• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aidan story - Nicol Bolas, Lash Master®

aidan

Oct 25, 2017
Fire lashed like whips, raking into Jace's exposed chest. His illusion long since faded, his soft dad bod rippled with the blow, skin pink and raw as a frat boy's spring break sun burn. Jace, Bolas' Toy® turned his eyes down, too ashamed to meet Nicol Bolas, Lash Master®'s delighted, draconian glare. His head swam as he watched the Greatfire sweep through Ravnica far below. As eldritch flashes of lightning erupted within the Greatfire®'s flames, he thought he caught glimpses of other planes in the searing after image. Vryn, Kaladesh, Kaldheim...

Dominaria.

He thought of Liliana--her skin-tight leather get-up and the weird chain veil he'd hated at first, but, as life barely flickered in his chest, he now sorta liked. He felt a stiffness in his pants, and feverish heat flooding through his lower half that had nothing to do with Nicol Bolas, Lash Master®'s whipping magic of the Greatfire®.

"Do you like that?" said Nicol Bolas, Lash Master®'s, his eyes delighted and each word dripping with orgasmic passion. "There's more where that came from." Without realizing it, Nicol Bolas, Lash Master®'s forefinger traveled up his own chest and began circling his left dragon nipple.

Jace, Bolas' Toy® nodded weakly. Visions of Liliana running through his head. He wanted to visit Benalia. He wanted to meet her brother. To feel her cold lips on his again. Could he love two people at once? Was that possible. He looked at Nicol Bolas, Lash Master®, with all that passionate fury and unrestrained genius, and knew that, yes, he could.

"Banana Pancakes," Jace, Bolas' Toy® whispered. The words dribbled out of him like so much spent breath.

Fblthp watched.

Nicol Bolas, Lash Master®'s face drooped with disappointment as the safe word hit his ears. "I'm sorry," he growled. "Did you say 'cabana and rakes?'" raking his claws down Jace, Bolas' Toy®'s chest. The Planeswalker from Vryn's nipples stiffened even as the few hairs left on his chest sizzled and melted.

"Banana pancakes!" Jace, Bolas' Toy®'s voice exploded from his chest, no illusion needed to make it seem bigger than it was. His breath was laboured, heaving.

"Hmph," Nicol Bolas, Lash Master® grumbled. His whip extinguished and he brought Jace, Bolas' Toy® a drink of water in a tall glass, its sides slick with condensation. "Do you want me to get you down?"

Jace, Bolas' Toy®'s head drooped, but he managed a nod. "I--" he struggled for words.

Nicol Bolas, Lash Master® let him down, cradling his soft, limp body in great arms. His sharp-clawed fingers were surprisingly delicate as he placed Jace, Bolas' Toy® on the ground, drawing a blanket over him, and calling to one of the nearby healers for assistance.

"I-- I have to find her," Jace, Bolas' Toy®. "I can't do this anymore, Nicky."

"Her?" Nicol Bolas, Lash Master® said, mind racing to piece this new twist together. Things had been going so well. He had thought Jace, Bolas' Toy® was THE ONE. "Vraska? That damn gorgon?"

"No," Jace, Bolas' Toy® gasped. "Liliana. I can love you both."

Darkness took Jace, Bolas' Toy®.

Last edited:

Justin

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, Washington
Fire lashed like whips, raking into Jace's exposed chest. His illusion long since faded, his soft dad bod rippled with the blow, skin pink and raw as a frat boy's spring break sun burn. Jace, Bolas' Toy® turned his eyes down, too ashamed to meet Nicol Bolas, Lash Master®'s delighted, draconian glare. His head swam as he watched the Greatfire sweep through Ravnica far below. As eldritch flashes of lightning erupted within the Greatfire®'s flames, he thought he caught glimpses of other planes in the searing after image. Vryn, Kaladesh, Kaldheim...

Dominaria.

He thought of Liliana--her skin-tight leather get-up and the weird chain veil he'd hated at first, but, as life barely flickered in his chest, he now sorta liked. He felt a stiffness in his pants, and feverish heat flooding through his lower half that had nothing to do with Nicol Bolas, Lash Master®'s whipping magic of the Greatfire®.

