• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beje

Oct 27, 2017
not tank instead of instants

tank instead of creatures that die to sorceries if people want an effect like sky theater strix

The point of the deck is finishing the game with a couple of aerial attacks, and if the idea is trying to get your creatures to survive until the following turn so they can attack then dive down, spell pierce and maximize velocity (or samut sprint) are a better proposal since they will too make the drakes grow in the process. Not to mention that permanent +1 strength is way more useful than until end of turn +1/+1 that can be chump blocked by weenies and only get a couple points of trample damage in the end.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
So really thinking about Tithe Taker in Feather, because man slowing down their responses to my combat tricks is very powerful.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I play a lot of paper Tron and my lands never seem to become marked no matter how often I tutor for them.

Not enough details on how they were marked for me to judge, though his story is not sounding too good. He should stop talking.

Oct 25, 2017
It'd be one thing if all the tron lands were "marked" identically. It's entirely another when each tron land was marked differently.

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
Has this detail been made available? I'm curious to know how much about this is public.
Yeah, there was different marks for each type of Tron land. There was a single mixup between two types, so you got 4x mark A for one of the lands, 3x mark B and 1x mark C for the next of the lands, 1x mark B and 3x mark C for the last of the lands.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, there was different marks for each type of Tron land. There was a single mixup between two types, so you got 4x mark A for one of the lands, 3x mark B and 1x mark C for the next of the lands, 1x mark B and 3x mark C for the last of the lands.
And of his 75 those were the ONLY marked cards?

Man... it really doesn't look good.

Bandini

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a reason you don't play Bedevil? Are Narset and Ral really worth their slots?

That was my v1 of the deck, here is my current list: https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/1854529#arena

I'm trying out Bedevil, but it's kind of competing with Vraska's Contempt and I really like the exile effect. I did like Ral but ultimately cut him. I really like Narset, she's very strong against the decks I normally have trouble with.

My biggest change since then is cutting Opts for Nicol Bolas, The Ravager. I was having some trouble protecting Dragon-God and a 4/4 flying body does the trick nicely. Not really sure why I was running Opt in the first place, it's nice for filtering but not super necessary when you're running 26 lands.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
It'd be nice if Wizards explained how the cards were marked so we can put all this speculation to rest. Because there's a difference between marking sleeves with identical patterns and replacing sleeves that are slightly differently cut or have a slightly different shading. Even then, he should have replaced the sleeves of all his cards so it's still a piss poor excuse.

aidan

Oct 25, 2017
Just spitballing here, but what if God didn't want Yuuya to get a Top 8, so used divine intervention to mark the sleeves AND bring the judges' attention to it?

Takuhi

Oct 27, 2017

ZealousD

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
That was my v1 of the deck, here is my current list: https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/1854529#arena

I'm trying out Bedevil, but it's kind of competing with Vraska's Contempt and I really like the exile effect. I did like Ral but ultimately cut him. I really like Narset, she's very strong against the decks I normally have trouble with.

My biggest change since then is cutting Opts for Nicol Bolas, The Ravager. I was having some trouble protecting Dragon-God and a 4/4 flying body does the trick nicely. Not really sure why I was running Opt in the first place, it's nice for filtering but not super necessary when you're running 26 lands.

I tried making some Nicol Bolas decks myself and I'm not a huge fan of the early red. With 17 black sources you are only about 70 percent to play Nicol-Bolas Dragon God on turn 5. It's easier to sculpt that Mana base when you only need the red by turn 4.

Bandini

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, one of the reasons I was interested in your build is because I couldn't afford the Ravagers and yours was one of the few that doesn't run them. :P Ah well, looks like a sweet deck! I'll have to try out the Narset... I assume she's mostly for screwing over opponents' Chemister's Insights?

Thanks, it's a lot of fun! It's definitely an expensive deck in paper. I only play standard on Arena so for me it's not an issue. Besides Chemister's Insight, Narset is also good against Teferi and decks that run Chart a Course, although it's a little more vulnerable there due to getting hit by flyers. I did end up moving her to the sideboard as it's just kind of dead against creatures decks on game 1.

I tried making some Nicol Bolas decks myself and I'm not a huge fan of the early red. With 17 black sources you are only about 70 percent to play Nicol-Bolas Dragon God on turn 5. It's easier to sculpt that Mana base when you only need the red by turn 4.

I've run into that issue a few times, but with 7 surveil cards in the main board and 26 lands, it's not too bad. A lot of the time I want to clean up the board a little before dropping him down anyway.

