Point is Shenhua is just a friend. Surely Yu Suzuki has that planned.

Kida

Oct 27, 2017
The character models are getting there and those environments look incredible.

I really hope we get to see some gameplay!

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's lookin good, outside of Ryo's head which a bit smaller than I like in proportion to his body.