• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is $30 for Bitterblossom good or bad? What's it selling for nowadays?

I can't think of a time where Wizards essentially set the price for a single card before.
as of this second? It's a reasonable deal. After this hits? lol.

That said, if that's the standard of what is in these, that's not too bad honestly. If nothing else, that's the best bitterblossom artwork there is.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Jeez guys. They're all reprints of relatively cheap cards. If you don't want them, don't buy them?

Putting Arcane Signet in the Brawl decks was way more egregious than this.
I don't see how limiting the sales of these to one day EVER is the same as creating a new staple that will be printed into the ground as the years go on.

TAFAE

Aug 27, 2018
Michigan
Rebecca Guay Bitterblossom >>> this new Bitterblossom > UMA Bitterblossom.

Wizards making reprints with weird art aimed at Commander doesn't seem like a big deal to me? That randomized, draftable Commander product that's been teased for next year seems like it's much more likely to be an issue than anything going on here.

Secret Lair - Eldraine Wonderland
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
EKPa0MCW4AAHNF-

unknown.png

Eldraine Wonderland
Foil snow lands, one each, with an Arena sleeve. $30

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The third one is about to premiere. Nothing can be as disappointing as 5 normal fucking frame lands l o l .

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
People are pointing out that those lands are cheaper than similar products without considering the limited printing/unique art/foil.

Still not for me, but I guess it makes sense for some people. Might even be worth getting if only because it seems to be so niche it'll be a very small printing haha.

Digging the cats and bitterblossom.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd rather Wizards go all-in on this strategy of milking people for cosmetic bullshit than printing overpowered garbajj and wanting people to buy packs.

Let the dummies who value cosmetics spend their money.

TAFAE

Aug 27, 2018
Michigan
Modern Dredge Starter Pack is neat, but I don't think I'd rather have that art over the existing versions. Bloodghast at least reads a little more like a Vampire Spirit than the current one, which looks like a zombie.

ZealousD

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The artwork is great. People will spend millions of dollars for white paint on canvas. I'll pay $30 for some gorgeous artwork.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
The Gargoyles forum is the best part of that post

Congrats to Alayna Danner for getting an entire Secret Lair set to herself

The artist proofs are gonna be worth $$$

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
I submit to you the OT titles I came up with for Theros

Theros | Escape to Which Mountain?
Theros | Ain't No Holla Back Girl
Theros | 2 Underworld Boogaloo
Theros | I Been Through The Underworld In a Mask With No Name
Theros | Look, Up In The Sky! It's Heliod!
Theros | Rescuers Down Underworld

TAFAE

Aug 27, 2018
Michigan
I am a little bit surprised that there's not an especially good red deck in Pioneer. Feels like red aggro has been at least Tier 2 in Standard through the whole range of legal sets, even the best deck at times.

Thoughtseize seems like a card that is both driving the Pioneer metagame to a bad, same-y place and keeping it from becoming a bigger mess. It being the best card in the format and basically the only good cheap interaction means you're strongly incentivized to play it yourself and that you can't play something that just folds to it (hence all of the aggro and ramp/midrange). Without it though, I imagine things would just get more linear.

The aggro/ramp/midrange metagame did feel inevitable from the announcement though - threats have outpaced answers so dramatically since like Innistrad/RTR. I don't think it's realistically possible for Wizards to fix this in the short term either. Printing the quality and quantity of answers for Pioneer without making Standard a control-only hellhole would be impossible without Pioneer Horizons, and banning enough busted threats out of Pioneer would probably turn a bunch of people off of it.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Theros Beyond Death - Theros and Back Again
Theros Beyond Death - Deck Stacking Death
Theros Beyond Death - Elspeth's Mulligan

aidan

Oct 25, 2017
Theros | Cross the River Nyx

I think we should stay away from jokes about Wizards' recent distasteful treatment of the LGBTQ+ community. As much fun as it can be to dunk on Wizards and Hasbro for their poor decisions, I think thread titles should be used to encourage people to join in the community in a positive fashion.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Theros | Cross the River Nyx

I think we should stay away from jokes about Wizards' recent distasteful treatment of the LGBTQ+ community. As much fun as it can be to dunk on Wizards and Hasbro for their poor decisions, I think thread titles should be used to encourage people to join in the community in a positive fashion.
I didn't do it for fun or for the lolz. I'm personally of the belief that bad behavior should be highlighted and called out so as to do my part to enact change. I also think it would be more encouraging to the community to know at a glance that we disagree with and reject their recent lore decisions and half-hearted explanations.

But Wizards is going to be getting far less-to-none of my money going forward so maybe it's not my call to make.

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
Pioneer Meta looking nice and healthy. /s

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/mtgo-standings/pioneer-challenge-2019-11-25

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/mtgo-standings/pioneer-ptq-2019-11-26#decklists

Who could have guessed that a format made up of the last seven years of Magic sets would be almost entirely ramp and aggro decks playing Black, Blue, and/or Green?

Castle Lochthwain is pretty dumb. Getting a lategame Phyrexian Arena that is difficult to interact with and carries minimal deckbuilding cost I think makes these black decks too good. In general, I think the power level of the nonbasic lands they've printed over the past year has been problematic (Field, Sanctuary, Castle Lochthwain all pretty egregious). The Castles are cards that at a minimum would be legendary or always CIPT in previous sets (and would be considered pushed even then, IMO).

Status
Not open for further replies.