• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
Gruul and Rakdos likely get the biggest pushes for Constructed I bet. Azorius probably gets the least support.

They seem to be trying to make the underplayed guilds from previous sets stronger. Gruul has a good strong track record from precious sets, with one mechanic even making it to a core set. Surely it's more likely we see Simic pushed hard? It's a guild that's never been strong in Ravnica environments, it's a little used colour combo currently, and it's one of the two anti-Bolas guilds in the set.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
Azorius probably goes full fliers (read: thopters) and artifact support to provide a different archetype than control for UW or Esper.

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Azorius probably goes full fliers (read: thopters) and artifact support to provide a different archetype than control for UW or Esper.
I don't feel like Control is ever a legit archetype in limited these days. Control decks are usually just random cards that correspond to cards typically played in draw go decks.

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Just wanted to say Hydroid Krasis is perfect in a Momir Vig EDH deck. Can't wait to see other goods this set will gift us!

Amplifire
Sep 14, 2018
ass.png

Seraph of the Scales
Sep 14, 2018
Clearly meant for Gruul, it's a 4 mana threat but I don't know what deck can't blow up a 1/1 by turn 4. By the way I've been thinking a little more about Kaya and I think she's worth trying out, it just seems like a lot of setup if you want her as a finisher, it would have to be some kind of mill deck to ensure enough cards can be exiled, probably too much trouble to make it work but it sounds fun.

Edit: Trying not to dp

hjh7pr7r06821.png

Last edited:

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It should be rare for constructed but mythic for limited. I'm fine with the rarity.
Good luck justifying the flavor behind afterlife 2 tho.

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
uncommon would be insane it's 6/5 worth of P/T over 3 bodies w/ flying that will trade up and/or attack and hold down the fort. It's pretty boring and not that pushed for a mythic but above rate for most rares.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
Clearly meant for Gruul, it's a 4 mana threat but I don't know what deck can't blow up a 1/1 by turn 4. By the way I've been thinking a little more about Kaya and I think she's worth trying out, it just seems like a lot of setup if you want her as a finisher, it would have to be some kind of mill deck to ensure enough cards can be exiled, probably too much trouble to make it work but it sounds fun.

Edit: Trying not to dp

hjh7pr7r06821.png
Mardu angels here we go!

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I can't imagine Mass Manipulation (RNA) being hard-cast at all really. Not to mention it seems like a counter-magnet.

Beje

Oct 27, 2017
I can't imagine Mass Manipulation (RNA) being hard-cast at all really. Not to mention it seems like a counter-magnet.

It's a one trick pony. It works the first time, but for the second match on a Bo3 you can be sure as hell your opponent will pack any kind of counters, insta-sac outlets or something similar. The X part of the spell also makes sure you don't cast it with Omniscience or Omnispell Adept (since X=0 in those cases) if I'm not mistaken.

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
Ravager Wurm is a strange one. I do like the way that Riot can punish tapping out for a planeswalker.

re: Orzhov mythic, it'd be a miserable rare in limited and prefer when not every mythic is broken. I also think it's plenty powerful. Same thing with the two PWs: strongly prefer interesting designs that may or may not be good. If they're bad, fine, you don't have 10 good planeswalkers in standard. (Strongly favor more level power differential between the rarities, which is usually going to translate to "bad mythics" by current precedent.)

GLHFGodbless

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ravager Wurm seems to cost 1 colorless too many imo for a mythic with no other keywords and it's stats. There is far better shit to cast on 6 mana with those colors. Decent sideboard card I guess. Spawn of mayhem is fantastic even without the spectacle cost. Getting this thing out on turn 3 in limited is basically game winning. Even in standard it's gonna be a staple in any black or rakdos beatdown or burn deck. Good card.

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That seems like one of the easier Riot choices. Unless it's gonna kill your opponent immediately you really want that activated ability.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
I had a feeling Standard Aristocrats was the way things were going with Orzhov when I saw Afterlife.

Let's do it, baby.

GLHFGodbless

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Any aristocrats without blood artist and cutthroat are just imitations really. Reprint both you cowards.

Status
Not open for further replies.