• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Some random thoughts from a new player (to both MTG, Arena and TC games):
  1. Despite the cute tutorial, the rules aren't explained well. In particular, it wasn't clear until I read tutorials/rules for MTG that I understood the details of turns and priority, which is pretty essential for anyone coming to the game fresh. If they want the game to appeal to newcomers, they need better introductory content. I would have really appreciated a visual aid (similar to the interfaces for other online MTG games) that tells me when certain cards can be played (instants, spells , enchantments, etc).
  2. For something that is essentially a graphical spreadsheet overlay, the game utilizes system resources pretty inefficiently. The netcode also appears to be pretty poor, given that the game crashes my internet connection when played over WiFi. I understand this is something that affects a significant number of people.
  3. This game is pretty addicting, which leads me to:
  4. The monetization model is pretty poor. The price of packs/events is high enough that I've considered quitting MTGA and just investing in paper MTG - at least then, you get the social aspect as well as the T in TCG. Is there really no way to trade cards? This is especially unfortunate for beginners such as myself who used a few too many rare and mythic wildcards, or spent them on good cards but would rather experiment a bit more by trading them for others.
Just to chime in, I literally only play the game on wifi and have never had it crash or even lost a game because of network problems, to my knowledge -- except possibly once when they shut the servers down to update or maintain them?

I've only invested the $5 welcome pack and I just play up to 5 daily wins or so, plus the daily quest. 15 free decks plus that stuff has given me a decent collection without too much stress.

Deleted member 1041

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just to chime in, I literally only play the game on wifi and have never had it crash or even lost a game because of network problems, to my knowledge -- except possibly once when they shut the servers down to update or maintain them?

I've only invested the $5 welcome pack and I just play up to 5 daily wins or so, plus the daily quest. 15 free decks plus that stuff has given me a decent collection without too much stress.

Same. I've only invested 5 bucks and through constructed event/draft events, I've amassed over 10k gold and over 2k gems.

The progression reward is faaantastic.

Deleted member 40797

Banned
Mar 8, 2018

Same. I've only invested 5 bucks and through constructed event/draft events, I've amassed over 10k gold and over 2k gems.

The progression reward is faaantastic.

The connection issues seem to affect people with certain routers or network configurations. It seems like the development team is aware of the problem and working on a solution. In any case, I also bought the $5.00 starter pack and nothing else - my point was that the prices are high enough, and the rewards low enough, that I'm disincentivized from giving them money for packs/events/gems/whatever. I agree that the progression is great (sorry for the complaint post) for F2P players, but getting specific cards gets pricey without a trading system. Anyways, despite my reservations, as a new player this really is a great introduction to MTG.

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The connection issues seem to affect people with certain routers or network configurations. It seems like the development team is aware of the problem and working on a solution. In any case, I also bought the $5.00 starter pack and nothing else - my point was that the prices are high enough, and the rewards low enough, that I'm disincentivized from giving them money for packs/events/gems/whatever. I agree that the progression is great (sorry for the complaint post) for F2P players, but getting specific cards gets pricey without a trading system. Anyways, despite my reservations, as a new player this really is a great introduction to MTG.

No, it's fine. The developers know that there's an issue with getting specific cards, and many players agree with you.

GLHFGodbless

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Some random thoughts from a new player (to both MTG, Arena and TC games):

1. The monetization model is pretty poor. The price of packs/events is high enough that I've considered quitting MTGA and just investing in paper MTG - at least then, you get the social aspect as well as the T in TCG. Is there really no way to trade cards? This is especially unfortunate for beginners such as myself who used a few too many rare and mythic wildcards, or spent them on good cards but would rather experiment a bit more by trading them for others.

I mean, I think Wizards would be cool with either route you take lol. Just know if you want to be even remotely competitive in paper magic you will end up spending far more on cards than in Arena. Even something like mono red or izzet drakes will still run you around 100 bucks, much less if you leave out the expensive cards tho. That ends up being the funny thing, it's much easier to experiment and make jank decks in paper magic buying 50 cent/dollar rares, but it's much easier to make high cost competitive decks in arena. Dropping a Mythic wildcard on 20$ Benalia is gonna be a wildcard well spent, but dropping one on a 2$ Trapjaw Tyrant for your shitty enrage deck is gonna hurt. I know that pain...

