• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I'm assuming if you exile an Adventure card you can't cast it from exile, it needs to be exiled when played as an Adventure, right?

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
right, i think you basically would think of it like exiling it with an adventure counter on it
otherwise that notseize would seem straight busted

Knight of the Keep; Lost Legion; Ogre Errant; Raging Redcap

Koz

Sep 5, 2018
A whole bunch of common knights:

EESEJn6XkAIKpnt
EESEJoBXUAEGern
EESEJoHXUAAm6ql
EESEKUHX4AA8M3R

Venerable Knight was also officially spoiled.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
48hbpnjn96m31.png

Sorcery
B
Target opponent reveals his or her hand. You may choose a non-land card from the opponent's hand. If you do, opponent exiles that card. If a non-black card was exiled in this way, exile a card from your hand.

As a discard-player at heart, I'm not too impressed, might be worth a sideboard if a black deck or a hexproof creature starts to dominate standard. Otherwise I'd rather stick with Duress.

aidan

Oct 25, 2017
The most refreshing thing about Throne of Eldraine is we haven't seen a single member of the Gatewatch even referenced on a card. I'd love to see more sets that take place independently of the main storyline.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
The most refreshing thing about Throne of Eldraine is we haven't seen a single member of the Gatewatch even referenced on a card. I'd love to see more sets that take place independently of the main storyline.
I've been on the hate train for this set, but I can agree with this. I'm sure there will eventually be a "main story" again (Garruk is our anchor and Will/Rowan will almost certainly play a part going forward), but I hope they learned some lessons from pushing that thread so hard and we get it more in moderation along with some good, plane-centric stories that are disconnected from the overarching plot.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
I don't want to play the racist card but goblin knight feels wrong.

Yeah, that doesn't look like a knight, at all.

And I'll go ahead and say that in general I'm not really sold on the Knights archetype needing to have slid into red this much. I guess they just decided they wanted R/W Knights to be the new aggro archetype and are kind of forcing it, because flavor wise it just isn't working, especially in a fairy tale context.

Giant Panda

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the organization and code of conduct typically associated with knights doesn't seem very red. Red has warriors, barbarians, and berserkers instead.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
you can be granted titles and still roam around being a crazy bloodlusted moron, just like the boros legion are regimented soldiers but still are red

and i think goblins can do anything if they really believe in themselves!

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
I could totally see knights being hard red if you were doing a war context (Hundred Years War, Crusades, etc.), or the Ixalan vampire conquistadors totally could have done red, but fairy tale knights are like the most divorced from that context knights can ever get.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
At least those goblins are riding something, not just being murderous redcaps.

Like the description for mah dude even says he jacked his gear for the killing spree.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
They've been working through All-Star references gradually. Meteor Golem was just slightly too subtle for people.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I know it's not the same thing exactly but that's a human, and this already exists...

UnbreathingHorde.jpg

It just strikes me as a weird mechanical overlap.

aidan

Oct 25, 2017
unknown.png

Phantom ability returns
Stream confirmed this is at least partially a reference to the Black Knight from Monty Python

This feels like a really on-the-nose reference to the Shardplate Brandon Sanderson's Stormlight Archive. Huge sword, and massive, magical armour that breaks off a piece at a time as it's attacked. You can even see the armour knitting itself back together with magic.

Actinium

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
California
It seems like a fine way to represent a creature not being killable with a single wound, which applies to both the monty python knight or less silly a dullahan or something, as well as a crowd of individual zombies acting as a single threat.

Kind of wish this had been spoiled early enough to be used in the OT title.
Magic: The Gathering |OT| Throne of Eldraine - A Scratch?!? Your +1/+1 Counter's Off!

Koz

Sep 5, 2018
That wolf is a primo common for limited, probably even better than Bloom Hulk. The boar spell is, uh, cute I guess. Poor little guys :(

Faeburrow Elder; Idyllic Grange; Stonecoil Serpent

Yeef

Oct 25, 2017
New York
unknown.png

image0.jpg

Countryside Villa
Land - Plains
Countryside Villa enters the battlefield tapped unless you control three or more other Plains. If Countryside Villa enters the battlefield untapped, put a +1/+1 counter on target creature you control.
image0.png

Stonecoil Serpent X
Artifact Creature - Snake
Reach, Trample, Protection from multicolor
Stonecoil Serpent enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters on it.
0/0

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Endless One has found its end.

EDIT: So as not to double post:

lpxdz7e85dm31.png

Surprised this wasn't in the Esper deck during Arena's Eldraine Brawl event.

Last edited:
Bonecrusher Giant; Vantress Gargoyle
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017

Limited themes
Blue-red is all about drawing your second card in a turn. Many cards trigger or get a bonus if two cards have been drawn in a turn.

White-blue cares about artifacts and enchantments. Many cards get bonuses if you control one and a double bonus if you control both.

Black-green has the highest density of Food rewards. Cards key off sacrificing Food or using the Food for other rewards.

Red-white is about Knights going wide. Red, white, and black all are Knight themed.

Black-red cares about Knights and Equipment.

White-black is the slowest of the Knight decks. It wants to have a long game and trade resources frequently.

Red-green cares about your creatures not being Humans. Cards will get bonuses when non-Humans enter the battlefield or are in play.

Green-blue wants to ramp and use as much mana as possible. Food and Adventure are both natural mana sinks for green-blue to use.

Green-white is the main Adventure color pair. It has the highest density of Adventure creatures and rewards for adventuring.

en_zDazaciUcS.png

Damn, red getting a 4/3 for 3 with an upside... unless you're trying to play it in Feather.

en_n7OCnEfrzd.png

Another reverse threshold card.

Status
Not open for further replies.