• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Based on r/MagicArena and my own experience, Cavalcade Red decks are the ones that rope the most lol

See I always thought that fast red decks were popular partly because, win or lose, you go through lots of games quickly and are ideal for grinding. In the amount of time my opponent wasted trying to rope me they could have had a whole nother game. It's not like I'm going to concede out of impatience when I've got 25+ life and Sephara on the field.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ok so I never bothered with ranked before...is pulling your fucking plug ACTUALLY a god damn draw? What kind of trash can design is that?

Fucking scum of the earth dude.

luEO97E.png

Notice this asshole is at negative 3 HP and then 'connection error' right as he dies.

Datoazt can go fucking choke on a flame encrusted dick.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
So what is your most hated card in magic? Mine is Chandra Awakened inferno. It feels epicly bad to loose to because of how stupid the plus 2 abillity is. It makes her incredible hard to kill and gives you a overpowered clock to play against. Either you have an imidiate answer or you just loose the game. Its just a dumb card.
And add in cards like Thorbrand and it becomes even more insane.
But she is far from overpowered with her cost. She just feels bad to loose to.

Oct 25, 2017
Sphinx's Revelation

It convinced a bunch of mediocre players that they were actually good at playing control decks.

EDIT: Lol this is the Arena thread, not the main Magic thread. So a card from five years ago isn't a good answer.

On Arena it's clearly Wilderness Reclamation. Completely miserable to play with and against.

Last edited:

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
Can somebody explain to me why Happily Ever After only recognized 3 colors?

atjEsXA.jpg

Is it because a land creature is still a also a land? But then, it doesn't specify nonland permanent to begin with.
The Multi-color aspect shouldn't be an issue either

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
So what is your most hated card in magic? Mine is Chandra Awakened inferno. It feels epicly bad to loose to because of how stupid the plus 2 abillity is. It makes her incredible hard to kill and gives you a overpowered clock to play against. Either you have an imidiate answer or you just loose the game. Its just a dumb card.
I want to say something from Simic flash, but I'm not even sure what to pick since it's more about the compound effect than any individual card. Maybe Frilled Mystic since the others you can at least trade 1 for 1 with.

Wilderness Reclamation is another contender, but luckily it's not really oppressive anymore.

Chandra is kind of the opposite for me. It feels surprisingly fair for a 6 cost PW.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I want to say something from Simic flash, but I'm not even sure what to pick since it's more about the compound effect than any individual card. Maybe Frilled Mystic since the others you can at least trade 1 for 1 with.

Wilderness Reclamation is another contender, but luckily it's not really oppressive anymore.

Chandra is kind of the opposite for me. It feels surprisingly fair for a 6 cost PW.

Yeah she is a fair card. Like I said for me personally the Death by 1000 cuts really gets to me.

Yeah I get why simic flash would be annoying as a whole :)

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
On arena, it's any card that produces food right now, because people not realizing they need to click to pass because they technically could activate a food has led to games just becoming way too long now

Almeister

Oct 25, 2017
An update just went in, that has added a 'how was this match? :) :( ' at the end of matches. I noticed it for a split second before it faded away as I clicked through the post match screen.

voOsh

Apr 5, 2018
Bot drafting is fucked up again. I've been drafting for days and today mill is everywhere because the bots dont value Merfolk Secret keepers at all. Please add players pods jesus.

SoundLad

Oct 30, 2017
Ok so I never bothered with ranked before...is pulling your fucking plug ACTUALLY a god damn draw? What kind of trash can design is that?

luEO97E.png

Notice this asshole is at negative 3 HP and then 'connection error' right as he dies.

I know how you feel, happened to me 3 times tonight. This shit is crazy and surely has to be fixed at some point.

Koz

Sep 5, 2018
I just beat a mono red cavalcade deck with a single Cauldron Cat and 3 Witch's Ovens. My life is now complete.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017

luEO97E.png

Yeah this needs to be fixed. Has happened to me quite a few times by now. Very infuriating.

filkry

Oct 25, 2017
I feel guilty. I queue in the unranked for low stress, but I like playing real decks. Matched against the mono-green starter deck with my mono-black sacrifice filled with rares and mythics. I should have just conceded.

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I have finally hit the point where a pack is borderline useless to me. I can still technically get two more Rals from the set at least, but with Guilds packs, I have all the rares, so now the ones in the mastery pass essentially just read "have 20 gems."