I'm still tweaking the deck, current list: https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/1855872#arena

I went up to 4 Unmoored Egos in the sideboard to deal with Reclamation decks, they are the bane of this deck. Really all enchantments are annoying since the only way to deal with them is a counterspell or hand distruption. Also brought down the overall CMC and added Duress to the main, I think it hits enough in game 1 and just fits well with later discard effects.

ZealousD

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Is it working out to have both Chemister's Insight and Sinister Sabotage in the deck? When I was brewing I pushed in a more midrange direction. I maindecked the Thieves of Sanity and used Treasure Map/Karn and Discovery//Dispersal as card advantage/selection instead. Leaned more on removal than counterspells.

Bandini

Oct 25, 2017
Is it working out to have both Chemister's Insight and Sinister Sabotage in the deck? When I was brewing I pushed in a more midrange direction. I maindecked the Thieves of Sanity and used Treasure Map/Karn and Discovery//Dispersal as card advantage/selection instead. Leaned more on removal than counterspells.

I can't see not running Chemister's. Sinister Sabotage can be a little awkward though. It honestly seems better in late game to protect my board.

I've considered maindecking the Thieves, but that's a bit of a nonbo with Cry of the Carnarium. I could maybe try something like -1 Cry -1 Duress -2 Sinister +4 Thief...

ZealousD

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I can't see not running Chemister's. Sinister Sabotage can be a little awkward though. It honestly seems better in late game to protect my board.

I've considered maindecking the Thieves, but that's a bit of a nonbo with Cry of the Carnarium. I could maybe try something like -1 Cry -1 Duress -2 Sinister +4 Thief...

For the record, here was the list I put together.

WrDsvDr.jpg

M20 - Prerelease will now start on Friday 3 PM
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Thread has been moved to Hangouts now that Prerelease is over.

With M20, Prerelease will now start on Friday 3 PM, along with the following:
* The new Promo Packs have the following:
  • A promo-stamped rare or mythic rare from the most recent set.
  • A promo-stamped rare or mythic rare from a short, curated list. (These lists will be public.)*
  • A promo-stamped alternate art basic land.
  • A promo card.
And the short curated list in this case will be the Japanese alternate art planeswalkers.

* As long as a store already has a Prerelease on the books, it can add another Prerelease up to the day of the event.
* Stores can schedule WPN events for Commander now.
* The new WPN Premium stores can get new promotional material (shown in the link).

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Thread has been moved to Hangouts now that Prerelease is over.

With M20, Prerelease will now start on Friday 3 PM, along with the following:
* The new Promo Packs have the following:
  • A promo-stamped rare or mythic rare from the most recent set.
  • A promo-stamped rare or mythic rare from a short, curated list. (These lists will be public.)*
  • A promo-stamped alternate art basic land.
  • A promo card.
And the short curated list in this case will be the Japanese alternate art planeswalkers.

* As long as a store already has a Prerelease on the books, it can add another Prerelease up to the day of the event.
* Stores can schedule WPN events for Commander now.
* The new WPN Premium stores can get new promotional material (shown in the link).

1/4 packs with a JPN walker isn't too bad. Way better than wasting money buying a box and trade fodder for those who dislike them.

Oct 25, 2017
So long buddy. Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out. Or do - I don't care.

I have zero sympathy or forgiveness for cheaters. Yuuya should be done for good.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah- any single set like that could be justifiable as shuffle wear if, like, half the deck had them
But there is zero way you can say anything other than blatent cheat with those markings

ZealousD

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Those markings look like the kind of markings you would make if you've never heard of marking your cards before. Like you just came up with a "brilliant" idea and never even imagined you could get caught for cheating like this.

Oct 28, 2017
Finally- "Midnight" Pre-releases can start at 3PM on Friday! https://wpn.wizards.com/en/article/5-firsts-coming-m20
Now, you don't need to run the lamest of ducks FNMs, you can just run your pre-release as your FNM

This is fantastic. I'm so tired of staying up til 6am just to play in a pre-release. I'm no longer a teenager that can do that easily and without a care. My sleeping schedule is still screwed.

I wonder if my store will do a 3pm pre-release. I might even take off work to do that.

Oct 28, 2017
?? Just be a normal person and do it Saturday morning or afternoon

I like to go with a few buddies of mine and they've always got work during the day on Saturday. I could theoretically go alone, but my wife and I usually like to plan something every Saturday and she appreciates still having a day for her. Friday night, but not outrageously late, is the ideal start time for me so this just checks all the right boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.