• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
I see lol, it is kind of expensive at $20 if you buy from the shop, I made it back 3 times and stopped cause the last time all my rares were unplayable, did you get anything good at least?
I forget. I got no mythics, and I think I got that 6/6 black creature that puts markers on enemy creatures from hand and then destroys them all if played. It helped me a little once but otherwise never really did much.

I also got Captain Storm who seems neat.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
today I witnessed a Niv mizzet vs Niv Mizzet ping battle.
I wander how we would have deal with it on paper :v

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
XD5VMMm.jpg

Well that happened
Opponent summons a Miv Nizzit Parun and I destroy it with my first Tyrant. He summons a 2nd one and I destroy that without losing it.
They give up by the turn that followed :V

Deleted member 1041

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ok you know what's bullshit

someone playing a teferi deck+Karn+4 Nexus of Fate can just play by themselves forever because they keep drawing Nexus of Fate, using it, and shuffling it back in

who the fuck thought that was a good idea

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ok you know what's bullshit

someone playing a teferi deck+Karn+4 Nexus of Fate can just play by themselves forever because they keep drawing Nexus of Fate, using it, and shuffling it back in

who the fuck thought that was a good idea

I've legit just sat here for 10 minutes watching this guy take turns after turns. And he can't exactly outdraw himself because he keeps putting nexus back in his deck.

Also apparently it stacks on top of itself?

God that is stupid.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I've legit just sat here for 10 minutes watching this guy take turns after turns. And he can't exactly outdraw himself because he keeps putting nexus back in his deck.

Also apparently it stacks on top of itself?

God that is stupid.

I pretty much just auto concede when I see Nexus of Fate. Even if you win, it takes so long to do it you end up hating the game by the end. I dislike that card.

Oct 25, 2017
Once they demonstrate the loop there is no reason not to concede unless you're just being salty. Some decks win by smashing you in the face with giant dinosaurs, some decks win by creating an infinite turn loop. The different possibilities are what makes Magic great.

Deleted member 9100

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The advantage of going first in this game is insane.

It's crazy how different win rates are in B01 based on whether you go first or second (55% to 45%).

I've has so many games where literally the only reason I lose is because I went second. We could have the same exact draw and if I went first I would've been able to win.

Sep 14, 2018
The advantage of going first in this game is insane.

It's crazy how different win rates are in B01 based on whether you go first or second (55% to 45%).

I've has so many games where literally the only reason I lose is because I went second. We could have the same exact draw and if I went first I would've been able to win.

One of the reasons I don't take bo1 seriously, in bo3 you will have your sideboard and knowledge of the matchup to fall back on, there's a lot of decks that gain an outsized advantage from being on the play, it's a coinflip that determines who will be on the backfoot basically.

Lemstar

Oct 25, 2017
Once they demonstrate the loop there is no reason not to concede unless you're just being salty. Some decks win by smashing you in the face with giant dinosaurs, some decks win by creating an infinite turn loop. The different possibilities are what makes Magic great.
taking infinite turns without an actual win condition in play isn't a win in paper, though

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
Opponent emoted "Good game" when he was trying to get me to run every creature into a Settle the Wreckage.

"Good game" is sacred. How dare you.

Aktlys

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any good drafting guide out there?

Have played all the planeswalkers games, but never drafted.

Oct 25, 2017
If you Google (set name) (color) draft, the Channel Fireball site seemed to have decent comments and ratings of every card sorted by color. I don't know how it compares to the Arena meta though.

Rolodzeo

Nov 10, 2017
Spain, EU
Finally got my 4th Firemind Research, it was fun but really grindy. It was a nice event overall, I had a blast trying various decks to get the final 5 streak :D

Oct 25, 2017
I was happy getting Firemind Research first try with a pure rat's deck. It was only afterwards I realized I needed the elves so I did 1-win and surrender runs, which was way less stressful. :P

Feb 16, 2018
treasure draft was kinda interesting, but mostly dumb

cards that become much better:
circuitous route
disdainful stroke
lockets
invent

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I think I'm comfortable with my dino deck but I am bummed out by how often I go against Control decks or r+b decks with Drakes as their main offensive. Not being able to send out my beastly dinos really dampens my enjoyment of the game. :S

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing better than when someone GG's you early and you pull it out and beat them. This fool really thought having three Tendershoot Dryads in hand locked the game up for him.