Of course, if drafting is your thing then Arena is pretty solid for that. If making decks is your thing than you better be prepared to spend some cash or just grind it out. I've spent a good chunk of money on this game and have most cards I want outside of dumbshit I dont wanna waste wild cards on at the moment. I'm at a point where I dont need/want to spend gold on anything so I'm gonna be sitting pretty on a stack of gold when the next set drops in a month. I feel like this is how most people are going to be and it's gonna make new sets dropping hurt a lot less when you can buy 50+ packs off the bat. But it's gonna be rough if you're a new player. But thats how it is for all online card games really.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Just woke up to an email about the free Holiday Pauper event. Rewards include full art llanowar elves and firemind research. Haven't looked yet, but a nice gesture. Happy holidays MTG Arena Era!

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
I think their model overall is something that will backfire eventually. On surface it gives a lot of stuff, so you keep players happy for awhile but in reality getting specific cards/deck is excruciatingly slow so what happens is that average player will be stuck playing same one or two deck they built with the starting cards and they might get bored and quit. It's a wall you might not see at first but you will after a couple of months.

Right now somebody starting people tell them to build mono red/blue and grind constructed event. That's just not a fun game imo and the rewards you get is generally junk because something like 70 percent of the cards are junk and unplayable in constructed. Even if you get lucky pulls from ICRs you will need rare lands to play them and those will need LOTs of wildcards. The useless cards you opened will forever be useless, there is nothing to do with them, most of the rewards in this game is just air.

Last edited:

GLHFGodbless

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, if you're trying to play straight f2p Magic, I don't know what to tell you. You either play the same 2 decks over and over for cards/gold, or you drop some cash. Can't have your cake and eat it too. But I feel we've beaten this horse to death already...

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, if you're trying to play straight f2p Magic, I don't know what to tell you. You either play the same 2 decks over and over for cards/gold, or you drop some cash. Can't have your cake and eat it too. But I feel we've beaten this horse to death already...
Maybe the system is shit if the horse keeps getting beat? I doubt dropping money is an issue to most people, it's how much you have to drop to make a dent.

For a positive example, I think Gwent had a good thing going until they decided to stop releasing content for 10 months.

Deleted member 9100

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Got 2 5 wins in the Christmas pauper event and got 4 copies of elves from other wins.

I'm done with it.

Seems like you can't use wildcards to craft the promo copies unfortunately.

I hope they do events like this more often and I hope they add in a way to get the winter playmat and card back.

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
They could start a nice racket with cosmetics IMO. I would pay some coin for new boards, the same 4(?) get old fast with how much I play lol

GLHFGodbless

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They say cosmetics are coming. Card backs, Planeswalker Portraits, alternate card art, foils, they got plenty of shit they can add.

This pauper event is.....bizarre. why not just win a game then quit 4 times for the elf art? who is even playing the other card enough to even go for 5 wins for it? Atleast elves is a staple card.

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They say cosmetics are coming. Card backs, Planeswalker Portraits, alternate card art, foils, they got plenty of shit they can add.

This pauper event is.....bizarre. why not just win a game then quit 4 times for the elf art? who is even playing the other card enough to even go for 5 wins for it? Atleast elves is a staple card.

Yeah, they shouldv'e made it so you could do one run of 4 wins for the 4 elves.

On the other hand, win 1, then concede your next 2 to make it easier for people who aren't as good.

Also cosmetics would be dope.

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah Firemind Research doesn't get a lot of play, it's an overall odd pick...

Last edited:

bunbun777

Oct 29, 2017
Nw
Just had 2 back to back 7 win sealed Ixalan drafts. First one was Abzan, second was W/B with vampires and pirates working together. Dead man's chest was mvp, also helped having 2 luminous bonds, 2 divine verdicts, contract killing and an impale.

Deleted member 9100

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I never use fire minds research but I still must get 4 copies! The elves are great looking.

I just wish that wins 2-4 had at least a chance to upgrade the reward to fire minds research. Its frustrating that if you go 4-2 it's the same reward as 1-2. That being said, I appreciate the free event and hope to see more in the future. And I really hope they lean into alternative art. I'd also love if they offered the holiday card pack for purchase or to obtain in game.

