• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aidan

Oct 25, 2017
Magic: The Gathering |OT| War of the Spark - Untap, Upkeep, Draw, Tick up [Planeswalker]

Yeef

Oct 25, 2017
New York
|OT| The Night is Long, Planeswalk on Girl
|OT| Player Unknown's War of the Spark
|OT| Hot Town, Some are in the City
|OT| City of Fights
|OT| Eternals' Sun Shine of a Sparkless Kind
|OT| Where the Planeswalk Ends

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Magic the Gathering: War of the Spark |OT| There are no Plainswalkers in this set

Planeswalker Weekend: War of the Spark events announced
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Planeswalker Weekend: War of the Spark events announced.
05/25/19 - 05/26/19
We're excited to announce the format for Magic Weekend—which has been named "Planeswalker Weekend."

There will be 36 Planeswalkers included in the set, and each booster pack will contain at least one Planeswalker.

For your Planeswalker Weekend Draft or Sealed event, Planeswalker cards will be castable using mana of any color! This means that players will be able to play every Planeswalker they open, regardless of the color(s) of their deck.

Oct 28, 2017
Planeswalker Weekend: War of the Spark events announced.
05/25/19 - 05/26/19
We're excited to announce the format for Magic Weekend—which has been named "Planeswalker Weekend."

There will be 36 Planeswalkers included in the set, and each booster pack will contain at least one Planeswalker.

For your Planeswalker Weekend Draft or Sealed event, Planeswalker cards will be castable using mana of any color! This means that players will be able to play every Planeswalker they open, regardless of the color(s) of their deck.

That sounds fun. Sealed seems the way to go.

Actinium

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
California
|OT| Test of Loyalty
|OT| Black Hole Sun, Won'tcha come
|OT| Tick Up, Tick Down, and Jump Around
|OT| I Got 99 Walkers and a Garruk Ain't One

dadjumper

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
Played my first multiplayer game(s) of EDH today. Things I learned:
  • Playing in your second language is waaaay harder when the card pool is larger than standard
  • Rashmi is super confusing and also probably too OP for a casual game with beginners (even though I'm one too)
  • The politics of multiplayer are a lot of fun
  • Skullclamp is really good

Sykdom

Banned
Feb 12, 2019
California
So.

When someone says good game and they are more or less forfeiting 20 minutes just based on strategy and pull its really fucking rude not to reciprocate. Maybe its because I grew up with Starcraft, Warcraft, Diablo and Rando WarGames that I expect at least common courtesy..

Is that so absurd? Sorry overreaction central here.

filkry

Oct 25, 2017
So.

When someone says good game and they are more or less forfeiting 20 minutes just based on strategy and pull its really fucking rude not to reciprocate. Maybe its because I grew up with Starcraft, Warcraft, Diablo and Rando WarGames that I expect at least common courtesy..

It's always possible that your opponent has emotes turned off globally to avoid rude people. I would try and give them the benefit of the doubt in this situation.

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
In paper I'd certainly at least hope someone would respond to their opponent saying that on concession and shake the hand or whatnot. But then social interaction in paper Magic is a weird minefield because of the general personality types of the people drawn to it. (And I'm including myself in there, the structured nature of board/card games are absolutely one of my crutches for making social stuff easier.) It's probably not worth being super angry about it, unless the person is just obviously a jerk bag in a bunch of other ways. Every store has one or more like that too.

In Arena, things are so anonymous and not personal that it probably doesn't really matter. You'll never interact with that player again, probably.

Last edited:

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
on arena i usually turn off emotes because i get tilted easily and its better for my MENTAL WELL BEING

also just saying, if you gg and you have untapped mana and cards in hand and im not currently swinging for lethal, i'm not saying gg until i see your portrait start exploding

Serule

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I see people say GG all the time when the game is not yet 100% decided, i always worry they are trying to psych me out.

Sykdom

Banned
Feb 12, 2019
California
It's always possible that your opponent has emotes turned off globally to avoid rude people. I would try and give them the benefit of the doubt in this situation.

Yeah 100%, I've seen people do obnoxious things with emotes. I really wish they had chat and just banned people who violated it like vanilla wow. Its just unfortunate I can't tell someone I appreciate them and their deck.

Oct 25, 2017
So.

I enabled automute as soon as I found the option and never looked back. I freaking love seeing no emotes or communication from an endless chain of Teferi decks, and I wish I could turn off the endless scorpion animation too.

on arena i usually turn off emotes because i get tilted easily and its better for my MENTAL WELL BEING

also just saying, if you gg and you have untapped mana and cards in hand and im not currently swinging for lethal, i'm not saying gg until i see your portrait start exploding
Also this, ye olde "Settle The Wreckage GG".

Sykdom

Banned
Feb 12, 2019
California
I enabled automute as soon as I found the option and never looked back. I freaking love seeing no emotes or communication from an endless chain of Teferi decks, and I wish I could turn off the endless scorpion animation too.

I agree with the animation but I do enjoy talking to people, but I guess thats my mtgo/bnet/ircd love coming out.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
I'm not sure how many things in Magic are more sad than a Mono-Blue player behind on board and empty-handed trying to tough it out.

Why even go in for the quick-win meta deck if you're going to waste time riding out unwinnable games? Just play a different deck.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
War Story time:
So my Bant Mill deck has been fairly successful

Code:
//Non-creature Spells (36):
2 Chart a Course
4 Divination
2 Patient Rebuilding
4 Psychic Corrosion
4 Gift of Paradise
4 Pause for Reflection
2 Sphinx's Insight
4 Root Snare
4 Gaea's Blessing
4 Opt
2 Settle the Wreckage

//Lands (24):
2 Glacial Fortress
8 Island
7 Forest
4 Breeding Pool
2 Hinterland Harbor
1 Sunpetal Grove

But I just had a match against Azorius Mill that was super informative

MillMirror.png
Dozens of turns deep into the match and look at the board states. Thing is? This is me winning. By this point in the game I couldn't play anything or else he might exile it or return cards to his deck with Devious Cover Up. But as long as I didn't play anything, he had no wincon. Why? Because of the four Gaea's Blessings sitting in my deck that he had no way of dealing with as long as I didn't play them Even if I drew any I just had to keep my hand overfilled so I could send it back to the graveyard and have it shuffled back in the next time he milled one.

Long story short, it was an informative game that I won by doing damn near nothing. Also, I need to put Consecrate in my sideboard.

aidan

Oct 25, 2017
Brand new plane coming in the Fall 2019 set (from Rosewater's recent mailbag post):

After War of the Spark is Core Set 2020. Then in October, we're going to be visiting a brand-new plane. I can't tell you anything about it yet as we're a little too far out from it, but I can say it's a set I've been trying to get us to do for over a decade, and I'm really excited about how it turned out.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I hope it's a plane created by Bolas after winning. I hope there's a small time skip and it's revealed in a later set that this is what happened.

IceMarker

Oct 26, 2017
United States
I was hoping they would at least mention Wilderness Reclamation in B&R, but I guess that card will get a set or two before they realize the mistake they've made and the possibilities of broken interactions with other future cards other than NoF.

Nordic-themed set would be cool for a new plane.

Status
Not open for further replies.