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Went 1-2 in the Play any deck event XD trying Grixis Fires of Invention

Won the first.

Lost the 2nd in a mirror match. I usually don't like to blame performance issues, but it definitely cost me the game this time. Halfway through the very long match, the whole game started to chug and I couldn't get anything done, and timed out repeatedly. I had a wish board with Elderspell and Casualties of War just for wrecking him and had already drawn the Faerie too, so it was definitely under control.

Third was vs Golos, which is a terrible match for me. I only saw 4 lands the whole game despite drawing like a bunch of cards. Well I probably would have lost it anyway, but having a bunch of 5 mana board wipes in hand with a fires on the field and 4 land sucks.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I was on a fantastic winning streak until I ran into dimir mill. This is why we need a "why dont you go fuck yourself" emote :p
And then after that a Bolos / Chandra awakened deck. Man I hate chandra inferno. Such a bullshit card.
And all the rares I got where garbage xD

Last edited:

robox

Nov 10, 2017
playing post rotation is miserable if you don't buy in to make one of the toptier decks. i'm still undecided which direction to go but mono red might be the cheapest way to go again.

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
This play-anything event sounds like exactly the kind of thing I don't like playing, and I can't even netdeck effectively because I don't know how to play these decks properly. I'll just throw together some rubbish and get it over with.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
playing post rotation is miserable if you don't buy in to make one of the toptier decks. i'm still undecided which direction to go but mono red might be the cheapest way to go again.

Yeah its still to early to tell. Golos seems to be the strongest deck right now. I am running a version with Agents of Treachery instead of the Giants. But I have a feeling mono red will become insane once it gets completely figured out. Thorbrand is just a nuts card and I have a feeling we will eventually see a version that just kills you too fast to react to.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I got rolled quickly and went 1-2. First time to a RB aggro deck that just snuck some direct damage in after I stabilized, second time to a turn 3 Questing Beast. Not much you can do about that when they remove all your good blockers!

In general though I still really like playing Abzan Wolves and will probably cash in a bunch of wildcards to make the thing officially.

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
As expected, went 0-2 to consecutive Golos decks. At least that's over with. Might have stood a chance in the first one if the client hadn't lagged out and chosen the wrong land for Fabled Passage.

Oh except the ICR I got was one I already had, so that's just 20 gems. Great.

Last edited:

f0rk

Oct 25, 2017
Esper Dance is really annoying in BO1 without sideboards. I feel like this was supposed to be a competitive event so would have much preferred them to use a competitive format.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The event should have been BO3. Too much variance in a BO1 with this kind of reward.

Izzy

Oct 25, 2017
I get that it's frustrating to be out early in the event, but the whole point was to have high variance. Wizards doesn't really want to give out card sets. Going 12 out of 13 is a ridiculous ask and even folks running super tuned meta decks are gonna wash out by round 6 or 7. Getting to 12 while dodging bad draws and bad matchups for that long requires lottery levels of luck.

So if it's any consolation, the OP that knocked you out prolly dropped 2 games later :)

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I've no ill will towards the players who beat me, pretty much all of my salt comes from the interface lagging out at a crucial moment and not even getting an ICR out of it.

It's just a personal problem though, I feel obligated to at least try these short-lived events where you can win stuff for free, but it always ends up being more stressful than I like from Magic.

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Won two games in the Standard Every Card Challenge (bummer it's only one go) with a Red Fell Red deck, but I am cruising through Bronze with it. It freaking destroys... if it goes off, opponents are done on turn three or four.

This is my first time playing Ranked in Arena. When does the loss-penalty begin?

Last edited:

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Won two games in the Standard Every Card Challenge (bummer it's only one go) with a Red Fell Red deck, but I am cruising through Bronze with it. It freaking destroys... if it goes off, opponents are done on turn three or four.

This is my first time playing Ranked in Arena. When does the lose-penalty begin?

Silver, but there you get 2 pips for a win and lose 1 for a loss. It becomes one-for-one in Gold.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
It should be BO3 because BO1 with the shuffler and no sideboarding is a terrible concept for playing Magic.

To many good players would reach 11 wins with BO3. This was always meant as a lottery. Which in the end hurts the game because it makes matches toxic.