• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZealousD

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
1/6th of Panthers are also in black, and 2/6ths have black color identity. Chipmunks and squirrels transmit disease, but aren't in Black. Animals are put into black because because they are seen as bad or evil and for no real deeper reason than that. But it happens that a lot of animals we consider evil are the ones that we've historically known to transmit disease.

Panthers have a reputation for being loners and being sneaky/sly/pouncey. That's black-ish.

Chipmunks and squirrels don't have a reputation for spreading disease like rats do. They also have a reputation for mostly eating nuts, they aren't seen as critters that eat out of your trash and mess up the stuff inside your house (even if they actually might).

I would say the vast majority of color pie choices are deliberate, but you have to approach it from understanding that how we perceive or culturally understand an animal's nature is different from how they actually are. Then understand that the color choices are based on our perceptions, and not the reality.

Also, Medieval Nobility also participated in regicide, infanticide, and betrayal as a matter of course. So that just kinda enhances my point.

This doesn't take away from their white nature, it just adds black nature. There's a reason that a lot of the brutal authority figures in Magic dip into the combination of white and black.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
animals primarily are coloured by where they live. Rodents living in sewage and filth are black, lions live in steppes, squirrels live in trees. There's no profound reasoning to this and swamps should actually have a ton of life but wotc has picked dead swamps so everything there has to be ugly.

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I have friends in the pro community from my past as a regular grinder. I don't want to name names, nor do I want to get into super specific detail, but I was told this week when inquiring as to what had happened that he's notorious for sending unsolicited pictures to women.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
Treasure Constructed is a hilarious format. Just cruised to 5-0 with this pile https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/treasure-bros/?cb=1553958998

Been playing Arena for the first time since the closed beta and gotta say it's pretty fantastic. I'm having the most fun I've had playing magic since like 2013

Nice. When I played it seemed like most people were just using their usual decks. The treasure worked really well with my Gates deck, I thought it would be really fun to try to throw something together with a bunch of cards that care about treasure or artifacts but I don't think I'll bother since there's no rewards for playing that mode after you get your alt arts.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
This may be common knowledge, but PSA since I haven't seen anyone post about it:

You can redeem the codes PlayAllegiance and PlayRavnica in the store to get 3 free packs each of the Ravnica sets. Case matters annoyingly so be sure to capitalize correctly.

Edit: Wait, I just Googled "MTG Arena redeem codes" to see if there were any others (I just found out about the two above today) and apparently these were given out in booster packs... but they're not unique per pack. And the promotion is promoted on the official site. This seem sort of dumb, what's the point of paying for the ink to print the code in packs if you're going to show it everyone online? Very weird.

Last edited:

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
This may be common knowledge, but PSA since I haven't seen anyone post about it:

You can redeem the codes PlayAllegiance and PlayRavnica in the store to get 3 free packs each of the Ravnica sets. Case matters annoyingly so be sure to capitalize correctly.

Edit: Wait, I just Googled "MTG Arena redeem codes" to see if there were any others (I just found out about the two above today) and apparently these were given out in booster packs... but they're not unique per pack. And the promotion is promoted on the official site. This seem sort of dumb, what's the point of paying for the ink to print the code in packs if you're going to show it everyone online? Very weird.
to get paper players to install arena.

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
unknown.png
unknown.png

D2_sm5qWkAIdaXq.png:large

Buy a Box promo, affinity is NOT in the set proper

Every planeswalker has a static or triggered ability.

Uncommon planeswalkers.

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
unknown.png

Haha, Bolas wrecking Jace's place right off the bat.

unknown.png

Should be really strong.

Also, note the Spotlight: Act 1.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Interesting that Liliana is one of the 3 mythic planeswalkers in the set. One of the others has to be Bolas, right? Wonder who the third will be.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Oh my god I thought people were joking when they said the trailer music was a Linkin Park cover

JustinBailey

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That trailer was probably the best trailer for magic thus far. I am a Linkin Park fan though, I understand if others weren't a fan.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Tezzeret is nuts. Could be completely busted and I'm honestly surprised they decided to do something that could be good again for a BAB

Alternade

Oct 27, 2017
So with Amass you're just making one big creature? I hope there is a way to have multiple armies otherwise 😬😬😬 lots of people are gonna get blown out

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
PWs being boring enchantments is kind of meh.

Knew they would not give some of the uncommon PWs + abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.