• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Simic is coming for that ass, whew.
Disappointed in my homeguild (Orzhov), but nothing'll stop me from putting together a jank aristocrat build.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Incubation Druid +
Image.ashx
is just infinite mana no? I'm not missing something am I?
Modern here we come baby

GLHFGodbless

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
bycty5d11g921.png

Really weird that this causes life loss when nothing else we've seen does. I suppose it must just be to shorten the template.

eseeiipbif921.png

Create wacky loops that are fun for the whole family.

Holy shit I am in love with that cleric. My favorite card shown yet. That tap effect is fucking amazing even if they have no creatures on the board, and manaless to boot. man, amazing.

Cries of ash is really solid too. Maybe not mainboard solid, but I def 3 or 4 of on the sideboard of any Naya/Gruul deck I make. Fuck you control.

I been kind of meh on the set so far with what they've shown, but the spoilers today are pretty good so far. Orzhov and Gruul are shaping up to be damn amazing, can't wait.

ThLunarian

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Priest of Forgotten Gods is bonkers in various decks.

Incubation Druid is ridiculous ramp. It's trivial to untap with this, pump it for 1 or 2 mana with some other effect, and go off to the races

Oct 25, 2017
Why yes I would love to ramp myself up to 5+ mana and then drop 4 of it on an enchantment that might help me draw a couple cards!

Is there some sort of artifact discount card I'm forgetting?

GLHFGodbless

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, I was hoping for like an, afterlife 3 creature or something for Orzhov, some kind of immortal servitude type card too. Seems like a wasted mechanic. Riot seems kinda under utilized too. Regardless, I can make a janky ass Sac Orzhov deck with whats shown.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Hoping the last Rakdos mythic has some crazy Spectacle-kicker effect. There are only a couple of cards with this application of Spectacle revealed and neither are particularly inspiring. Though I guess there's still the remaining (un)commons, which I assume won't all be spoiled?

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
captiveaudience.jpg

Well ok, not quite what I was hoping for but looks suitably thematic. 7 mana seems a bit steep though, I guess it removes itself if they somehow survive after all 3 effects?
No, the enchantment remains, but it doesn't do anything.

I like that card design a lot, even if it will probably come too late to be meaningful. May even let the opponent gain some life, haha.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Captive Audience actually might be Standard playable. Sire of Insanity saw play and tihs is a VERY similar ramp-topper.

GLHFGodbless

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not having an answer to Captive audience is basically a game ender against most decks. Midrange Rakdos will probably see more play in this set.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
That infinite mana combo seems waaaay too simple for it to have been not caught.....right?

It's not as egregious as Saheeli + Felidar, but....like come on, lol.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
are there enough gelatinous creatures for a thematic mimeoplasm deck yet

There are, but a lot of them are old (read: terrible) creatures.

There's a decent number of on-theme slime spells you can run, though, like that one counterspell (Mystic Genesis?) and Gutter Grime. The main problem is just that a good Mimeoplasm deck and a "good" ooze deck are almost completely at odds with each other.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
That infinite mana combo seems waaaay too simple for it to have been not caught.....right?

It's not as egregious as Saheeli + Felidar, but....like come on, lol.

Infinite mana was already possible in Modern in two-card combos at around the same mana costs, it's likely not that big of a deal. Some of the infinite mana engines were already based on mana dorks that get counters, even.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
They've always said that if something gets broken outside of Standard they aren't afraid to ban as a safety valve.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
There are, but a lot of them are old (read: terrible) creatures.

There's a decent number of on-theme slime spells you can run, though, like that one counterspell (Mystic Genesis?) and Gutter Grime. The main problem is just that a good Mimeoplasm deck and a "good" ooze deck are almost completely at odds with each other.
i guess theres always experiment kraj. its always hard for me to find the right level of jank for commander without looking like i'm intentionally playing garbage

ZealousD

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Sunder Shaman is definitely powerful in limited, but I don't really see it getting much play in Constructed. Nullhide Ferox is easier to cast, hits harder, and is more resilient. And I don't think I'd play both.

Actinium

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
California
Maybe if we go back to theros while it's still around then the incidental naturalize effect becomes incidental removal but there's still gonna be reclamation sage and vivien around for most of its standard life span who are both better for that.

bunbun777

Oct 29, 2017
Nw
I know I'm going to sound stupid but I can't tell what's going on with the art on sunder shaman. It looks like a deadpool head with half of an alligator mouth for a hood?

siddx

Banned
Dec 25, 2017
I cant tell if yall being sarcastic or not (a common issue perhaps due to snark levels turnt up so high on era) but I've seen people wreck house with certain mill cards in draft. Years ago one kid snagged two of those hour glasses that you paid x to mill x and just ran through people so quickly he ended up getting a table flipped on him.

Planeswalker Deck lists; Collision // Colossus; Sentinel's Mark; Rally to Battle; Macabre Mockery
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, I guess green is back to countering abilities.

Persistent Petitioners is way more complicated than I would have expected from a recent common. Neat that we finally get a non-black "rats" card.

Planeswalker Deck lists

NTzL895.jpg

Seems good.

image0.jpg

Enchantment - Aura
Flash
Enchanted creature gets +1/+2 and vigilance
Addendum- it gets lifelink until end of turn

image0.jpg

Instant
Creatures you control get +1+3 until end of turn. Untap them.

Dwj6qy1VAAIauNT.png:large

Note this can be used for blocking too.

Status
Not open for further replies.