• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C19 - Mass Diminish; Growing Ranks; Atla Palani, Nest Tender; Roc Egg; Full Flowering; Marisi, Breaker of the Coil
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
So now mono green can do cloning too LOL

Cool minotaur tribal commander although I'm not sure green has that many minotaurs.
Like I said, that card is a reprint. And cloning your stuff in green seems perfectly in color anyway.

Leftover from yesterday

en_E8HuR84aKA.png

Reprint
image0.jpg

image0.jpg

This is pretty cool, and works with any Egg, not just a token. Speaking of which,
image0.jpg

image0.jpg

I see they're using "Do this X times" instead of "Repeat this X times", which caused a lot of confusion.

image0.jpg

Glad goad has become multi-player evergreen.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
It's a little bit different since Bramble Sovereign can make any creature into a copy. In a format like Commander, it seems rife for abuse.

Didn't know it was a reprint though.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Those are all such different applications of copying though. Those all feel green in a way, they copy themselves or things you own/control. I recognize it's a reprint, but Bramble Sovereign feels more blue in the way it copies anything.

aidan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure it was established during the Weatherlight Saga that Urza was a master cloner, he just didn't do it very often because he doesn't like to show off.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I would have bet my life that "Voice of Many" was already a cardname at some point in the last 26 years

Yeef

Oct 25, 2017
New York
I would have bet my life that "Voice of Many" was already a cardname at some point in the last 26 years
There's Voice of All, but this isn't all, just a lot.

Those are all such different applications of copying though. Those all feel green in a way, they copy themselves or things you own/control. I recognize it's a reprint, but Bramble Sovereign feels more blue in the way it copies anything.
Bramble Sovereign is from Battlebond, so it was bent slightly to allow you to help your teammate. In a normal game you'll basically only ever use it to copy your own stuff.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Bramble Sovereign is from Battlebond, so it was bent slightly to allow you to help your teammate. In a normal game you'll basically only ever use it to copy your own stuff.
That's not what he meant. Copying any of your creatures, especially if you're playing green, is a lot scarier than making another Polyraptor.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
There's Voice of All, but this isn't all, just a lot.

I'm glad that we can at the very least call it a bend. I mean, it's not the end of the world as a card. It just feels slightly out of place to me every time I see it. It's worth noting that it copies any non-token creature if you have the mana, not just yours. I don't know who did or didn't miss that. It can cause some really wacky stuff to happen.

Yeef

Oct 25, 2017
New York
I'm glad that we can at the very least call it a bend. I mean, it's not the end of the world as a card. It just feels slightly out of place to me every time I see it. It's worth noting that it copies any non-token creature if you have the mana, not just yours. I don't know who did or didn't miss that. It can cause some really wacky stuff to happen.
The copy comes in under the control of the player who played the original; you don't get the copy even though you pay the mana. Again, in a normal game it basically just copies your own creatures because you're not going to want to pay to give your opponents extra creatures.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
The copy comes in under the control of the player who played the original; you don't get the copy even though you pay the mana. Again, in a normal game it basically just copies your own creatures because you're not going to want to pay to give your opponents extra creatures.
I understand how the card works and where the tokens go. It's a good card to use to gain allies and friends in political games.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
I can't wait for Marisi to get to Westeros and break that coil. I've got a good feeling everything'll turn out A-OK.

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017

No "Magus of" card in these decks, but when we learn the reason why, we'll be ashamed of our words and deeds.

C19 - Bloodthirsty Blade; Geth, Lord of the Vault
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Funnily enough, after all the discussion about it, Bramble Sovereign turned out to be fake. It isn't in the populate Commander deck.

Anyway, madness deck reveals.
EBaqbr4UcAEicDY.png
EBaqbr5UEAIRkMm.png

That equipment is neat. Didn't realize goad could work like that.

StaffyManasse

Oct 28, 2017
I gave in and placed a preorder for the Naya deck. That's four EDH decks now and we started the format about a month ago.

I'm in trouble aren't I?

C19 - Chainer, Nightmare Adept; Wildfire Devils; Curse of Fool's Wisdom; Supreme Demon of Astio (?); Big Game Hunter; Grimoire of the Dead; Hedonist's Trove

Yeef

Oct 25, 2017
New York
image0.jpg
na9ksdmgw6f31.png
image0.jpg

Archfiend_of_Spite_IT.png

Creature - Demon
Flying
Whenever a source an opponent controls deals damage to ~, that source's controller loses that much life unless that player sacrifices that many permanents.
Madness 3BB
6/6
image0.jpg

M18fe63.jpg

GH6FmGW.jpg

C19 - Greven, Predator Captain; Skyfire Phoenix; Hate Mirage (?); Aeon Engine; Idol of Oblivion; Nightmare Unmasking
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, did MaRo slip and forget that Chainer isn't from Weatherlight--oh wait, never mind, here's the Weatherlight legend.
G6bZVNFh.png

Even has the same artist as Gerrard.

