• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aidan

Oct 25, 2017
Good golly, Seb McKinnon.

en_9vuvjgmS9P.png

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Bad card, amazing art.
Highly playable in Limited.
The problem is that people totally didn't buy it, and then WotC has doubled and tripled down on pricing. Iconic can be got for less than 150 easily. Thats a large indication that it didn't sell.
I feel if they were simply combined into a single "Eternal Masters 2" and released in the Masters 25 slot, it would've been an easy hit.

ZealousD

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Buried Alive
Demonic Tutor
Entomb
Mikaeus, the Unhallowed
Reanimate
Shriekmaw
Eternal Witness
Fauna Shaman
Satyr Wayfinder
Phyrexian Tower
Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth

They should have called this set, "Meren Masters".

ZealousD

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Darn so they're basically masterpieces that cost significantly more than the regular version.

I wonder if the store owner gets to keep them...

You can still get the new goyf art in the regular printing. I think of the box toppers as less like Masterpieces and more like Super Foils.

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
To be clear, Box Toppers are inside the box wrapping, so resellers would have to open the box anyway to get to them, unlike Buy a Box Promos.

ZealousD

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
To be clear, Box Toppers are inside the box wrapping, so resellers would have to open the box anyway to get to them, unlike Buy a Box Promos.

Right, but the point is if you're seeing somebody selling the box topper sealed all by itself, you probably shouldn't buy it. Not unless you're willing to open a Stirring Wildwood. Some less scrupulous people might look inside the pack, see a card that's below market value for a sealed box topper, then try to flip it for the market rate instead.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Darn so they're basically masterpieces that cost significantly more than the regular version.

I wonder if the store owner gets to keep them...
The whole reason people are saying the set is $14 a booster is because unlike every other set where WOTC gives the booster MSRP, this time they only gave the BOX MSRP of $~333. In theory, stores that open boxes to sell boosters should not be selling them for $14, they should sell them for something less then that, and then they can sell the Masterpiece in whatever way they want

robox

Nov 10, 2017
why did they give colonnade vigilance but not wildwood?? flying is already way better than reach.

aidan

Oct 25, 2017
Who wants to discuss where each MTG artist would fit on the colour pie?

Noah Bradley is totally Selesnya.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Who wants to discuss where each MTG artist would fit on the colour pie?

Noah Bradley is totally Selesnya.
There's a really obvious "Terese Nielsen would be black, but don't tell her that" joke in here.

edit; more seriously, what would Trumpian conspiracy theory stuff fall under? Mardu? White because they run the state, Black because selfishness, Red because crazy?

GoutPatrol

Oct 30, 2017
Just helped my friend get a bunch of cards for pauper elves. If no one wants to play pauper around me, I'll give them the cards.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Gamestop is having a BOGO 75% off sale. Works on Commander decks online. Probably will work in store on Fat Packs, Masters packs, etc

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I figure this is as good a place as any to bring this up and look for suggestions. I own a physical 1:1 of the Magic Online Uncommon Cube. You can see my Cube here: http://www.cubetutor.com/viewcube/115165

The Cube hit Magic Online shortly after the release of Dominaria, and thus it is "out of date". I'm looking to update it by adding cards from Battlebond, Core Set 2019, and Guilds or Ravnica, as well as some cards that were downshifted in Ultimate Masters, while keeping the number of total cards locked at 600. I'm going to be doing an update at the end of December, and am looking for any and all ideas and suggestions for cards to add and remove.

Here are some initial thoughts I had for your consideration:

- Inner Demon replacing Drown in Sorrow
- Vampire Sovereign replacing Yargle, Glutton of Urborg
- Heroic Reinforcements replacing Stun Sniper
- Exclusion Mage replacing Merfolk Skyscout
- Poison-Tip Archer replacing Slimefoot, the Stowaway
- Meteor Golem replacing Serrated Biskelion
- Sinister Sabotage replacing Daze
- Murmuring Mystic replacing Turtleshell Changeling
- Chemister's Insight replacing Sight Beyond Sight
- Plaguecrafter replacing Merciless Executioner
- Goblin Cratermaker replacing Slith Firewalker
- Lava Coil replacing Dance with Devils
- Boros Challenger replacing Sky Terror
- Status / Statue replacing Putrefy
- Shirei, Shizo's Caretaker replacing Lingering Phantom
- Angel of Despair replacing Kiss of the Amesha

Other cards I'm considering looking to make room for: Militia Bugler, Druid of Horns, and maybe Thought Erasure.

Again, any and all ideas would be helpful. As I said, I'm hoping to do this update at the very end of the year, so I have plenty of time to consider various options.

Last edited:

GoutPatrol

Oct 30, 2017
- Exclusion Mage replacing Merfolk Skyscout
- Meteor Golem replacing Serrated Biskelion
- Sinister Sabotage replacing Daze
- Murmuring Mystic replacing Turtleshell Changeling
- Chemister's Insight replacing Sight Beyond Sight
- Plaguecrafter replacing Merciless Executioner
- Goblin Cratermaker replacing Slith Firewalker
- Lava Coil replacing Dance with Devils
- Shirei, Shizo's Caretaker replacing Lingering Phantom
- Angel of Despair replacing Kiss of the Amesha

I like all of these. Keeping the Dominaria legends as fun build arounds is cool. I think the Boros tapper is a more interesting play decision than the pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.