• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 28, 2017
Planebound_Accomplice_EN.png

This is a tough one to crack, since you only have one turn to use it.

I immediately jump to something that can bounce itself plus an effect. Then again, I'm not sure there is a Planeswalker with that effect.

Oct 25, 2017
Venser is the obvious combo but I could be missing something. Sundial of the Infinite also helps. Venser/Sundial decks were a fun tier 2 strategy in Standard for a while.

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I immediately jump to something that can bounce itself plus an effect. Then again, I'm not sure there is a Planeswalker with that effect.

In my superfriends deck I could use Venser or Aminatou to flicker whatever comes out. I could also self exile my Kaya. Seems like it would be cool to use but you need other pieces. Also if you have Doubling Season out then maybe one turn is all you need.

But I'm sure others are looking at it through Modern eyes.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
After looking at all the Modern walkers that are 5 or more mana (which is a really bloated list thanks to PW decks!), I can't find anything other than Venser that feels like you are "cheating" when you sneak it in on turn 4. Ugin was the only other one (he wipes the board of CMC 7 or less).
It feels like you need this card in a shell with Doubling Season, where you are sneaking Walkers out and Ulting them.

Oct 28, 2017
NlXZBPGTbwvKb3DG6uE4yzygFsVip_TQhI-D0J4OaD4.png

This is a good commander for Slivers. (I assume this was linked in the article above, but I can't see that at work. I just wanted to talk about it here)

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Can we talk about EDH here, or is this a Standard only thread?

Because I have a Sliver EDH deck and I'm REAL DAMN EXCITED about this and I need to gush about it
You can talk about whatever format you want here! Commander gets a lot of talk around here (Legacy not as much sadly) so yeah, go nuts!

Nov 2, 2017
Well, if the reserved 5 color legendary slivers weren't already financially ridiculous, I'm sure they are now.

Urza is fucking broken as hell. Like, that's legit one of the most absurd legendaries I've ever seen for Commander.

DashReindeer

Perfect World
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Funny that they printed a dedicated Sliver general here when Morophon looks to be the best Sliver General of all time. He makes all your other Sliver gens free!

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can we talk about EDH here, or is this a Standard only thread?

Because I have a Sliver EDH deck and I'm REAL DAMN EXCITED about this and I need to gush about it

Slivers were my jam when I played back in the pre modern era. Could easily see myself trying to put together a Sliver EDH deck if there's enough sliver stuff in MH.

Overall I'm really liking the cards in MH so far

Nov 2, 2017
I don't know how original of a take this is, but it just hit me looking at that Urza and the other spoiled cards, but holy fuck I hope that one of the black mythics is a Mishra counterpart. That would fuckin' rule.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
We already have a Mishra card, and it's a cool effect
Image.ashx

The only issue is that it is stone-cold unplayable in EDH- If they do another Mishra, my guess is it's in a Commander deck with a card designed for EDH

Nov 2, 2017
We already have a Mishra card, and it's a cool effect
Image.ashx

The only issue is that it is stone-cold unplayable in EDH- If they do another Mishra, my guess is it's in a Commander deck with a card designed for EDH

I know we already have a Mishra, I just want one more specifically opposed to the new Urza. Also, not having to build a weird janky stack-obsessed deck in Commander would be nice too.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Mishra seems likely given this is pre-spark Urza. Yawgmoth is another good option for black though.
We have Mishra as pointed out above. Yawgmoth would be tough to do. Maybe a Thran-era Yawgmoth, but once he takes over Phyrexia and becomes his God-like self, it seems really tough to fit him into a text box the same way a late-game Urza pw would be (green or not).

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
there's a handful of cards Mishra works with in EDH the important aspect is to involve a cast trigger that puts the artifact into a zone mishra can pull from. i.e Possibility Storm lets you search out the artifact possibility storm put back into your library.
Another is Nether Something that makes your spells cheaper but you need to sacrifice a creature or they get countered so you let the artifacts be countered before mishra's ability resolves and then grab them from the GY

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
You can talk about whatever format you want here! Commander gets a lot of talk around here (Legacy not as much sadly) so yeah, go nuts!
this is the greatest day of my life
Slivers were my jam when I played back in the pre modern era. Could easily see myself trying to put together a Sliver EDH deck if there's enough sliver stuff in MH.

Overall I'm really liking the cards in MH so far
Totally worth it. Gonna go on record and say that Slivers are the best tribe, and yet, I really struggle against creature removal. I think I just keep forgetting I have Crystalline Sliver in my deck (I never said I was a good MTG player). Mana fixing was (and still kind of is) a pain in the ass, but I've got Chromatic Lantern, Prismatic Omen, tri-lands... I've got the Signets, but I might swap them out for bounce lands.

Decisions, decisions...

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
this is the greatest day of my life

Totally worth it. Gonna go on record and say that Slivers are the best tribe, and yet, I really struggle against creature removal. I think I just keep forgetting I have Crystalline Sliver in my deck (I never said I was a good MTG player). Mana fixing was (and still kind of is) a pain in the ass, but I've got Chromatic Lantern, Prismatic Omen, tri-lands... I've got the Signets, but I might swap them out for bounce lands.

Decisions, decisions...

You really should prioritize all the 5cc lands. City of Brass, Ancient Ziggurat, Gemstone Mine, Undiscovered Paradise, Cavern of Souls is the top end, etc.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see Sisay get another card, even though original was pretty awesome already.

Gerrard is gonna be next, I can feel it.

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
You really should prioritize all the 5cc lands. City of Brass, Ancient Ziggurat, Gemstone Mine, Undiscovered Paradise, Cavern of Souls is the top end, etc.
Yeah, I've got most of them. I replaced City of Brass for Command Tower because I don't like losing life, no matter how paltry it may be. Gemstone Mine is fine, I just like lands that stick around.

Reprint for the Squirrel v Sliver showdown of the century

squirrelnest.jpg

Scratch that, Slivers are the second best tribe.

Metal Slugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
St. Cloud, MN
Spent my free time today scrounging up cards that I think Urza will spike. Not speculating, just grabbing singles/playsets so I don't get priced out later.

This set is going to jump so many prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.