• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Senate Guildmage
Sep 14, 2018
I can't even remember the other ones but this is probably the best one.

Pcn-R6-WYyov-WDd-QEUf-y-Q760-Avqo-S8-L69h5o-OA4p-Si4.jpg

Beje

Oct 27, 2017
unknown.png

U
Creature — Salamander Drake
Flying 7U:Adapt 4.This ability costs 1 less to activate for each instant and sorcery card in your graveyard.
1/1

Holy shit, that's going straight into my Quasiduplicate Izzet Drakes instead of some murmuring mystics. That's pretty much what it needs the most: early aggro, especially against control decks to bait removal.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Target creature deals damage equal to its power to X" is not a constructed playable spell on its own.

Sorry to burst your bubble. Conditional removal is bad. (It's good if it's on a PW, which this effect HAS been seen on.)

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Not 100% sold on the "pay to ping" effects to trigger Spectacle. So far almost all the Spectacle effect have been:
  1. Pay less to cast, negated by paying to trigger it in the first place.
  2. Pay more to cast, with a kicker effect, which could end up very mana expensive if you're paying to trigger.
I'm probably missing something obvious, but I'm hoping to see some more Rakdos cards that make these ping effects worth paying the cost for. The passive ping abilities seem ok though, even if a few seem a bit situational for triggering Spectacle.

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
RB is supposed to be agro, you're supposed to play a lot of 1/2 mana creatures and get early hits in

I think you'd have to be quite economical. Clearly you wouldn't want to spend more mana triggering spectacle than you save on the spectacle casting cost. I assume you'd want to hold back enough spectacle-casted creatures to get maximum value out of a single trigger, am I getting that right?

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think you'd have to be quite economical. Clearly you wouldn't want to spend more mana triggering spectacle than you save on the spectacle casting cost. I assume you'd want to hold back enough spectacle-casted creatures to get maximum value out of a single trigger, am I getting that right?
101.jpg

Casting the mythic demon on turn 3 rather than 4 is better than just saving 1 mana.

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
101.jpg

Casting the mythic demon on turn 3 rather than 4 is better than just saving 1 mana.

Oh, when I was talking about spectacle triggers I was talking more about the activated abilities on the likes of Theater of Horrors (3R for 1 damage to player/PW) . I think I probably imagined more cards with the same expensive ping ability (Carnival//Carnage and Cult Guildmage are cheap enough to trigger spectacle so no problems there). Maybe I've unknowingly exaggerated this in my own head.

Certainly Fanatical Firebrand is a shoe-in for triggering spectacle effects. I'd already planned on throwing in a bunch if I still intend on playing Rakdos.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the activated abilities on the enchantments are just there for the cards to be playable in limited I assume

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Would this be the right place to ask if someone has some codes left from preconstructed decks to use in MTG Arena ?

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure how many are still floating around but I'm sure there will be some extra sealed codes floating around the thread after pre release next weekend assuming they give them out again.
Yeah I asked a friend to grab me one if he gets the chance next week, I won't be able to attend unfortunately :(
Well, if someone still has a preconstructed code, I'd love to grab it if possible :) thanks!

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
Underwhelmed by most of the spoilers - not really on power level as much as "yep, these are what Ravnica cards look like" - but Biomancer looks fun.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Sure another flash angel why not

When are we going to get flash dragons again

Or better yet with super haste

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
In limited it's a great card if there's any level of "counters matter" or "move counters" synergy. By turn 2 you have a counter on it, and you can move counters off or on it to get repeated triggers cheaply. Even without synergies it'll play out as "1u, 2/2, loot" more often than not (since you wouldn't be playing anything on turn 1 anyway) which is still a clear positive card.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah a 2-mana flexible cost revive sorcery that goes straight to the battlefield seems good enough to me. Add on the option of revenge in a control deck for 10 vs. 40 HP...

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Revenge is more limited in use than many of you seem to think, but that's why it's a split card.

Are any of the monoblue addendum cards not going to draw cards?

ZealousD

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I almost always kicked Blink of an Eye and I'd pay one less mana for sorcery speed, not sure how Arrester's is bad?

Plus it looks like there are some bigger tokens in this set, like 4/4's. Maybe you won't have anything as satisfying as blinking the token from a Chainer's Torment but hitting that Azorious token that does a Serra Angel impression is still nice.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I almost always kicked Blink of an Eye and I'd pay one less mana for sorcery speed, not sure how Arrester's is bad?

Plus it looks like there are some bigger tokens in this set, like 4/4's. Maybe you won't have anything as satisfying as blinking the token from a Chainer's Torment but hitting that Azorious token that does a Serra Angel impression is still nice.
Creature only and sorcery speed is really annoying

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
True story: I played a game today where my opponent had an Opposition with two creatures untapped on their t3 and I had to unkick Blink of an Eye eot to not get locked out.

Ethereal Absolution
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
DwZ9lSiXgAQkV1T.jpg:small

Kaya: You know, Teysa? We really are Ravnica Allegiance.

In the story, this corresponds to Kaya forgiving all debts due to Orzhov. And yeah, despite the glowing eyes in her art, it doesn't really seem like Bolas is directly mind controlling her.

Status
Not open for further replies.