EBdTVHUXYAARph8.png

Thought this was a reprint, but no, it's new.

QmhfDkl.png

Hate Mirage 3R
Sorcery
Choose up to two target creatures you don't control. For each of those creatures create a token that is a copy of those creatures. These tokens gain Haste. Exile them at the beginning of the next end step.

This is in the populate deck too, yes.

Screenshot_16.png

unknown.png

From the populate deck

Screenshot_18.png

C19 - Mire in Misery
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
EBeJt6yU4AAg5GJ.png

Our first example of black enchantment hate. Weaker than a normal edict in most cases, but better against an opponent with an enchantment and no creatures.

EDIT: Or as pointed out in the chat, this works with the expectation that if you want to get rid of someone's enchantment, you get rid of their creatures first.

IceMarker

Oct 26, 2017
United States
EBeJt6yU4AAg5GJ.png

Our first example of black enchantment hate. Weaker than a normal edict in most cases, but better against an opponent with an enchantment and no creatures.

EDIT: Or as pointed out in the chat, this works with the expectation that if you want to get rid of someone's enchantment, you get rid of their creatures first.
Sweet! Wish this was in Standard for my Grixis deck.

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Sweet! Wish this was in Standard for my Grixis deck.
morruthehedgehog asked: Just saw Mire in Misery, this is the black enchantment removal you've been hinting at right? What is the extent of enchantment removal in black? Is it just edicts?

Here's what we're up to. We realized that three different colors could get rid of artifacts (white, red, and green), but only two could get rid of enchantments (white and green). Black seemed like the right choice as it had two permanent types it couldn't remove. Now, red has trouble with enchantments and black has trouble with artifacts.

Our constraints for black were as follows. We definitely want black to be third in efficiency behind white and green. We also didn't want black to be able to destroy its own enchantments as we like the Deal with the Devil enchantments in black (this was the major reason black hasn't had enchantment removal).

With those constraints, we've started designing cards. Our plan is to roll them out slowly, so I don't believe Throne of Eldraine has one. You will see more though, just slowly.

August 08, 2019

So there probably won't be any in Eldraine, but they should be coming to Standard with the set after (which is probably Return to Theros).

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
At least black has had Duress and general discard spells.

This is a good development though. It might make Grixis more relevant instead of always being second fiddle to Esper.

Izzy

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm... this one feels familiar to me.

It even costs 3 mana like pre-nerf HS BGH lol.

Trust me, if I ever see that played imma have to hold myself back from saying the line.

I am a complete novice to commander so I have no idea how to evaluate these decks but I'll probably be dipping into the format here. I gravitate towards white (which I understand has a tougher time in commander) so I'll probably try out at least the populate or jeskai decks. Though the madness deck certainly looks sweet.

I don't imagine there's pre-release type events for commander sets right? More of a check what your LGS is doing on the release weekend kind of thing?

Oct 28, 2017
Trust me, if I ever see that played imma have to hold myself back from saying the line.

I am a complete novice to commander so I have no idea how to evaluate these decks but I'll probably be dipping into the format here. I gravitate towards white (which I understand has a tougher time in commander) so I'll probably try out at least the populate or jeskai decks. Though the madness deck certainly looks sweet.

I don't imagine there's pre-release type events for commander sets right? More of a check what your LGS is doing on the release weekend kind of thing?

Exactly. Some will do something, most won't. There'll probably at least be dedicated Commander playtime so you can jump into a game or two.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
It's probably going to be pretty easy to find people playing the precons (or lightly modified versions) for a few weeks after they release, even if your store doesn't run an official event.

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
I got my hopes up for nothing regarding madness cards, not only were there only 3 new cards with the mechanic but also only 1 of them is even good. Bringing the grand total of good madness cards to 3! Depending on how you stretch playable we might make 10.

StaffyManasse

Oct 28, 2017
EDH deck idea came to me on a lunch break! (Don't know if someone somewhere has had the same idea already.)

Commander:

c366e1c0-f62d-41ce-baec-de11dbc1c5f4.jpg

The deck:

Basically cat tribal with added Armageddon, Jokulhaups, Devastation, Obliterate, Apocalypse etc.

I'd take it slow and play a cat each turn, or maybe just attack with some of them. Basically don't do much but goad stuff and be a nuisance.

Then, when the time is right go jokulhaupsing on people's asses.

When undoubtedly someone would ask "what IS that deck?!"

I would answer "it is the A-PAW-CALYPSE."

Then, I would play more cats.

Status
Not open for further replies.