• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did you actually sell these or are these imaginary 700$?
I'll be selling them later once the price goes up further. It's not "imaginary" if the price appreciates and I'm going to be making future income. The price isn't going to go down on them, primarily because the UMA Box Toppers are basically impossible to reprint.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Am I doing my math wrong? It says 61% sold right now, which suggests there are 14.5K instead. Also, it's getting near the end of the day and they still have 39% left.
The number sold went way down earlier, meaning a bunch of cancelled orders of greater than 2 are temporarily out of this listing.

Blooddimond

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think this deck is capable of that... haha

NEI1qNd.jpg
No Lotus petals? Makes it so easy :P

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I just had four insane and long games in a constructed event in a row. I need a better win condition for my Esper deck. I won all those games, but it took way too long. I have Chromium but it just seems like it drags things out. I would love to get Dawn of Hope, but no rare wildcards at the moment. I am sitting here considering splashing a single Mountain and Banefire just to have something.

Toma

Scratching that Itch.io http://bit.ly/ItchERA
Oct 25, 2017
Wilderness Reclamation + Nexus of Fate is a bit disgusting.

Toma

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously though, what is the best counter deck to that? Red Aggro?

Feb 16, 2018
any blue deck with counterspells and pressure should do okay, but those decks can't beat a red deck

or you can play creatureless control and beat both red and nexus of fate, but you'll probably bore yourself to death after 50 games with it

pick your poison

dadjumper

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
Bought 4 packs on my way home from work tonight and got a foil Angel of Grace in the first one!
I just started playing properly from Guilds, and this was my first ever mythic pull. Pretty stoked.
Gonna sell that thing back tomorrow, lol

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Seriously though, what is the best counter deck to that? Red Aggro?
I find Syncopate really useful against Nexus. They are usually trying to rush their first one out as soon as possible, so hitting them with that kills the graveyard return and they usually can't respond to it or pay the X. But generally speaking it's only going to buy you time until you hope they don't draw another one.

Toma

Oct 25, 2017
I find Syncopate really useful against Nexus. They are usually trying to rush their first one out as soon as possible, so hitting them with that kills the graveyard return and they usually can't respond to it or pay the X. But generally speaking it's only going to buy you time until you hope they don't draw another one.
Might add syncopate to my merfolk deck then to see how that helps. Good idea, thanks.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
Now that I've had some time with it, I'm updating my hot take of "indifferent/mildly disappointed" to a cold take of "I actively dislike this set in all formats".

Thanks for giving mono-white EDH Smothering Tithe so they're slightly less sad, I guess. That gets you a star for Less Than Complete Failure.

Toma

Oct 25, 2017
Now that I've had some time with it, I'm updating my hot take of "indifferent/mildly disappointed" to a cold take of "I actively dislike this set in all formats".

Thanks for giving mono-white EDH Smothering Tithe so they're slightly less sad, I guess. That gets you a star for Less Than Complete Failure.
I like the new deck variety in standard, but Nexus and Wilderness Reclamation do tick me off a bit.

Beje

Oct 27, 2017
The fact that the only ways to effectively fight against Nexus is MOAR BLUE doesn't give me any kind of confidence tbh

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I mean honestly Nexus itself isn't the problem, it's the Reclamation. It's an incredibly dumb card in multiple ways.

Beje

Oct 27, 2017
Can't you play Unmoored Ego or something and exile all copies of Nexus?

Only in the super strange case your opponent is tapped out. I've had matches with guys that pretty much had 4 Negate, 4 Cancel, 4 Spell Pierce, at least a couple of Syncopate and 4 Thought Collapse so with the constant cantrips they ALWAYS had one or two on hand and enough mana open to cast both.

GLHFGodbless

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
After a week, I have to say aristocrats is indeed very meh in standard. You're better off just playing b/g saprolings, at least that has a instant speed manaless sac engine.

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
Most Nexus decks don't have room for many counters g1; they'll board into some g2 but it's not like the deck is structured to reliably prevent three-mana cards from resolving. I also think the deck has an unfavorable monored matchup.

The Pro Points podcast today is all talking about the exploitative Gates strategy in Arena draft. Take advantage before they change the bots!