I've got 2 copies of the fireminds research alt and still feel the need to get the remaining two despite:

1) It's not playable
2) I'll never play any of the jank decks that run it
3) The alt art is worse than the original art and doesn't look special at all. Especially when comparing the Elves original art and alt art.

But what's drawing me back to grind for the 3rd and 4th copies is that wildcards can't be redeemed for them and this may be the only chance to get them. It's now or never.

Last edited:

bunbun777

Oct 29, 2017
Nw
I cannot think of a good deck to build for use in that new event @_@

This worked for me a day ago--

3 Soul of the Rapids (RIX) 56
10 Island (RIX) 193
3 Cold-Water Snapper (DAR) 48
2 Righteous Blow (GRN) 23
8 Plains (RIX) 192
2 Gideon's Reproach (DAR) 19
3 Take Vengeance (M19) 40
3 Blessed Light (DAR) 7
4 Divination (M19) 51
4 Luminous Bonds (RIX) 12
3 Squire's Devotion (RIX) 25
2 Devious Cover-Up (GRN) 35
1 Negate (RIX) 44
2 Essence Scatter (M19) 54
2 Syncopate (DAR) 67
4 Opt (DAR) 60
4 Meandering River (M19) 253

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
This worked for me a day ago--

3 Soul of the Rapids (RIX) 56
10 Island (RIX) 193
3 Cold-Water Snapper (DAR) 48
2 Righteous Blow (GRN) 23
8 Plains (RIX) 192
2 Gideon's Reproach (DAR) 19
3 Take Vengeance (M19) 40
3 Blessed Light (DAR) 7
4 Divination (M19) 51
4 Luminous Bonds (RIX) 12
3 Squire's Devotion (RIX) 25
2 Devious Cover-Up (GRN) 35
1 Negate (RIX) 44
2 Essence Scatter (M19) 54
2 Syncopate (DAR) 67
4 Opt (DAR) 60
4 Meandering River (M19) 253
Ima try that thanks

Oct 25, 2017
I just wish that wins 2-4 had at least a chance to upgrade the reward to fire minds research. Its frustrating that if you go 4-2 it's the same reward as 1-2. That being said, I appreciate the free event and hope to see more in the future. And I really hope they lean into alternative art. I'd also love if they offered the holiday card pack for purchase or to obtain in game.

I've got 2 copies of the fireminds research alt and still feel the need to get the remaining two despite:

1) It's not playable
2) I'll never play any of the jank decks that run it
3) The alt art is worse than the original art and doesn't look special at all. Especially when comparing the Elves original art and alt art.

But what's drawing me back to grind for the 3rd and 4th copies is that wildcards can't be redeemed for them and this may be the only chance to get them. It's now or never.
I mean this in the gentlest way possible, but you're basically acknowledging you have a problem/addiction. I understand what that's like and have gone through that sort of thing, but your time is worth more. If you keep going you're going to be frustrated, post in the thread making others frustrated, make yourself like Arena less, and burn a bunch of time...to get a virtual card you don't want.

That isn't what a Christmas event should cause. :(

GLHFGodbless

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean this in the gentlest way possible, but you're basically acknowledging you have a problem/addiction. I understand what that's like and have gone through that sort of thing, but your time is worth more. If you keep going you're going to be frustrated, post in the thread making others frustrated, make yourself like Arena less, and burn a bunch of time...to get a virtual card you don't want.

Boy that escalated quickly.

Man white weenie is just tearing up ranked for me, and really highlights how stupid bo1 is when you can't sideboard in sweepers. You would think atleast drakes would wise up and run a fiery connonade or 2. It's so damn consistent too, I'm surprised I don't see it more tbh.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
We're coming up to the first set OT since this thread opened, so I'll ask you guys for thread title suggestions too.
Well, we're a week away from the next thread, so time for thread title suggestions. Here are the suggestions that have come up already.

