- Oct 25, 2017
I am decidedly not the target audience for the Deluxe Collection.
So as someone not really invested in physical Magic, what's the main source of the cost of this collection? I'm guessing either the art print or the foil sheet?
It's the Collector Boosters, which are $20-30 each in WotC's hellish post-MSRP world.
What I mean to ask is: what's the main draw for people buying it? Anything specific or is the whole shebang equally enticing?
I assume they're more than superficially different from normal boosters, I'm guessing more rares?
I describe the contents in the OP.
And the big new addition is collector booster packs. The contents are
These go for $20-25.
- 1 rare/mythic rare with extended art - This is the only place to get extended art cards
- 1 foil rare/mythic rare - This can be a foil variant card too
- 9 foil commons/uncommons - This includes variants
- 3 special frame cards (showcase or borderless planeswalkers) - For Throne of Eldraine only, this is the only place to find non-foil versions of the common showcase cards
- 1 ancillary card - This slot is for cards that don't appear in draft booster packs, from Planeswalker Decks and the Buy-a-Box Promo and such.
- 1 foil token
Scavengers looks like 5U to me.I describe the contents in the OP.
Moonlit Scavengers - 4U
Creature — Merfolk Rogue (Common)
When Moonlit Scavengers enters the battlefield, if you control an artifact or enchantment, return target creature an opponent controls to its owner's hand.
Merfolk Secretkeeper - U
Creature - Merfolk Wizard (Common)
Venture Deeper - U
Sorcery - Adventure
Target player puts the top four cards of their library into their graveyard.
Are foil tokens available anywhere?
Maybe it has bubonic powers.
Sucks for me since I have a lot of fun playing Big Teferi and not finding a substitute in this new pack makes me sad. At least I have Rule of Law for the jank good times, don't know why I love that card. Oh I know why, cause I'm a shit eater.
*slots in Ashiok*
Maybe if you needed 1 more card in your opponent's graveyard to activate one of the synergies blue has in this set?