• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
There is no way they're killing Garruk off with a cookie. But man it would be great if he had an unexplained missing eye going forward.

Sep 14, 2018
Poor cookie man and woman, Garruk still shit I see. Liliana should have killed him, nothing would be different.

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
I've never played a magic before but I saw the one on IOS is it fun? I'm looking for a quick card game to play on my phone at work and I'm getting back into hearthstone but I'll take a detour if this is really good?

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
I've never played a magic before but I saw the one on IOS is it fun? I'm looking for a quick card game to play on my phone at work and I'm getting back into hearthstone but I'll take a detour if this is really good?
The main Magic online thing right now is Magic Arena, which is PC only currently. You might be seeing Magic Duels or another old game. You'll basically just be playing single player on that, if that's alright with you.

Chojin

Oct 26, 2017
Ooh gonna try it out at home. I wonder how well leyline of the void works with those alter fate cards. I love recursion.

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Come to think of it, isn't an expansion for a trading card game based on fairy tales incredibly clichéd?
It's something Mark Rosewater (lead designer of the game) has been trying to do for 10 years, so I'd say no, it's not .

Fairy tales seems obvious, but you have to make it work with Magic. It's not as simple as having cameos from your favorite legends and calling it a day. Just like pirates & dinosaurs (Ixalan), popular themes will be included at some point, it's just a matter of making it fit. For instance, you could argue "cyberpunk' is a pretty cliché sci-fi genre, but in Magic it would be absolutely groundbreaking. One reason being that the game has no guns, well not conventional ones.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Hmmm... this isn't really the type of trailer I'm looking for from Magic: The Gathering. Gonna just be honest about that.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Oh, that's why they were making cookies on Twitch yesterday, lol.

giphy.gif