"Do you like that?" said Nicol Bolas, Lash Master®'s, his eyes delighted and each word dripping with orgasmic passion. "There's more where that came from." Without realizing it, Nicol Bolas, Lash Master®'s forefinger traveled up his own chest and began circling his left dragon nipple.

Jace, Bolas' Toy® nodded weakly. Visions of Liliana running through his head. He wanted to visit Benalia. He wanted to meet her brother. To feel her cold lips on his again. Could he love two people at once? Was that possible. He looked at Nicol Bolas, Lash Master®, with all that passionate fury and unrestrained genius, and knew that, yes, he could.

"Banana Pancakes," Jace, Bolas' Toy® whispered. The words dribbled out of him like so much spent breath.

Fblthp watched.

Nicol Bolas, Lash Master®'s face drooped with disappointment as the safe word hit his ears. "I'm sorry," he growled. "Did you say 'cabana and rakes?'" raking his claws down Jace, Bolas' Toy®'s chest. The Planeswalker from Vryn's nipples stiffened even as the few hairs left on his chest sizzled and melted.

"Banana pancakes!" Jace, Bolas' Toy®'s voice exploded from his chest, no illusion needed to make it seem bigger than it was. His breath was laboured, heaving.

"Hmph," Nicol Bolas, Lash Master® grumbled. His whip extinguished and he brought Jace, Bolas' Toy® a drink of water in a tall glass, its sides slick with condensation. "Do you want me to get you down?"

Jace, Bolas' Toy®'s head drooped, but he managed a nod. "I--" he struggled for words.

Nicol Bolas, Lash Master® let him down, cradling his soft, limp body in great arms. His sharp-clawed fingers were surprisingly delicate as he placed Jace, Bolas' Toy® on the ground, drawing a blanket over him, and calling to one of the nearby healers for assistance.

"I-- I have to find her," Jace, Bolas' Toy®. "I can't do this anymore, Nicky."

"Her?" Nicol Bolas, Lash Master® said, mind racing to piece this new twist together. Things had been going so well. He had thought Jace, Bolas' Toy® was THE ONE. "Vraska? That damn gorgon?"

"No," Jace, Bolas' Toy® gasped. "Liliana. I can love you both."

Darkness took Jace, Bolas' Toy®.

Gets my vote for thread title

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
GRN-RNA-RNA is actually a pretty fun draft format. You can't just focus one guild and draft aggressively so decks lean more to three colours with the Lockets being decent fixing and card draw late game. Counterspells are also very good whereas in their respective formats they're bad because of Boros/Rakdos/Gruul.

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Decks look pretty good, given they're based on outdated information. They all seem like they could do well at tournaments right out of the box.

Current value of Challenger Decks:
United Assault (White Weenie): $63.94
Lightning Aggro (Mono-Red): $79.24
Deadly Discovery (Golgari Mid): $72.12
Arcane Tempo (Izzet Drakes): $122.66

You should probably preorder Arcane Tempo if you can find it for near the $29.99 MSRP.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
the challenger decks are like my top 4 most hated archetypes in Standard right now lmfao

Seems like great value, though.

IceMarker

Oct 26, 2017
United States
Pretty solid lists, looking forward to seeing some of the more common heavy hitters drop in price for singles. Sadly looks like Teferi is either gonna freeze again or go back up.

Beje

Oct 27, 2017
I think the Izzet Drakes deck as a control offering is much more intelligent since it's really easy (and cheap) to turn it into an aggro build if you want and is more straightforward to pilot. Teferi control in any of its forms (UWx) is probably much more counter-intuitive for the target audience of these decks.

Feb 16, 2018
teferi (or azcanta) should have been banned a while ago (for power level imo), so there's some logic in not printing those as risk avoidance. maybe they have an internal watch-list

as for other baseless speculation, azcanta is double-faced so it's possible they wanted to save costs by not printing it

Xequalsy

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
teferi (or azcanta) should have been banned a while ago (for power level imo), so there's some logic in not printing those as risk avoidance. maybe they have an internal watch-list

as for other baseless speculation, azcanta is double-faced so it's possible they wanted to save costs by not printing it
The decks have the black and white flip enchantments already.

