• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
4/4 for 3, and a 4/4 that gets bigger at that. Thank heaven it's legendary and/or doesn't have evasion.

f0rk

Oct 25, 2017
image0.png

This seems really good.
This is interesting in Standard. It's either insane or awful. Not having the exile clause the Izzet spells did means it doesn't work with Ashiok and I assume there are ways your opponent can control how vulnerable they are to it. Need to look at the rest of the spoilers to see how many playable enablers there are without going stupidly deep into making an actual mill deck, which I'm not interested in.

Oct 25, 2017
Drown in the Loch really isn't all that good since it's reliant on your opponent having cards in their graveyard. I don't think you can count on that in Standard.

In Modern it's far more interesting.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw the Command Zone's Brawl video of Korvold and it's another bloody Jund dragon. Are you for real, Wizards? Where are all the cool dragon commanders that aren't Jund or 5C? smh

f0rk

Oct 25, 2017
There's no enablers fast enough to use it on curve so really how good is it...

It's strong I think but not being able to reliably use it early makes it a liability and who wants that in their deck?
Drown in the Loch really isn't all that good since it's reliant on your opponent having cards in their graveyard. I don't think you can count on that in Standard.

In Modern it's far more interesting.
I don't think we've seen enough cards in UB yet to judge. It only takes a couple of playables with incidentally mill 2 to make it reliably good. Unfortunately they've already spoiled Opt so Thought Scour is out.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Dragons had plenty of two color dragons including colors that do not get dragons. Not sure what the heck you're going on about.
CC means converted mana cost. Let me replay arthis conversation for you

Firemind: I want cool, non-Jund dragons that aren't 5cc

You: Tarkir

Me: Joke about Tarkir dragons not being cool

Sigmasonic: Wordplay with a literally cold dragon from Tarkir

Me: Still doesn't count, 5cc

You: <Honesly I don't know what you're objecting to here>

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CC means converted mana cost. Let me replay arthis conversation for you

Firemind: I want cool, non-Jund dragons that aren't 5cc

You: Tarkir

Me: Joke about Tarkir dragons not being cool

Sigmasonic: Wordplay with a literally cold dragon from Tarkir

Me: Still doesn't count, 5cc

You: <Honesly I don't know what you're objecting to here>

He said 5C, which stands for 5 Color.

QFNS

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Where's my Bedknobs and Broomsticks homage? I want animated armors fighting Nazis!

Castle Locthwain
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Got a translation
castleoflocthwain.jpg

"Castle of Locthwain"
Land
~ enters tapped unless you control a Swamp
T: Add B
1BB, T: Draw a card, then you lose life equal to the number of cards in your hand.

Doesn't have to sacrifice. Seems pretty good, especially in hellbent black.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Got a translation
castleoflocthwain.jpg

"Castle of Locthwain"
Land
~ enters tapped unless you control a Swamp
T: Add B
1BB, T: Draw a card, then you lose life equal to the number of cards in your hand.

Doesn't have to sacrifice. Seems pretty good, especially in hellbent black.
"When I first came here, this was all swamp. Everyone said I was daft to build a castle on a swamp, but I built in all the same, just to show them. It sank into the swamp. So I built a second one. And that one sank into the swamp. So I built a third. That burned down, fell over, and then sank into the swamp. But the fourth one stayed up. And that's what you're going to get, son, the strongest castle in all of England."

Alternade

Oct 27, 2017
Calling it

Green - 3GG add (2) +1/+1 counters
White - 4WW create a 2/2 knight with vigilance
Red - 1R Deal 2 damage to any target and 1 damage to you

Metal Slugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
St. Cloud, MN
4RR, tap: Create two red 3/1 Elemental creature tokens with trample, haste and "At the beginning of the next end step, exile this creature". Play this ability only on an opponent's turn during the combat step after attackers have been declared.

Acclaimed Contender; Escape to the Wilds

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
zlphg3hqu4n31.png

3/3 for 3 that tutors seems decent if Mardu Knights ends up being a thing.

1hr2lutoc5n31.png

The last part seems like a bit of a weird addition to justify the green mana cost but I suppose the idea is to help ramp up for the next turn where you hope to get as much value out of the exiled cards while you can.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
So it functionally is a Temple of the False God that filters all your mana to green but isn't useless early. Seems nice but not earthshaking.

QFNS

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Not excited by that Green ability, but it's probably playable. The red one is fine, surprisingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.