• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoutPatrol

Oct 30, 2017
After my second pool of 1 total removal spells in all colors and 2 damn leylines, sealed on arena can go die. At least in paper Friday those dead sealed leylines could be money.

Oct 28, 2017
After my second pool of 1 total removal spells in all colors and 2 damn leylines, sealed on arena can go die. At least in paper Friday those dead sealed leylines could be money.

I went 7-1 in sealed using a deck with only two red removal. You need to structure your deck to either provide high value or high speed if you lack removal. And make sure you run fliers.

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
Running pretty well with this rn, up to plat 1
unknown.png

unknown.png

I know Risen Reef is quite powerful but I don't know yet in what kind of deck it will ultimately end up and whether that deck is good enough

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Not loving how there are no weekly pack rewards alongside dailies. I feel limited in how to get more cards quickly outside of doing non-M20 drafts, slowly getting gems and possibly unlocking the season pass.

If I knew it'd be this sparse I would have never spent gems as draft entry fees.

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda want to make a deck of all risky above the curve cards. Old Growth Dryads, Rotting Regisaur, Charnel Troll, Assassin's Trophy etc. Any other good cards in that vein?

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
The reef card confused me since i thought it meant that if the card is a land csrd u csn either put it into ur hand or on the field. I did not realize the 2nd part applied to nonland cards :v

ZealousD

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Risen Reef is also nutter butters if you're playing a deck with Yarok, the Desecrated. It'll trigger twice once you play Yarok and then you'll draw two cards each time you play an elemental after that.

Koz

Sep 5, 2018
I think Risen Reef might be bordering on OP, it just goes off so easily.

Oct 25, 2017
I love how they printed cards specifically for Modern and the community immediately broke them. Immediately. It's amazing how fast that deck came together.

ZealousD

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I love how they printed cards specifically for Modern and the community immediately broke them. Immediately. It's amazing how fast that deck came together.

WotC said they could make Modern Horizons because they had the Play Design resources to do it. Guess that fell flat on its face.

Oh well. I'm sure we'll get Modern Horizons 2 anyway just so that they can print the ally Horizon lands and make more money selling lands like always.

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017

Apparently some copies of Corpse Knight are misprinted as 2/3s instead of 2/2s. I'm amazed something like this happened.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
The 2/3 will probably have some value, and then when we get Historic Masters in 20 years they'll print it as a 2/3 like Orniflamme.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
D-rq6c2VAAUYAqO.jpg:large

tried this list, it can beat temur elementals, so it's pretty strong in my book.

giving protection/unblockable to a 15/15 legionaire is really what this deck needed.

Bandini

Oct 25, 2017
Main decking tocatli is some serious risen reef/explore hate.

I've been seriously considering maindecking 2. WW continues to be my highest win rate deck, but right now I'm having more fun playing Bant ramp with green leyline.
My main problem with it is it's a nonbo with Loxodon

Last edited:

Twinguistics

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I need to go and check my pre release pack and check for a misprint corpse knight.

Went 0-2, 0-2, 0-2 in the sealed event with a W/R token type deck. I expected to do poorly though as it was my first sealed event so its fine. I actually think my deck is ok and it's me being awful at combat.

Oct 25, 2017
Can't decide which color I like for my for realsies deck:

24asW9i.png

Red is probably the weakest but I do like the idea of playing more 5 drops when you have Risen Reef. Domri is kinda cool with Hydroid Krasis lol
Black has great main and sideboard cards, but Thief of Sanity is a little too weak against aggressive decks so I might just put Jadelight back in.
White has the best sideboard card in Lyra, but I feel like the maindeck splash doesn't really give much. This is the color combination that I've played the most though.

I feel like the two biggest weaknesses I ran into with the Mass Manipulation decks last season was threat density and hitting quad blue on time against decks that pressure you. Risen Reef is great for churning through your deck and Agent of Treachery is a more palatable casting cost that leaves a body behind and lets you steal fun stuff like flipped Azcantas. Dodging spell pierce and veto makes the non-teferi colors more viable, too.

Last edited:

Izzy

Oct 25, 2017
No corpse knights in my sealed pool unfortunately, but had a pretty great time with my sealed deck. Had a decent black white deck, but managed to pull a Mythic Chandra that made me splash red. Was mostly worth it cause she won me two games, and then I got color screwed for my very last match. Still 2-1 was fine and my prize packs pulled a rare Chandra. Based on current searches my sealed event may have paid for itself.

Anyone have recommendations for online places to sell singles?

Dec 5, 2017
I ended up with all the new Chandra Planeswalker cards and I feel like I should do something with this but I don't know what.

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
My LGS switched to a 3 round system, but with 2 prize packs for every win. Anyway, I went 3-0 with no losses at all. I went with a BR deck that had Act of Treason and multiple sacrifice outlets: Bone Splinters, Mask of Immolation, and Bloodsoaked Alter. And yes, that combo went off multiple times. I had a pretty good curve, with Goblin Smuggler especially being a big help with Blood Burglar, Audacious Thief, and Lavakin Brawler (with Scampering Scorcher as a booster). Oh, and I had Big Chandra. That helped.

Only had to mulligan once, and only went down to 6.

Two people in my store opened 2/3 Corpse Knights. I didn't face it.

Oct 28, 2017
No corpse knights in my sealed pool unfortunately, but had a pretty great time with my sealed deck. Had a decent black white deck, but managed to pull a Mythic Chandra that made me splash red. Was mostly worth it cause she won me two games, and then I got color screwed for my very last match. Still 2-1 was fine and my prize packs pulled a rare Chandra. Based on current searches my sealed event may have paid for itself.

Anyone have recommendations for online places to sell singles?

I sell high value stuff on TCGPlayer if I have the time. But near prerelease when prices drop fast, I just buylist to Cardkingdom as I think the pricing and grading is fair and it's easy.

Sell everything fast when a set releases. Prices will fall.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not enjoying M20 sealed so far. I might just be getting bad pools, but I'm finding it hard to make a solid, synergistic deck. Maybe draft will be a bit better.
I got absolutely fucked for removal. The best I got is the shitty 5 mana red card that deals 5 damage. In a set with Murder at common. Christ.

Barrin

Dec 12, 2017
I got two Chandra's Regulators and none of the Chandras. Forcing a URG deck pushing elementals for Risen Reef which is going to suck.

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What are your guys opinions on MTG lore? Do you consider it generic fantasy fare or is it worth getting into? I'm thinking of buying the concepts and legends book and the upcoming Rise of the Gatewatch A Visual History book.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Most will disagree, but pre-mending, yes. Post-mending, eh, depends on the plane of the week.

Instead of a continuing storyline of a sprawling journey, you now get a mish mash of different small stories every two sets focusing on whoever is the focus in that particular story. It makes for an episodic nature, which the Magic universe doesn't lend itself well to in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.