Magic: The Gathering |OT| Ravnica Allegiance - Who Ya Gonna Call?
Magic: The Gathering |OT| Ravnica: Allegiance - Winter Is Coming
Magic: The Gathering |OT| Ravnica: Allegiance - Last In, No One Out (might be a good third set subtitle)
Magic: The Gathering |OT| Ravnica: Allegiance - FEEL THE BAAN
Magic: The Gathering |OT| Ravnica: Allegiance - The Greatest Show on Ravnica

Magic: The Gathering |OT| Ravnica: Allegiance - Wrangling Baan, and Barely
Magic: The Gathering |OT| Ravnica: Allegiance - Second Verse, Same as the First
Magic: The Gathering |OT| Ravnica: Allegiance - Half The Set Was Spoiled Already
Moving Out In the Two-Set Block Structure.
Magic: The Gathering |OT| Ravnica: Allegiance - At Least 50% New Cards Inside

Magic: The Gathering |OT| Ravnica Allegiance - Part 2 of 3
Magic: The Gathering |OT| Ravnica Allegiance - The Stage is Set
Magic: The Gathering |OT| Ravnica Allegiance - All the World's a Stage
Magic: The Gathering |OT| Ravnica Allegiance - A solid 5/10
Magic: The Gathering |OT| Ravnica Allegiance - Women In Black

Magic: The Gathering |OT| Ravnica Allegiance - Baan Strikes Back
Magic: The Gathering |OT| Ravnica Allegiance - Citizen Kaya
Magic: The Gathering |OT| Ravnica Allegiance - City Slickers III
Magic: The Gathering |OT| Ravnica Allegiance - How Teysa Got Her Guild Back
"Get it on Baan a Gruul"
|OT| Walk on Guilded Splinters

Deleted member 9100

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Thanks for the concern, but it doesn't apply.

I was exaggerating in my original post. Only reason i got 2 copies of fireminds research is I was enjoying the pauper event and went on a win streak twice. Got the elves which I actually will use and couldn't care less about the other two fireminds researches so I won't be playing the event anymore.

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the concern, but it doesn't apply.

I was exaggerating in my original post. Only reason i got 2 copies of fireminds research is I was enjoying the pauper event and went on a win streak twice. Got the elves which I actually will use and couldn't care less about the other two fireminds researches so I won't be playing the event anymore.
Ah sorry, I thought you were serious that you felt compelled to keep playing it. I'm glad you had fun.

ZZMitch

Oct 26, 2017
Found out about this game after not playing Magic for the last 10 years or so, been having a blast over the last week.

Decided to give my first competitive games a try and entered my first draft, ended up going 7-2 which felt really good. Excited to do more! May try the sealed one next before it runs out.

Sep 14, 2018
ZZMitch Sealed Ixalan gets a big thumbs up from me, lots of fun. I'm pretty sure white is the best color, if you open radiant destiny or settle you're golden. And it's so easy to force Vamps and make it work.

Bizazedo

Oct 28, 2017
For those still going for Fireminds Research, I found this on the Net and used it to smash almost everyone.

Went 5-1, 5-0, 0-2 (oof), 5-1, 5-0.

Then I just won and then conceded following games to get the elves. Unless it was against a Rat Deck. Screw them. I went 4-0 versus them (edit, just hit another one, 5-0 now).

And then yesterday, I used it to do the daily quest, got another 5-1 (and another 5-1 just now knocking out a kill 25 enemy critters quest).

4 Aviation Pioneer (M19) 46
10 Island (XLN) 265
3 Moment of Craving (RIX) 79
9 Swamp (XLN) 269
4 Notion Rain (GRN) 193
4 Whisper Agent (GRN) 220
4 Dimir Guildgate (GRN) 246
2 Severed Strands (GRN) 85
2 Fungal Infection (DAR) 94
4 Watcher in the Mist (GRN) 59
4 Omenspeaker (M19) 64
4 Doomed Dissenter (M19) 93
2 Opt (XLN) 65
4 Eviscerate (DAR) 91
There's a nasty Selesnya token deck floating about that might warrant putting in mephitic vapors over severed strands, but only encountered it a few times, so....

Last edited:

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
For those still going for Fireminds Research, I found this on the Net and used it to smash almost everyone.

Went 5-1, 5-0, 0-2 (oof), 5-1, 5-0.

Then I just won and then conceded following games to get the elves. Unless it was against a Rat Deck. Screw them. I went 4-0 versus them (edit, just hit another one, 5-0 now).

