• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 29293

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Uff, Marshall is the only regular back on the casting table for the Pax Mythic Championship. Pretty brutal to switch out all those people the moment you make a big marketing push.

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
That reminds me, here are all the titles suggested so far from March 8 on:

Magic the Gathering |OT| War of the Spark - Everyone is Here!
Magic the Gathering |OT| War of the Spark - In the endgame now
Magic the Gathering |OT| War of the Spark - UP FROM THE 36 WALKERS
Magic the Gathering |OT| War of the Spark - Infinite (Consortium) War
Magic the Gathering |OT| War of the Spark - Got 36 problems but Fblthp ain't one
Magic the Gathering |OT| War of the Spark - *OPRAH SCREAM* EVERYBODY. GETS. A. PLANESWALKER.
Magic the Gathering |OT| Zero Days Since Last Standard Baan
Magic: The Gathering |OT| War of the Spark - Enter the Nic-Bolas (36 Planeswalkers)

Magic: The Gathering |OT| War of the Spark - Fucking Finally
Magic the Gathering |OT| War of the Spark - The Gang's All Here
Magic the Gathering |OT| War of the Spark - We're Back! A Planeswalker Story
Magic the Gathering |OT| War of the Spark - The Gang Gets Bolas'd
Magic the Gathering |OT| War of the Spark - Enter the Dragon
Magic the Gathering |OT| War of the Spark - Walker: Bolas danger
Magic the Gathering |OT| War of the Spark - Three dozen wizards 'walk into a bar...
Magic the Gathering |OT| War of the Spark - Atraxa EDH players rejoice

Magic the Gathering |OT| War of the Spark - Gang Bang
Magic the Gathering |OT| War of the Spark - Class Photo Day
Magic: The Gathering |OT| War of the Spark - Might as Well be Planeswalking on the Sun
Magic: The Gathering |OT| War of the Spark - There was an idea...
Magic: The Gathering |OT| War of the Spark - Jacetice League Unlimited
Magic: The Gathering |OT| War of the Spark - Planeswalk the Line
Magic: The Gathering |OT| War of the Spark - Planeswalk this Way
Oops All Planeswalkers

Magic: The Gathering |OT| War of the Spark - Does it spark joy?
Magic: The Gathering |OT| Infinity War of the Spark
Magic: The Gathering |OT| War of the Spark - We are the Superfriends! ♪
Magic: The Gathering |OT| War of the Spark - Why can't I hold all these planeswalkers?
Magic: The Gathering |OT| War of the Spark - Untap, Upkeep, Draw, Tick up [Planeswalker]
|OT| The Night is Long, Planeswalk on Girl
|OT| Player Unknown's War of the Spark
|OT| Hot Town, Some are in the City
|OT| City of Fights
|OT| Eternals' Sun Shine of a Sparkless Kind
|OT| Where the Planeswalk Ends

Magic the Gathering: War of the Spark |OT| There are no Plainswalkers in this set
|OT| Test of Loyalty
|OT| Black Hole Sun, Won'tcha come
|OT| Tick Up, Tick Down, and Jump Around
|OT| I Got 99 Walkers and a Garruk Ain't One
|OT| Maro caught lying once again
|OT| Walkers meet, sparks fly.
Magic: The Gathering |OT| War of the Spark - The Girl's A Superfriend

|OT| War of the Spark - Window pain
|OT| War of the Spark - 36 Flavours of Planeswalker
|OT| War of the Spark - Gatewatch, Assemble!
|OT| War of the Spark - I got 36 'Walkers, but Garruk ain't one
|OT| War Of The Spark - Bye Bye Bolas
|OT| War Of The Spark - Nicol, can I see you in my office?

Oct 25, 2017
My favorites are Oprah and the Planeswalking on the Sun one, but I suggested the last one.

As I've mentioned, I do like the idea of a title that will attract the attention of lapsed Magic players who might start playing when they hear there's a planeswalker in every pack.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been playing Arena since sometime in November 2017. First with the introduction of that block with the Gods in closed beta, and then now in open beta with Dominaria and Ixalan and even the Core Set (Dominaria particularly), I've come to really dislike the inability to get cards from those sets without straight up buying packs or burning through WCs. Drafts are rarely offered and the WC system isn't generous enough to warrant spending 4 rares on 4 Steel Leaf Champions because I'm merely curious about playing some stompy variants. Not when there's so many rare lands in Standard, for example.

They should offer drafts more often for sets besides the most current one. Make it traditional BO3 gem-only entree drafts, whatever. Better than the current setup. Just offer them.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
I am so ready for spoilers

I'm cooled pretty hard on Standard through Allegiance, so I'm kind of in idle mode until spoilers.

I don't know why, it's much more likely Standard will get worse with the release of a new set (it's generally best post-rotation and steadily degenerates with each new release), but hope springs eternal.

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
OK, here are the titles that bring up the planeswalkers plus Might as Well be Planeswalking on the Sun.

