• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
Theros | Cross the River Nyx

I think we should stay away from jokes about Wizards' recent distasteful treatment of the LGBTQ+ community. As much fun as it can be to dunk on Wizards and Hasbro for their poor decisions, I think thread titles should be used to encourage people to join in the community in a positive fashion.
as a fellow writer can you appreciate the nuance of Rescuers Down Underworld

Feb 16, 2018
pioneer's fine. just needs a field of the dead ban

monoblack is a deck without many strong cards. it's draws aren't that powerful if you just answer the few cards that aren't junk, but landfall being in the format doesn't let you play answers. the most powerful part of the deck is actually the disruption followed by topdecking more with the castle. it's annoying, but it's not really that reliable of a plan

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Kinda surprised there isn't a Food token for Thanksgiving. Hope all of you celebrating have a good day filled with great food, family and friends!

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Do I buy this fucking secret lair drop series? Pondering all weekend. I feel like worst case the investment is reasonably likely to have an ok return in terms of mtgfinance and the best case is I decide to open the ones I want and sell some off. idk.

ZealousD

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Do I buy this fucking secret lair drop series? Pondering all weekend. I feel like worst case the investment is reasonably likely to have an ok return in terms of mtgfinance and the best case is I decide to open the ones I want and sell some off. idk.

Don't get caught up in FOMO. If there's a particular drop you actually want, you can buy it. But because any person can buy up to 10 copies of any particular drop if they want it, there's gonna be tons of the things out there. You're bound to get burned if you try to turn most of them into a spec.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The inbreeding of Standard to shoehorn Familiar/Oven into any deck with black is setting up for another miserable format, though not from a broken standpoint so much as a repetitive nonsense standpoint.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Don't get caught up in FOMO. If there's a particular drop you actually want, you can buy it. But because any person can buy up to 10 copies of any particular drop if they want it, there's gonna be tons of the things out there. You're bound to get burned if you try to turn most of them into a spec.
There are tons of copies of every card out there, unlimited supply for a single day is not the same as unlimited supply. We'll see I guess. I fully expect them to appreciate just fine, not like bonkers but the risk should be extremely low on them actively losing value over time.

Barrin

Dec 12, 2017
I like the alternate artwork on the Secret Lair cards but the value for what you are getting sucks in most of them. Kaleidoscope Killers looks the most appealing and I love the art but not sure I want to even buy that. $45-$50 after shipping is quite a bit for 3 cards. Sliver Overlord is my favorite looking card but I already have the premium deck series foil.

acheron_xl

Oct 27, 2017
MSN, WI
The Kaleidoscope Killers one looks like a realtively decent deal, as long as these printings don't sink the value of foil Reaper Kings. Same with Bitterblossom.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I really love the looks of those lands too, but the problem is of course that you need a lot more than 1 of each land to really make those work, simultaneously the most useful and also the worst value proposition of them all.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
The inbreeding of Standard to shoehorn Familiar/Oven into any deck with black is setting up for another miserable format, though not from a broken standpoint so much as a repetitive nonsense standpoint.
It's just such an annoying and predictable combo without much interaction just to hit you for a few life at a time. Broken? No. Fun? No. Not to play and not to play against.

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017

Under Prerelease Pack there's a listing for
* 1 set of double-sided keyword counters

ad9204ec-8c49-4ef4-ad08-510c3c6670d3.jpg

I suppose that means we'll get effects like this in Ikoria. Should be interesting.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
People called me crazy when I said that card was busted during spoilers (not here I don't think) but who's laughing now
lol, yeah, I'm still not sure how it got printed. I liked that in the Standard B/R announcement article they spent forever talking about Oko and basically didn't mention UOaT. "It's better that we pretend this card never happened."

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's just such an annoying and predictable combo without much interaction just to hit you for a few life at a time. Broken? No. Fun? No. Not to play and not to play against.
I wish they'd ban the cat just to make the games more fun. It's tedious as hell to play or play against. If it were digital only, they could just make the cat recursion sorcery speed and reduce the mind numbing repetitiveness of each EOT phase.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Leaning towards another "nothing banned" week this week as they will be getting back from Thanksgiving vacation, and they might not be able to have their Lunch Break all at the same time again to make the decision

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
I kinda think Copter is OK, so far. It's powerful but hasn't felt absurd. But it would be weird to ban Field and UOaT (which both should be banned, imo: Field is miserable and UOaT is not a real card) and hit nothing from the monoblack deck that's arguably the best deck.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
That's fine by me that they are including these, and it makes these feel less like WOTC direct-selling singles by including at least 1 random element to the box

Status
Not open for further replies.