And then yesterday, I used it to do the daily quest, got another 5-1 (and another 5-1 just now knocking out a kill 25 enemy critters quest).

4 Aviation Pioneer (M19) 46
10 Island (XLN) 265
3 Moment of Craving (RIX) 79
9 Swamp (XLN) 269
4 Notion Rain (GRN) 193
4 Whisper Agent (GRN) 220
4 Dimir Guildgate (GRN) 246
2 Severed Strands (GRN) 85
2 Fungal Infection (DAR) 94
4 Watcher in the Mist (GRN) 59
4 Omenspeaker (M19) 64
4 Doomed Dissenter (M19) 93
2 Opt (XLN) 65
4 Eviscerate (DAR) 91
There's a nasty Selesnya token deck floating about that might warrant putting in mephitic vapors over severed strands, but only encountered it a few times, so....

Yeah there are variations of this all over the event. I was kind of surprised that Notion Rain was common.

Blackflag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Been playing this for a couple weeks. Dropped a couple hundred on cards and so far I'm happy. The UI is a blessing compared to MTGO, I sold my collection of that for 6k a few years ago and never looked back but sadly haven't played MTG since. This is hitting all those things I missed. I just need to figure out how to better manage time as this new clock thing is weird and I haven't even looked it up to try and understand it yet. I do miss Modern but I figure that'll take care of itself eventually I hope.

edit: Part of the clock thing is just me not really knowing the sets right now.

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
down to two mythic wcs, should i craft the 4th carnage tyrant? i know the card is super powerful esp for my small collection decks, its mana cost is just expensive and i don't have a bunch of goreclaw here is the two decks i'd likely put it in

2 Golgari Findbroker (GRN) 175
11 Swamp (RIX) 194
7 Forest (RIX) 196
3 Carnage Tyrant (XLN) 179
2 Doom Whisperer (GRN) 69
1 Jadelight Ranger (RIX) 136
4 Merfolk Branchwalker (XLN) 197
3 Ravenous Chupacabra (RIX) 82
2 Vraska's Contempt (XLN) 129
4 Find // Finality (GRN) 225
1 Detection Tower (M19) 249
1 Memorial to Folly (DAR) 242
1 Overgrown Tomb (GRN) 253
4 Woodland Cemetery (DAR) 248
4 The Eldest Reborn (DAR) 90
3 Plague Mare (M19) 114
1 Cast Down (DAR) 81
4 Vine Mare (M19) 207
1 Llanowar Elves (DAR) 168
1 Druid of the Cowl (M19) 177

1 Duress (M19) 94
3 Murder (M19) 110
2 Plummet (RIX) 143
1 Saproling Migration (DAR) 178
1 Reclamation Sage (M19) 196
1 Beast Whisperer (GRN) 123
2 Plaguecrafter (GRN) 82
1 Llanowar Elves (DAR) 168
1 Ranging Raptors (XLN) 201
1 Golgari Findbroker (GRN) 175
1 Goreclaw, Terror of Qal Sisma (M19) 186
(i don't use this one in bo3 i use stompy only so this sideboard is just plceholders)

4 Llanowar Elves (DAR) 168
4 Druid of the Cowl (M19) 177
4 Bristling Boar (M19) 170
1 Aggressive Mammoth (M19) 302
2 Ghalta, Primal Hunger (RIX) 130
4 Blanchwood Armor (M19) 169
4 Rabid Bite (M19) 195
20 Forest (RIX) 196
3 Adventurous Impulse (DAR) 153
1 Pelakka Wurm (M19) 192
1 Goreclaw, Terror of Qal Sisma (M19) 186
3 Carnage Tyrant (XLN) 179
2 Elvish Rejuvenator (M19) 180
1 Ranging Raptors (XLN) 201
1 District Guide (GRN) 128
4 Vine Mare (M19) 207

2 Plummet (RIX) 143
1 Find // Finality (GRN) 225
1 Prey Upon (GRN) 143
3 Crushing Canopy (GRN) 126
1 Ghirapur Guide (M19) 182
1 Sprouting Renewal (GRN) 145
2 Elvish Rejuvenator (M19) 180
1 Kraul Harpooner (GRN) 136
1 Pelakka Wurm (M19) 192
1 Adventurous Impulse (DAR) 153