Magic the Gathering |OT| War of the Spark - Everyone is Here!
Magic the Gathering |OT| War of the Spark - UP FROM THE 36 WALKERS
Magic the Gathering |OT| War of the Spark - Got 36 problems but Fblthp ain't one
Magic the Gathering |OT| War of the Spark - *OPRAH SCREAM* EVERYBODY. GETS. A. PLANESWALKER.
Magic: The Gathering |OT| War of the Spark - Enter the Nic-Bolas (36 Planeswalkers)

Magic the Gathering |OT| War of the Spark - Three dozen wizards 'walk into a bar...
Magic: The Gathering |OT| War of the Spark - Might as Well be Planeswalking on the Sun
Oops All Planeswalkers
Magic: The Gathering |OT| War of the Spark - Why can't I hold all these planeswalkers?
|OT| I Got 99 Walkers and a Garruk Ain't One
|OT| War of the Spark - 36 Flavours of Planeswalker
|OT| War of the Spark - I got 36 'Walkers, but Garruk ain't one

ThLunarian

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah what's with all the 99 problems references. Might as well go "All your Planeswalker are belong to us," that reference is about as dated

Yeef

Oct 25, 2017
New York
These two get my vote. Please no 99 problems references, jfc. Might as well do a "one of your french girls" reference while you're at it
113.jpg

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You think so? I'm really enjoying the variety.
Eh it seems like you just lose when you don't win the die roll which is boring as shit to me.

Edit: then again "control" players still let me resolve Vivien Reid a lot and have absolutely no clue whatsoever how to sideboard so it's not so bad.

Edit edit: I won a die roll. I've now won 1/14 today.

Last edited:

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you're trying to actually get people to click on the thread I don't think you should use any of those names.

IMO just write "Magic: the Gathering: War of the Spark |OT| 36 Planeswalkers/1 Per Pack" because nobody cares about the funny inside joke when they don't know what's in the set.

Last edited:

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
If you're trying to actually get people to click on the thread I don't think you should use any of those names.

IMO just write "Magic: the Gathering: War of the Spark |OT| 36 Planeswalkers/1 Per Pack" because nobody cares about the funny inside joke when they don't know what's in the set.
While I think being worried about drawing new people in when we are buried in community is silly and I genuinely enjoy making goofy suggestions, I agree with this (especially because 'Window Pain' is the best but wont win lol).

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
Eh it seems like you just lose when you don't win the die roll which is boring as shit to me.

Edit: then again "control" players still let me resolve Vivien Reid a lot and have absolutely no clue whatsoever how to sideboard so it's not so bad.

Edit edit: I won a die roll. I've now won 1/14 today.
I have won plenty of bo3 while going second in the first game.

#sideboardstoostronk

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Magic: the Gathering: War of the Spark |OT| 36 Planeswalkers/1 Per Pack
While I think being worried about drawing new people in when we are buried in community is silly and I genuinely enjoy making goofy suggestions, I agree with this (especially because 'Window Pain' is the best but wont win lol).
Magic: the Gathering: War of the Spark |OT| 36 Planeswalkers/1 Per Pack (Window Pain)

Oct 25, 2017
What's the Window Pain a reference to? The stained glass windows that didn't end up used on cards?

Maybe those windows are SPOILER PREDICTION

A memorial to the planeswalkers who are now revered as saints because they all sacrificed their lives to stop Nicol Bolas, at least until next set.

A_Dang

Oct 27, 2017
Western New York
My vote goes to:
Magic: The Gathering |OT| War of the Spark - Enter the Nicol-Bolas (36 Planeswalkers)

or with the variant spelling from the list ("Nic-Bolas").

It hits being a pun, it mentions who the big baddie is and references the amounts of planeswalkers in the set. To me it just feels too perfect.

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't get that one either. I tried to google it and got "Enter the Gungeon", and I've heard of "Enter the Matrix", but neither seemed to fit with Nic-Bolas.

Oct 28, 2017
I don't like the Wu Tang reference. Most people won't get that. I understand the reference to Enter the Dragon too, though honestly I think it just sounds weird.

I don't think the subtitle needs to be a pun.

A_Dang

Oct 27, 2017
Western New York
I don't think the subtitle needs to be a pun.
Like the level of humor to someone who already knows the set gimmick shouldn't be relevant

I'm going to primarily lurk and sometimes post here regardless of the thread title, as will the vast majority of the others that frequent this thread, so I agree that it makes a certain amount of sense to make the title more "newbie" friendly. Though, if it stays being a pun, I still vote for the Wu-Tang pun!

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna be honest: I really dislike guild formats for drafting. The drafts themselves are pretty on rails, and on top of that some of the guilds are just bad. In both of these two recent sets there was a guild you just really didn't want to play, but sometimes you just have to because that's what's open. And it just sucks the fun out of the format.

Really can't wait for these formats to be gone for drafting.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna be honest: I really dislike guild formats for drafting. The drafts themselves are pretty on rails, and on top of that some of the guilds are just bad. In both of these two recent sets there was a guild you just really didn't want to play, but sometimes you just have to because that's what's open. And it just sucks the fun out of the format.

Really can't wait for these formats to be gone for drafting.
Which guilds? Selesnya and Azorius?

The double set format on MTGO is pretty fun in my opinion. You can easily draft synergies like Guild Summit, whereas previously it was mostly unplayable because of the aggro guilds. Even the lockets are playable. It reminds me of the original Ravnica block which was an ace limited format.

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, executive decision, going to continue the music theme (that was interrupted with this thread.)

Magic: The Gathering |OT| War of the Spark - Enter the Bo-Las (36 Planeswalkers)

Yeef

Oct 25, 2017
New York
The guilds in RNA are actually fairly well balanced. It's not like GRN where there are guilds that you'll open play if they're super open.

Oct 25, 2017
The guilds in RNA are actually fairly well balanced. It's not like GRN where there are guilds that you'll open play if they're super open.

RNA is better than GRN for sure, but Rakdos is pretty bad.

RNA has other issues as well, in that the gate payoff uncommons are far too good. This is primarily an issue on Arena where it's too easy to make them that good even incidentally.

Status
Not open for further replies.