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm comfortable with my dino deck but I am bummed out by how often I go against Control decks or r+b decks with Drakes as their main offensive. Not being able to send out my beastly dinos really dampens my enjoyment of the game. :S
Just remember that if you could consistently get your dinos out, it would really dampen a lot of other players' enjoyment of the game.

Magic revolves around someone hating their life at most times, just a matter of which player it is. :P

GLHFGodbless

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I've pimped my dino deck in the past, it does well enough against drakes and above average against control. That's in bo3 though so your mileage may vary in bo1, it kind of needs a sideboard for more board wipe against white weenie and the like.

Man I really hope b/w gets something decent for control next set. I'm having surprisingly decent success with bw vampire knights in ranked, but it really struggles against control unless I get a god hand.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Going to make a thread for Ravnica Allegiance card reveals on Tuesday night (or tomorrow if they really do have an article then). Winning thread titles so far:
These 5 Lands Will SHOCK You!
Citizen Kaya
0 days since the last Standard Baan

Please tell me which you'd prefer, or suggest another one.

fuzzyset

Oct 25, 2017
I remember when the game was announced a while back, WotC seemed to indicate that there would be some sort of physical/digital collection crossover (i.e. buying a physical booster would get you cards in game, like Pokemon TCG). Has there been anything like that?

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Going to make a thread for Ravnica Allegiance card reveals on Tuesday night (or tomorrow if they really do have an article then). Winning thread titles so far:
Citizen Kaya

+1 vote, it gives me a good chuckle

Oct 25, 2017
Citizen Kaya

The shock reference is the only one that funny and makes sense to me, so that one is my vote.

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
Just making sure this is a bug

I had three Pegasus Coursers on the board, all three attacking, and the game wouldn't let me give them flying:
2hIKAL1.jpg

I know it's not mandatory to target a non-flying creature, because in earlier games I could target Healer's Hawks without problems. And I don't think there's a hidden rule that prohibits to target another Courser.
So I was stuck at this screen: I tried to click on every pixel between those cards. Couldn't cancel, couldn't pass turn, eventually I roped out and died :(

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
I remember when the game was announced a while back, WotC seemed to indicate that there would be some sort of physical/digital collection crossover (i.e. buying a physical booster would get you cards in game, like Pokemon TCG). Has there been anything like that?
There was a pilot program in Norway, I think, to insert codes into booster packs that can be redeemed on Arena, but it hasn't been fully expanded yet.

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just making sure this is a bug

I had three Pegasus Coursers on the board, all three attacking, and the game wouldn't let me give them flying:

I know it's not mandatory to target a non-flying creature, because in earlier games I could target Healer's Hawks without problems. And I don't think there's a hidden rule that prohibits to target another Courser.
So I was stuck at this screen: I tried to click on every pixel between those cards. Couldn't cancel, couldn't pass turn, eventually I roped out and died :(

That's definitely a bug. You should submit that to their support site. Might not be able to distinguish between which creature in the stack you're trying to target, since it considers all the ones in the stack to be identical maybe?

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just downloaded this, how does it work? Is it the physical Magic ruleset? How many cards are there?

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I just downloaded this, how does it work? Is it the physical Magic ruleset? How many cards are there?

Yeah, it's the complete rules. It has all the cards in Standard right now. So every card in the sets Ixalan, Rivals of Ixalan, Dominaria, Core Set 2019, and Guilds of Ravnica.

If you start playing now there's a tutorial you can go through, then it'll give you some starter decks and you'll get quests to unlock ten more starter decks over the next few days for free.

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
That's definitely a bug. You should submit that to their support site. Might not be able to distinguish between which creature in the stack you're trying to target, since it considers all the ones in the stack to be identical maybe?
Thanks, reported it with screenshot and log. I was thinking the same, it's like it was counting the stack as a single creature

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
dear all pathetic esper or uw control players, i know when your deck is out of win conditions

SO GIVE UP INSTEAD OF DECKING

if you play control and dunno when you have lost i suggest you simply quit magic