Also any suggestions for those decks are real appreciated, i'm v low on rare and mythic wcs but have a decent amount of the others. those are just homebrews so i'm wingin it with what i pull but i'm moving up the ranks pretty well

Oct 25, 2017
Urgent help needed!

draftm5i6w.png

This is what I've cut things down to in a Ravnica draft. If I get at least 2 wins with this, I get to do the Ixalan sealed I've been wanting to do forever. If I get 0-1 wins, I don't get to do sealed at all, or I'll be stuck doing some non-Ixalan mode. I'm trying to really be careful even though this is probably a bad mix of cards.

Questions:

1. Is it safe to do 16 lands since my curve is so low and I have 2 gates?
2 . Does anyone have strong opinions on what remaining cards to cut?

If you're curious what other Dimir cards I already cut, I removed 2x Dazzling Lights and 1x Vicious Rumors.

If I wanted to attempt a really ill-advised third-color splash, I have 1x Ledev Guardian and 1x Venerated Loxodon, but those are the only mono-white cards.

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The first cuts I'd say are something like Vicious Rumors, Never Happened, and Devious Cover-up. Then maybe the Barriers of Bones? With that low of a curve it seems like you don't wanna be playing defenders or expensive counter spells.

Yeef

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Vicious Rumors is a terrible card that you should basically never play.

Maximize Altitude is basically only good in Izzet aggro decks.

Moodmark Painter is best in Aggressive Golgari decks and even there it's pretty bad. It's terrible in Dimir.

Generally speaking, you want to play 17 or 18 lands in Dimir. Hitting your land drops is important and surveil helps to keep you from getting flooded later in the game.

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I should keep at least one barrier of bones to help surveil and as a target of Severed Strands, but maybe I'm crazy. I could either go with 16 lands, or use the following but still need to cut 1 card:

draft27bfwb.png

Winning 2 with this is probably a pipe dream but I tried to do Dimir so this is my curse. I have to at least try!

Feb 16, 2018
in general you can go down to 1 copy of cards that might not do anything when you draw two of them

severed strands, passwall adept, moodmark painter are examples of cards i'd probably play 0-1 of instead of 2

barrier of bones is only needed if you have lots of cards that care about surveilling (eg. multiple disinformation campaigns). you only have darkblade agent

you have enough surveil to just play lands instead of your worst cards

Oct 25, 2017
The first cuts I'd say are something like Vicious Rumors, Never Happened, and Devious Cover-up. Then maybe the Barriers of Bones? With that low of a curve it seems like you don't wanna be playing defenders or expensive counter spells.
Vicious Rumors is a terrible card that you should basically never play.

Maximize Altitude is basically only good in Izzet aggro decks.

Moodmark Painter is best in Aggressive Golgari decks and even there it's pretty bad. It's terrible in Dimir.

Generally speaking, you want to play 17 or 18 lands in Dimir. Hitting your land drops is important and surveil helps to keep you from getting flooded later in the game.
in general you can go down to 1 copy of cards that might not do anything when you draw two of them

severed strands, passwall adept, moodmark painter are examples of cards i'd probably play 0-1 of instead of 2

barrier of bones is only needed if you have lots of cards that care about surveilling (eg. multiple disinformation campaigns). you only have darkblade agent

you have enough surveil to just play lands instead of your worst cards
Thanks everyone, I cut the barrier of bones and just went 2-0, meeting my goal!!! I'm on my way to sealed Ixalan later tonight. <3 I'll see if I win anymore with this draft run first, of course.

In less happy news, I see the bug is still there where if you earn a daily card reward during an event like draft, you can click the card and watch it just vanish without revealing whatever it was.

Oct 28, 2017
I feel like I should keep at least one barrier of bones to help surveil and as a target of Severed Strands, but maybe I'm crazy. I could either go with 16 lands, or use the following but still need to cut 1 card:

draft27bfwb.png

Winning 2 with this is probably a pipe dream but I tried to do Dimir so this is my curse. I have to at least try!

I'd cut the Barrier of Bones for sure. You don't need it. Though contrary to what others have said, 16 lands is quite doable in your deck. I don't think either choice is wrong. But I'd cut the wall.