• Welcome to ResetEra 2.0! Guests should now be able to save their dark or light theme preferences, found on the left sidebar.

Magic: the Gathering |OT| Guilds of Ravnica - We built this city on blocks of gold

Oct 27, 2017
Nope. Cards from supplemental sets that weren’t also printed in Standard legal sets from 8th Ed/Mirrodin and on are only legal in legacy, commander, vintage and pauper.
Thanks! That makes it clear. I guess I have a better idea on what to get now (some boosters of the newest standard stuff, maybe a 2019 deck build set). I'll guess one commander deck is not out of the question if there's enough people playing, maybe I can dig through my old stuff to see if I have any cool legendary around to build a make-do around it to try before purchasing.

Thanks! That makes it clear. I guess I have a better idea on what to get now (some boosters of the newest standard stuff, maybe a 2019 deck build set). I'll guess one commander deck is not out of the question if there's enough people playing, maybe I can dig through my old stuff to see if I have any cool legendary around to build a make-do around it to try before purchasing.
Commander can be very fun if you can find the right play group. It can also be miserable if you end up in the wrong one. What sort of decks do you like to play?

Oct 27, 2017
Commander can be very fun if you can find the right play group. It can also be miserable if you end up in the wrong one. What sort of decks do you like to play?
No idea of the actual English terms, but I like to play "zerg rush" stuff (mostly green and/or red), black or half-black decks using necromancy or sacrifices, and I have a particular black/red/blue deck from the Kamigawa era tweaked with some newer stuff focused on spirits and arcane spells retro-feeding one another constantly, especially the Zubera, which is still a blast to play if you get it right. Basically constantly exploding creatures on the enemy's face, making them discard and helping me draw extra.