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Can't you play Unmoored Ego or something and exile all copies of Nexus?
You're probably better off running Mortify to kill their Reclamation. (You run into the same problem of them potentially having a counter, of course.) I am running 4x in my Esper control deck and it's crazy how often they are a big factor in matches. At least on Arena, enchantments are everywhere. I also run 1x Devious Cover-Up so I can cycle Mortifys and Absorbs back into my deck depending on the situation. Might not be optimal but it has the added benefit of exiling the countered spell and it's worked well for me so far.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Most Nexus decks don't have room for many counters g1; they'll board into some g2 but it's not like the deck is structured to reliably prevent three-mana cards from resolving. I also think the deck has an unfavorable monored matchup.

The Pro Points podcast today is all talking about the exploitative Gates strategy in Arena draft. Take advantage before they change the bots!
Isn't the Gates strategy heavily reliant on the uncommons though?

I never see the uncommons. I see tons of gates but not the uncommons.

M-Files: Ravnica Allegiance – Monocolor
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
M-Files: Ravnica Allegiance – Monocolor
Dan Musser

Take a peek into our card database to see what Magic's designers were talking about as they created Ravnica Allegiance.

* There's a mistake in the first entry. Lumbering Battlement can exile other copies of itself.
* Tithe Taker had them check to make sure it was fine in Modern Humans decks.
* Benthic Biomancer started as a 1U non-merfolk with a 1U adapt ability to draw a card. To help merfolk decks, they lowered the cost, changed the effect to looting, and had it trigger on any +1/+1 counter being placed on it.
* I hadn't realized that the Persistent in Persistent Petitioners was a riff on Relentless in Relentless Rats. It's a shame the art didn't directly reference that card like suggested here. It was originally uncommon, but moved down to enable a Limited deck.
* They were really worried about Drill Bit.
* Gates Ablaze was 4R, but was moved down to 2R to enable a Constructed Gates deck.
* Of course, they knew about Electrodominance and the no-mana suspend cards, but determined it wasn't a big risk. It started as a sorcery, but was made instant to push it for Constructed.
* End-Raze Forerunners shows they aren't ready for green to grant haste to other creatures yet, even if it has become secondary.

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
Isn't the Gates strategy heavily reliant on the uncommons though?

I never see the uncommons. I see tons of gates but not the uncommons.

That's surprising -- that hasn't been my experience. I see the bots constantly passing the gate payoff cards (and obviously you take them over any other card in the set). It is reliant on those cards, though.

Metal Slugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
St. Cloud, MN
My Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder EDH deck has been banned by my wife lol, taking a 15 minute turn to draw half my deck with Dark Prophecy and slowly whittle her down with Falkenrath Noble+Blood Artist will do that. Going full fuckery by sticking Contamination and Smokestack in there for when I really want my opponents to hate me.

Toma

Oct 25, 2017
Going by the matches I just did, Gates players seem to love the Syncopate surprise in my merfolk deck. Thanks Orb !

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's surprising -- that hasn't been my experience. I see the bots constantly passing the gate payoff cards (and obviously you take them over any other card in the set). It is reliant on those cards, though.
I listened to the podcast, which was a good listen. I'll give their method a shot. I've just not seen the payoff cards later, except the Angel, that they talk about.

Toma

Oct 25, 2017
What are the modes to increase Limited rank?

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
also I feel like a legitimate genius right now, I got into an awkward matchup against a Drakes deck where I had no win condition other than letting the guy deck himself out, and I correctly anticipated he was going to Banefire me so I cycled 3 Absorbs back into my deck and countered my own spells just to give myself enough life to get out of range of his burn

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Every single creature in my Abzan Tokens deck is female including both the legendaries and the non legendaries in the art. Lyra, Teysa, Shalai, Vraska, Vivien, Shanna, Seraph of the Scales, Imperious Oligarch, Hero of Precinct One, sometimes Trostani out of the board.

It wasn't intentional but now I keep calling the deck Gorgeous Ladies of Wizardry.

Last edited:

aidan

Oct 25, 2017
Every single creature in my Abzan Tokens deck is female including both the legendaries and the non legendaries in the art. Lyra, Teysa, Shalai, Vraska, Vivien, Shanna, Seraph of the Scales, Imperious Oligarch, Hero of Precinct One, sometimes Trostani out of the board.

It wasn't intentional but now I keep calling the deck Gorgeous Ladies of Wizardry.

What list are you running? This sounds right up my alley.

Status
Not open for further replies.