• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
kunoroshoundofathreos.png

Shuts down Cauldron Familiar
I thought they didn't make set hosers anymore?

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
lsPgPQe.png

One of those cards that I think people would have thought more highly of if it had fewer abilities. It's a 5-mana creature with 4 power that draws three cards.

Best case scenario it's a recurring 2 mana 5/3 that draws 3, provided you've filled in the graveyard enough. Maybe Izzet Phoenix could find a place for it but I doubt it. If it had haste it might be a bit more interesting.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
Elspeth sounds like a cool character. Will there be any kind of story content for this set? I understand not getting another hardcover novel, but it sounds like this is a big return of an old character. Hopefully she gets some good material.

Shuckle

Mar 30, 2018
I'm interested in seeing what they do with white in this set. White should be the strongest "enchantment" color but so far I'm seeing a lot of cards that could have been white but are not for some reason.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
I'm interested in seeing what they do with white in this set. White should be the strongest "enchantment" color but so far I'm seeing a lot of cards that could have been white but are not for some reason.
it's gonna take a while before we see white get better cards since we're still in design from years ago.

Sep 14, 2018
Is Disenchant the best answer to all these enchantments? They could easily do W instant exile enchantments less than 4 cmc or 3 and it would be fine I think, maybe too hosey but white could use something like that.

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Is Disenchant the best answer to all these enchantments? They could easily do W instant exile enchantments less than 4 cmc or 3 and it would be fine I think, maybe too hosey but white could use something like that.
b49270b2-ba15-4268-adb3-16d09c09adee.jpg

This was printed in the core set right after Original Theros. I thought it was a bit too much of a hoser, but I don't recall how effective it really was. I think Theros Standard didn't have much enchantment action anyway.

Izzy

Oct 25, 2017
Black sure is getting a lot of ways to draw! 3 mana draw three seems ridiculous. I understand that there's technically a drawback, but there seems to be enough life gain/drain in black right now that it doesn't really feel like it's a problem.
- My first thought for purphoros was fires decks, possibly dumping out threats with fires and his activated ability to wreck face in a single turn. But I get the feeling that Kenrith/Cavs are probably good enough already.
- The ox is weird. Escaping it and getting a 5/3 draw three for 2 mana seems crazy good, but I lack the imagination to figure out in what world it's actually feasible.
- I don't know why red gets a 4 mana wrath but ok. I feel like it's just gonna get used against me in jeskai fires decks so they don't have to wait the extra turn to time wipe.
- I was excited for Woe Strider but there's already a *lot* of sac decks that are doing just fine. I suppose we'll find out if a straight Orzhov/celebrant deck is viable now, or if it's still the Korvold/jund show.
- Extended art temples are pretty. It's a shame there wasn't extended art versions of the M20 temples to match the TBD ones.
- Kunoros is the goodest boy! He's a hoser that's good enough to main deck a copy if you happen to be in those colors, kinda like how single copies of Tomik showed up in all mono white lists even if his passive wasn't always relevant.

Aphemia the Cacophony
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
luwko5n2rw741.png

Aphemia the Cacophony {1}{B}
Legendary Enchantment Creature -- Harpy
Flying
At the beginning of your end step, you may exile an enchantment card from your graveyard. If you do, create a 2/2 black Zombie creature token.
2/1

If you use Dead Weight on turn 1, this is a potential 4 power total by the end of your second turn. Also you can legend rule her and exile the sacrificed card, since she's an enchantment creature.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
That means you can't attack it if you put it on a PW lol

Oh wait only creature or enchantment

I guess you can enchant Gideon?

SoundLad

Oct 30, 2017
Me and my GF's Secret Lair boxes just arrived at the door! I got the Seeing Visions set and she got the Kaleidoscope Killers set. The art is beautiful, although the cards have a slight warp to them already.

I knew that these came with complementary planeswalker cards, but what I didn't expect was pulling a mythic foil Nicol Bolas from these - thought they were all uncommon or rare. Lucky streak continues!

sBpQ265.jpg

f0rk

Oct 25, 2017
At what set will we start seeing power levels dialed back after the terrible year for dumb cards they've just had? Will it be in 2020?

Status
Not open for further replies.