Beje

Oct 27, 2017

WotC are never going to ban high price chase rares/mythics unless they're 100% totally busted and wrecking the metagame to avoid feel-bad scenarios though, and there are some ways to sideboard against Teferi and/or play around him. Azcanta is relatively easily to get rid of too unless you're on monored.

Fiddler

Oct 27, 2017
Playwise i'm not all that excited for these challenger decks. It's pretty much 3 aggro decks and one whos trying to be controlly without really being it.
Last years decks were much wider in playstile and how you could play them.
Thought they would go for something like boros aggro, golgari, izzet drakes and jeskai.
What a bummer also personally since our lgs only sells them in a full pack and we already have most of the cards. And we're only interested in 2 of them and that only to break them down and let them go into our actual decks.

Deleted member 29293

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
If you just need some individual cards you will be able to pick them up after release for a much lower price, I don't see the issue.

London Mulligan will be tested on MTGO
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
London Mulligan will be tested on MTGO
From April 10 to May 1, the London Mulligan will be the mulligan used on Magic Online. This mulligan is part of an experiment run by Magic R&D in their never-ending efforts to improve the game we all know and love. This will apply to all formats, in all events and casual games.

As MTGO is the best and largest way to play classic formats like Legacy and Vintage, this test will provide a critical mass of data to help R&D make a final determination whether to adopt this mulligan for Magic as a whole. And importantly, it will allow Mythic Championship competitors to practice their Modern game under the same conditions that they'll face in London.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Kind of a pain for me as I was hoping to test my deck for the Legacy GP in Niagara Falls online but I guess that's life haha

Keeping this mulligan rule will change so much in the eternal formats... it scares me.

Beje

Oct 27, 2017
Kind of a pain for me as I was hoping to test my deck for the Legacy GP in Niagara Falls online but I guess that's life haha

Keeping this mulligan rule will change so much in the eternal formats... it scares me.

I don't really see the London mulligan staying if it powers up too many unfair decks that rely on degenerate opening hands that can wreck your opponent's shit even if you just keep 4-5 very specific pieces. Dredge and Tron for example come to mind but I'm pretty sure there are more.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I don't really see the London mulligan staying if it powers up too many unfair decks that rely on degenerate opening hands that can wreck your opponent's shit even if you just keep 4-5 very specific pieces. Dredge and Tron for example come to mind but I'm pretty sure there are more.
The counter to this is that it makes it easier to find your hate, Leylines and Surgical get especially better. It's still terrifying.

Beje

Oct 27, 2017
The counter to this is that it makes it easier to find your hate, Leylines and Surgical get especially better. It's still terrifying.

I'm also particularly afraid of that. It makes games 2 and 3 just a race to mulligan for the sideboard tech, making essentially non-games where both parties spend more time playing hate and hand/library disruption than playing their deck. Also, if you're playing a burn-like deck or anything that interacts with "target player" all that your opponent has to do is mulligan for the white leyline and lock you out of even attempting to disrupt their hand with duress or thoughtseize.

Edit: so, either they ban all leylines and cards with phyrexian mana costs that are essentially free splashes in any deck or Modern is going to turn into a shitshow.

aidan

Oct 25, 2017

It's weird because it's going to remove so much variance from a lot of match-ups that they're just going to turn into Mulligan fests. Who can mull to their perfect hand faster? Modern already has a problem with matchups playing out in a very similar manner every game, and this will just make it worse.

Xequalsy

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I hope not - been watching a couple of arena streams who are prepping for the Mythic Invitational. BO1 makes all of them depressed as hell. Not fun to watch imo, though it's what I solely actually play in arena.

Oct 25, 2017
We could get rid of the land mechanic since that feels kind of like the root problem to me and pretty archaic. Gotta go fast like KeyForge, or gotta go slow like Hearthstone, no lands required!

Status
Not open for further replies.